Conflicting Personalities

Life-Sized

"Kris..." The blonde god prince prince straight from a manhwa was standing at Joonmyun's door. Was that too much? Well to say the least, Suho has a crush on his tall best friend. "W-what are y-you d-doing here?" he stuttered. Yeah, way to look suspicious.

Kris Wu laughed and poked his friend's forehead "You didn't forget about our movie night, did you?"

The brunette facepalmed. How could he forget about that? Every Friday night, he and Kris would get together and watch old movies. Normally Suho would be so excited to spend time with Kris, but today was not a good day. Unfortunately, there was something in his room that needed his attention. Joonmyun shook his head "I didn't forget," he smiled sheepishly "Today isn't a good day, can we do it tomorrow?"

"Why?"

Oh nothing, I just have a living doll in my room. That's totally normal though, right? "Oppa!" Suho's thoughts were interrupted as he and Kris looked at the door to the shorter boy's room.

"What was that?" Kris tried to get pass Suho, who was trying a little too hard to block his way.

"Nothing, probably my neighbors. They can be kinda loud sometimes," the brunette laughed nervously.

"It sounded like it came from your room," Kris looked at Joonmyun, who was all red. He touched the shorter boy's cheek "Are you okay? You look sick."

Suho smiled "I'm fine. You know what, why d--"

The door to the bedroom opened and Joonmyun's world instantly collapsed in on itself. Lay stepped out of the room in skinny jeans and a deep v-neck shirt. "Oppa, why didn't you answer me?" He looker at Kris "Oh, who's that?"

Kris raised an eyebrow and looked at Joonmyun "Uh Suho, who's that?"

Joonmyun couldn't believe this was happening. Of all the times this could happen, it had to be now. I really want to go crawl in a hole right now. Maybe I can make friends with some squirrels or something. Of course he couldn't do that so he took a deep breath "Kris this my--"

"Boyfriend!" Lay put his arms around Suho's waist.

"Yah! Stop interrupting me!" Joonmyun shook his head and removed Lay's arms from his waist. "He's not my boyfriend, he's just a friend of the family. He's staying with me for a while."

Kris looked Lay up and down. He looked back to Suho and frowned "I guess this is why you wanted to reschedule?"

Suho could see the hurt in Kris' eyes and sighed. He really needed to handle this whole doll thing first, but he didn't want Kris to be mad at him. Geez, I need a simpler life. "Kris, why don't you go to the kitchen and make some popcorn," Suho grabbed Lay's wrist "I'll be right back. Our movie night is still on."

The blonde nodded and smiled brightly "Okay." He went to the kitchen while Joonmyun took Lay back to his room and slammed the door.

Lay looked at Suho and pouted "Why'd you do that? Why'd you say I wasn't your boyfriend? Are you ashamed of me?"

"One, you're not my boyfriend. Two, I already have a crush on someone. And three, you're a doll." He brought Lay to the bed and sat him down "Lay, I really like this guy, okay? So you're going to do me a favor."

Lay looked away from his owner "I don't want to. Joonmyun-oppa was mean to me."

Suho rolled his eyes, And here I thought it deserved at least some free will. "Fine, then I'll tell you what to do. You're going to stay in this room and if you ruin my time with Kris, I will end you."

Lay looked up with sad eyes and nodded. He didn't really have too much of a choice anyway. It was just the way he was programmed. "I'm sorry oppa," he fell back on the bed with a huff.

Well did he know how to make Joonmyun feel bad or what? He wanted to tug his hair out. He really wanted to be alone with Kris, but he knew that it would hurt Lay's feelings to leave the doll alone. Wait, did he even have feelings? Suho looked at the doll who was looking at the ceiling dejectedly. Well, he seems to have some type of emotion chip... maybe. Suho kind of wanted to just cuddle him, the doll was too cute for words. Yeah, that wasn't going to happen. "Lay, if you stay here and be good, I'll let you meet my friends tomorrow. Okay?"

The doll was up in a second, hugging Joonmyun "Really?"

"Yes, I promise."

Lay hugged his owner tightly and smiled "Okay, I promise to be good. Um, but what if I have to go?"

"Go where?"

"To the bathroom. Or if I get hungry?"

Suho patted his shoulder "Then you can leave the room. Otherwise just stay here until Kris leaves."

"Okay. Oppa," Lay fiddled with his fingers "You really like him, don't you?"

Joonmyun stood and walked to the door "Yeah, I do."

 

Kris looked up when he saw Suho come into the living room "Well about time. I was starting to think you weren't coming."

"Mianhae. I wasn't expecting that to take so long," the brunette smiled at his friend. "So what are we watching tonight?"

Kris looked at Suho skeptically. He was acting really weird today and he didn't really explain the other guy who was here. "Who's that other guy?" Jealousy was practically dripping from the blonde's voice as he stared Suho down.

