A date with Kwon Ji Yong

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 34 - A date with Kwon Ji Yong

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

*burp*

 

“Now that’s what we called traditional Korean dinner.” Dara said just after she burped noisily then slump on her chair.

 

I was caught off guard with the burp she made as I stare at her in utter shock.

 

“What?” she asked as she raised a brow.

“Did you just burp?” I asked in horror.

“Tch. So what? It’s not like it’s the first time you heard a burp or hear me burp.” She explained nonchalantly while relaxing like a boss on her chair.

“I know but this is the loudest by far Dara—”

“YAH!!!!” she exclaimed as she slap my side.

“Yah. Yah. Why so mad.” I said as I rub my side.

 

 

 

 

 

“How come you burp louder than me—”

“KWON JIYONG!!!”

 

 

~*~

 

 

“Let’s go back there Jiyong! Let’s bring Bom and the others next time. I’m sure Bom will love the food there.” She said happily as we walk towards the car.

“I’m glad you enjoy the food Dara.”

“Of course! It’s a food, Jiyong.” She said and stuck her tongue out.

“Yah!—”

“C’mon! Let’s move! We’re we going next?” she excitedly asked.

 

Looking at how enthusiastic she is right now makes me feel glad.

Compare to a while ago, her aura now is a lot brighter and she really enjoyed the food inside – heck she ate a lot!

 

You just have to be yourself Jiyong. That’s what she wants.

 

“It’s a surprise.” I said as I grabbed her hand. “Kaja!”

 

 

~*~

 

 

“Seriously.” Dara hissed as soon as we got out of the car. “Do you honestly think that I love to shop Jiyong?”

 

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

As soon as she realized that I brought her to Dongdaemun Market, she already has a scowl on her face.

 

“Aniyo.” I muttered nonchalantly.

“THEN WHY ARE WE HERE?!”

“It’s not just an all shopping Dara.” I said as I grabbed her hand. “We could do food-tripping here and there are a lot of bands playing here tonight.”

“Okay… YAH! You’re being too comfy in holding my hand Jiyong!”

“Tch. As if you don’t like holding mine.”

“YAH!!!!”

 

 

~*~

 

 

“Aish. I should have bought the chocolate flavor.” Dara said while she’s eating the Strawberry flavored ice cream cone. “This is not as yummy as I expected.”

 

We just got back from the Ice Cream Parlor – since it’s the first stall we saw and she suddenly crave for an ice cream.

 

After 20 minutes of weighing what flavor to buy, she ended up choosing the strawberry over chocolate. AND NOW, she’s keeps on blabbing that she should have bought the chocolate one.

 

“Aish. You’re almost done with that and you’re saying that it’s not as yummy as you expected? CHINCHA?” I sarcastically said.

“Yah! You just don’t waste food Kwon Jiyong.” She said as she points the ice cream on me – which I immediately grab. “YAH!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY ICE CREAM—”

 

Before she could react further, I just hand her my ice cream and continue to eat her ice cream.

 

As soon as she saw me eating her ice cream she suddenly stop walking.

 

“Oh? What’s the matter?”

“W—what are y—you doing?” she asked – looking absolutely confused and shocked.

“Wae?”  I replied while eating her ice cream.

“Y—you are e—eating myyy ice cream—”

 

“Eh? I thought you like the chocolate flavor?” I asked as I nod to the ice cream she’s now holding. “That’s chocolate.”

“But… I already slurp that thing already.” She said still lost of what just happened.

“So?” I asked as I lean forward to her face.

“What so?” she retorted as she step back from me. “Saliva Jiyong. Saliva.”

“What’s the matter?” I hushed as I step closer to her again.

 

As soon as my face came closer to hers, she immediately flush.

 

Cute.

 

Giving her a lopsided smile. I :

 

“As if we haven’t kissed before Noona~” And tap a little amount of strawberry ice cream on her lips and then…

 

 

 

it.

 

 

 

 

“See?” I teased as I step back from her. “The strawberry is just as yummy as I expected.” I mimicked and immediately turn away from her.

 

 

 

1…

 

 

 

 

2…

 

 

 

 

3…

 

 

 

 

“KWON JI YONG!!!!!!!!”

 

 

~*~

 

 

“I’m so not gonna talk to you Kwon.” She continued to hiss as she walks away from me.

“Dara~~ I’m just joking okay.”

“Not.funny.” she said and crossed her arms.

 

As soon as I caught up with her I immediately hold her wrist.

 

I was about to say something when I noticed how cold she is—

 

“Yah. You’re freezing.” I said as I rub my hands to her arms.

 

Aish. Of course she’s freezing. She’s wearing a dress in this kind of weather.

 

“I’m not—” before she could even say anything, I instantaneously remove my jacket and put it over her. “Y—you don’t have to Jiyong—”

“Ani… It’s okay. You might catch a cold if you won’t wear this.” I said while closing the jacket properly.

“Eh? What about you? You might catch a cold—”

“Ani. I’m not cold.”

“Tch. What are you? A cyborg? C’mon let’s buy you something.”

 

 

~*~

 

 

“Ahjumma. How much is this?” Dara asked holding the white beanie.

“That’s 9,000 WON young lady.” She said.

 

Author’s Note: I’m not really sure with the currency forgive me HAHA.

 

“Arasso. I’ll get this Ahjumma.” She’s about to reach for her wallet when I stopped her and told me that I’ll be paying for it. “It’s okay Jiyong. I’ll buy this for you. Consider it a gift for today.” She said.

“Aniyo~~~” I whined like a kid and shook my head furiously.

 

Here goes my child antics again~

 

“How cute~~” I heard the Ahjumma said while looking at us. “Why don’t you get this couple beanies here?” she offered while pointing at the pairs of beanie on her left. “These are much cheaper if you buy a pair, compare to this one.” She explained.

 

And yes, on the left side of her stall – they sell a lot of couple items.

 

“We could also stich your names on the back if you want to.” The old lady added.

 

Yeah. Indeed a couple thing.

 

*smug*

 

Before I could even react Dara already beat me to it.

 

“We.are.not.getting.this.Kwon.” she hissed – enough for me to hear it as she glares at me.

 

 

This is the real date with Kwon Ji Yong, Dara.

 

You have no choice.

 

 

 

 

 

“We.are.so.getting.this.Park.” I smirked and grab her to my side.

 

 

“Arasso. We’re getting a pair Ahjumma!” I enthusiastically said.

“Jiyong!!!!—”

 

 

~*~

 

 

“Are you for real Kwon??!” I heard Dara hissed as soon as we received the final product.

 

 

“NOONA?!!!!” she exclaimed as she drastically show the taupe beanie to me that we currently both have.

 

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

 

You might be wondering what did I asked for the Ahjumma to stitch.

 

 

For mine its,

 

다라’s 오빠

Dara’s oppa

 

 

For Dara its,

 

누나’s 지용

Jiyong’s noona

 

 

 

“ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!” she yelled.

“Wae?” I cheekily asked. “It’s cute what?”

“I’m not going to wear this you pabo—”

 

But before she could even turn her back I already grab her hand and kiss her nose.

 

Like I expected, instantly she stopped whining and completely freeze on her spot – having this chance, I gently place the beanie on her head and carefully settle it on her ears.

 

“Here. Its fits you well.” I said as I tap her nose before wearing mine.

 

 

“Aren’t we look cute together Ahjumma?” I asked the lady in front of us.

“Deh. Deh. You both look good together young man.” She said and gave us thumbs up.

 

“Arasso. We should get going Ahjumma. Kamsahamnida!” I bowed and place my arms on Dara’s shoulders as we continue to roam around Dongdaemun Market.

 

 

~*~

 

 

We’ve been roaming around the night market for almost 2 hours and we’re sooo full because of eating every street food we see.

 

YES. WE’RE LIKE WALKING PIGLETS. HAHAHA.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter