Freaky Friday

Life-Sized

“I broke a plate.”

 

“You did what now?” Joonmyun said as he picked up Jongin's plate. The younger boy had come over after his boyfriend had kicked him out. Apparently, for breaking a plate.

 

“I broke Kyungsoo’s favorite plate so he kicked me out.” Jongin crossed his arms over his chest “I don't get why it's that big of a deal. I told him I would buy him a new one.”

 

“I don't think that's the point Kyungsoo is trying to make. It's not just about replacing it. It was something that was important to him and you broke it. Then you offer to replace like it was some trivial thing,” Joonmyun said as he started washing the dishes. “How did you break it in the first place?”

 

“Me and Jongdae may or may not have been playing catch in the house.”

 

“Which I’m sure Kyungsoo has told you not to do on more than one occasion.”

 

“Thanks Suho,” Jongin rolled his eyes “I came here because I thought you would be on my side.”

 

“Unfortunately, you thought wrong,” Joonmyun shook his hands before drying them on a dishtowel. “I’m just saying you should go back home and give him a sincere apology and tell him you learned your lesson.”

 

“But it wasn't that big of a deal, right Lay?”

 

The doll had been sitting on the floor watching My Little Pony after dinner. He hadn't really been paying attention to the conversation. “Um what's not a big deal?”

 

“Me breaking a plate.”

 

“Oh that's no big deal as long as you replace it.”

 

“See?” Jongin gestured to Lay “He understands.”

 

“No he doesn't. You didn't explain the whole situation,” Joonmyun looked at Lay. “Lay, what if I accidentally burned Princess Celestia? Would you be okay if I just bought you a new one without apologizing?”

 

“No! You're supposed to say sorry and then buy me a new one.”

 

“Exactly,” Joonmyun smiled triumphantly. “It matters.”

 

“Fine,” Jongin sulked “Can I at least crash here until he cools down?”

 

“Yeah yeah,” Joonmyun stretched. “Come on Lay, time for bed. Jongin, you can sleep on the couch. Grab a blanket out of the hall closet. Good night.”

 

“Good night,” Jongin called as the couple went back to their room.

 

 

“You know,” Joonmyun said as he and Lay were changing into their pajamas “I’m really proud of you.”

 

“For what?” Lay was having a bit a of trouble pulling his shirt over his head.

 

Joonmyun laughed and went to help his boyfriend. “For being able to see things from Kyungsoo’s perspective instead of just siding with Jongin.”

 

“Perspective?” Lay tilted his head after it popped through the hole of his shirt.

 

“It just means you were able to see things from Kyungsoo’s point of view by switching places with him.”

 

Lay blinked, still obviously confused. “I didn't switch with Kyungsoo, I’m still here.”

 

Joonmyun smiled and shook his head “Nevermind. Just know that you did something good today.” He put a hand on Lay’s faced and kissed him “Time for bed.”

 

Lay smiled as he got into the bed. Joonmyun turned off the lights and crawled into bed next to him. “Joonie what if we switched places?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean like you became me and I became you.”

 

Lay snuggled close to his owner “Wouldn't that be fun?”

 

“It would be interesting.”

 

“I could be you and you could be me. And I could go to work and do all kinds of stuff. And you could stay here with Kyungsoo and Jongin and play games and have a day off.”

 

A day off, Joonmyun really liked the sound of that. It wasn't like he hadn't wished that he could be in Lay’s shoes but it wouldn't work. Lay couldn't last a day at his job and the redhead wasn't the type to just sit around and do nothing productive all day. “I think it's best we just stay the way we are.”

 

“Yeah,” Lay yawned and closed his eyes “But we should try it one day.”

 

Joonmyun smiled and kissed his, now sleeping, doll's forehead. “Maybe,” he chuckled before pulling Lay close and falling to sleep himself.


Yixing woke up early. He usually didn't wake up early but he had to meet the delivery guy today. Apparently Luhan had sent him something for his birthday, which had been a week ago, and he had to be up to receive it. He yawned as he sat up in bed and tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes. He had had a long night of waiting tables at the restaurant he was working and had been looking forward to sleeping in over the weekend. Then Luhan called about the package he was sending and Yixing had spent the whole night agonizing about that. Knowing Luhan, it was probably some annoying practical joke that was going to result in a very angry phone call. What kind of present required him to get up early to sign for it? He got up out of bed and went to take a shower. Maybe he would feel better after he was fully awake.

 

The delivery guy didn't come until about ten in the morning. Yixing looked up from flipping through channels when he heard the doorbell ring. He got up from the couch and went over to the door. The delivery guy stood there with an electronic pad in hand and a huge box behind him. Was that Luhan’s present to him? What could possibly be in there?

 

“Zhang Yixing?” the delivery guy asked.

 

The brunette was so stunned by the sheer size of the box that he didn't answer immediately.

 

“Are you Zhang Yixing?”

 

“Uh yes.”

 

“Sign here for me,” the delivery driver handed him the pad with the pen attached. “Where do you want this?”

 

“Uh in the living room,” Yixing pointed. He still couldn't believe that Luhan had sent him something so huge. Maybe his best friend wasn't so bad after all. He signed for the package and the delivery guy wheeled the package inside and dropped it in the middle of the living room. Yixing followed behind him and handed him the pad after he was done. “Thank you.”

 

“No problem. Have a nice day,” the delivery guy took the pad and left.

 

Yixing stared at the large box for a moment, wondering if he should open it. He didn't really want to deal with Luhan’s pranks, but he was curious to see what was inside. Then he noticed an envelope on the box that had a pink logo on the front: Areumdawo Dolls Company. Yixing wondered if he had heard of them before. It didn't sound familiar. He tore open the envelope and pulled out the card inside. It read: I saw a commercial for this and thought of you. You’ve seemed a bit lonely lately. Hope you like it. Your best friend, Luhan.

 

Yixing looked back at the box then reread the note. Did Luhan really send him a giant doll for his birthday? He sighed and tossed the card to the floor. Just one more joke. Thanks Lulu. Why had he had the slightest hope that it would be something actually good? He sighed again and decided to open the box anyway. He might as well look at the thing. He opened the box and saw a life-size doll staring back at him. The doll looked like an actual person. Knowing Luhan, it probably was a real person. Yixing touched the doll’s face. It didn't move. It didn't even flinch. He pressed a hand to the doll’s chest. No heartbeat. Maybe it wasn't real. The doll company did really well on the details. The doll was a little shorter than Yixing and had deep red hair. He had dark brown eyes and thin pink lips. He's really kind of cute. Yixing felt weird thinking that about a doll, but it was true. Out of the box also fell a little booklet. Yixing bent down to pick it up and read the front of it:

 

Areumdawo Dolls Company: Boyfriend Collection

Model: SUHO

Instruction Manual

Yixing was surprised that the doll came with a manual. Why did it a doll need a manual? He shrugged his shoulders and flipped to the first page and read “Thank you for purchasing our doll...blah blah blah...First to activate your boyfriend...ACTIVATE?!” What kind of doll needed to be activated?! He looked back at the doll and stared. This had to be one of the most elaborate pranks Luhan had ever pulled. He pulled out his phone and searched the name of the doll company. He looked at the website and it seemed legitimate. They really did make life-sized companion dolls. He slid his phone back into his pocket and went to read the instructions again. “To activate, simply kiss your boyfriend on the lips. Then live happily ever after.” Yixing looked up at the doll wondering what would happen if he really kissed the doll. He wondered if it would snap a picture and then send it to Luhan who would upload to Instagram or something just to embarrass him. That seemed pretty likely, but sounded too mean even for Luhan. He sighed and put the manual on the coffee table before going to stand in front of the doll. “Well here goes nothing,” Yixing let his eyes fall close as he slowly leaned in and gently pressed his lips against the doll’s. The doll's lips actually felt really warm contrary to the fact that he looked like he was made from porcelain.

 

The doll's eyes lit up and glowed. His synthesizer activated and his personality began to adjust. It gathered all it's information from Yixing's kiss. It was completely creating the doll's mind and personality to perfection. The doll looked at the person kissing him and pushed him away “Get off of me!”

 

Yixing stumbled back. The doll just pushed him. The DOLL--nonliving, soulless DOLL--had just pushed him back. Not to mention it was TALKING! The brunette backed away slowly. If he could get to the wall, he could hit it over the head with his bat. “Who are you? Did Luhan send you to try and prank me?! It's not funny!”

 

“Not funny?” The doll put his hands on his hips “You know what's not funny? Some strange man kissing me!”

 

“Well the box said kis--” Kiss to activate. The doll had really come to life just from Yixing kissing it.

 

“Anyway, I’m your Areumdawo Boyfriend made especially for you blah blah blah,” the doll rolled his eyes.

 

Yixing continued making his way over to the bat. This had to be a joke. There was no way a doll could really just come to life like that.

 

“Look, can you get me some clothes or something? I feel really uncomfortable just standing here ,” the doll spoke again.

 

“Please stop talking.” Yixing was really starting to get freaked out. “How are you even talking anyway?”

 

“I don't know,” the doll crossed his arms. “Look, can you just dress me and not try to beat me over the head with a bat.”

 

Yixing froze before he could grab the bat. He dropped his hand and put it in his pocket to pull out his phone. “Just stay there and don't move. Don't speak either.” The doll pouted but reluctantly did as he was told. Yixing dialed Luhan's number.

 

“Do you like the gift I sent you?” came Luhan's voice as soon as the line picked up.

 

“What kind of sick joke are you playing on me Luhan?”

 

“Well I thought it was a good gift. After your break up with Leo last year, I thought this would cheer you up.”

 

“You thought buying me a creepy robot would cheer me up?!” Yixing really wondered why Luhan was his best friend.

 

“I AM NOT CREEPY!” The doll looked more angry than before.

 

“What was that?” Luhan asked.

 

“That Luhan is the doll you bought me for my birthday.”

 

“Wait! You mean it really came to life?!” Luhan actually sounded genuinely surprised. “I have to see this. Oh and I’m bringing Sehun and Xiumin!”

 

“Wait! No! Don't bring Se-” The line went dead. Great. Not only was Yixing stuck with this doll, Luhan was bringing his crush over too. He looked over at the doll “We need to get you dressed.”

 

“No kidding.”

 

Geez, this doll is sassy.


Joonmyun was surprised that he didn't feel as drowsy as usual when he woke up. In fact, he felt really energetic almost like Lay was in the morning. He sat up in the bed and ran a hand through his hair. It felt different than usual. It was still soft, but it felt a little drier than usual like it was synthetic. Maybe I should wash it, he thought as he swung his legs over the bed and stood. He shivered. He didn't remember going to bed in shorts especially not this time of year. Usually it was too cold for that. Lay had a tendency to wear shorts to bed no matter what since he was hot all the time. He scratched his head at the thought but dismissed it as careless thinking on his part. He looked over and saw the doll with his head ducked under the covers. Joonmyun pulled the covers back and saw a head of red hair. Lay’s hair isn't red, he stared for a moment. He blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't seeing things but there was someone with red hair lying in his bed instead of his doll. The person rolled over and that red hair was suddenly really familiar. Joonmyun screamed.

 

Joonmyun was looking at himself. But how was that possible? He was himself. He couldn't look at himself without a mirror and be himself at the same time. But he was sure that the person sleeping in front of him was him. Joonmyun rubbed his temples; now he was just confusing himself. He had to be hallucinating. He ran to the bathroom to splash water on his face. That would wake him up for sure. Then he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He looked up and just stared. He didn't look like himself anymore; he looked like Lay. Joonmyun touched his face, taking in his features. This could not be real. There's no way this is real. Not unless--Joonmyun looked under his shirt at his chest and saw a small scar. The scar from when Lay had gotten fixed. He screamed again.

 

Lay groaned when he heard Joonmyun scream again. He wasn't sure what was wrong with his boyfriend, but it had to be something important to make him scream twice. He slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes “Joonie, why are you yelling?” Lay blinked. His voice sounded kind of weird. He hoped he wasn't catching a cold or something. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood. He looked down at his clothes. He didn't remember going to bed in Joonmyun’s pajamas. He certainly wouldn't have chosen these weird golf man print pajamas either. Something wasn't right. Lay’s fears were confirmed when Joonmyun came running out of the bathroom. Except it wasn't Joonmyun coming from the bathroom, it was himself or someone who looked like him. “Lay we have a problem.”

