Hongbin (VIXX) - Lovely Coffee Shop

Cait's Oneshots~ [Takes Requests!]

Lovely Coffee Shop

It was a peaceful summer afternoon when you found yourself wandering the streets of Seoul. It was surprisingly quiet, the usual bustling of city life reduced to the twittering of birds and rustling of leaves. It’s not as if you were complaining, a little peace and quiet does wonders for the mind. It was a Saturday; you were free from work and were looking forward to a bit of relaxation and what better way to relax than to go get some coffee. In fact, your favourite coffee shop was just a little further down the street you were walking on.

You walked up to the quaint little coffee shop you know and love, with it’s homely cottage-like appearance, and stepped inside. The tiny bell that hung upon the doorway rang with its familiar tinkling and you saw the shopkeeper wave to greet you. You were in here almost every day and so she recognized you instantly as she never failed to do, she was a sweet lady. The coffee shop was just about empty, apart from just one man who the shopkeeper was serving before your arrival.

It was strange; even though you could only see the man’s back, he looked somewhat familiar. He had a thin build and broad shoulders, fluffy light brown hair atop his head. While you racked your brain trying to figure out who he looked like, you weren’t paying attention as you stepped forward when Miss Lee called you and as a result slipped.

Right onto the man who was holding his newly made coffee.

You let out a small shriek as you knocked into him, a small yelp escaping him as he tried to save his coffee. Unfortunately, a splash did land on your arm luckily it was just your arm and not your white skirt which seemed for the most part untouched. “I am so sorry, I wasn’t paying attention and I-“ You looked up at his face and stopped mid-sentence. No wonder you thought he looked familiar, even from the back. This was someone you’d seen so many times in your life you knew his features well. Well, not seen in real life, but seen mostly through photos and through a computer screen. It was Lee Hongbin of Vixx, the drop-dead gorgeous artwork.

You flushed a deep shade of red and stepped back, apologizing profusely. Hongbin looked, admittedly, just as flustered if that was possible. You held your arm, which was stinging from the burn of the searing hot liquid. Hongbin looked down at your arm and cringed, moving over to the counter to get serviettes. He looked into your eyes, almost as if asking permission so you nodded. He took your arm in one hand and with the other gently cleaned the coffee of your arm.

“Are you okay? Does it hurt?”

You shook your head and smiled, “Thank you and sorry about bumping into you.”
He chuckled, “No problem at all, how about you get your coffee and sit with me.”
Your eyes widened, he had just asked you to sit with him. Lee Hongbin. “Are you sure? I don’t want to intrude or anything.” You asked, with a slight stutter.

“Not at all,” He smiled one of his beautiful, dimpled smiles. “I’d like to get to know you a little better.” Much to your surprise and intrigue, he seemed a little more nervous than he was originally. He seemed… embarrassed.
You went and got your usual, a lovely latte, and went to sit across from Hongbin who was sipping his coffee happily. You sat down, quite nervous to say the least. “You got here without tripping I see.” He laughed and you rolled your eyes jokingly, leaving you both laughing.

You spent a long time there with him, just talking, there was no stress, no pressure. Throughout it all, you found yourself glancing back up to look at his face and admire his smile. You understood the impossibility of this situation, it really did intrigue you what he was doing out here on a Saturday morning. You hadn’t let on that you knew who he was; you were worried that if he figured out you were a fan he might bolt. You know how some fans are, absolutely crazy. Besides, he was really nice. You were enjoying talking to him as equals, not as idol and fan. That’s when your phone rang, with your favourite ringtone. Which just so happened to be G.R.8.U.


You froze, and looked at your phone and then back up to him. He looked utterly amused as you fumbled with your phone and answered the call. It was just a quick call from your friend checking up on you like she loved to do for no particular reason. She was a sweetheart. The conversation ended quickly and you laughed nervously. “You could have just told me you knew who I was, you know.” He laughed, “Why all the secrecy?”
“I suppose I just wanted to talk to you on an even playing field, not just as a fan.” You admitted and he nodded in understanding.

“I’m glad you did, it’s been a while since I’ve had a nice normal conversation with someone other than the members.” He gave you a big smile and reached over the table and held your hand. You looked up at him and noticed he wasn’t meeting your gaze anymore, looking away as to avoid it. He cleared his throat, “So, um, would you like to go with me to get dinner later tonight. Or something else? I don’t know what you like, probably should have thought of that. Um-“


“Hongbin,“ You interrupted, “Of course I do, you dork.”
You both stood up, his hands folded in front of him cutely. You decided times and the like as, although you tried to convince him otherwise, he paid for both your coffees.

You followed him out of the shop “So I’ll see you later tonight, beautiful.” He said and shyly gave you a hug before waving goodbye.

“Well, then. That was unexpected.” You laughed as you walked happily back home. You had to pick an outfit for your date with Lee Hongbin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I have returned from the land of the dead and inactive. I have been so ridiculously busy lately, I've been drowning. This was a request I'd gotten on Tumblr (say hi at caitstarlight.tumblr.com) but I was quite pleased with how it turned out so I'm sharing it with you all. I hope you enjoyed it~ 

I hope you're all having a wonderful day!

~Cait