Back to Square One

When You Realize It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Back to Square One

Lu Zhin's POV

I tried to run as fast as I could as soon as I was able to escape from the abandoned building yet my phase was slow because of the pain from the tightness of the ropes that tied my hands and legs on the chair I was sitting earlier on.

"Hey come back here!" That crazy woman tries to chase me.

Luck doesn't have my side when the bracelet that Luhan gege gave me was hooked on I just don't know how it ended up there. The bracelet's lock broke but I wasn't able to get it back because I know that if I come back there will be more chances for that woman to catch me again.

I was still running until I saw an place full of residents. I was about to get help until I felt something sting on my shoulder which I later realized that the woman shot me with her gun. Everything was so fast that I wasn't aware that a car had hit me. For a few seconds I was able to look at the time... 2:01 am.

I thought the driver would be kind enough to give help but no. He just ran afraid of being accused. I rolled at the sidewalk weeping and crying for help. The last thing I heard was a car stopping near me and after that I wasn't aware of anything.

 

Lu Han's POV

Yixing came with me and my father at the site where we were able to track where dad's sister was. While going there a shiny thing captured my eye. It was the bracelet I gave Lu Zhin for her birthday. I broke down, seeing it. I failed to protect her. Although I was able to keep her away from the government discovering her true identity. My father saw me and broke down too. Yixing who came a few minutes later couldn't accept the fact that she's gone.

"I'm sorry Lu Zhin." I whispered to the bracelet as if it was her. "I wasn't able to protect you."

***

The police left after investigating the area. They said they were able to track the woman who kidnapped my sister and her allies. My dad left to come with the police and inform my mother about the incident which I think she wouldn't be able to handle easily.

"It's all my fault." I suddenly heard someone telling me while sitting beside me. The very exact place I found Lu Zhin's bracelet. I then noticed it was Yixing.

"No it wasn't." I replied. "It's my fault anyways. I didn't protect her as much as I can."

 

Yixing's POV

"Do you know why my dad came instead of you know... Lu Zhin's dad?" Lu Han asked. Come to think of it, it seemed like she was more of family to Lu Han. Lu Zhin seemed closer to Lu Han's pare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter