Lets play ball

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 18 – Lets play ball

 

BOM’S POV

We’re having our lunch in our usual spot here in the cafeteria. Together with Daesung, Seungri and the lovebirds.

 

Who else?

 

Of course its Dara & Seunghyun.

 

Its been 2 weeks since the day they became a couple and I tell you... they’re been acting extra sweet to each other since then – well as for Dara’s case even if she usually shrug Seunghyun off, seeing her share her food/drink to him – I already consider it as extra sweet. Hello? Knowing her??? THATS A BIG DEAL ALREADY. HAHAHA.

 

And its also been 2 weeks that Jiyong is not joining us during breaks. Well, there was at least one time that he joined us, when Seunghyun & Seungri was called to the gym by their coach (because they are one of the Darien’s varsity players) for a meeting about the sport fest. So automatically as Seunghyun’s girlfriend – Dara went too. So it was just Daesung and I that time – I was kinda feeling awkward since Daesung is not that talkative (at least to me) but we’re both surprised when we saw Jiyong sitting boringly in our usual spot.

 

“Yah! I thought I’m going to eat my lunch alone here.” I remembered what he said.

 

I just looked at Daesung with my brows furrowed that time but he just shrugged and sits across Jiyong.

 

“What do you mean Jiyong?” I asked him as I take the seat beside him. “You’re totally MIA these past few days! I thought you were avoiding us—”

“Huh?” He said as he stared at me. “Why do you think I’m avoiding you—”

“Hello?! You weren’t joining us during break time! You don’t even show yourself after class. Yah! Are you mad with us—”

“Aniyo Noona... You’re thinking too much.” He smiled – but it didn’t reach his eyes.

 

That’s when I noticed that Jiyong’s eyes looks sad. No. His face looks sad and I noticed that his aura changed a bit. The cheeriness and his gummy smiles weren’t there anymore.

 

“Yah.. Do you have a problem Jiyong?” I asked as I looked to his food – its still untouched.

 

I just stared at him and also observe that his cheekbones are becoming more prominent. He become a little skinnier compare before.

 

“You know you can always tell noona.” I assured him. “I’m a lot softer than Dara. I’m just gonna listen to you don’t worry I wont slap you in the face—” Then he startled.

“What--?” He asked – he looks alarmed.

“Aniyo. I’m just kidding. I just remember how you always ‘palm’ each other’s faces.” I kidded – trying to lighten up the mood.

 

We went silent for a while and I noticed that Daesung isn’t uttering a word. He’s just staring at Jiyong – like he’s reading Jiyong... Actually I really don’t know. Daesung is a bit alien – I guess.

 

“Ah...” Jiyong sighed. “I’m just... busy.” He said as he smiled at me – the same lonely smile.

“Are you sure Jiyong?” I asked – totally not buying it. Even though Jiyong and I aren’t that close like him and Dara. Its still obvious that he’s lying!

“Yeah. Yeah. There’s a lot of work in the headquarters and we had a problem with our batch’s retreat so we’re kinda double working things now since it was move for the next month. On the other hand, we’re still preparing for the Sport fest this coming week. It was crazy inside the headquarters.”

 

Really?

 

“Arasso. Just don’t stress yourself too much.”

 

 

 

“YAH! BOMMIE-AH”

 

I was shocked when I felt something hit my head... It was a bread.

 

“YAH!! Why did you hit me?!” I exclaimed at Dara.

“I’ve been calling you few times already.” She said as she gets the bread from the table and she’s about to it it when Seunghyun grabbed it from her.

“Dara-ah! That’s dirty already.”

“Eww. Really Dara.” I said but she just rolled her eyes at me and snatched the bread from Seunghyun’s hand.

“5 seconds hasn’t passed yet. Its clean—” But Seunghyun immediately grabbed it again and throw it to the nearest trash bin.

“Yah! So if it was dropped in the ground full of poo and 5 seconds hasn’t passed you’re still gonna eat it?” He asked and raised a brow.

“Tch. Of course not.” Dara muttered with disgust in her face. “Its in the ground full of poo you idiot.” She said as she slaps Seunghyun’s hand.

“Aish. Stubborn.” Seunghyun muttered and ‘palm’ Dara’s face.

 

Dara’s eyes immediately turn wide with what he did and I dont know why the atmosphere became a little awkward.

 

“Uh...” I started – not sure what to say. “Dara-ah... Lets get going! We still need to change for our PE class.” I stated.

“Waaa. Do we have PE today?! Aish.” she exclaimed.

 

Well... you know, Dara really hates PE – well not the subject but with what sport is assigned to our batch. For girls its volleyball, while for boys its basketball of course.

