Chapter 10

Trust me

the party ended. all of the guests already left except yonghwa. he saw seohyun and was about to confront her but he heard her parents arguing.

 

"why are you complaining? she's gonna live with Minhyuk anyway" Mr. Seo said.

 

"that's the point, she's gonna live with him for the rest of her life. can't you at least let her live with us before the marriage" Mrs. Seo reasoned.

 

"it's hard for me too..... to send my only girl away but i think it's the best for Joohyun. she'll be able to move on fast if she's with him" Mr. Seo argued.

 

Seohyun omma was about to talk but Yonghwa interrupted.

 

"sorry to interrupt and to eavesdrop but have you asked Seohyun personally if she really like the idea? i can see Seohyun's expression when you announced it and she doesn't seem to like it. same goes with Minhyuk, i don't think Minhyuk is ready to have that kind of responsibility. you probably think i'm stepping in to your family's issues and i apologize for that but Minhyuk and Seohyun are both special to me and i treat them as family. you don't know how hard it is for us to grow with our parents always on business trips and away on special occasions. Seohyun probably wants her father to be proud of her that's why she didn't say a word. i'm sorry for being rude but i'm just stating my opinion" yonghwa said and walked away from embarrassment. 'why did i say that?!!!' he thought.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Seo just stood there with widened eyes and opened mouths.

 

"he's probably right. i've never heard our children's perspectives so i have no idea how they feel. i never thought they are that lonely. Seohyun doesn't need a fiancee or a boyfriend to move on. she just needs us." Mr. Seo spoke up while looking at Yonghwa with adoration.

 

"that's what i have been trying to say to you. it's just that i can't find the right words" Mrs. Seo said.

 

"that guy is really something" Mr. Seo added.


The night before Seohyun and Minhyuk's wedding

 

'*sigh* Minhyuk's/he's/I am marrying Seohyun/my sister tomorrow' Jonghyun, Yonghwa and Minhyuk thought as they drink their soju. they are having a bachelors night.

 

meanwhile, Jungshin thought 'i don't have a girlfriend'

 

"why aren't you talking?" Jungshin noticed.

 

"i'm just thinking of something" the 3 said in unison. as soon as they heard each other, they all laughed.

 

"come on, let's cheer up! for Seohyun and Minhyuk!" Jonghyun said.

 

"cheers!" Yonghwa shouted although it looks like he is just forcing himself and he looks drunk already.

 

"hyung, you guys have been drinking a lot, are you guys drunk?" Jungshin is worried.

 

"wno i awm nowt!" Yonghwa and Minhyuk said together.

 

"they are not being honest to themselves, but i am and it's true i am drunk so call somebody to pick us up. we can't drive by ourselves. in the meanwhile, i am going to sleep in your room" Jonghyun said.

 

"aish, i'll just call Seohyun and the others."

 

Jungshin called Seohyun and apparently, she's with Jessica. he also called Yoona but since Yoona is closer, she came earlier than Seohyun and Jessica.

 

"where's Jonghyun?" Yoona asked. Minhyuk has his head on the table and he dozed off. Yonghwa is still drinking

 

"he's in my room. i think he's sleeping. are you with Seohyun?" Jungshin asked.

 

"aniya, i was closer so i came earlier than them. i just need to talk to Jonghyun" Yoona said and went inside the room.she saw Jonghyun sitting on the bed

 

"oh! Yoona! what are you doing here?" Jonghyun asked

 

"i just came to see how you are when you're drunk. you look normal" Yoona concluded.

 

"they say i say a lot of things when i'm drunk. i don't think i'm like that" jonghyun said.

 

"you know Minhyuk told me before that he has someone he likes" Jonghyun doesn't know what he is saying.

 

"what do you mean? does he still like her until now?" Yoona asked in curiousity.

 

"ofcourse. he's been in love with her since high school. he said they were a couple before but they broke up because the girl wanted to fulfill her dreams" Jonghyun told her.

 

"do you know who she is?" Yoona asked.

 

"nope, he didn't tell me, and i didn't bother to ask because i can see that he's hurting while telling me his story"Jonghyun said then dozed off.

 

'i'll just wait for Seohyun to carry her brother' she thought and went outside. she realized they are all gone

 

"where are they?" she asked herself.

 

she went outside and saw Minhyuk and Jessica. Jungshin is helping Jessica to put Minhyuk in the car.

 

"Jessica ssi sorry but i gotta clean my house can you do this alone?" Jungshin asked

 

"sure" Jessica smiled and looked at Minhyuk. Jungshin dashed into his house and Yoona hid herself. Jessica started to put Minhyuk's feet inside.

 

"you don't have to do that. i am not drunk. i just acted.i'm good aren't i?" Minhyuk said.

 

"to be honest, i kind of saw through it. i saw you drunk before and you're not like that" Jessica said. Yoona went closer while hiding in the bushes to better hear their conversation

 

"now that we're alone, can i be blunt with you?" Minhyuk grinned.

 

"go ahead" Jessica smiled.

 

"why did you hide the fact that you know me and why didn't you come back to me now that you already fulfilled your dream?" Minhyuk put on his serious face. 'Jessica is the one Minhyuk loves?!!' Yoona caught on easily. she put her hand on in shock

 

"i didn't because you're marrying Seohyun. look, i came back for you but it was too late. you're engaged and you're with Seohyun. please take care of her. i treat her as my own sister and she looks really happy with you" Jessica pleaded.

 

"but what about us?!" Minhyuk yelled.

 

"there's no us Minhyuk, the moment i left you, we were done. i regretted it... i regret that i let you go but i couldn't go back to my words. i am a girl that when i started something, i will finish it the way i planned. and my plan for us was ruined so there's no point in continuing it. i know you will be happy with Seohyun, she's a unique girl" Jessica answered

 

"i can't accept this" Minhyuk started crying.

 

"i waited for you" he added.

 

"i didn't tell you to wait. i'm so sorry. i still love you and that is the reason why i have to let you go" Jessica wiped Minhyuk's tears and slowly, Minhyuk touched Jessica's lips with his. Jessica returned it full-heartedly.

 

Yoona almost stood up from what she saw. she ran inside as she doesn't know what to do.

 

at the same time, Seohyun is waiting for Yonghwa from the washroom. Yonghwa came out and was shocked to see Seohyun.

 

"what are you doing here?" Yonghwa is still drunk and is holding the door for support.

 

"come out with me in the garden, i need to talk to you" Seohyun said.

 

"alright" Yonghwa lets go of the door and almost fell. good thing Seohyun caught him

 

"you okay?" she asked.

 

"i'm fine!" Yonghwa pushed Seohyun and walked to the garden by himself. although Seohyun kept an eye on him just in case he would trip.

 

"what is it you wanted to talk about?" Yonghwa looks calmer now.

 

"uhh, you know i told you i like someone right?" Seohyun started and Yonghwa nodded

 

"i came to tell you who he is" Seohyun said.

 

"you know how i hate going in circles right? i don't care who he is. in the end you're still gonna be with Minhyuk." Yonghwa said coldly. Seohyun was surprised with what Yonghwa said. 'he doesn't care' keeps on repeating in her head. she doesn't know how but tears just fell from her eyes.

 

"i-i just wanna let you know" Seohyun started sobbing and Yonghwa felt guilty.

 

"i love you. i'm in love with you Jung Yonghwa" Seohyun blurted out. Yonghwa's eyes widened and he took a step forward.

 

"y-you...me?" Yonghwa doesn't know what to say.

 

"since you don't *sobs* even care *sobs*. i guess i should just stop lov--" Seohyun couldn't continue. Yonghwa pressed his lips on hers quickly but gently. Seohyun delightfully returned it. they stayed longer than Minhyuk and Jessica. they need to catch their breath so they finally let go.

 

" don't..don't stop loving me. i know i may be selfish but please let me be greedy this time. i may not have you as my wife but i am pleasured to have your love. just--just keep on loving me. and i'll do the same. i don't know how long we'll have to do it but if ever you unintentionally stopped loving me, i would never do it to you. you will be the only one until i die" Yonghwa is tearing up.