 

“Yeah we do,” Lay took a few steps back “Who are you and what have you done with Joonie?!”

 

“Lay, it's me. I am Joonmyun.”

 

“No you're not! You're just a really bad impostor that looks like me.”

 

“Lay, it's really me.” Joonmyun forcefully pulled Lay into the bathroom and turned him to face the mirror.

 

Lay couldn't believe what he was seeing in the mirror: he looked just like Joonmyun. He touched his face and then the mirror trying to understand what was going on. “What is going on?! Why do I look like you and you look like me?!” Had someone switched their faces in the middle of the night? How could something like this have happened without them knowing? The doll looked at Joonmyun and pouted “What happened?”

Joonmyun didn't know what to say. There wasn't any logical way to explain that they had switched bodies, but the doll was expecting an answer. He decided to just be honest. “I don't know Lay,” he put his hand on his own shoulder. He never realized the slight height difference between them until now. “We’ll figure something out. So don't worry.”

 

“Joonie why are you so calm?”

 

“Well one of us has to be. Besides, I saw this in a movie one time. The two people just pretended to be each other for a day and then they switched back to normal.” That had been a movie though and Joonmyun wasn't sure how it would play out in real life.

 

Lay tugged at the collar of his shirt as he entered the building that Joonmyun had dropped him off at. He was going to work for Joonmyun today and it wasn't exciting as he thought it was going to be. He had to wear stiff and stuffy clothing and he carry Joonmyun’s stuff to do a presentation today. He didn't remember what the presentation was about, but Joonie had given him note cards to read off of. That and Lay had a partner he was going to work with; his name was Chan-something, Lay couldn't remember.

 

Lay looked around the entryway to the building. Which way did Joonmyun say to go? What floor is his office on? He wasn't sure, but he saw someone who might know. He walked over to the secretary's desk and the girl looked up at him with a smile.

 

“Hey Suho,” the girl--her name was Jinri, according to her nametag--said cheerfully “You usually don't cut it so close to being late; you’re usually early.”

 

“Uh hi,” Lay leaned on the desk “I uh woke up late.”

 

“Well it happens to the best of us. Although, knowing you, you probably needed to sleep in more than anyone.”

 

“Uh yeah. Um, I don't know where my office is. Do you know?”

 

Jinri stared at him for a moment “You’re kidding, right?”

 

“Well,” Lay tried to think of a normal excuse for why he didn't remember. Then he remembered that Joonmyun said that people sometimes forget when they've had a lot of alcohol. “Um, I was drinking a lot so I forgot.”

 

“Wow Suho. I never took you as the type to drink right before a big presentation. I guess we all have ways of coping. Anyway, ninth floor. Your office is 904, connected to Chanyeol’s.”

 

“Thank you so much!” Lay smiled and headed to the elevator.

 

“Don't forget to sign in!” Jinri called after him but he was already out of earshot. Wow, he really must have been drinking heavily last night, Jinri shook her head and signed him in herself.


“Why is everything in your closet some bright or pastel color?” the doll sat on the bed after he was dressed in Yixing's clothes. They didn't fit him very well, but there wasn’t much they could do on such short notice. He didn't like his owner’s clothes but settled for a lavender sweater and white skinny jeans.

 

“I like bright colors and pastels.” This doll was supposed to be his dream boyfriend? He certainly didn't act like it. Yixing didn't feel like this was a dream, more like a nightmare. Criticizing certainly was not what he considered good boyfriend material. “Look my friends are on their way over here, could you at least pretend to be nice or something?”

 

“Or something? What is that supposed to mean?”

 

“I don't know. Aren't you supposed to be dreamy and nice?”

 

“My personality is adjusted through my owner’s preferences from when we first kiss. If you don't like it, blame yourself.”

 

Why am I even having this conversation? The doorbell rang and his question was answered. Stupid Lulu and his stupid present. Yixing made his way to the door and opened it for Luhan, Xiumin and Sehun. Xiumin was Luhan's boyfriend of four years and Sehun was Luhan's younger brother that Yixing had a crush on. He was tall, blonde and a face that was perfectly sculpted by the heavens.

 

“So where's the doll?” Luhan snapped Yixing out of his reverie as he made his way inside. “I’ve got to see if this thing really talks.”

 

“I am so sorry Xing,” Xiumin followed behind Luhan “I told him not to buy that thing.” Xiumin was usually Luhan's voice of reason when he was going to do something stupid, but apparently Lulu decided not to listen.

 

Sehun came in last. He smiled at Yixing “Hey, my brother dragged me along.”

 

The shorter boy blushed as he closed the door behind Sehun “It's fine. I don't mind.” Not at all. He just wished the circumstances were different.

 

“Ugh can you stop drooling over my brother? I want to see the doll.” Luhan was excited to see if the doll had really come to life.

 

Yixing turned cherry red and looked at his best friend “Seriously, if it wasn't illegal, I would kill you. Why would you buy me that thing?”

 

“Will you stop calling me a thing?!” the doll came out of the room and stared at the people who had come into the apartment “I’m assuming these people are the friends you mentioned earlier.”

 

“Yeah,” Yixing sighed. “This is Luhan, Xiumin and Sehun.”

 

The three boys just stared at the doll in awe. It really was alive and talking to them like a normal person. Luhan had thought it was just an advertising ploy by the doll company, but it was real. The doll was so life-like and easily mistaken for a normal person if one didn't know better.

 

“Your friends don't talk. Weird,” the doll crossed his arms.

 

“How are you talking and operating?” Luhan disregarded the doll's comment.

 

“Maybe he has a chip or something,” Xiumin suggested.

 

Sehun looked the doll up and down and took a step forward to get a closer look “Or maybe like some weird artificial intelligence type thing.”

 

“What in the world are you talking about?” So far, the doll was not impressed by his owner’s choice of friends. He swatted at the hands trying to touch him and ducked behind Yixing “Get away you erts!”

 

“Guys, leave him alone.” Yixing ran a hand through his hair “Look the instruction manual is over there. It doesn't say much but it's better than you guys trying to touch him.”

 

Luhan went over and plopped down on the sofa as he picked up the manual. “You're already so defensive of him. How romantic, Xing.”

 

“It's not like that. It's more for your safety than anything. I’m afraid he might bite.”

 

“Trust me, I don't want to bite any of you.”

 

Xiumin chuckled at the doll's sass. He liked that the doll wasn't putting up with Luhan the way most people did. “So what's your name?”

“I don't know,” the doll shrugged his shoulders. “This guy didn't give me one yet.”

 

“You didn't name him?” Sehun asked “That's kind of mean.”

 

“Well, I hadn't exactly planned on keeping him. Luhan, you need to return him to wherever he came from.”

 

“Well, I can't really do that.” Luhan put the manual down and looked back at Yixing “He was on sale. So if I return him, I'll only get a store credit that I won't use.”

 

“Then take him home. He just can't be here!”

 

Xiumin looked between Luhan, Yixing and the doll. For all his sass, the doll looked kind of sad when Yixing told Luhan to take him away. “Maybe we should go out while you talk this over,” he offered his hand to the doll, who gladly took it. “Come on Sehun, let's go get bubble tea.”

 

Sehun nodded and followed behind Xiumin and the doll, leaving Luhan and Yixing in the apartment.

 

“Why are you so upset about the doll? I thought you would like him.”

 

“He’s creepy and he's definitely not what they advertised on the website.”

 

“Xing, you’ve seemed so lonely for the past few months, I thought the doll would give you a boyfriend or at least someone to hang out with when there was no one else around.”

 

So it hadn't been a prank? Lulu was genuinely worried about his well-being. Yixing went to sit next to his friend “Lu, you didn't have to do that.

 

Besides, I already like someone. I was just waiting for the right moment.”

 

Luhan sighed “There isn't going to be a right moment.”

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

 

“There isn't going to be a right moment for you to tell Sehun you like him.” Luhan took one of Yixing's hands in both of his own “I was hoping you would like the doll so much that I wouldn't have to tell you this, but you should know. Sehun has started seeing someone. His name is Jongin and I met him last week. I don't think Sehun is breaking up with him any time soon.”

 

Yixing blinked. He didn't want to believe what Luhan was saying. First he loses a boyfriend then loses his crush because he took too long to say how he felt. He stared down at Luhan holding his hands and tried to take deep breaths.

 

“I’m sorry Yixing. I didn't want to tell you like this.”


“So what are we going to do with all this stuff?” Joonmyun asked as he followed Kyungsoo back into his house.

 

“Lay, I told you that we were going to make cupcakes. I thought you would remember that since you like baking so much.” Kyungsoo had been asked to make cupcakes for a little girl’s party and he needed an assistant. Jongin couldn't bake to save his life and Lay was much more enthusiastic about baking; Jongin only wanted to eat the finished product. “Are you feeling okay?” he asked as he put the grocery bags on the kitchen table.

 

“Yeah,” Joonmyun tried to say as cheerfully as possible. “I just haven't been feeling like myself lately.” Literally.

 

“Do you wanna talk about it?”

 

“No, no. I'm fine.” Joonmyun started to unpack the groceries from the bags. He wondered how Lay could always be so cheerful. Even when things weren't going his way, he hardly ever so much as batted an eyelash.

 

“Well if there's anything you want to talk about, we can,” Kyungsoo smiled as he went to go get all the cooking utensils they would need from the cabinets “So did you talk to Joonmyun?”

 

“About what?”

 

Kyungsoo set the supplies on the counter before turning to look at Lay questioningly “About how you’re gonna celebrate your hundred days of being together? We talked about this.”

 

“Oh yeah,” Joonmyun didn't know what to say. He didn't realize he had even had Lay for a hundred days already. How did Lay remember that? How did he even know that it was important? He's a robot that wants to be human, duh. Regardless, he hadn't talked to Joonmyun about it. He wondered why the doll never brought it up.

 

“Oh yeah like you talked to him or oh yeah like you just remembered that you need to talk to him?” Kyungsoo pulled his apron on before handing one to Lay. “I know you're worried he might not be interested but it could be worth a shot.”

 

Is that what he's worried about, Joonmyun thought. Well he did have good reason to be. Joonmyun hadn't been interested in those things before, but things were different with Lay. He actually liked Lay a lot and wouldn't mind celebrating being together for so long. “I’ll talk to him about it tonight.” He smiled “Thanks Kyungsoo, you’re always so helpful.”

 

 

Did Lay just call me by my full name? Kyungsoo shook his head ignored it. It was weird, but it was probably just him feeling the moment. “Alright let's bake these cupcakes!”

 

Lay liked Chanyeol. He was fun and energetic and he always had good advice about relationships. Lay had even written down some things so he would remember everything the giant said. He was glad that they got to do their presentation together. There were things Lay forgot to say, but Chanyeol always backed him up so he didn't have to worry. “Channie, you’re a really nice guy,” he said as they were walking to the break room to eat lunch.

 

“Channie? Since when do you call me that?” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders “Not that I mind, I’ve been waiting forever for you to give me a nickname.”

 

“Forever? How long have we been friends again?”

 

“Uh, I think about five years or so.” The taller man laughed “You’re the one that's supposed to remember these thing Suho.”

 

“Right,” Lay smiled as they entered the break room and sat down at one of the tables. He pulled out a sandwich that he had made. He didn't have time to make a lunchbox like he usually did for Joonmyun.

 

“That's all you got today?” Chanyeol asked as he pulled out his own lunch “What happened to the boyfriend you had that always packs you good stuff? Did you two break up already? I was so excited to meet him.”

 

“Uh we didn't break up. He just didn't have time to do it today.” Lay took a bite of his sandwich “Does he really pack good stuff?” Lay always made lunch for Joonmyun, but he was never sure if his boyfriend was actually eating it.

 

“I mean you rave about it all the time. Then when I try to taste it, you always slap my hands away, which is totally unfair by the way. You seem like you really like this guy and his cooking.” Chanyeol tilted his head “Are you okay Suho?”

 

“Huh? Yeah, I'm just happy.” Lay was glad that Joonmyun like his lunches so much that he wouldn't even share.

 

“Yeah, being happy is great when you're in love.”

 

In love? Was Joonmyun really in love with him? Lay had never thought about that. He knew his boyfriend liked him and they got along, but love was whole other story. Lay definitely loved Joonmyun, but he couldn't help that. Joonmyun wasn't wired to love Lay, so the doll could never really tell how his boyfriend felt unless he said it. Maybe he should ask when he got home. If Chanyeol was right, he would definitely get answer that would make him happy.


Yixing stayed cheerful for the duration of time that his friends were at his apartment. Or as cheerful as he could've been given the news that his crush was dating someone else. He did his best to look like nothing was bothering him. He even tried his best to interact with his new doll, who his friends had taken a liking to. Yixing had to admit though, he was happy when everyone was gone. He couldn't look Sehun in the face anymore and any longer, Xiumin might have caught on to something being wrong with him. The brunette stretched on the couch and stared up at the ceiling. Why hadn't he confessed earlier? Then he wouldn't have had this problem. He closed his eyes and sighed again. Nothing I can do about it now.

 

“What's wrong with you?”

 

Yixing opened his eyes and saw his doll standing over him “Nothing, I’m just tired.”

 

“Wrong! Try again.”

 

“What? How can you tell me how I'm feeling?”

 

“Because I’m made that way dummy,” the doll crossed his arms over his chest. “My bracelet tells me how you're feeling. Currently, it's telling me that you're upset about something. So tell me.”

 

Yixing sat up and gestured for the doll to sit next to him “I found out that my crush is dating someone else because I took too long to tell him how I felt.”

 

“Oh,” the doll looked at the floor. Unless he was mistaken, the brunette thought the doll actually looked kind of sad. “It was that tall blonde guy, wasn't it? He was the one you liked.”

 

“Yeah. How did you know?”

 

The doll chuckled “It was super obvious.”

 

“It must have been especially if you were able to figure it out after not even knowing either of us that long.”

 

There was a moment of silence. Not awkward, just comfortable quiet.

 

“What's my name?” the doll spoke up.

 

“Don't you know your own name?”

 

“I’m a doll. I don't have a name unless you give me one.”

 

“Oh, uh,” Yixing thought for a moment. He hadn't really been thinking about giving the doll a name. Then he remembered the name on the side of the box “Suho. That's your name. It's kind of cool because it means guardian.”

 

“Suho…” the doll said it to just to test it out, to hear how it sounded. “I like it.”

 

“Good.”

 

“Listen, forget about that guy.” The redhead took Yixing's face in his hands “I’m your boyfriend now.”

 

“What? You can't decide something like that all on your own!”

 

“Sure I can. Besides,” Suho smiled “you decided it when you activated me.”

 

The doll did have a point. Yixing had known what Suho was after he searched the doll company. He could have easily just decided to put Suho back in the box instead of activating him. Maybe he could give the doll a chance. It wasn't like he had anyone else coming for him any time soon. “Fine, we can try this. Now will you please let go of my face?”

 

“Yay!” Suho cheered as he moved his hands away. He kissed Yixing on the cheek “Don't worry, I’m the perfect boyfriend.”

 

And the cheekiness returns, Yixing thought as he stood. “Yeah yeah. Anyway, let's got to bed. It's been a long day.”


4:17am. Joonmyun jolted awake. He sat up, looking at his hands and his pajamas then feeling his face. I’m me, he gave sigh of relief as he ran a hand through his hair. That was a weird dream.

 

“Joonie?” Joonmyun looked down and saw a sleepy Lay staring up at him. “Are you okay? Did you have a bad dream?”

 

“I’m fine. I had a weird dream, not a bad one.” He lay back down and put an arm around the doll “Don't worry.”

 

“Okay,” the brunette snuggled close to his boyfriend and closed eyes again.

 

“I love you Lay,” Joonmyun closed his eyes and kissed his love’s forehead.

“I love you too.”


A/N: 5700+ words! You're welcome. But seriously, I hope you liked this chapter because I had a lot of fun writing it. And just in case I didn't write it well, yes it was all just a dream. Thanks for reading! Until next chapter, comment, subscribe, etc.

-씨에라