"He's just a friend of the family, nobody important."

"Uh huh," Kris nodded. "So what up with the doll box?"

How did I forget about that? Way to lie and leave evidence of the truth. Joonmyun sighed "Well it's Lay, he likes dolls. In fact, he collects a lot of them. He's kind of a weirdo." This had to be the worst lie yet. But what else could he do? He didn't want to tell Kris about the dare. That would make his friend think he's was the strange one. Nope, it was better if Lay was weird. Besides, it made the doll useful.

Kris laughed and was rolling like a buffalo on the floor when Suho finished. The brunette threw a pillow at him and smiled a bit. At least Kris didn't think he was some kind of creep. He grabbed the box and pushed it out of the way. Sitting down next to Kris on the floor, he looked at his best friend "So you don't think I'm weird for taking him in?"

"What?" Kris finally stopped laughing and patted the brunette's head "No, I don't care about him. I was just curious."

"Sorry about that, it's pretty embarrassing. Anyway let's not talk about him, he's going back home soon anyway." Joonmyun scooted slightly closer to Kris "So what are we watching tonight?"

Kris smiled. He didn't get a good vibe from that Lay guy . It was something about him that he didn't like. "We're gonna watch Spiderman, the original one."

"Ooh how romantic," Suho put a hand over his mouth.

Kris took Suho's hand and held it in his own "It is, isn't it?"

Joonmyun smiled and leaned on Kris' shoulder as the movie came on.

 

Lay was in Joonmyun's room, looking at all the little things the other boy kept on his dresser. One thing caught the doll's eye: it was a picture of Joonmyun and his family. They were all sitting around the table together, but Joonmyun had an empty seat next to him; it was like someone was missing. Lay wondered who was supposed to be sitting there. He shrugged his shoulders "I'll ask Joonmyun-oppa about it. That is if he'll even talk to me." Lay didn't like that his oppa was drooling all over some other guy. He has me for a boyfriend, I'm his perfect match. I was specially made for him. As far as Lay was concerned, he figured every couple was made this way. So he didn't understand why his oppa thought it was okay to have a crush on another guy. Lay rolled his eyes and flopped down on Joonmyun's bed. He wanted to make his oppa like him. Maybe if he got some -- he sneezed. Well he's gotta have a least one flaw right? -- sleep then he'd be able to think of a plan. Lay closed his eyes, I'm gonna make Joonmyun-oppa forget all bout that blonde guy.

The movie ended and Joonmyun walked Kris to the door "I'm glad you stayed."

Kris nodded "I am too. So," he leaned in close to Suho "Do I get to stay the night with you?"

Suho's eyes widened and his heart skipped a few beats. He'd been waiting all his life to hear those words. He was about to scream "You. Me. Bed. Now." when he heard a sort of sniffle coming from the other room. He'd almost forgotten about Lay who had been pretty quiet this whole time. This kid, doll, had a way of making Suho feel bad about everything. He turned back to Kris "Maybe another after I send him back."

Kris rolled his eyes "Well at least your sending him back." He kissed Suho's cheek "I can't wait. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay," Suho blushed cherry red as he waved goodbye to Kris as the other boy left. He smiled and swore that he'd never wash his face again. He had just been kissed on his cheek by his crush. He was so happy that he had to put his hands over his mouth to stop the, not so manly, fan girl squeals.

Joonmyun took a breath and relaxed before deciding to go check on Lay. He was probably bored in the room, his owner hadn't exactly given him anything to do. Joonmyun went inside to find his doll asleep on his bed. As much as he didn't want to, even he had to admit that the doll was cute. Lay was curled up into a ball, letting out a little snores from his slightly open mouth. This was much different from the way-too-happy doll that he'd seen earlier. Seeing him like this, Joonmyun felt he was more life-like this way. It even made him feel bad about what he had said earlier. Aish, I guess I could at least be friends with him, he thought as he covered Lay with a blanket. He lay next to him and turned off the lights. I've only had him one day, and he's doing this to me.

 

A/N: So...yeah. I don't really know how to explain this quick update so I won't. Anyway, I hope Joonmyun doesn't seem like a butthole to you guys. He's a good person just trying to cope with the fact that he has this living doll on his hands. If you think Kris is a butthole, that's okay then because he's supposed to be. I like his personality that way, it fits his face. All hail Krisus! Anyway, have yo guys seen Growl? I'll admit, it was pretty cool and I wasn't totall against it like I was when I first saw Wolf. And I must say, I was having so many Lay and Chen feels. My heart was exploding all across the board. Well that's it for this chapter. Subscribe and comment if you really want me to update. Is five a good goal? FIVE new comments and I'll update, okay? Thank you and Saranghaeyo! Until next chapter!