Chapter 5: Lunch and Such

Be My Fan || New Variety Show || [Story Starting]

After all the girls were revealed, everyone went to take pictures with their “twins” and the boys who created these twins took pictures with their - as they put it - masterpieces.

“MinHae-ssi, come over here,” Chanyeol said. He grabbed her wrist and tugged her over to where he standing with Christine. He took out his phone and had the girls get on either side of him. They did different poses as Chanyeol snapped many pictures of the three of them together. The photo session ended when J-Hope came over and asked to take pictures with his twin. Christine looked over at Chanyeol, as if asking for his permission to go with J-Hope.

“Yeah, were done here,” Chanyeol said, giving a smile that had a hint of derp to it.

Christine headed off with J-Hope while Chanyeol turned his attention to MinHae.

“You make a good me,” he commented.

“Thanks,” MinHae mumbled as she looked away at the ground.

She felt her cheeks becoming red and having all of Chanyeol’s attention was making her smile so much her cheeks were hurting. Chanyeol found this amusing. He reached out and pinched her cheek.

“Look who is shy around their bias,” he cooed.

“I’m not shy,” MinHae argued.

But she still couldn’t look him in the eyes. Over with JiHae, she was done taking all her pictures and she was standing next to Kai but watched as Sunggyu took his pictures with HyeMi and Woohyun.

“So what was is like taking photos with Sunggyu?” Kai asked.

JiHae looked away from Sunggyu and turned to Kai, shocked by his sudden question. She wasn’t sure why he was even curious but he asked and it was an opportunity to gush.

“Like a dream!” JiHae exclaimed. “Thanks for dressing me up so good.”

Kai shrugged his shoulders and dug his hands on his pockets.

“You picked the clothes and everything. D.O. and I just fixed your wig. And it was mostly D.O. who did that.”

His words caused JiHae to laugh. Kai didn’t think it was that funny but hearing her laugh made him smile. D.O. came over and pulled Kai away, leaving JiHae to go back to watching her bias. Once HyeMi was done with Sunggyu and Woohyun, Suho came up and asked for a picture with her.

Soon, all the pictures were taken care of and it was time for lunch. Two teams would be made. The shoppinh team and the cooking team. One team, obviously would obviously do the cooking while the other group went out shopping for food. The teams were decided with rock, paper, scissors and for the most part, everyone was happy with their team. Though Woohyun would have preferred to be on the cooking team. But the teams were as followed.

Cooking team: Kai, D.O., JiHae, SoEun, Sunggyu, Christine, J-Hope, MinHae, SUGA.

Shopping team: Woohyun, Dongwoo, MinYoung, Hoya, HyeMi, Jungkook, Jimin, Suho, Chanyeol.

While the shoppers went shopping, the cooking team sat back and waited. Of course, the girls all changed before heading out. The cookers changed too and the girls were all back in their old clothes. Sunggyu was feeling sad because his Woohyun members weren’t there. So he went over to JiHae because she was his fan.

“How are you doing?” Sunggyu asked.

 JiHae bit back her smile and looked at the floor.

“Good,” she answered.

“That’s good,” Sunggyu said.

He didn’t know what to say next and JiHae didn’t want to make a fool of herself so the two then sat there awkwardly. Over on the other side of the room, Kai and D.O. sat having a conversation of their own.

“Why are you being so nice to JiHae?” D.O. questioned.

“Because I have a soul and I’m friendly unlike certain shorter friends of mine. The point of being here is to make these girls exotics. We can’t do that unless we talk and become friends with them.”

His logic was reasonable but D.O. didn’t believe Kai’s words.

“What else could it mean? We met yesterday! I didn’t even talk to her until today!”

Hearing Kai getting all worked up made D.O. smirk.

“Hey, I never said anything,” he said.

“But you were giving me a look,” Kai grumbled.

Why was it wrong that he was talking to the fans? Wasn’t that the point? He was going to prove his point and called SoEun over. He started a basic conversation with her which she happily kept up.

The shopping team was currently in the store and had split up into the meat group, the vegetable group, and the snack group. Dongwoo, Hoya, and Jungkook were in charge of snacks. It was a father was there with his two little boys as Hoya was constantly putting things back the others put in the cart.

“We should get some doughnuts!” Jungkook exclaimed as he saw the pack of glazed doughnuts on the shelf.

“Oh! Yes!” Dongwoo clapped and grinned like a little boy and looked to Hoya for approval.

“Fine,” Hoya sighed.

He let them put it in the cart as Jungkook pulled out a bag of gummy worms.

“No,” Hoya said and put it back.

He was questioning why he even agreed to be in the snack group. Then he remembered Dongwoo grabbed his hand and pretty much forced him to be on the same group as him. Woohyun, MinYoung, and Jimin were in charge of the beef and it was hard to grab a little bit of everything. But MinYoung managed to keep the boys at bay when it came to choosing meat. Yes, they had to get a lot as they were feeding many mouths – 18 to be exact. And twelve of those mouths belonged to boys. Still, a limit had to be set.

“We aren’t eating beef by itself,” she reminded the boys.

The vegetable group was Suho, HyeMi, and Chanyeol. It was mostly HyeMi and Suho and a whiney Chanyeol who only complained about wanting to be in the snack group.

“Carrots?” Suho asked and picked up a bag of them.

HyeMi nodded in approval and took them from him, adding it to the cart.

“Carrot cake sounds delicious,” Chanyeol pouted and held his stomach as it let out a growl.

Soon they regrouped and went over all the items they had. They went a bit over budget but Suho was generous enough to pay for what wasn’t being covered by the show.

They headed back home where Jungkook and Dongwoo immediately went for the snacks. Hoya was quick to take them away and put them in the kitchen where he banned them from entering for the day.

“You can’t spoil your lunch,” he explained, sounding more like a dad than ever.

MinYoung noticed how Hoya looked annoyed at the two snack lovers and wanted to go over and help. She walked over to Hoya who seemed to be the only one putting away the groceries. Everyone else had joined the others outside to talk about all the items that had been bought.

“Need help?” she asked.

Hoya turned to look at MinYoung and smiled.

“If you don’t mind,” he said.

The two quietly put the food away except for anything that would be used to make today’s lunch. Even though the two didn’t talk, it was a nice quiet. It didn’t feel awkward for the two and MinYoung liked it. The cooking time finally made their way into the kitchen with a game plan and growling stomachs begging them to cook. Hoya and Minyoung got out of their way and let the cookers do their thing.

The cooking team soon turned into a cooking duo as J-Hope and D.O. unknowingly took over everything. J-Hope took over all the cutting and D.O. had his eyes on all of the food cooking. The others gave up and joined everyone else at the table as they waited for their food.

“Why aren’t you cooking?” Jimin asked.

“We got kicked out,” SUGA said.

Soon the group was eating a delicious meal and enjoying themselves as they all got to know each other a bit better. And then MyungYeol was back with the next task of the day.


otl this chapter is like so short.

But I'll be out of town this weekend and school starts Monday for me so I wanted to update before then.

And I just realized that these people have a month to get together and date. So some couples might seemed rushed and for that I'm sorry. I'll try my best to not rush things but not draw things out, okay? Unless, you know, Be My Fan runs longer due to ratings ;3

And today I'm posting Tao because he is so precious and just stop ruining my bias list ugh >.<