Yellow bunny pajamas

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 6 – Yellow bunny pajamas

JIYONG’S POV

 

Why do I even feel bad about it? Tch. That girl is a walking bad-vibes – I should be happy that she heard what Sohee and I talked about.

 

I just stare at my room’s ceiling. Aish its 10 pm already and I can’t sleep a blink. I still have class tomorrow. Aish.

 

I just get Dara’s iTouch from the drawer and just listen to some songs.

Actually this thing has a lock code – err good thing its just the same of her locker. Psh pabo.

 

And honestly, since she hand me her itouch I started to like rock songs and bands. If you will check Dara’s playlist – its all rock songs: Paramore, Linkin Park, Avril etc. Well some songs are nice – its just that when the first time I listen to it – I think my ears started to bleed.

 

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

 

“Come in.” I said as I open the door. “Oh. Halmeoni? Why are you still awake?” Yes. My Halmeoni is staying with us at home since Harabeoji died.

 

“Jiyong-ah... Son, could you go to the drugstore in the corner lot? Mianhe... I just noticed that I don’t have the enough medicine for tonight.” She told me.

“Arraso Halmeoni. I’ll be back in a bit.”

“Kamsamhida..”

 

 

I just grabbed a hoodie and went outside our house. The drugstore is just a 3 minute walk from our house. Not far though.

 

“Kamsamhida!” I thanked the lady at the counter after getting the medicines.

 

 

Just on the side of the drugstore is a convenience store – might as well I grab some chips or snack. Since I might not sleep tonight.

 

 

 

When I was about to pay for the chips—

 

 

“Dara?” I was surprised. Since its really late in the evening and out of all places she’s here. Alone...

 

 

AND SHE’S JUST WEARING HER YELLOW BUNNY PAJAMAS.

 

 

 

IS THIS GIRL SERIOUS????

 

 

“Yo.” She lazily greeted.

“What are you doing here?” I asked—Nonono wrong question Jiyong—

“Obviously, I’m buying something.” Tsk. See? “Are you gonna pay or what?” She asked.

“Deh. But go ahead. You can pay first.” I told her.

 

When she placed everything in the counter I noticed that she bought a lot of skittles and a pack of chocolate milk.

 

“Here’s your change Dara.” Told the cashier. She knows her? Is she always here? At this time of the night?

 

Well no wonder no one is bothered by her pajamas.

 

When I’m done paying I noticed that Dara just went to sit on the side and started eating.

 

 

Wait. Is she gonna stay there like that?

 

 

“Hey.” I called. “Are you just gonna stay here?”

She just looked at me blankly “Huh?” She asked while sipping on her choc drink. Absent minded. Tch.

“I said... Are you just gonna stay here? Arent you going home?”

“Neh.” Then she turned her face away from me and just looked ahead blankly.

 

“Its too late. Go home. Its dangerous.” Its true, even if this girl is a walking bad vibes. She’s still a girl.

“Nope.” Wow ha. One word answer.

“Your parents might be looking for you by this time. Look its already 10:30.”

“Could you not? Stop annoying me.” She said and take another sip from her drink... but she already consumed everything.

 

So I leave her for a while and get another 1 for her to drink

 

“Here.” And hand her the chocolate drink.

“Kamsamhida.” She bowed and started drinking..

 

Wow. Thats new. No side comment at all. 

 

AND SHE BOWED.

 

For goodness' sake I should remember this precious night. LOL.

 

 

 

I just stood there for a while and she kept spacing out. So I decided to sit beside her. Might as well stay for a while.

 

“Are you not going home? Its really late.. Your parents might be looking for you--”

“My parents aren’t at home.” She said.

 

Tch. Thats why youre loitering around at this time. Tch. Kidsss.

 

“You shouldn’t go out at this time especially when your parents aren’t at home--”

“My parents aren’t at home.. they’re never at home.” She said still facing ahead.

 

Hul. What did she said?

 

“You..You don’t have—parents?” I asked.

“Technically.” Aish... This one word answer is getting irritating.

“What about relatives?”

“I have.” Well thats two words.

“So, you have your relatives at home?”

“Nope.”

 

 

 

AISH. This is getting boring by sec.

 

“So you’re alone at your home.”

“I’m alone at my house.” She said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What?

 

 

 

Er...

 

 

She’s living by herself?

 

 

 

Alone??

 

 

 

“You’re just alone---”

“YEAH. I’m just alone since forever. Aish You’re annoying.”

 

Then I look at her candies and milk.

 

Dont tell me, that her supper??

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter