Tao (Exo) - As the Sun Sets

Cait's Oneshots~ [Takes Requests!]

It was a lovely morning, a morning perfect for a date. Although it was nearing the midday, a young couple were up and getting ready for a hopefully, fun day. Huang Zitao, usually known as Tao, was the handsome maknae of Exo-M and his beautiful girlfriend, Im Yoona was as precious as anything to him. They had both been busy, they were young but both lived quite frantic lives, she an avid journalist and he an astronomically popular musician. Since they very rarely had a free day to spend together it was no surprise that they were excited, both happily humming and smiling, as they got ready for the day.

Yoona was sitting on the staircase in front of her front door, waiting patiently for Tao to appear on the doorstep to take her to Namsan Tower where they had always planned to visit but until now didn’t have the opportunity to. They were quite a new couple after all and it was nearing their six-month anniversary. As she waited, she began playing with her light blue dress which flowed down a little past her knees and tapped her feet against the wooden stairs with her white sandals. They planned to spend the entire day together so she also adorned a white cardigan atop her shoulders in case the temperature should drop, which it was suspected to do considering the recent weather.

After what felt like ages to Yoona, she heard the gentle knocking that signalled Tao’s arrival and she jumped up from where she sat in glee and rushed to open the door, swinging it open with a smile.

“Hi! How’s my handsome boyfriend this morning?” She asked, stepping outside and closing the door softly behind her and Tao’s arms wrapped around her.

“I was great but now I’m even better now that I’m with you.” He chuckled, kissing the top of her head gently.

“You’re such a sap.” She joked, poking his side lightly.

“Hey, I am not. You’re the real sap here.” He whined childishly, poking her back. They both laughed and he took her hand lightly in his and they walked to his car which lay waiting in her driveway. He put his sunglasses and scarf back on, despite it being a nice warm day. He was popular after all and they didn’t want to be interrupted by any fangirls, it was hard enough as it was keeping their relationship a secret. Like a proper gentleman, he opened the car door for her before getting in the driver’s seat on the other side.

They drove with the radio turned up loud and singing, albeit badly, along to everything and anything that was playing. They were headed to the base of Namsan Mountain where they would take a cable car up to the beautiful views of Namsan Tower. They were planning to spend the entire day experiencing all the tower had to offer, after all, it had several floors all with things to enjoy and explore.

After a relatively quick trip they arrived at the base of the mountain where they’d take the cable cars up to the top. They bought tickets and lined up until they eventually made it to the front of the line. Surprisingly, it was relatively quiet on this particular morning so they didn’t have to wait for long. Better yet, they got a cable car all to themselves.

They sat down next to each other as the car begun its ascent, Tao put his arm around Yoona, squeezing her lightly with a chuckle and Yoona rested her head on him with a small smile.

“I’m glad we can spend the day together.” Tao uttered to her, planting a soft kiss on her head.

“So am I, it’s like we haven’t spent time together in ages.” She replied, looking up at him through her lashes.

“I’m sorry, I know it’s hard for you because of Exo. I’m surprised you hadn’t left me already. I couldn’t imagine what would happen if the fans found out about us.”

She twisted in her seat to look at her boyfriend, “Tao, you don’t need to apologise for your job, I love you no matter what. If it means I can be with you I will go through anything, crazy fans and all. I could never, ever leave you so don’t go saying such things.”

“You’re actually the best girlfriend I could ever wish for, you know that don’t you?” He said with a grateful smile gracing his lips.

“I know,” Yoona laughed, poking her tongue out, “and you’re the best boyfriend!”

He laughed with her and slowly lent down, pressing his lips softly to hers. For both of them, time froze and they were lost in the feeling of their lips against the others, swimming in a sea of bliss and love. It seemed to go on forever but also seemed to go by in a blink of an eye. It was the car coming to a stop that eventually pulled the couple away from each other, their cheeks tinted slightly red and their eyes locked on the other’s.

They stepped onto the platform and couldn’t help but stop and stare at the beautiful view as the cable car pulled away from them back down the mountain.

“Wow, Seoul looks beautiful from up here.” Yoona exclaimed, leaning over the fence that bordered the platform.

“It sure is.” Tao sighed back in content, wrapping an arm around her waist before removing it quickly and shouting, “Last one to the lighthouse pays for lunch!” He quickly turned and broke into a run, getting a few disapproving looks from the surrounding adults but it was not as if they cared anyway.

“What, huh? Hey! No fair!” Yoona gasped before taking off after him, laughing happily.

They chased each other across the concrete where the stone brick lighthouse rose next to the tower, looking quite small in comparison. Yoona had caught up some ground and was closing in on Tao as they ran up the stairs giggling.

“Catch me if you can, Yoona!” Tao called behind him.

“Just you wait, I’ll catch you in no time!” She countered as they rounded the last corner until the top.

They ended up reaching the top at the exact same time and they were both out of breath from running and laughing. They both lent against the stone wall of the lighthouse and smiled at each other, the sun starting to dip down. Tao turned to Yoona and embraced her in his strong arms, cradling her head and rocking back and forth. They stayed there for a while, just hugging and enjoying each other’s company while they had it.

They begun taking pictures from all angles they could managed, silly pictures with them in it pulling dumb faces. Tao surprising Yoona by kissing her cheek as they took a cute selca. They ate lunch in the afternoon sun, a lunch of sandwiches bought from the café. Laughing and smiling, they spent their day together and time flew by much too quickly. As if the time was controlled by an hourglass and the gap in the middle was widening.

There wasn’t too much time left, unfortunately Tao had to get to practice almost as soon as night fell so there was one last thing they had to do before they left. The Locks of Love, the long chain fence where couples locked padlocks with their partner’s names and a message on them to symbolise eternal love. It was a bit cliché, even for them, but they felt they had to do it, so even though their relationship remained a secret, the pair of padlocks would always remain as a symbol of their undying love and devotion to each other.

They went up to the second floor of the Plaza, where the Tower fence stood proud, shining in rainbows of different padlocks all representing the love between a couple. It was beautiful and the fence was absolutely filled to the brim in many places. The sun was beginning to set now, the sun beginning to dip below the horizon, tinting the sky in a beautiful spectrum of oranges and yellows. Tao and Yoona walked hand in hand, with their locks clasped in the opposite hand, and walked along the fence to find a spot to hang theirs. Eventually the came across a gap just big enough to house their locks, it was the perfect spot. They could see the city well from there and even tried to spot building they recognised.

They looked down at their locks and read their message, “Tao, we have been together for not very long, but you’ve been the most wonderful man I could ever have hoped to be with. You are the only one for me. I hope we can spend eternity together. I love you.” Yoona read, with a soft smile on her face as Tao looked on fondly.

“Yoona, you are everything to me. You make my hard life worthwhile, the sweat and the training and the performances. You get me through the day with the thought of getting to see you again. Thank you for the strength and love you’ve given me. I love you.”

 The two looked at each other, smiled and nodded, reaching up and clicking their locks onto the fence. Soon after they were done, their bodies gravitated towards each other like magnets and hugged tightly yet tenderly. They knew that their love would last, a love such as theirs was rare, seemingly only appearing once in a blue moon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back~ ^ ^ And to make up for my lateness (as usual orz), I am doing a double update~! /throws kenfetti/ This first oneshot was requested by the lovely pegase2311, I hope you enjoyed it along with everyone else who read it! I hope you're all having lovely days/evenings/weeks, thank you for reading and putting up with my inconsitencies. I hope I can become a better writer in order to please you all with my stories. On a happy note, I'm on holidays starting next week so I'll try to get lots of writing done then.