Insoo (MYNAME): Garden Confession

Cait's Oneshots~ [Takes Requests!]

You awoke to the sound of your alarm blaring in your ear and despite it being one of your favourite songs, it was not particularly what you wanted to hear at the moment. It was a Monday morning, a school day much to your discontent. You were a high school senior, graduating in a few weeks. It had been a tough year of course, very busy and you knew the importance of how you performed grade wise. Your subject of choice was music, it was your passion and you absolutely loved it.

But the music itself wasn’t the only thing you loved about the class, your best friend since kindergarten was also in that class. Kang Insoo, you’ve known him since you were both little and you’ve always been best friends. But as of late, much to your dismay, your feelings towards him have begun changing to something more than just friends. You were determined to keep it to yourself though, you were almost certain that he didn’t feel the same about you. But he wasn’t making it easy to ignore, like usual he got a kick out of teasing you and although you were convinced he meant nothing by it, he made your heart race.

Soon enough, you were dressed and ready for the day ahead. After a quick goodbye to your parents, grabbing something to eat and swinging your bag over your shoulder, you were out the door and started on the way to school. You lived close by so it was never very far to walk.

“Hey!” You heard a recognisable voice call out to you. You knew who it was before you turned around, only one person has that voice.

“How is my beautiful girl today?” He chimed, appearing at your side and you had to turn your head to hide your blush.

“So cheesy.” You chided jokingly, pushing him lightly. He chuckled and gave you a light push back.

You walked into the school building together, laughing about your weekend among other things. Much to your joy, you had Music first thing; it usually was the only thing that managed to motivate you on Monday mornings. Admittedly, you weren’t too fond of getting up early. You went to each other’s lockers to get your stuff and walked to the classrooms together, chatting along the way while avoiding the usual crowds of the hallway.
You walked into the class and sat next to each other and a few minutes later your teacher arrived. As it was nearing the end of the school year, exams were approaching so for the next few weeks, most of your classes were either finishing up last minute work before the end of the year or letting everyone start prepare for the intense weeks ahead. For music, you were pretty confident in the theory side of things but you also had a practical exam and those were always more difficult, at least for you anyway. As such, your teacher left you to your own devices to practice and rehearse where the students saw fit.

Unlike your insecurities, Insoo was a born performer with an amazing voice, great dance skills and a strong stage presence when he performs. He always excelled if all he needed was a microphone. It was that talent that had drawn you together in the first place, a mutual love for music in kindergarten drew you together and you were never apart for long after that.

“Do you want to practice together today?” Insoo asked, tapping your shoulder lightly, breaking you out of your nostalgia.

“Of course!” You replied cheerfully and he held out his hand for you to take as you got up. You took his hand, feeling your cheeks heat up slightly and laughed. “I can get up by myself, you know?”

“Are you sure about that?” He asked in mock skepticism, “Don’t want my princess exerting herself, now can I?”

The teasing was back it seemed, he had been doing that more frequently lately although you didn’t know why. Especially with those nicknames, ‘princess’ and ‘beautiful’, but you still saw nothing of it.

You spent the majority of your time that lesson singing and playing together, while still getting some actual work done. Which is quite surprising considering Insoo kept trying to make you laugh while you were practicing, making dumb faces or saying random things while you were practicing making you crack up or get distracted. Of course, in turn, you did the same to him and it led to you just messing around for a while, after a while though you usually managed to get back on track.

All too soon the lesson ended as your teacher called out to the class telling them to start packing up and head to their next class. Unfortunately, you had Maths next and he had Social Studies so you wouldn’t see him until after class. You gave each other a quick hug and went your separate ways, waving as you left.

. . .

You spent the rest of the next class painfully bored. Maths, although you weren’t bad at it, you found quite tedious and with no friends in your class, pretty lonely. Inevitably, your mind started to wonder. Maths equations slowly turned into little doodles scrawled in the margins of your exercise book, decorating the pages with little flowers and hearts. Every now and then, you went back to doing your work, you didn’t want to have too much homework after all and you managed to keep up while still not paying full attention. Eventually, you began to think about Insoo.

‘I wonder how long I’ll be able to hide these feelings from him. The things he says; every time they make my heart race. But what can I do? He doesn’t realise what he does to me… that much is obvious. But even so, what can I do about it? We’re best friends, what if I freak him out and ruin our friendship?’ You sighed to yourself, the words on your textbook blurring into incomprehensibility. ‘But surely, surely our friendship isn’t so weak to be destroyed by this. We’ve known each other for so long and have been inseparable. Maybe it’ll work out okay, one way or the other.’

With a smile, you moved your attention to one of the larger hearts on your page and in it, sketched the initals, ‘K.I’.

. . .

With elevated spirits you almost skipped your way to the gardens where you liked to eat recess with Insoo, holding your food in your hand. He was already sitting there, an apple in his hand that he was tossing up and down aimlessly. He looked up and met your eyes, giving you a big smile that reached his eyes. He patted the spot next to him, gesturing for you to sit.

“Did you miss me?” He smirked and you jokingly rolled your eyes although in your head you couldn’t help but think yes.

“No lacking of confidence as usual I see.” You joked back and he gave you a look of mock hurt.

“Oh you wound me, my beautiful lady.” He pressed his fist to his heart although you could see the laughter threatening to burst out.

You laughed, “What beautiful lady? I don’t see any of those around here.”

“You of course, you dork.” He replied, poking your leg gently.

“I’m hardly beautiful Insoo.” You retorted.

He suddenly turned very serious, “Don’t you say that. You are the most gorgeous girl I have had the pleasure to meet in my life. I can’t let you undersell yourself like that.”

The relaxed smile fell of your face, you felt heat rush to your face and your heart pick up its pace. You tried to form a reply but you couldn’t figure out one and so you remained silent.

He took a deep breath before continuing, “I’ve been meaning to say this for a while, but I’ll be honest I was scared, I still am. We’ve been friends for as long as I could talk but lately, when I see you walking beside me I get nervous, when you laugh that beautiful laugh of yours I feel so happy. I’d do whatever I could to see that smile on your face forever. When you’re sad I feel like my life is crashing down on me and I feel helpless because the girl I care so much for,” He closes his eyes to catch his breath, “the girl I love, feels sad and I can’t do anything about it. So what I’m trying to say here is, I love you. I really really do. Would you be my girlfriend?”

You were frozen in your place, eyes transfixed on his. You didn’t know what to say, what to do. But you managed to squeeze the word out, a simple but heartfelt, “Yes.”

A grin immediately appeared on his face and he took your hands and pulled you up from where you were sitting. He threw his arms around you and spun you around.

He put you down gently and smiled softly down at you before leaning down and planting a soft kiss on your lips.

“I love you.” He whispered against your mouth.

“I love you too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A:N: This is for the beautiful KPopLover93, I apologise for the long wait for this. I hope that you like it, I’m sorry if Insoo is a bit OOC. Thank you for being so patient! /throws hearts at you/