Hyuk (VIXX) - Dancing Duo

Cait's Oneshots~ [Takes Requests!]

Hyuk (VIXX)

You were wandering around the mall near your house, not doing anything in particular. Your friends were supposed to come and hang out with you today but there were dates with boyfriends, family outings, homework to finish and every other reason to be anywhere else but keeping you company on a reasonably boring day. 

Not much I can do about it I suppose.

With a loud sigh, you continued weaving through stores. You hadn’t actually bought anything, probably because you weren’t really paying attention to what you were doing. You aimlessly walked around for a few minutes until you noticed a new store had opened, it was a big new arcade. A smile brightened up your face and you ran towards it. You were confronted with colourful flashing lights and beeps and retro music playing in the background. You loved arcades, they were so fun. You giggled and rushed inside, eyes darting around not knowing where to start. You decided to load up on sugar first so you went around to all the claw games and machines that you could win lollies from. You approached the first machine, determination flaming in your eyes. After a few rounds, you have a handful of chocolates loaded in your arms and a big smile plastered on your face. Popping one into your mouth, you look around to see what you wanted to do next. Then a familiar sound rung out from somewhere, you doubted it but it sounded a lot like Rock Ur Body by VIXX.

Huh, that’s strange.

You’d never heard any k-pop around here before, but you would be lying if you said you weren’t wishing that it was VIXX playing and not your imagination. VIXX was your favourite band and the first song you listened to by them was Rock Ur Body. You were hooked straight away and you got addicted really fast. You watch VIXX TV every Tuesday and you’ve watched all their other variety shows. Your favourite member was Hyuk, although you really loved them all, Hyuk was so adorable and he has such a nice voice even though you don’t get to hear it too much in their earlier songs. You make your way over, following the song now that the lyrics had started confirming your suspicions. You could tell that song anywhere, Rock Ur Body was playing. You rushed over, following the sound of the music. You finally found the source of the song; a dance game was the culprit. However, you weren’t the only one who was interested in this game it seemed, a tall blonde boy was dancing to VIXX as you stood at watched. He was dressed in jeans and a hoodie that covered his face. He was dancing the choreography perfectly, as if he had done it a million times.

He must have practiced a lot.

Feeling spontaneous, you put your stuff down and moved next to the boy and danced the choreo with him. He turned his head to you quickly out of shock but then smiled and we danced together.  

Wow, the resemblance to Hyuk is really strong.

The song ended and you turned to the boy who now stood beside you seemingly not tired at all.

“Are you a Starlight?” He asked you, beaming as he lifted his hoodie up and revealed his face. The breath hitched in your throat and your eyes widened.

Hyuk?

You nodded slowly, your mind still trying to process what had happened.

“Nice to meet you, you’re a great dancer.” He beamed.

“T-Thank you.” You stuttered. He smiled and patted you on the head; you blushed and shied away slightly.

“Don’t mention it, you want to dance with me some more?” He asked excitedly and you nodded quickly, dancing was a passion of yours along with k-pop. Dancing to k-pop was your favourite pastime and dancing with your favourite member from your favourite band was a dream come true. He played On & On from his phone (the game only had Rock Ur Body) and you both laid down on the ground, you deciding to dance Ken’s part. Ravi’s intro started.

We back again now,

This is real fantasy.

‘Cuz I ain’t playin’ around.

Now! V, V, V, V, V.I. Double X!

You lifted off the ground and began to dance. You and Hyuk were next to each other for a lot of the choreography, hence why you chose to dance Ken's part. A bit through the first verse you snuck a glance at him and smiled at his serious demeanor that completely contrasted with his usual bubbly personality.. Then you realised the move that was about to come up.

How did I not think of this when I decided to dance Ken?!  

Wiheomhadago malhaedo deullijil anha

You both froze up a bit as Hyuk’s hands went to your leg and stomach but he quickly pulled away and continued the dance, you not far behind. Returning into the rhythm, you kept dancing. Without even realising it, you had both started to sing.

Nahante wae ireoneunde
Nan neohante wae ireoneunde
Neoneun malkkeuteul tto heurigo nan nunmuri heureugo
Tto mureup kkurnneun nan dachil junbiga dwae isseo

You smiled at each other as you sang loud and moved perfectly in sync. Every now and then, you’d both look at each other and smile brightly despite the mood of the song making the actions seem out of place but it was so much fun. As you moved with the beat, you found yourself going into character and you and Hyuk really seemed like creatures of the night, especially as lights dimmed around you though you wondered who was messing with the lighting you ignored it. Your voices melted together into one beautiful voice and you didn't even notice that someone was watching, or someones. 

I need therapy, la la la la la therapy.

You couldn't help it, you cracked a smile. The move was hilarious to you, the random knee-wobbling-thingy (that's the technical term), you covered up your smile and turned into position for Ravi's rap. You almost forgot to breathe as Hyuk grabbed your hand. You turned you head to him slightly and he looked over to you and winked which turned your brain to mush. You felt your face go red so you quickly turned away and he released your hand as the invisible Ravi rapped. Spinning around in a circle, Hyuk behind you, you both came together for the last chorus. As the song ended, your hands forming claws as you brought them into your chest you laughed with happiness. Out of all the times you've danced, and you were always dancing, that was probably the most fun you had ever had. Hyuk held up his hand for a high-five and you high-fived with a massive grin on your face. "You're awesome!" Hyuk exclaimed. 

"I'm not the awesome one here." You lifted your hands in protest. "Thank you for dancing with me, it was really fun." 

"Honestly, you're more fun to dance with than the hyungs." He chuckled before adding, "Don't tell them I said that." 

"How could I tell them anyway?" You laughed, poking him. He grinned mischievously and poked you back. You returned the favor and you both ended up in a tickling frenzy, attacking each other whilst rolling around on the floor. Yes, in the middle of an arcade. 

Thank goodness we're the only ones here or else this would look really strange. 

You wiped a tear out of your eye and advanced on your tall, blonde opponent while you both laughed uncontrollably. 

Ok, never mind, this is still strange. 

You struggled to breathe in between fits of laughter. As you were trying to catch your breath, spread out on the floor, ribs hurting from laughing so much, Hyuk got on top of you and attacked your sides. When you tried to push him off you became very aware of your position and you went tomato-red and refused to meet his eyes, your head darting to the side, looking anywhere else but him. Suddenly, you felt his lips on yours and your breath caught in your throat. He pulled away quickly and got up, reaching out his hand to lift you up. You shyly extended your arm and he pulled you up. As you were still dazed from the kiss you were snapped back to reality as a bucket fell over from behind a machine and angry whispers followed. You saw red hair poking out from the side of the machine and a face peeked around the corner before jerking back out of sight. 

It couldn't be...

"Hyungs, what are you doing?" Hyuk called out. 

"NOTHING." You heard another voice reply, N's voice. The five other members appeared and walked towards you and Hyuk. 

"It's not like we were watching you or anything. Hahaha." N nervously laughed, scratching the back of his head. You slowly tried to back away, though you had always dreamed of meeting them, this was not an ideal situation considering they had probably just witnessed you kissing the maknae. As you moved out of the way of the boys, you tried to bolt out through the room and out of the arcade but Ken and Hongbin grabbed you at the last minute. "You're not getting out of here just yet." They chimed. You tried to struggle out of their grip but they were too strong. You sighed and frowned at the two grinning boys who were looking down at you. You threw a pleading look at Hyuk who only shrugged, now being able to do anything. Ravi was standing a bit further away from the group, looking amused about the whole situation. "You're scaring her." Leo told the others, his soft voice barely heard. Hongbin and Ken let you go but purposely stood in the gap between the arcade games, blocking the escape route. 

Surely, they're not mad... Right?

Suddenly, you were enveloped in a hug. You yelped and turned your head to see N. 

"Such a talented Starlight! Thank you for supporting us!" He said with a smile. 

This dork. 

"Yah! Hyung, stop it." Hyuk complained with a pout and N let go. 

"Someone's a bit jealous." Ken teased and Hyuk glared at him. You laughed at their dorky behaviour and you introduced yourself.

Actually, now that I think about it, why the heck are they even here?!

You asked them and Ravi explained that they were planning a tour here and were checking the place out but Hyuk ended up running off. 

"It's because I heard our song." Hyuk defended himself. "Then ____ appeared and started dancing with me." He threw you a smile and you smiled back. 

"You are a very good dancer." Hongbin complimented. 

"Your vocals are good." Leo quietly added. You thanked them all and told them that you had a love of dancing. Then a phone rang, N pulled out the group phone and answered it. It was their manager telling them they had to come back to the hotel now. Everyone let out sighs of disappointment (well except Leo). "I'll see you later ____! Promise." Hyuk said as they all walked away but Leo came up to you and said,

"Please take good care of our maknae." and he walked away. A few seconds later, Hyuk came dashing back and grabbed his phone that he had left on the ground. He grabbed yours from your pocket, put his number in your contacts under 'Hyukkie' then gave it back, pecked you on the cheek and dashed away again before you could say a single word.

What the...

As you were still trying to collect your thoughts, your phone vibrated in your hands. 

Hyukkie: See you later ____. I really like you, we make one awesome Dancing Duo. ^^ <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I finally finished it. That took ages. Sorry for those who have been waiting for a long time. ;__; I'll try to update quicker in the future. I hope you enjoyed this, it was fun writing it once I figured out what I wanted to do. I love VIXX, the adorable dorks. Also, for new readers please keep voting on who you want me to write a one shot for next! (Hopefully I won't take so long this time). I still need to update my other story so I will write for that first. ^^ 

Comment Time!: 

sophieness: I'm glad you liked my Leo one shot. I really like that one. ^^ I hope you like this one shot too!

kpopsister123: Sorry for making it difficult to choose a bias, but thank you for commenting! I'm sure I'll get around to writing Dongho's eventually. 

beautifulflamer24: I know I replied to your comment already but I think you guys deserve a special mention so thanks again for reading. ^^

Though I usually reply to comments through the actual comment section, I like writing little replies here as well because I love reading comments, it really motivates me to keep writing. 

Thank you for reading, 

~Caitlin