 

“Enough of the blabber, lets go.”

“Arasso.” She said as she face the guys. “We’ll go ahead first, I’ll see you guys later.” She smiled and face Seunghyun. “I’ll see you later TOP.”

 

As we walk to our classroom, Dara’s brows are still furrowed. I cant help not to laugh with her face – its just so... UGLY. HAHAHAHAHA.

 

“Yah! Stop that. You’re getting uglier by second—” when she suddenly pinch my arm. “Aww” I winced.

“Tss.”

“Yah! Yah! Dont be too agitated, Sportfest is just around the corner – at least you can now play basketball since the sport is quite near.” As if on cue, Dara’s face immediately lit up.

 

Tsk. This girl really.

 

Believe it or not Dara’s pretty good with basketball. I really don’t know how it happened (considering her height. HAHAHAHA) but I remember every summer break whenever I go to the province to visit my relatives – I always bring Dara with me. There, she will play basketball with my guy cousins and I tell you... she’s really good. Swear.

 

Well I guess, its because of her petite body that she can move fast inside the court.

 

“Aish. I just wish that Mr. Geum will just let us play basketball right away. Aish! I cant take volleyball!” she muttered.

 

**

 

It was time for our PE class and Mr. Geum is still not here.

 

Hmm... that’s weird. Co’z he usually on time—

 

As if answering my question, Coach Sung suddenly walk inside our class room. Coach Sung is Darien’s Varsity coach.

 

“Alright yereobun. Settle down please.” In a snap everyone went to their respective seats and the class went quiet.

 

He’s known for being strict and... well terror.

 

“Omygod. I think there will be no PE class. Mr Geum might be absent.” Dara whisper.

“Ssh. Stay quiet. He might hear us.”

“No volleyball? This is so my day.” Dara continued.

 

Aish. This girl is really crazy.

 

“So.. maybe you’re all wondering why I’m here.” Coach Sung started. “Mr. Geum got into an accident last night and I’m sad to say that he might not be able to attend class for the next 2 months.”

 

“Omigod. This is totally my day.” Dara whisper with a mischievous smile on her face.

“Seriously. Dara, stop it. He might caught us.”

 

“So... the faculty agreed that since the sport fest is near, I’ll just handle the whole batch’s PE class.” Coach Sung said as he looked around our classroom. “Anyway... Its not gonna be a problem since you’re not that many and the 3 sections have the same PE schedule—”

 

“BWO?!!!” I was really shocked with Dara’s reaction. SHE JUST SHOUTED RIGHT AT COACH SUNG.

 

IS THIS GIRL CRAZY?!!!

 

“Yah! Dara! What the hell is wrong with you.” I hissed under my breathe.

“Is there a problem Ms—”

“Park.” Dara stated – still not minding the fact that she’s talking to a teacher or the Coach Sung.

 

Before Dara is about to do something stupid again. I immediately beat her off.

“Mianhe Coach Sung... Dara here is uh... a little excited—” I said – trying my best to avoid any misunderstanding.

“What the hell Bom??”

“Just shut up Dara. Im. So. Gonna. Kill. You. Later.” I hissed with wide eyes.

 

Coach Sung just eyed us and went back to his talking. “Anyway, as I was saying a while ago... You’ll be participating the class with 4-A & 4-B. So please 4-C fall in line outside. Lets go to the gym.”

 

“What the hell is wrong with this day???” Dara muttered as we make our way outside the classroom.

 

So what happened to the this is so my day day??? Lol.

 

**

 

“No way.” Dara hissed as we reached the gym.

 

When we reached the gym, the other 2 sections were already there. Some are playing balls already while some are just in the bleachers chit-chatting.

 

Our gym is quite big – since inside there’s a basketball court on the right while there’s another court in the left (for volleyball or tennis)

 

As Dara and I walk to the bleachers I could immediately feel the intense glare of the group of girls in the corner.

 

“.” I muttered as I saw Sohee and her friends glaring at us.

 

I still couldn’t forget what happened in Mcdo and I’m still blaming myself for what happened. I didn’t have the chance to speak for us – Aish.

 

“EVERYONE! PLEASE GO TO THIS SIDE OF THE BLEACHERS. I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE.” Coach Sung shouted as he try to gather us.

 

Well the batch’s population isn’t that big. Maybe we’re around 60-70 or so. So we’re not really that many.

 

“Noonaaaaaaaas!!” Seungri shouted as he makes his way towards us.

 

Its pretty obvious that the first section isn’t in their friendly state whenever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter