Sick Day

Life-Sized

As usual, Joonmyun's alarm went off at six in the morning. Not that it mattered because he was already awake. He had a terrible headache and the rest of his body wasn't doing so great either. His throat felt terrible and he couldn't exactly breathe out of his nose. On top of that, he was so cold but he was hot too. As much as he hated to miss work, he would have to call in sick today. He would also have to call someone to help him out for the day. He called Kris who, when he picked up, didn't sound too thrilled "Hello?"

 

"I'm sorry," Joonmyun coughed "I'm sick and I'd really appreciate it if you came over."

 

"Oh," Kris yawned "Don't worry. I'll be over soon to make it all better."

 

The brunette gave a weak laugh "Thanks. I'll see you soon." He hung up and closed his eyes, now he could go back to sleep without worrying.

 

"Oppa," Joonmyun felt someone shaking him. He swatted at the hand and grumbled. "Oppa, wake up or you'll be late for work!"

 

Oh crap. He had completely forgotten. How could he have forgotten?! Joonmyun opened his eyes and saw Lay staring down at him. Great, what was he supposed to do about the doll? "Lay, I--" he broke into a fit of coughs.

 

The doll's eyes widened and he touched Joonmyun's head "Oppa, you're burning up." He shook his head "You can't go to work today, I won't let you."

 

Joonmyun looked at him and rolled his eyes "Listen to me. I am sick. So please, don't bother me today and be quiet, okay?"

 

Lay placed a hand on his chest "Okay. I'll take good care of you so you'll be all better."

 

Joonmyun opened his mouth to say something, but decided against. His head was already killing him and arguing with his doll would only make it worse. "Thank you," he threw an arm over his eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

 

"No problem!" Lay half-shouted before remembering Joonmyun's words and hearing his owner groan. "Sorry oppa," he whispered and kissed the other's forehead. He got out of bed and wondered what he should do today. He wanted to help his boyfriend get better so they could play together. He looked around and saw that their apartment was still messy. The clothes need to be washed, dishes need to be done, the trash needed to be taken out, lots of stuff. Well today, Lay was going to get all that done as a surprise for Joonmyun. His stomach gave a rumble. He'd start after breakfast.

 

Lay made some toast and got some orange juice to give to Joonmyun. A light breakfast would be good so that his boyfriend wouldn't vomit all over the bed. He put it on a tray and carried it to the bedroom "Oppa," Lay called "I have breakfast for you."

 

Joonmyun's eyes cracked open to see Lay standing next to him with a tray. He sat up slowly and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes "Is that for me?"

 

"Yep," Lay nodded as he put the tray on Joonmyun's lap "You have to eat so you'll get better."

 

Joonmyun raised an eyebrow before shrugging "Thanks. I'll eat it well." He wasn't used to being taken care of like this. Sure, his mother was like this, but that was years ago. He didn't realize how much he liked it. Even though it wasn't much, Joonmyun could tell that Lay had done it with him in mind.

 

Lay smiled as he watched Joonmyun until there was a knock on the door. "Who's that?"

 

Joonmyun's eyes widened when he heard the knock on the door. Kris! "I'll get it," Joonmyun tried to move, but stopped when Lay shook his head.

 

"Oppa, if you get up, you'll probably faint." As much as the brunette hated to admit it, Lay was right. Just moving too quickly made him feel lightheaded. "I got it," the doll said when the visitor knocked again. Joonmyun sunk into his bed. This was going to be bad.

 

Lay went to the door and opened it. Not liking what he saw, he immediately tried to close it, but was stopped by a hand. "What are you doing?! Let me in!" the visitor shouted.

 

"No!" the doll shouted back. "And be quiet. My oppa is sick and needs to rest."

 

"I'm here to take care of Suho! Now let me in!"

 

"Joonmyun has me to take care of him. Your services are no longer needed. Please leave now," Lay tried pushing the door closed. Unfortunately, the other guy was budging an inch.

 

Just when Joonmyun was feeling a little better, he had to hear the two of them screaming. His head was pounding and he couldn't deal with this. He slowly got out of bed, pulling the blankets with him, and walked to the door. He saw Kris trying to get in and Lay doing his best to keep the blonde out. "Stop shouting," Joonmyun pulled Lay back and opened the door for Kris.

 

"Oppa?"

 

"Suho?"

 

"I am tired. I have a headache and I really kinda just want to die right now. The last thing I need is you two yelling and making the pain worse. Lay, I called Kris here to help take care of me. He is staying until I say he's leaving, do you understand?"

 

The doll nodded and glared at the floor "Yes."

 

Joonmyun looked at Kris "I'm sorry. He can be a little too caring."

 

Kris smiled and put an arm around Suho's shoulder "It's fine. How about I help you back to bed?"

 

"I can help!" Lay spoke up. He pushed Kris away and tugged at Joonmyun's hand "Come on, let's get you back to bed."

 

"Lay, let go of me," Joonmyun tried to muster enough strength to pull away "I was fine with Kris' help."

 

Lay nodded and let go as Kris stepped up fo swing his arm over Joonmyun's shoulder again. The doll frowned as the two walked into his owner's bedroom. That buttwipe. Who does he think he is? Coming in here with his hands all on my oppa. I will end you!

 

"I thought you were sending him back to where he came from," Kris raised an eyebrow as he helped Suho back into bed "Why is he still here?"

 

"I didn't have a 'Return To Sender' stamp," the brunette joked.

 

The taller male blinked "Um...okay."

 

Suho coughed and mentally facepalmed himself for that stupid joke. He rubbed his neck awkwardly "Anyway, he's just staying for a little while longer than expected." He felt bad for lying to his best friend, but he certainly couldn't tell him the truth. He had bought a doll online because his friends thought he was lonely? No, he'd rather not feel that embarrassment.

 

"Oh okay. So are you two more than just friends?"

 

"No," Suho shook his head "He's nobody. I'm doing a favor for him because our parents were friends, that's it."

 

"Ah," Kris nodded "Well I guess that's cool then."

 

Suho smiled "Are you jealous?" He really hoped so. Maybe then Kris would confess how much he loved him and they would live happily ever after. That was the dream at least.

 

"I'm not jealous," Kris shook his head "I just don't want that guy super close to you. He might infect you with his crazy."

 

"Oh," the brunette looked away. He turned over and closed his eyes "I'm going back to sleep."

 

"Alright," Kris stood "Call me if you need anything." He left the room only to find Lay backing up quickly so as not to get hit by the door "What are you doing?"

 

"Just making sure you haven't contaminated my Joonmyun-oppa."

 

Kris rolled his eyes and shook his head "First off, he's not your anything. Second, it's 'hyung' not 'oppa'; learn your honorifics properly. And finally, if Suho likes either one of us, he definitely likes me."

 

"Well he shares a bed with me," Lay muttered, stopping Kris dead in his walk around the doll.

 

He whipped his head around "What did you just say?"

 

"Nothing," the brunette shrugged his shoulders and smirked. That'll show him.

 

Lay had begun his task of cleaning while Kris was sitting on the sofa. He glared at the back of the blonde's head hoping to burn a hole through him. Seriously, why did Joonmyun have to like such a douchebag? The doll really didn't understand. What did that guy have that Lay didn't? He sighed as he finished wiping down the counters. Next was the living room. He really didn't want to clean while that guy was here, but he had to. Joonmyun said Lay was best when he was doing something productive. The doll smiled at how proud his owner was going to be when he was done. He braced himself and went into the living room to do what he needed to do.

 

Kris watched Lay as he was cleaning the living room. Was he maid now? Maybe he was cleaning to get into Suho's good graces.

That made much more sense. Whatever, it didn't change the fact that he was the one that Suho liked. He ignored the other boy until said person turned off the tv "Yah! What're you doing?"

 

"I'm cleaning," Lay said simply as he sprayed a bit of Windex on the tv and began wiping it down.

 

"Can't you clean when I'm not watching tv?"

 

"My plan to clean was decided before you decided to watch tv." Lay turned and looked at the blonde "In other words, no."

 

Kris's eye twitched and he was more than ready to throw something at the other's head...so he did.

 

Lay whipped around when a pillow hit him square in the back of the head. "Did you just?"

 

"I did. What are you going to do about it?"

 

The brunette rolled his eyes "So immature."

 

Kris threw another pillow "Got a problem?"

 

Lay bit his lip. No, he was not going to let this guy get to him.

 

"What's this?" The blonde held up a plush that looked like a unicorn-pegasus hybrid. He recognized as one of the characters from that show his little sister watched all the time. "Let me guess: someone watches My Little Pony?"

 

Lay tensed and he turned to see Kris dangling Princess Celestia in the air. His eyes widened at the sight of his princess being held by that jerk "Put her down."

 

"Or what?" Kris smirked. He picked up a marker off of the coffee table "I wonder how she would look with a little makeover."

 

"Don't you dare," the doll glared. Kris popped the cap off of the marker and Lay was up like lightning. He hopped over the coffee to try and get his plush back from Kris who held it out of reach. "Give her back!"

 

"No!" Kris watched as Lay tried to reach with his short little arms.

 

"Give her back! She's mine!" Kris suddenly flipped them and Lay's back was against the sofa. The doll gasped before struggling to get away "Let me go!"

 

"Will you be quiet? I'll let you go and give you this stupid plush back if you do something for me," Kris stared down at him.

 

"What?"

 

"Tell me why you hate me so much."

 

Lay froze. He didn't hate Kris; he didn't hate anyone. He sighed "I don't hate you. If anything, I'm just jealous."

 

"I'm guessing this has something to do with Suho?"

 

The doll nodded "I don't understand why he likes you, but not me."

 

"Maybe it's because you act like you're obsessed with him?"

 

"I do not!" Kris gave him the why-are-you-denying-it-when-you-know-it's-true look. "Fine, but I thought that's what he expected of me. I just want him to know that I'm glad he's my boyfriend."

 

"That's another thing. Did Suho ever agree to be your boyfriend?" Kris shook his head "Your relationship is completely one-sided."

 

As much as the doll hated to admit it, blondie did have a point. "So what am I supposed to do?"

 

"Stop forcing yourself on him and treat him like a normal person. That would be a good place to start."

 

A normal person? But he wasn't human. He was programmed to act a certain way. How was he supposed to know how normal people acted. Lay looked away "I don't know if I can do that."

 

"You can an when you do, Suho will fall for you. Besides," Kris moved off of Lay and tossed him his plush "I don't want to break the guy's heart when he finds out I'm already seeing someone. You have to be there to cushion him."

 

Lay looked at him wide-eyed "You're seeing someone?!"

 

"Yeah," Kris nodded.

 

"So why do you act so flirty around Joonmyun."

 

The blonde shrugged "Because it made you mad."

 

The doll hit the taller boy's shoulder before laughing "Jerk." Kris smiled before he heard the door to Joonmyun's door opening. They looked over and saw the short male clad in blankets, nearly killing them both with how cute he looked.

 

"You two are so loud. I'm trying to sleep."

 

"Sorry," the two apologized in unison. Kris stood "Well, I have to get going."

 

Suho looked at him wearily "Do you have to?

 

"Yeah. I have some other things to," Kris winked at Lay "Besides, I think you're in pretty good hands anyway. Get well soon." He hugged Suho and patted his shoulder befire leaving.

 

Joonmyun watched him go before turning to Lay. He walked over to the doll and plopped down next to him. "So other than keeping me awake, what else have you done today?"

 

"I cleaned up a bit like you wanted," Lay smiled shyly. "But it didn't last that long because of me and Kris almost fighting. It was his fault for taking Princess Celestia."

 

Joonmyun blinked before shaking his head "I don't want to know." He closed his eyes and put his head in Lay's lap "I'm sorry about earlier. I really do appreciate your help Lay."

 

The doll smiled and ran a hand through the smaller male's hair. "It's what I'm here for," he petted Joonmyun's head "You should sleep oppa. I'll be quiet now."

Joonmyun hummed in reponse and felt his breathing slow. He liked the feeling of Lay's fingers in his hair. Something about it was so soothing. And even better, he knew Lay wasn't going anywhere. Yes, that was the best part. Joonmyun knew Lay would be there when he woke up.


A/N: Tada! Here's a new chapter! Yeah don't get between Yixing and Princess Celestia or Joonmyun; he will END you. I know I said I would add more 'story' but then I relaized that I like that this has no real plot. Just mini-adventures that are loosely connected. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. Joonmyun is warming up and Yixing is getting a wee bit closer to his heart. [Short Author's note]. Oh, @K0rinn3: I might just go through with that. Five comments and anything you guys would like to see happen. Thank you and Saranghaeyo! Until next chapter!

-씨에라