Mark (Got7): Slipping Confidence

Cait's Oneshots~ [Takes Requests!]

You were waiting backstage at M!Countdown, it was a nice Thursday evening as you sat in the Got7 dressing room as cheers thundered from outside. Your boyfriend, Mark, and his group were performing at that very moment as you watched on from a TV screen. Not that you minded of course, it was a miracle that JYP had allowed your relationship to continue after they had inevitably discovered. You had both expected them to find out eventually, what else would explain Mark disappearing for a few hours on end with no explanation and coming back with a happy glow. The members were the first to notice of course, Bambam being the first to catch on, and they’d enjoyed the few weeks of laughing amongst themselves over Mark’s secrecy.

You had met initially in a nice park on a clear night, you were reading a book on a park bench as you did often when the weather was nice and most people had already turned in for the evening. That’s when you saw him, practicing dancing and acrobatics in the cool summer air. You had quickly forgotten about the book you were reading and settled for staring at him above the pages, trying to be subtle and not be caught. But of course, he ended up seeing you and started your first conversation, which was full of teasing on his end; you were quick to find out. Not soon after that you had started dating and you were a very kind, loving couple. It was all fun back then, of course all the members were happy for Mark underneath all their silliness, but of course eventually their manager noticed something was up.

So there you were, waiting and watching. The performance quickly ended and they exited the stage and you stood up and leant against the doorway where the boys should soon be arriving. That’s when many of the girl groups and soloists started emerging from their own dressing rooms to get ready for their shows. Models of perfect hair, clothes and makeup, moving down the hall gracefully in tall heels without wavering even a bit. They were all absolutely gorgeous and you were jealous, you had to admit that.

You begun to think about Mark, you were only a normal girl and he is an idol, surrounded all the time by beautiful women. For someone like him, you were sure that’s the type of girl he’d really want. Someone more on his level. Your mood plummeted, bombarded by thoughts of you don’t deserve him and you’re not pretty enough.

The boys then appeared, walking down the hall towards you. They all greeted the girls as they passed each other, Mark smiling happily and talking animatedly with the ladies. You tore yourself away from the doorframe and sat down on a chair near the centre of the room, resting your head on one hand. Almost immediately afterwards, the boys burst through the doors in happy cheering and laughter.

“Oh hi! Did you like the performance?” Bambam laughed, poking your side lightly. You nodded half-heartedly and gave him a small smile. You greeted the rest of the members quickly as you hadn’t had time to do so before they had gone on stage. Unfortunately, with your self-esteem where it was at that moment, you weren’t the most outgoing person in the group and so you decided to maybe head home a little early.

You begun to get all your stuff together, wrapping your headphones around your phone and placing it into your bag along with your notepad and pen where you were drawing little sketches to pass the time just a few mintues ago. You stood up from your chair and looked around the room to ensure you hadn’t left anything behind. Jackson had noticed you getting up to leave and approached you, “Leaving so soon? Have you got something to do?” He asked with a puzzled look, it was unlike you to leave so abruptly; you usually loved hanging out with the boys.

“Ah, yeah. I’m a bit tired; I think I’ll just head home. You did a great job performing today, Jackson.” You told him with a sincere smile before waving to the rest of the boys and making your way out the door. You heard muttering behind you as you left, “Where’s she going?” “Mark, is everything okay?” You smiled despite yourself; at least they worried about you. You’d probably come back in a few minutes, once you’d gotten some fresh air to clear your head. It was silly for you to get so jealous towards those girls, you were Mark’s girlfriend but with having such a famous boyfriend, could anyone really blame you?

You finally found yourself at the back door of the building where you’d walk out; the show was still going so you knew that all the fans would either be inside or not out here yet as all the idols would be inside. Besides, the idols usually use the other door so even if there were people waiting early, they shouldn’t be here. You opened the door and peered outside just in case. All clear, you walked outside and took a lungful of fresh evening air. You loved the fresh air; it was your favourite way to clear your head. You lent against the wall of the building and tilted your head to the cool touch of the breeze and closed your eyes. Smiling contentedly, you started humming to yourself, completely immersed.

“Babe? You out here?” Mark’s voice called, surprising you.

“Hm?” You turned around, facing your boyfriend, now with his stage makeup off and out of his performance clothes and into casual wear. They were done for tonight, which is unusual considering how early it is in idol standards but they were grateful for the reprieve.

“Is everything okay? You left awfully suddenly.” He continued, stepping over next to you and wrapping his arms around you, tucking your head underneath his chin. “Is something wrong?”

“No, nothing’s wrong. Just- ah, never mind. It’s dumb.” You muttered back in response, returning his embrace, happy for him to be hugging you again like this.

“Hey, if it’s bothering you, then it’s not dumb and I want to hear it. Come on, it’s not like I’m going to laugh at you. See?”

Mark let you go so you could look at him and as you did Mark was making his most dead-serious face he could muster. You couldn’t help but let a laugh escape at his attempt to cheer you up, but you had to admit that it worked.

“Are you happy being with me?” You began, looking up at him nervously.

He gave you a shocked look, “Am I happy? Are you crazy? Nothing makes me happier than you make me when I’m with you. Where’d that question come from?” He replied, taking you back into his arms softly and squeezing you affectionately.

“It’s just, I’m so ordinary and then I see you with your idol life surrounded by such pretty girls all the time. Surely, compared to them, I’m so plain.” You finished, looking down with a sad expression.

“Oh hun,” He gave you a sad look and put his big, warm hands on your shoulders and breaking the hug so you could look right in his eyes, “You are perfect to me, you are beautiful and kind and you’re all I could ever hope for. Those idol girls, yes they’re pretty, but they’re not you. You, and you alone, are my precious girlfriend and I don’t want anything more and never will. So don’t ever think that you’re not good enough for me because it really is the opposite. What did I do to deserve such a pretty, caring girlfriend?”

You smiled softly and were so moved by his words, although you felt kind of silly, almost felt like you were going to cry. He looked at you with a smile that reached his eyes and leaned down slowly and your lips met. You swam in the feeling, his kisses were always amazing and sent you into outer space. His arms went around you, hugging you tenderly until you both finally pulled away, resting foreheads against each other.

“Never forget, you are everything I could ever want.”

“And the same for you, Mark. Thank you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here is the 2nd oneshot of the evening~! This was requested by the beautiful KikiChan, I hope you enjoyed it! ^ ^ Feel free to comment your thoughts below hehe! ^___^

Well that's all from me for tonight, I hope you liked the oneshots!

Until next time, my friends~!