The Sundress Plan

Don't Touch My Corn!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable”

-Plato-

 

 

13| The Sundress Plan

 

Why does this kind of thing always happen to me?

 

Why??

 

I always go by the rules. I have never done any bad things to others. I pray continuously. I don’t curse bad words. I take very good care of my father. I don’t go around stealing other girl’s boyfriend.

 

All in all, I have been a very good girl.

 

So why God? WHY?

Why must you make my life so complicated?

I thought you wanted to help me by entering this pretty boy into my life but why did you have to make it all so complicated by having SeungHyun come over?

 

WHY??!!

 

Why not yesterday?

Why not tomorrow?

Why must he come today?!

 

WHY?!!

 

I looked back and forth between SeungHyun and HyunJoong. The former’s eyes were emitting laser while the latter was still smiling like it was all a big fat joke.

 

“Come on in, SeungHyun!” HyunJoong said cheerfully.

 

God, was he blind?

Can’t he see that SeungHyun was ready to chop his head off at the moment?

Doesn’t he have any sense?

 

SeungHyun scowled angrily at him. “You haven’t answered the question. What. The. Fck. Are. You. Doing. Here?!” he asked through gritted teeth.

 

I gulped.

 

A wrong answer from HyunJoong might get all of us killed with SeungHyun’s fiery gaze.

 

Pretty boy smiled widely, as if he was oblivious by the silent threat emitted by SeungHyun’s eyes. “Corn girl invited me here,” he said.

 

I gasped.

 

I swear SeungHyun’s face had turned purple from anger. “C-C-corn girl?” he hissed, “What did you just call her?!” He advanced forward to closer the distance between them. I felt my knees wobbled in fright.

 

Just in the nick of time, my saviour—MinYoung—entered the scene and paved the way for peace. “What are you guys doing at the gate?” she asked.

 

I was never so relieved to have MinYoung’s presence near me. “MinYoung-ah!” I said, albeit too happily, “Look who’s here to see us three. It’s SeungHyun. There were only three of us before and now adding SeungHyun, it will become four. Three plus one is four, MinYoung-ah! The three of us were in the house before, NOT two! It was three!”

 

I emphasized on the word ‘three’ so that SeungHyun would get that there were three of us in the house.

 

MinYoung gave me a look. “I know three plus one is four, I’m not that stupid!” she said, rolling her eyes, “Oppa, why are you here? Don’t you ever wanna come in? It’s so hot out here. Look at Bommie, she’s already sweating like a pig.”

 

That no-good so-called best friend!

As always, she was of no help.

 

I scowled at her. Beside me, I could feel HyunJoong’s body shaking with laughter. SeungHyun, on the other hand, looked a tad bit relieved after seeing that MinYoung was there.

 

“So there were three of you in the house,” he said.

 

“YES! THREE OF US! Me, MinYoung and HyunJoong. THREE!” I yelled excitedly. I couldn’t help myself. I always become fidgety whenever I am nervous and my voice will become high-pitched because of that.

 

“Aish, no need to shout, corn girl!” HyunJoong grumbled, “We’re not deaf.”

 

Again, SeungHyun began to glower at HyunJoong. “Stop calling her corn girl!” he said angrily.

 

“Why can’t I call her that?” HyunJoong inquired, “It’s okay for you to call her that so why can’t I call her ‘corn girl’ too?” He flashed SeungHyun his trademark killer smile.

 

Okay, what the hell is wrong with this nosy pretty boy?!

 

He was either a complete idiot or blind not to have seen how his act of calling me ‘corn girl’ had really annoyed SeungHyun. He was like voluntarily asking to be killed.

 

“If I punch your face, will it make you stop from calling her that?” SeungHyun said, giving HyunJoong a look.

 

HyunJoong didn’t look the least perturbed by SeungHyun’s threat. “You haven’t actually answered my question,” he said.

 

They stood there glaring at each other; their fiery gaze burning one another.

 

I simply didn’t know what to do. I prayed in my heart for all this madness to stop but I simply didn’t know how I could stop it. SeungHyun looked really pissed and I didn’t know how to calm him down. That nosy pretty boy who claimed that he wanted to help me seemed to be making things worse with his carefree attitude. He might be rich and gorgeous but he was dumb nonetheless.

 

No wonder he was chucked to my school.

 

“Seriously? You guys are going to fight about calling her ‘corn girl’?” MinYoung scoffed, “This is going to end up as the most boring fight in history,” she laughed.

 

I wonder how she could laugh amidst the heated environment surrounding us. To my utter amazement, HyunJoong joined in to laugh with her.

 

“I’m off,” SeungHyun said hurriedly, “I’ll see you later, Bom.” He his heels and began to walk away.

 

“B-B-but—” I started but couldn’t quite get my voice to come out.

 

“Come again, SeungHyun!” HyunJoong said cheerfully.

 

I gasped.

 

SeungHyun halted in his steps for a moment before he picked up speed and disappeared around the corner.

 

“YOU!” I yelled angrily at HyunJoong, “I thought you wanted to help me!” I really had the strongest urge to strangle his neck. I began to make my way towards him. “I’m so going to kill you,” I hissed, my voice becoming like Darth Vader from Star Wars. Oh, I really yearn to kill HyunJoong at that moment.

 

“But I am helping you, Bom,” HyunJoong said frightfully. He retreated back a few step and hid behind MinYoung for protection, “Haven’t you noticed that he called you Bom just now?”

 

That made me stop.

 

“Oh my God, I didn’t notice it,” MinYoung exclaimed, “I’ve been waiting so long to hear Oppa calling Bommie by her name. You’re a genius!”

 

HyunJoong jumped out from behind her and smiled widely. “I know,” he said without an ounce of modesty.

 

I’ll see you later, Bom.

 

His voice kept replaying in my head and I felt butterflies in my stomach. HyunJoong was right; SeungHyun did call me by my name.

 

However, for some weird reason, I couldn’t brush off the sinking feeling at the pit of my stomach when I thought about the look on his face when he left.

 

Forgive me Umma, but I’m going to be a murderer today.

 

I’m going to kill HyunJoong!

 

***************

 

“Bommie, talk to me. Why won’t you answer me?” MinYoung asked, her big eyes boring into mine.

“How long is it going to be like this?” HyunJoong asked, stifling a yawn.

 

I crossed my arms and turned to glare at both of them. “I’m giving you guys silent treatment because you two have made me really angry. From now on, I won’t utter a single word to both of you!” I said.

 

“Why me too? He’s the one who was being stupid,” MinYoung said, pointing towards HyunJoong with .

 

“Hey!” HyunJoong protested.

 

“Because you didn’t help me back then. You’re sabotaging my love life,” I said dramatically, “Because of the both of you, my love life is in ruins!”

 

MinYoung rolled her eyes.

 

“You do realize that you’ve just contradicted yourself, don’t you?” HyunJoong said, “You said that you won’t utter another word to us but you just did.”

 

“Hey, you’re right!” MinYoung exclaimed excitedly, “You’re a genius.” She began clapping excitedly, like a kid watching a clown in action.

 

“I know,” HyunJoong grinned.

 

God, why do these two have to be my friends?

Haven’t you seen me suffered enough in this life?

 

“Argh, I give up!” I said in exasperation, throwing my hands to the air, “I’m going to die as an old thanks you two.”

 

“Hey, hey! She speaks again!” HyunJoong cheered and high-fived MinYoung. Then he flashed me a toothy grin, “Don’t worry, Bom,” he said, “He’s not really angry. He’s annoyed because he’s jealous of me.”

 

“He’s jealous of you?” I scoffed, trying hard to contain my laughter. It sounded too absurd to even think that SeungHyun would be jealous of HyunJoong. “That’s ridiculous!” I exclaimed, “SeungHyun is a handsome kingka while you’re just the nosy pretty boy musician new guy. What’s there to be jealous of you?” I laughed.

 

HyunJoong rolled his eyes. “I’m going to pretend that I didn’t hear what you just said. Besides, I just knew that you’d think that way,” he said, “He’s not really jealous of me, Bom. He’s actually jealous at the thought of me being with you. He thinks that there’s something going on between us so that’s why he’s going out of his mind just now. Your beloved kingka is a very jealous person, I must say.”

 

I blinked. Beside HyunJoong, MinYoung was seen clapping at his words—she looked really fascinated by HyunJoong. “You’re really smart!” she praised again.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

“How can you be so sure?” I asked, “I thought he was just angry because you called me corn girl.”

 

HyunJoong shook his head. “You’re really clueless. Probably this is because you eat too much corns!”

 

“Hey, don’t blame my corns!” I protested, “My corns have got nothing to do with all this. Leave them alone!”

 

HyunJoong groaned loudly. “Whatever. Bottom line, Bom, SeungHyun is jealous so that means our plan is working. Before long, he’ll be yours. That’s what you want, isn’t it?” he asked.

 

“That’s right!” I nodded enthusiastically and then I realized that something was amiss. “Hey, why are you doing all this? You haven’t really told us,” I said to him. I suddenly realized that his reason for wanting to help me was still a mystery. It was kinda suspicious to think that he wanted to help me without any reason.

 

HyunJoong smiled sadly, a faraway look in his eyes. “Because you remind me of someone,” he said quietly.

 

MinYoung blinked.

 

“Who?” I gasped. I was already readying myself to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter