Meet the Friends

Life-Sized

Joonmyun rolled over in his bed; it was kinda funny. With Lay in bed, he thought there would be less space. Unless... He patted the area where the doll was supposed to be and felt nothing but empty sheets. He bolted upright in his bed and looked around frantically for Lay. The doll was nowhere in sight and Joonmyun prayed that he didn't make it outside. He ran out of the room to see smoke coming from the kitchen. "Oh holy Shisus no!" He went to the kitchen and found Lay blowing and fanning a pan of burned, well Joonmyun wasn't entirely sure as to what it was. He took a breath and decided to just be happy his whole apartment wasn't on fire. He rubbed his temple "Lay would you mind explaining to happened here?"

The doll jumped and turned around slowly to look at his owner. He really wished Joonmyun was still asleep right now. "Um," he played with his fingers "well..."

 

*One hour earlier*

Lay woke up and stretched, he had slept well last night. But now it was time to put his plan into action. He looked down to see if his oppa was still sleeping, luckily he was. Lay wanted this to be a surprise. He kissed Joonmyun on the cheek and got up from bed. He got dressed in some of Joonmyun's uglier clothes and went out to the kitchen; he was going to make breakfast. Lay went through the cabinets and found muffin mix that he  could serve with the fruit in the refrigerator. He made the muffin batter according to the box then put them in the oven. Fifteen minutes shouldn't be too long, he thought as he got the cutting board and a knife to cut the fruit. He got melons, apples and bananas.

Lay finished his cutting before realizing the muffins still weren't done. He put the fruit in a bowl and decided to watch tv. Then of course My Little Pony comes on and Lay gets utterly enchanted by the unicorns that he'd never seen before. That causing him to forget about the muffins until he smelled smoke and had to run into the kitchen to save them.

 

*Present*

Joonmyun couldn't believe what he was hearing. His doll, who was supposed to be a boy, got entranced by unicorns? He took a breath "Unicorns? Lay, they're not even--" He stopped when he saw the look in Lay's brown eyes, it was a look that just screamed innocence. Suho didn't have the heart to tell him that unicorns weren't real. He shook his head "Why did you do all this anyway?

Lay smiled brightly "I want to be like the big blonde guy. I want you turn pink when you see me too."

Suho's jaw dropped. So all this was just because Lay wanted him to like him? No one has ever done, or attempted to, anything like this for him. He felt a smile spread across his face. How could it not? Lay had tried so hard just for him.

"Oppa, are you okay?" the doll waved his hand in front of Joonmyun's face.

He nodded "Yeah, let's get this cleaned up. I'll just buy us breakfast okay?"

"Okay." Lay dumped the burnt muffins and went to was the pan.

"Lay?"

"Hm?"

"Thanks, I appreciate it." Lay looked up from washing and looked at Joonmyun in surprise. He ran over to him and hugged him tight until the other could barely breathe. Joonmyun awkwardly patted him on the back. Then he noticed that the water was overflowing in the sink "Lay! The sink!" The doll turned and ran to turn the water off. Suho shook his head and smiled a little "We have to work on that memory of yours."

 

Lay and Joonmyun cleaned up and had gotten dressed with Lay on the living room floor fascinated by the tv. Lay was such a kid, but Suho was finding him kind of cute. His heart fluttered a little bit at the thought. There was one thing at the back of his mind: he didn't know who would watch Lay when he had to work. He was not going to leave him alone; he didn't want his apartment to burn to the ground. As the thought played in his head, there was a knock at the door. Joonmyun went to it and peeked out to see Kyungsoo, Jongin and Jongdae. He internally debated on whether or not he should open the door. On one hand, he would love it if Kyungsoo would take care of Lay but on the other hand, he wouldn't even have Lay if those idiots hadn't dared him. He reluctantly opened the door, instantly being tackled by Jongin and Jongdae "Will you two get off of me?" Both boys released him and smiled.

"So Joonmyun, where's the doll?" Jongin asked.

"He probably already sent him back after the hot kiss," Chen laughed. Kyungsoo looked at him with apologetic eyes.

"He's in the living room," Suho led them to Lay who was flipping through channels trying to find out where the unicorns had gone.

"Whoa, stop joking. That's not really him," Chen stared in disbelief for a moment. "Are you serious?"

"He looks so life-like," Kyungsoo looked at Suho "Is that really a doll?"

"Yeah," Suho nodded. "Lay, come over for a second." The doll dropped the remote and looked at Joonmyun and his friends. Who were they? They must be the friends his oppa was talking about. Lay stood up to dust himself off and walked over to them "Hi."

The four boys' eyes widened when they heard the doll speak. "You can talk?!" Chen asked while Jongin searched for type of sound box on Lay.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the two younger boys "Of course he can you idiots." He stepped up and held out his hand "I'm Kyungsoo, what's your name?"

"Suho-oppa said it was Lay."

This caused Chen and Kai to burst into laughter while Kyungsoo both turned red. Suho facepalmed "I swear I never asked him to call me that."

"Yeah, but those dolls go off your personal preferences," Kyungsoo spoke up. "That means you wanted him to call you 'oppa', you just didn't have to tell him to."

Joonmyun shook his head quickly "No, I told him to call me 'hyung' but he said 'oppa' was cuter and gave me puppy dog eyes."

"Joonmyun-hyung has es, huh?" Jongin nudged him with a wink.

"Don't make fun of my oppa," Lay shook his head and hugged Joonmyun around the neck protectively. "You're mean!"

Kai stared at the doll in shock while Chen slung an arm around his shoulders "Well I think he's spot-on with that one."

"Me too," Kyungsoo agreed.

Joonmyun, for one, was not amused he pulled Lay's arms from around him "Lay, it was a joke. Stop overreacting to every little thing; you act like we're together." He took a breath "Anyway, I need to get to work. Kyungsoo can you watch him, while I'm gone?"

The wide-eyed boy nodded "Sure." He hugged Lay who was frowning a bit "I'll make you some good food and these two," he gestured to Chen and Kai "will keep you company, okay?" Lay simply nodded, going with Chen and Kai just to get away from his owner.

"I'll be back later," Suho gathered his things and headed to the door.

"You should really be nicer to him," Kyungsoo gave Suho a disapproving look. "You act like he's emotionless."

"He's a doll, he IS emotionless." With that, Suho left the apartment.

 

 

Lay had more fun with Kai and Chen than he expected. They were much nicer than he thought, especially Kai. He wound up apologizing for calling the other boy mean. If anyone had been mean to him, it was Joonmyun. Lay didn't know why he'd gotten yelled at when he was just trying to save his boyfriend's image. Well not his boyfriend, since Joonmyun had made it clear that they weren't together. Lay sighed wondering why his owner was resisting him so much. He was still thinking about it when Kyungsoo came and tapped him on the shoulder "Are you okay?"

"Am I a bad person?" Lay looked up at him.

"No, why would you think that?"

"So why doesn't Joonmyun-oppa like me? He likes that blonde giant but he won't even look at me." Lay pointed to himself "I was custom-made for him; I'm perfect."

Big blonde giant? Kyungsoo smiled when he realized that the doll must be talking about Kris. As funny as it is, he really doesn't see that relationship going anywhere. From what the small boy could see, Lay was a much better fit for Suho. "Lay, Joonmyun isn't a huge romantic so you have to gradually get him to like you. He really likes cute things and he likes to protect people; he doesn't like being protected." Suho hadn't really been angry at Lay earlier, it was just against his taste to be protected by others. "Lastly, don't try to force him to like you, he'll come around eventually. After all, you are a custom-made doll just for him."

Lay smiled and nodded "Alright, I'll do exactly what you say." He would try to remember all the things Kyungsoo had said. He really hoped the other was right. "Um, Kyungsoo, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Do you like him too?"

Kyungsoo chuckled and shook his head "No. He's just my best friend. We've known each other since we were kids. Besides, I was made for Jongin, he's my boyfriend." Lay looked over at the other two boys who had fallen asleep on the floor, he pointed to Kai and looked at Kyungsoo who simply nodded.

Lay made a little "o" with his mouth. "Anyway, things will work out with Suho, so don't worry." The doll smiled, hoping that the other boy was right.

 

 

Suho came home to a note on the front of his door:

Had to get the two idiots home. Lay is asleep and everything went well.

-Kyungsoo

P.S. Try to be nicer to him.

Suho took the note down and walked inside. He took off his shoes, dropping his bag to the floor in the process. He went to the living room and saw Lay on the floor sleeping soundly. Joonmyun sat down next to him and ran his fingers through the doll's hair "I'm sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have yelled at you when you stood up for me. You really don't have to do that though. Thank you though, I appreciate that you were thinking about my feelings. I guess I should've been thinking about yours too." He twirled a lock around his fingers "I guess I shouldn't have said you were just a doll. You are, but you have feelings too, apparently. I--" Suho stopped when Lay's eyes flickered open.

"Joonmyun-ah, you're home."

"Yeah, I didn't mean to wake you. How about I carry you to bed so you don't catch a cold out here?" Suho picked the doll up and carried him to the bedroom. He placed Lay in the bed and covered him with a blanket. As soon as his head touched the pillow, Lay went back to sleep. Suho smiled at how cute the boy looked, especially with his mouth slightly open and little snores coming out. He kissed Lay's forehead before going to change his clothes.

When he came back, Lay had rolled over a bit and stretched out. Suho smiled and crawled into bed next to him. He put his arms around the doll's waist and pulled him closer. "Good night Lay."

"Good night Joonmyun-ah."


A/N: So I know I said I would update after I got five comments....I got distracted. Feel free to throw rocks at me. Though in my defense, I did update We Are One and I've decided to put Taemin In Wonderland on hold until further notice. Anyway, so half this chapter is fluff and the other half is Yixing and Joonmyun getting closer even though Joonie still thinks of Yixing as just a doll. So how about the appearances of Kyungsoo, Chen and Kai. I wanted to give Kyungsoo a bit more screentime because, even though he wasn't my first choice, he seemed to fit the scene better than the other members. I apologize if things are moving fairly slow, believe me, I'm not planning for my story to be boring. In fact, I'm hoping it picks up next chapter. Anyway, FIVE comments is all I ask and those who commented on last chapter, I love you forever! And my upvoter, I can't even begin to explain the happiness I felt from that; thank you very much. Well that's all. Don't forget to comment and subscribe. Until next chapter Thank You and Saranghaeyo.