 

"oppa, don't.. i want you to enjoy life. i want you to be free. i don't want you to just wait for someone who will never come. i want you to experience how a married couple is like. if i have to push you away i would gladly do it" Seohyun said.

 

"but Hyun, you're all i want" Yonghwa started crying

 

"oppa, mianhe. i care for you so much so i can't let you do this. i have to let you go and that's also what you'll do. if you love me and yourself set both us free. i don't want you to get hurt. i don't know if you'll come to my wedding but here's the invitation card. i will be happy to see you there but i will understand if you wouldn't go" Seohyun left Yonghwa. she's tearing up but she was keeping it contained.

 

while Yongseo are talking, Yoona ran into Jungshin's room "Jonghyun! Jonghyun!" she's waking him up but he's not opening his eyes. Yoona slapped him and woke him up

 

"ahhh!!yah!! didn't you see i'm sleeping?" Jonghyun said in annoyance

 

"Jonghyun i need your advice, i'm freaking out" Yoona is biting her nails and is shaking

 

"hey, calm down okay? sit here and tell me what's going on" Jonghyun noticed how Yoona is panicking so he told her to calm down. Yoona did what Jonghyun asked her to do.

 

"what would you do if you saw something and if you tell everyone, a big problem would occur?" Yoona said.

 

"well, it depends on the problem but if your situation is like what i'm imagining, i would keep my mouth shut. why? what happened?" Jonghyun asked. Yoona didn't answer. she was just frozen like a statue thinking of what she's going to do.


Wedding day of Minhyuk and Seohyun

 

Minhyuk chose Yonghwa as his best man since Yonghwa was always by his side. Yoona and the others are waiting for Seohyun. Minhyuk and Yonghwa looks gloomy. they were just spacing out and nobody seems to be noticing it. Yoona and Jungshin are waiting for Seohyun outside the church. Jonghyun was supposed to be with them but he left them alone still thinking that Yoona likes Jungshin.

 

"hey, Jungshin, what would you do if you saw something and if you tell everyone, a big problem would occur?" Yoona asked

 

"i would shut up of course." Jungshin didn't even think about it thoroughly. Yoona's eyes are wandering thinking if she should follow her guts or go with their advice. she saw a car and ran back inside the church.

 

"she's coming!" Yoona yelled which made Minhyuk nervous.

 

the door opened and everyone was astonished at how beautiful Seohyun looked.she looked like an angel princess; innocent and pure. Yonghwa kind of hesitated to look but soon enough, Seohyun was in front of him, his heart is throbbing so fast that he's being anxious if Minhyuk and the people around him can hear it. Minhyuk was frozen but then Mr. Seo tapped his shoulders and said." take care of her" which brought him to reality.

 

he nodded and gave Seohyun his hand. Seohyun gave a glimpse to Yonghwa. she saw how Yonghwa is trying hard to not ruin this wedding. 'i shouldn't have gave him the letter, i know he's in pain right now' she thought.

 

"we are gathered here to witness the......" the priest started.

 

"if any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter forever hold his peace" Yonghwa is clutching his chest as he feels his heart tightening. he wanna stand up but it will only make Seohyun hate him. Yoona is also hesitating. her legs are shaking and there's a second that she actually lifted her body but she channged her mind.

 

"well then, let's con-" the priest was interrupted.

 

"STOP!" someone stood up. all eyes are on the person and fear is in the person's eyes.


Author's Note:

i am terribly sorry guys! i haven't updated for like almost a month i think.i've been busy with school but here's an update! :DD hopefully this story is still interesting for you. i apologize for any spelling mistakes and wrong grammar, i didn't have time to read it over.

 

ps. who can't wait for Seohyun's first drama? and who can't wait to see Yonghwa act again? I AM!!! my Yongseo feels omg >.< anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter, i was actually thinking of deleting this fanfic because i didn't have inspiration to write again and my mind went blank for like a week. i couldn't think of anything to continue this. but i kind of survived xD school's been hectic lately so i don't know when i'll be able to update.

 

pps. love ya'll <333 thanks for the new subscribers ^^