Luhan (Exo) - Correction, I'm YOUR Idiot

Cait's Oneshots~ [Takes Requests!]

“Luhan! Hurry up, you’re going to be late!” Yue’s voice called from the bottom of the stairs.

I blinked slowly and sleepily, trying to bring my vision into focus. Yawning loudly, I looked over to my alarm clock to check the time.

7:47AM

… Crap.

I flipped out of bed, running around frantically grabbing my uniform and trying to comb my hair with one leg in my trousers and an arm stuck in my t-shirt. It was Monday morning, a school day. A school that just so happened to start at 8 o’clock.

7:50AM

“I’m hurrying, hold on!” I shouted down to the others, who were probably beyond annoyed at this point. I shared a small flat with my best friends Kris, Xiumin, Lay, Chen and Tao. The school we went to was a fair way away from our houses so we decided to move into this flat and we could share the rent.

“You’re hopeless Luhan, we’re all going to be late!”

Oh and my other best friend Zhou Yueliang, I call her Yue. We’d known each other since elementary school and we’re the closest of friends. Where she went, I went, and where I went, she went. That’s always how it worked with us, together through everything.

7:54AM

I was finally ready so I grabbed my bag and flew down the stairs, somehow managing not to trip down them. I landed at the bottom floor, faced with the unamused faces of my friends all staring at me.

“I slept in, I’m sorry!” I apologised giving them an awkward smile before bolting into the kitchen to grab some fruit to eat for breakfast on the way there.

“Come on, I’ve got Mr. Jun first and he hates people being late!” Tao whined, bouncing up and down lightly on his feet.

We left the house hastily, and with no time to spare, decided to sprint all the way to our highschool. Luckily, it wasn’t far and we were there in a few minutes.

We all split when we got inside the building, running off to our lockers to retrieve our schoolbooks and hope that our teachers would be lenient if we were only a bit late. 

I had Maths with Yue first thing, luckily our teacher liked us so she wasn’t too mad when we burst through the doors, panting and tired.

“Sorry. Miss. Slept in. Yue. Had to wait for me. Sorry.” I panted, having trouble forming proper sentences but our teacher just laughed and told us to take our seats. We bowed gratefully to her and we sat down and our teacher continued teaching the lesson.

While our teacher was explaining new trigonometry formulas to the class, I looked over to Yue who was taking notes attentively, colour-coding and tapping her pen on her desk in thought.

She sure is pretty, isn’t she?

That’s when I noticed the little leaf sitting atop her head, buried in her hair. I chuckled to myself and leant over to her, removing it for her. When she felt my fingers, her eyes darted in my direction, giving me a questioning look. I held up the offending foliage in my hand and she laughed, a light pink tint rising on her cheeks before bowing her head slightly in thanks.

The rest of the lesson was relatively uneventful, Yue and I doing questions together and helping each other out and swapping notes. Everything was a team effort as usual, it was funny though, Yue seemed quieter than usual. Strange.

The bell finally rang and we both got up, stretching our arms and legs from the long time sitting down.

“One class down, five to go.” I smiled at her and she gave me a small smile in return, giving me a thumbs up.

. . .

At recess it was relatively quiet. It was the case of the Mondays, it seemed. No one was awake enough to be rowdy on a Monday morning. On our way to the cafeteria, Yue poked me and I turned to her, humming to tell her I was listening.

“Could I, um, talk to you, Luhan?” She asked.

“Sure! What’s up?” I replied, stopping off to the side, out of the way of the tidal wave of students making their way to the by now packed cafeteria.

“I just wanted to tell you that, I, um, like you.” She told me shyly, out of character for my confident best friend.

“Aw Yue, I like you too!” I told her with a smile and she beamed up at me happily, “You’re my bestfriend, of course I like you, silly. I figured you’d know that by now.”

The smile dropped off her face in less than a second, sadness rushing through her features.

“Oh.” She whispered, “I see.” Her hair fell forward, covering her face and she muttered something I couldn’t quite hear.

She ran off towards the cafeteria, leaving me behind. I was confused, why did she look so sad? We’re best friends of course, what’s with that reaction? I shrugged to myself before making my way to the cafeteria also

When I got there, Yue was sitting with some of the girls in her class, looking kind of put out. I had no idea why.

I walked towards my friend’s table and waved at them happily but they didn’t look as pleased to see me.

“Hi guys, how was class?” I asked warily, seeing some grumpy expressions aimed my way.

“What the hell did you do to Yue?” Kris asked, resting his chin on his hand and giving me a bored look.

“What do you mean? I didn’t do a thing to her! Why do you ask?” I replied incredulously, I didn’t remember doing anything bad to her. Not that I could think of anyway.

“When she walked in here, she looked very upset and when we expected her to come sit with us she walks right past us!” Xiumin grumbled.

“She was muttering to herself too, ‘Luhan’s such an idiot, Luhan’s such an idiot.’ Over and over again.” Lay added, sighing. “I hope she’s okay.”

“But I don’t know what I did to upset her!” I shouted exasperated, splaying my arms out.

“Well what happened on the way here? She was fine when I talked to her in homeroom.” Tao offered, pushing my arms down to my sides again when he noticed people looking our way confusedly.

“Well we were walking together making our way here and she asks to talk to me and then she said she likes me, weird right? I tell her that I like her too, I mean we’re best friends after all, and then she gets all sad and runs off!” I rambled, scratching the back of my head.

“Woah woah, back up. Did you use those exact words?” Kris questioned.

“What words?” I tilted my head to the side, I was so confused.

“That you’re best friends. Did you mention that you were best friends?” He clarified, staring at me wide-eyed.

I simply nodded.

“You’re an idiot.” They all simultaneously groaned, banging their heads on the table.

“Luhan, you are literally the densest human that has ever walked this earth, I hope you realise this.” Chen sighed, giving me a pointed look.

“I don’t understand, what have I done this time?”

They all sighed in frustration, they went on to explain to me that Yue clearly had a crush on me and if they weren’t mistaken, the feelings were mutual.

“Wait. Yue has a crush on me?” I repeated slowly, with wide eyes and my head tilted slightly.

They replied with a simultaneous chime of ‘Yes.’.

“So when she said she liked me… she didn’t mean that she liked me as a friend?”

“No, you dolt.”

“Oh.”

. . .

Well this changed some things. That’s for sure. I mean­- I’ve had a crush on Yue for a long time, but I had never expected her to like me back. I need to talk to her, set things straight. But most importantly…

YUE LIKES ME!

I couldn’t stop smiling and laughing giddily to myself, earning me some slightly disturbed looks from the guys but I honestly couldn’t care less.

I bolted up, “Well gentleman, I’ve got a lady to apologise to. If you’ll excuse me.” I announced before swiftly closing in on Yue’s table and when she saw me approaching I could see bewilderment flash upon her features. I could guess that I looked very excited, possibly psychotic but to be fair, she’s probably used to my antics at this point.

“Hi Yue!” I chimed happily.

“Um, hey. What do you want now?” She asked, raising an eyebrow. She was still angry, a little upset possibly but I think she was too unsettled by my behaviour to actually behave as such.

“Can I talk to you for a second, pretty pretty please?”

“Well, yeah, I guess so.” She replied, getting up from her chair and I led her out into the hallway. When we were suitably out of earshot she spun around, “Now what’s this about, you big goof?”

“Okay, okay, here it goes.” I took an obnoxiously deep breath, “I think it’s safe to say that I’m an idiot, a major doofus, mayor of Dumb Town, a complete—“

“Yes, yes, Luhan, I know. Your point?” She interrupted, giving me a blank stare.

“So before when you said you liked me, I thought you meant in like a friend way, because you know there was no possible way you could like me THAT way, you know? So I was totally confused and I talked to the guys about it and they made me realise and in short I’m very, very, very, very, very, very—“

“Luhan.”

“Very sorry. In other words, I like you too in a more-than-a-friend-way and I would be delighted if you would be my girlfriend. If that’s alright with you, of course.” I took a moment to catch my breath and I kept my eyes locked on hers, waiting for a reaction of some kind.

She just stared at me, then I saw a smile start to tug at the corners of until she was laughing so hard I was surprised she didn’t fall over.

“Well you were right about one thing,” She began.

“That I’m a wonderful person, dripping with good looks and intelligence?” I teased.

“No, that you’re an absolute idiot.”

She wrapped her arms around me and hummed in approval and, despite me blushing furiously, I returned the hug warmly, resting my head atop hers. 

I couldn’t help but whisper while I held her softly, “Correction, I’m YOUR idiot.”

 

A/N: Hi there my wonderful, beautiful readers~ Thanks for reading this if you got all the way down to my little author's note! This is a little more comedic that my usual style, just a little bit of fun so I hope that you like this slight change in mood. It was really fun to write a dense, dorky protagonist I must say. ^ ^ Anyways, I hope you're all having a lovely week, I'll hopefully see you soon! Oh and I might put a little page at the front with a big ol list of all the requests so it's easier to check what's on my to-do list. I haven't had any double ups thus far but just in case there's something I'm working on that you might like. And remember that even if a story isn't for you, please still comment and give me some feedback! It's what keeps this lil writer motivated and making me a better writer so please, criticise away!

I'll see you all soon! Ciao~