Warm Porcelain Skin

Life-Sized

"Love idols? Ever wish your boyfriend was as handsome as an idol? Tired of dating and getting your heart broken? That means you're searching for Mr.Right and we have him. Well here he is: Areumdawo Dolls Boyfriend collection! They're handsome life-like dolls that become the perfect boyfriend for you. It's simple: kiss to activate and the doll is immediately to be Mr.Right-For-You. He can't fall in love with anyone else; he's completely devoted to you. Get yours today!"

It was because of this advertisement that Kim Joonmyun, also known as Suho by his friends, was sitting at his computer filling out a survey. It was all stupid Jongin's fault. The younger boy had dared him to get one after they had seen the ad on tv. Joonmyun instantly said no; he refused to be seen with one of those things. He couldn't have cared less that all his other friends were paired off and he was alone. He was not going to buy a doll for a boyfriend. Then freaking Kim Jongdae had to bring out his phone. That little device was filled with evil and contained all of Jongdae's blackmailing material. It also included a picture of Suho crying after he'd won an award. Gosh, he looked terrible and Jongdae was threatening to put it up all over the internet. Suho swore that he would destroy that phone if he ever got his hands on it.

Suho finished the survey and looked at the results. It was supposed to match you with a doll that you'd find the most physically attractive. "Which one do you think I should get?" he called over to his friend Kyungsoo.

The smaller boy looked over his shoulder and pointed to one. Suho looked at briefly before clicking 'buy'. It didn't matter which one he picked, he was sending it back as soon as he was done with this dare. "Wow, I can't believe you're actually getting this thing."

Joonmyun shrugged his shoulders "I can't let that picture get out."

"It's not that. Look at the price," Kyungsoo pointed to the screen.

1112660 won.

Suho's eyes grew to the size Kyungsoo's were normally. He wished he'd noticed that earlier. He put his head against the desk, this was not fair. The brunette really couldn't take a dent like that in his budget, he had rent to pay.

"Good luck with this Joonmoney," Kyungsoo patted his shoulder affectionately. Joonmyun looked up at his best friend and sighed. He didn't understand how the younger boy had wound up with someone like Jongin. He was such a good person and his boyfriend was a monster. Angelic personality out the window, Suho swore that he would end Jongdae and Jongin the next time he saw them.

 

"Here is your purchase." The delivery boy said, holding up a paper for Joonmyun to sign. Giving a small wary smile to the required one that the boy was wearing, Suho quickly wrote his signature before gesturing for the boy to bring the purchase inside. He finally settled the box in the middle of the living room and abruptly left the apartment. It was amazing that the boy was polite enough not to say anything or make a weird face; he even gave a small bow before making his escape.

"He must think I'm a weirdo," the brunette muttered to himself. Not that he blamed the kid, he felt weird doing this. What kind of guy buys a doll for a boyfriend? Suho sighed as he closed the door and walked back to the living room. He stared at the box  which was as tall as he was. They were not kidding when they said life-size, Suho thought. The Areumdawo doll company logo was on the front and the details of the purchase on the side. He let out a sigh after he read the information on the side - where it stated clearly 'Model:LAY'. "Well at least he comes with a name," Joonmyun facepalmed "I'm totally a weirdo."

Joonmyun pulled out his phone and slammed on the keypad. "It's here, you idiots. What now?" he asked as soon as the call connected. At his question he could hear Jongin and Chen laughing on the other line. "Do you know how weird it was when the delivery boy came? It was plain awkward! For a male to be buying a male doll, it's not normal!" The brunette was half shouting by now, but it only made his friends laugh even harder. "s..." he muttered before taking a deep breath. "You know what? I will be the one laughing when you pay my rent this month. This stupid doll was expensive!" There was a small smile on the male's face when the laughter stopped.

"Fine," came the grudging reply. "But you know it's not over yet. You still have to send me a picture of you kissing him." From the tone Kai was using, Joonmyun was sure that they thought that he wouldn't dare do such a thing. Well I've come this far, he thought to himself as he let out an annoyed 'fine' and hung up the phone. It took him about half an hour, but he was finally able to open the box; showing a life-size male doll that looked like the real deal. Suho looked at it skeptically and raised an eyebrow, he shrugged "Seems legit." The manufacturer was really specific with the detailing -- out to the smallest details of the human body; the doll had freaking dimples. "Too bad you're just a doll. You're actually pretty handsome," Suho said, his hand caressing the doll's weirdly warm cheek. Almost like he's alive. In fact even his skin felt real; gosh this was creepy. Suho shook the thoughts away immediately. This was a ridiculous dare from Chen and Kai. Joonmyun leaned in closer to the doll and placed his lips softly on its lips. It was a weird and insane act, but he had long thrown his insanity away. One of his hands raised to take a picture of the action. Great, another picture those jerks could blackmail him with.

