Taemin (Shinee) - Prove It

Cait's Oneshots~ [Takes Requests!]

“Denise, surely you don’t expect us to believe you!” My friend Eunjung laughed.

“But it’s true!” I said, exasperated.

This had been going on for ages, I had come into school so excited to tell my friends about what happened the previous night. That Lee Taemin, yes the Lee Taemin had asked me to be his girlfriend. But when I told them they refused to believe me, thinking I was just saying this for a laugh or I was just joking. I’d insisted that it was the truth but alas, they laughed at me instead.

“So let me get this straight, when you went to that fansign last week, he slipped you his number on a post-it note and you met up with him the day after and had lunch together. Then, he asked you to be his girlfriend.” Taeyoung rolled her eyes, unconvinced to say the least.

I nodded furiously, that was exactly what happened; it was only about a week ago. I had kept it from my friends for that long because I feared their reaction, I don’t know what I expected, anger, maybe a bit of jealousy? I definitely didn’t expect downright dismissal that’s for sure, but there wasn’t much I could do about it.

It was a sunny Saturday morning when it happened, I had finally been able to go to a fansign and I was beyond excited. The line was huge and the wait was long but I didn’t really mind, I was going to talk to my favourite idols for the very first time even if it was only for a few seconds. Taemin was my ultimate bias of course, he always had been and I loved him to death, l loved his playful and caring personality. When I finally made it up to the front of the line I saw the five boys looking up to me with bright smiles, making my heart beat a million miles an hour and I had barely managed to stutter out sentences when I talked to each member. That was when I got to Taemin who, at the time, looked almost nervous and had a slight red tint to his cheeks. I was bright red at that point and I gave him my album to sign, which he did happily. I had so many things to say to him but I was so nervous and I only managed to tell him a few of them.

“Um, thank you Taemin for everything you do. You’ve come so far since your debut and everyone’s so proud of you. Er, you’ve made me so happy just watching you from afar so thank you for being yourself. Please stay healthy and I will continue to support you in all you do.”

He looked up at me with wide eyes and the shocked look on his face turned into a beautiful smile that reached his eyes. He quickly looked around to make sure no one was watching and scribbled something down on a post-it note. He stuck it next to the one that had my name I had written on it and he gave it to me before giving me another bright smile that made my heart skip a beat.

“No, thank you Denise. I’ll see you later!” He winked at me as I walked down the stairs on the other side of the platform with shaking legs and I gripped the beam of the staircase like a lifeline. I was at first confused about his last comment. That’s when I looked at the post-it note.

You’re so pretty! Thank you for your beautiful words, I’ll remember them. Let’s hang out sometime! ^ ^

~Taemin

Printed below that was his phone number with a little heart at the bottom. I had admittedly stood there staring at the note for ages before I finally allowed it to sink in. I had never smiled so much in my life, my cheeks hurt afterwards from smiling so much. I giggled childishly like a schoolgirl but I didn’t really mind, I’d just gotten Taemin’s number and he had called me pretty.

After that we met up and had lunch and he asked me to be his girlfriend. Of course I accepted him and although I knew it would be difficult being the girlfriend of an idol, a lot of secrecy and careful discretion, I really did love him so I put that aside.

“Yes, I went through all this trouble to convince you that Taemin’s my boyfriend with no gain other than my own amusement.” I muttered, voice dripping with sarcasm. “Of course, I’m not lying! Why won’t you believe me?”

“Nice try, Denise but we’re not buying it.” Eunjung laughed, patting me on the back and I shook her off. “Look, if it really is true, we’re going to have to see some proof.”

That’s when it hit me, the perfect way to prove it to them. Shinee didn’t have any schedules today because their photoshoot had to be cancelled, some boring business stuff got in the way Taemin told me the other day. So he was going to pick me up from school after and we were going to go spend the day together now that he finally had a day off.

 

“Just wait for after school you two, then you’ll see.” I stood up and smiled at them all with a mischievous glint in my eye. Eunjung and Taeyoung looked shocked, seeing how convinced I was but I payed it no mind, if they wanted proof, that’s exactly what I was going to give them.

The end of school came around all too slowly, the last classes drawing on and on for what seemed like years although I knew it was only about eighty minutes. When the heavenly moment came when the bell rang, marking the end of the school day, I was the first out the door and I shouted to the two unbelievers to meet me outside in the car park.

I raced through the hall, darting through people and ran to my locker, bouncing excitedly. It wasn’t even about proving a point anymore; I was just excited to see Taemin again. To see that way he looks at me like I’m as beautiful and precious as a flower, to see him laugh and smile in that special way that’s so him in every conceivable way. I laughed at my own actions, I only met him properly a week ago and look how far I’ve fallen already.

I grabbed all my homework and things from my locker and quickly stuffed them into my bag before swinging it over my shoulder. I started making my way towards the main entrance of the school quickly as I could and resisted the urge to start skipping, which would be sure to earn some confused looks from my fellow students and probably embarrass myself.

I burst through the front door of the school out into the afternoon sunlight; it was refreshing to take in the fresh air after spending the entire day inside. I sat down on the steps near the parking lot, waiting for Taemin to finally pick me up so I could finally prove to my friends that I’m not a liar.

Speaking of my friends, it wasn’t long until they also appeared, walking outside talking absent-mindedly to each other happily. When they all saw me, they smiled and made their way over.

“You sure are persistent, aren’t you?” Taeyoung laughed, patting my head lightly and sitting next to me.

“Well I’m not a liar so if you want that proof you better stick around.” I smiled, knowing that Taemin would arrive any minute now.

The minutes started to fly by and I started to get restless, checking my phone often to make sure he hadn’t texted me. The others were starting to get suspicious too and I could feel that little ounce of belief they had in me starting to fade away.

“Denise… You might as well tell us it was a joke so you can go home.” Eunjung softly told me, putting her hand on my shoulder.

“But it’s not a joke!” I threw my arms up, it had now been fifteen minutes since school ended and Taemin was nowhere to be seen.

“Well, we really need to be getting home,” Taeyoung sighed, clearly irritated that I hadn’t given up.

I nodded and felt them both stand up, I was a bit upset and disappointed, not just because they don’t believe me in the slightest but mostly because Taemin had seemingly forgotten me. I rested my head in my arms as the girls turned to leave and that’s when I heard the screeching of tires.

Our heads darted upwards when we saw the dark blue convertible pull in to the parking lot, admittedly going a lot faster than the speed limit. The girls looked confused and bewildered to say the least but I couldn’t help a big grin creep onto my face; I recognised that car. It was my boyfriend’s, looks like he finally made it.

“Denise!” I heard him yell as he flew the car door open and bounded towards me. “I’m so sorry I’m late and I kept you waiting, first thing I knew I was playing games with Key and then it was already getting close to 4pm! I’m so sorry!”

I laughed happily, I wasn’t mad at all. “It’s alright you big dork, I’m just glad to see you!” I smiled shyly up at him and he gave me a big smile back. He wrapped his arms around me gently and pulled me towards him and rested his head atop mine.

“I’m happy to see you too, Denise.” He whispered softly and planted a small kiss on my forehead.

“Um, so… you weren’t lying?”

Breaking out of my trance, I turned to see Eunjung and Taeyoung still standing there very shocked. I had completely forgotten about them when Taemin got here and almost burst out laughing at the looks on their faces.

“Told ya, I’m not liar you two.” I stuck my tongue out at them playfully and Taemin ruffled my hair affectionately.

 

“Was someone bragging about me were they?” He teased, poking my side.

“You wish, you big goof.” I joked, poking him back.

“Oh. Well, we should probably go and let you two enjoy each other’s company and all that stuff. Um, so well, bye!” Taeyoung stuttered before leaving quickly with Eunjung close behind.

I couldn’t help giggling when they left, they really didn’t believe me at all and when they saw Taemin right in front of them they had no idea how to react.

“So, now that they’re gone, what does my beautiful girlfriend want to spend her afternoon doing?” He smiled lovingly, intertwining his fingers with my own.

“Wherever you’d like, my handsome boyfriend.” I replied, we were a very affectionate couple but we didn’t really mind.

“I’m taking you out, it’s your pick.” He rebutted.

“How about some ice cream?” I offered, knowing how much he liked ice cream.

“You know me too well,” He beamed, pressing a soft kiss to my cheek, “I love it.”

“I love you too, now let’s go!”

. . .

A/N: Hello again my lovelies~ It sure has been a while and I do apologise for that, school has started once again and I'm now starting my new classes and settling in. But I'm going to make sure that I'm still writing! This little oneshot here is for dk98912, thank you for being so patient, I know you requested this quite a long time ago.

Thank you all so much for requesting so many stories, prior to me being open to requests I'd only put out oneshots once every couple months when I got time but now I have the motivation of you guys to keep me going so thank you for that. ^ ^

Please keep requesting, commenting and all that lovely stuff! ^-^ 

Thanks so much for your continued support and I hope you're all having a lovely day! <3