Chapter 8

Trust me

"a-anyeongha-haseyo" he stuttered.

 

"oh! M-Minhyuk, you....you?!!" Seohyun yelled.

 

"ne" Minhyuk answered nervously but then he thought that he shouldn't be nervous.

 

"Seohyun, let's take a seat" Minhyuk got back to his normal self with the cutest smile. he offered Seohyun a seat and pulled it for her

 

"kumowoh" she thanked him.

 

"i didn't think it will be you. i mean, you never mentioned anything about being on an arranged marriage" Seohyun said.

 

"haha,that's because my dad just told me today. i was actually shocked. he didn't tell me before because he thinks i would be against it. well, that's kind of true" Minhyuk said while taking his seat and making a gesture to the waiter that they are going to order

 

"so, what do you wanna eat?" Minhyuk asked.

 

"hmm, you can choose whatever. i'm not picky" Seohyun said.

 

"okay then, can we have this one, this one, and this too" Minhyuk said while pointing on the menu and showing the waiter. the waiter then left them alone.

 

"ahh, i never thought i would marry a friend" Seohyun started.

 

"jinjja? don't worry, i would never hurt you like what kyu-- nevermind......anyway, i would help you to move on so feel free to ask for my help" Minhyuk smiled and Seohyun was flattered that Minhyuk is trying his best.

 

"ne, kumowoh. in return, feel free to ask for my help too" Seohyun smiled then, the steak Minhyuk ordered is ready and the other ones came before even finishing the steak. Seohyun and Minhyuk had a great time and they got to know each other more.

 

Minhyuk drove Seohyun to her house at almost midnight but Yoona is still waiting for Seohyun

 

"i wonder what's taking them so long. i have to leave at midnight or else my dad would really get mad." Yoona said worrying.

 

"they must be on their way. don't worry, i'll explain everything to your dad if you came home past your curfew." Jonghyun assured her.

 

"you don't have to do that." Yoona blushed from what Jonghyun said. Jonghyun just agreed easily.

 

"are you hungry? wanna order pizza?" Jonghyun changed the subject

 

"not really...hey, Jonghyun, can i ask something?" Yoona asked.

 

"hmm? sure what is it?" Jonghyun answers while tuning his guitar

 

"what would do if you like someone but if you tell her, things would get awkward. would you tell her?" Yoona asked.

 

"of course i have to let her know. although, things would be awkward, at least she knows how i feel. and i would do everything to make her comfortable again." Jonghyun answered.

 

"what's with that question? yah, do you like someone? who is he? do i know him?" Jonghyun asked in confusion

 

"i-i don't!! i just wanna know. and if just in case i do, you would know him better than anyone" Yoona gave a suspicious answer.

 

"so you do have one. i would know him better than anyone? does that mean he is one of the CNBlue? hmm, who would it be. Minhyuk?" Jonghyun still oblivious of Yoona's feelings

 

"no"Yoona avoided Jonghyun's gaze

 

"it can't be Yonghwa because he's in a marriage now. then, JUNGSHIN?!!" Jonghyun made another conclusion

 

"yah, don't just assume things" Yoona answered

 

"unnie!!!" Seohyun yelled. Yoona heard her and quickly ran upstairs Jonghyun followed her

 

"Seohyun! do you know how long i've waited? spill it out. palli! who's your husband-to-be?" Yoona asked impatiently

 

"Seohyun, you forgot your phone in the car" Minhyuk said without noticing Yoona and Jonghyun.

 

"in his car? what? is he---" Yoona said while pointing at Minhyuk with open

 

"ne, i'm Seohyun's fiancee" Minhyuk announced. Jonghyun and Yoona was dumbfounded. they just stood there with their mouths open. they never thought this would happen.

 

"unnie!" Seohyun yelled which brought JongYoon back to reality

 

"oh?what did you say?" Yoona asked because she has no idea what Seohyun just said.

 

"i'm asking you why you waited for me. it's late you know" Seohyun repeated.

 

"oh? i was really curious so..hehe" Yoona said while scratching her head.

 

"ahh, now you know who he is. don't you have to go home?" Seohyun said worrying

 

"ah right! appa would be so mad" Yoona went downstairs and got her purse.

 

"i'll take you home"Jonghyun offered.

 

"hyung, it's okay. i'll take her home. it's my fault for keeping Seohyun this late that Yoona has to wait.and i'm also leaving now anyways" Minhyuk offered because he felt guilty

 

"arraseo, take care of her" Jonghyun glared at Minhyuk. Minhyuk just nodded.

 

"aish, if only i'm not in a hurry, i wouldn't let you drive me home" Yoona muttered

--------------------------------

"so it's Minhyuk. i wasn't expecting this." Jonghyun said.

 

"i wasn't either but isn't it a good thing oppa? you know him and you said before that they are good guys so i'm sticking up to your word." Seohyun smiled.

 

"i guess you're right.. but Minhyuk has--nevermind" Jonghyun didn't continue. he was just looking at the main door with pityness on his eyes.

 

"oh! did you know that Yoona likes someone?" Jonghyun remembered their conversation earlier

 

"really? do you know who he is?" Seohyun just looked at his brother with curious eyes although she knows exactly who Yoona likes

 

"i don't know.she wouldn't tell me. but i think it's Jungshin because she says that i know him better than anyone, that means he's one of the CNBlue, it can't be Yonghwa and Minhyuk because of the marriage, so it's Jungshin" Jonghyun explained how he got his conclusion.

 

"well, okay. but think carefully, who's the one YOU know better than anyone in CNBLUE?" Seohyun gave a hint but Jonhyun is still oblivious

 

"you're confusing me. molla!go to your room and sleep. tomorrow's your day right?" Jonghyun looked at Seohyun

 

"ne. goodnight oppa" Seohyun said and headed to her room

------------------------------

"so it's you huh" Yoona started.

 

"haha, you weren't expecting it are you?" Minhyuk laughed.

 

"no. not one bit." Yoona said.

 

"life is full of surprises" Minhyuk smiled.

 

"i guess, but if you hurt my bestfriend, i will kill you" Yoona put on her serious face

 

"i wouldn't do that. i saw how she was when Kyuhyun hurt her. i wouldn't let her be that gloomy ever again" Minhyuk answered with assureness.

 

"if you need help just ask me. i know everything about Seohyun. she likes goguma, she loves books and that list goes on and on" Yoona said.

 

"ne." Minhyuk parked the car and waited until Yoona got inside.

 

Minhyuk was just staring at his steering wheel. then tears are starting to form in his eyes. 'i was waiting for her and i guess i don't have to anymore' he thought. 'i have Seohyun now so i think it's time to stop this feelings i got ' then he started crying. 'i can't hurt Seohyun. she has been hurt enough' thoughts are just flowing inside his head. then, he punched his steering wheel in annoyance and regret.

--------------------------------

-Seohyun's day-in her room

Seohyun was preparing for her day and she looked pretty. her dress that her mom picked makes her look like a princess.

 

"you look so pretty maknae" Jonghyun opened the door and complimented her.

 

"don't get used to my compliments, it only happens once a year" Jonghyun said.

 

"i know oppa. you only say that on my birthdays" Seohyun said while the artist is putting on her make up.

 

"well, you gotta hurry up. it's almost time for your piano performance." Jonghyun said and left.

 

Seohyun finished preparing and headed downstairs. she suddenly got nervous and she kept inhaling and exhaling. Minhyuk showed up and offered his gift. Seohyun opened it and saw two rings

 

"can i have your hand?" Minhyuk asked. "of course" Seohyun smiled. Minhyuk put the ring on her finger and Seohyun did the same to Minhyuk.

"let's go?" he asked offering his hand. Seohyun took a long inhale and then exhaled.

 

"let's go" Seohyun smiled.

 

they went downstairs and all of the guest's heads turned to look at the princess.

 

they were astonished by her beauty and most of the guys were jealous of Minhyuk.

 

"you look so pretty Seohyun" Yoona went to greet her bestfriend.

 

"kamsahamnida unnie. oh yeah! where's your cousin?" Seohyun asked.

 

"ah, she's talking to some guys, you'll see her around" Yoona said.

 

then, Yonghwa, Shinhye, Jonghyun and Jungshin showed up.

 

"hyungsoonim you're gorgeous" Jungshin said. Minhyuk Jonghyun and Yonghwa glared at him but they only noticed Minhyuk's and Jonghyun's.

 

"i'm just telling the truth! " Jungshin defended himself. and they all laughed.

 

"Seohyun!" someone yelled and hugged Seohyun. Seohyun broke the hug because she's shocked but when Seohyun saw her face, Seohyun's smile was unexplainable. she looked so happy.

 

"unnie!" she smiled.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! do you like the story so far? i had to write this chapter in my phone because i'm reformatting my laptop so i don't know if this is long enough :3 sorry for any grammar errors or mispelled words. anyways, it's almost my birthday!! yay :DD i'm turning 16. how old are you guys? i wanna know if you are my unnie, oppa, dongsaeng, etc. please leave a comment. love ya <333