The doll's eyes lit up and glowed, quite literally. His synthesizer, the thing that allowed him to fit his owner's personality, was instantly activated. It gathered all the information it needed from Suho's kiss. It was completely creating the doll's mind and personality to perfection. The doll put a hand to his owner's chest and kissed him back. Meanwhile Suho was expecting the kiss to be a second or two until the doll started kissing him back. He deepened the kiss until he realized something. The DOLL --nonliving, soulless DOLL-- was kissing him back. Joonmyun jumped back and stared with wide eyes at the doll. He pushed away from it and backed away quickly, too quickly, causing him to trip over the coffee table. He didn't really notice it, as he tried to get as far away as possible from the doll. "What the hell are you?" He clutched his phone thinking that he should call the police. Though he doubted that the police would believe that a doll he ordered had magically come to life.

"Hello, I your Areumdawo boyfriend made especially for you," the doll couldn't help but laugh when he saw his owner trip over the table. At the sound of his own voice, he put a hand over his mouth. He wondered if everyone talked the same way he did.

"You talk?! No, no you aren't suppose to talk, you're a doll!" Suho felt dizzy, he needed to get things straight. He close his eyes to think. So this doll was totally lifeless when I opened the box. Then I kissed him, no it. Then it suddenly came to life. "Kiss to activate" Oh my god, it's really real. Suho opened his eyes and saw that the doll had started walking towards him, causing the white cloth ribbon covering it to fall off. "Whoa stop! Don't move," Joonmyun held out his hands but it was too late. His cheeks turned bright red as he got full view of the great detailing of the doll.

The doll stopped walking and frowned "You really sho--"

"Stop talking!" The doll was immediately silent. Suho sighed, he hadn't meant to yell at the doll, but listening to it talk was still weird. He went to the box and found the owner's manual. It didn't tell him much more than the commercial, except that he had a bracelet that could read emotions. Suho turned to the doll and looked him over. Well he looked real and his cheek had been warm, just like a normal person. Wow, science is doing wonders these days. There had to be something that wasn't human about this doll. He slowly went over and put a hand to the doll's chest. No heartbeat. Suho gave a sigh of relief. He was still just a doll, a really life-like doll, but a doll nonetheless. Joonmyun removed his hand "What's your name?"

The doll looked at Suho and shrugged "I don't have one, I'm your doll. You can name me whatever you want."

"Fine," Suho remembered the model name "Lay. Since that's what the box says, your name is Lay."

Lay smiled brightly and he hugged Suho tight "Oh thank you so much!"

Joonmyun gently pushed Lay back "Sure. I'm Joonmyun or Suho, that's what everyone calls me."

"Okay Joonmyun-oppa."

Oppa? This doll did not just call him oppa. "No Lay, you're supposed to call me hyung. Suho-hyung."

"Oppa sounds cuter, doesn't it? I think Joonmyun-oppa is better." Lay looked at him with his bright brown eyes "Can't I call you oppa?"

Suho rolled his eyes "Fine, whatever. Anyway, we need to find you some clothes to put on." He took Lay's wrist and tugged him to his room. "Well there's the closet," he pointed "Pick out whatever you want." Lay nodded and went inside the closet.

Joonmyun was waiting when he heard a knock at the door. Of all the times for someone to be at my door. "Lay, I'll be right back," he called. He shut the bedroom door, he didn't need that doll getting out. Joonmyun walked to the front door and opened it. The last person he wanted to see at the moment was here. "Kris..."

 

A/N: Hi you guys! This is Life-Size, my JoonXing-centric fic. So this was inspired by the manga Absolute Boyfriend which I liked for the idea, not really the manga itself. Anyway, so Yixing is the doll and Joonmyun is the owner and Kris... wait what is Kris doing there? You'll find out later. So I hope you don't think Joonmyun is too out of character, I just couldn't have him be angelic, sweet Joonmyun about all of this. So yeah, please don't hate my Joonie. [Is it weird that I refer to them by their real names? I can't help it, they have nice names.] About the title picture, it's just supposed represent what both of them are feeling. No, Lay doesn't have blonde hair... yet. Meanwhile, I will update We Are One soon, but I have to think on it for a while. Taemin in Wonderland will be updated first though so get ready. Anyway, don't forget to commment and subscribe. I'm talking to you silent readers and people who haven't subscribed yet. Thanks and Saranghaeyo! Until next chapter!