Now or never

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anyeong~

Hurray!! Finally some DARAGON moments lol. HAHA.

Aigoo... please bear in mind that the characters in the story are in their "teen" years. They're all senior high school yeorobun.

Some of them might be too shallow or too serious. Ya know. :P

Chapter 20 – Now or never

 

DARA’S POV

 

Seunghyun and I are now on our way to my apartment, we’re done dropping the others so its now just the two of us.

 

“Have you seen Daesung a while ago? He’s dead glued on his phone and he’s texting nonstop!” I stated as I remember how Daesung kept on smiling the entire time as he keep on keying in his phone. Well... I’m observing him and Seunghyun the entire time back in Seunghyun’s house – you know, just checking whether there will be another brawl coming up. Its better be safe. Mehehe.

“Yah!” he exclaimed as he slightly tap my hand. “Dont tell me you’ve been checking Daesung out all night back there?”

“BWO?! Aniyo~ Its not what I mean... I just think that Daesung already moved on... You know with what happened?”

“Yeah you’re right. He’s back to the old Daesung. There’s no awkwardness anymore... Well maybe he already forgot about So Hyun— Oops. Sorry. Bad word.” Seunghyun teased.

“BWO?” I muttered as I cross my arms in front of me. “Seriously.. Seunghyun that’s nothing. I already forgot about it.”

 

“That fast?” he asked as he stare at me for a second.

“Yah! Eyes on the road you idiot!” I hissed. We went quiet for a couple of seconds that’s when I decided to explain myself. “Well Seunghyun... we didn’t become an official couple at the first place and I’m not really sure how do I supposed to call us back then... But lets just forget it arasso?”

“Why?” He asked softly. “Is it because there’s no sparks?—”

 

Did I hear it right?

 

Sparks?

 

SPARKS??

 

WHAT THE HELL?

 

”Wae??” He asked. His thick eyebrows furrowed as I stare at him in disgust.

“Are you seriously kidding me??” I said. Trying my best not to laugh with what he just said. “Of all people Seunghyun... You’re gonna ask me if there’s no sparks?” HAHAHAHAHA. WHAT THE HELL? What is he? A girl? HAHAHAHAHA. For goodness’ sake. “Do you honestly believe there is such thing as sparks?” I asked as I exaggeratedly shower him with imaginary sparks with my hands.

 

“Wae??? You didn’t really see any sparks when you look at me?” He asked as I saw all the seriousness in his face. IS HE NOT GONNA STOP ASKING ABOUT THAT? HAHAHAHAHA.

“TOP.” I started – still trying my best not to laugh. “There’s no such thing as sparks.” I explained.

“Really??” He exclaimed – still not letting this sparks subject passed. “You know... sparks? The feeling like you’re bolted or something... Like you felt something electrifying or grounding you? You didn’t experience that with me??”

 

Bolted?

 

Electrifying?

 

Grounding?

 

Well... It kinda felt familiar.

 

“Well you know... most of my ex-girlfriends told me that they always see sparks in me.” He proudly said and smirked.

“I hate to break this to you Seunghyun-ssi.” I stated as I gather all the gravity in my face. “If they’re indeed serious to you... They wont see the sparks that you’re boasting about... They should see your face.” And started laughing. Aigoo. My tummy. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

But I noticed that he’s not laughing. Of course, on cue I stopped since he looks stoic.

 

“Maybe that’s why nobody takes me seriously.” He muttered.

“They’ll take you seriously Seunghyun... if you’re gonna take them seriously too.” I said as I looked at the scenery outside the window.

 

“Really? Then why is that I’m already sincere this time but you just turned me down...”

“Huh? What did you said?”

“Tch. Nothing.” He muttered. “I just said we’re here.”

 

And just then when I noticed that we’re already in front of my apartment.  I was about to go out of the car when he said. “Wait.” As he gets out of the car and open the door immediately for me.

“Tch. What are you doing?” I asked as I stepped out of the car.

“Being the best boyfriend.” He said and winked.

“I’m not buying you’re best boyfriend gesture.” I kidded and stuck my tongue out. “Anyway... thanks for the ride!” I said as we walk towards the gate.

“Of course. Will I even let you commute at this hour?” He smirked.

“Tch. Kamsamnhida Ahjussi.” I teased as I bow at him.

“BWO?!!!—”

“Aish. I’m just kidding okay? Spoilsport.” He just ruffled my hair and tap my shoulder.

“Oh.. go inside now so that you can rest early.” He said. “Goodnight!”

“Good night! Drive carefully arasso? And be safe!” I waved.

“Arasso.”

 

I was about to turn and walk inside when suddenly a pair of arms pulled.

 

“Wait.” He said and kissed my forehead.

 

What..

 

 

What’s that for?

 

 

 

“Sleep well.” He smiled. “Don’t think too much about me arasso? You might not be able to sleep if that’s the case.” He snickered as he turn towards the driver’s side of the car.

 

“YEOJACHINGU SARANGHAE!” He shouted.

 

What the hell???

 

 

AISH. THIS GUYYYYYY!!!!

 

 

“YAH!!!! You’ll disturb the neighbours!!!” I shouted.

“Ssh. Dont shout! You’re gonna disturb them.” He teased as he went inside his car.

 

 

 

 

YAH!!!!

 

 

But he immediately left.

 

 

 

This guy really—

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara...”

 

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

To: Dara

Can I meet you in the convenience store? I’m on my way.

 

I just wore my hoodie and a beanie as I sprang outside the house.

 

This is now or never. I thought.

 

Flashback...

 

“Mianhe... But I feel like I’m dying already.” There. I said it.

 

I just keep my head low and stare in the ground as I held onto her arms.

 

“Ji—Jiyong... What are you saying?—”

“Dara... Believe me... Listen to me—”

 



 

 

 

 

 

“Oppa!!”

 

I turned my head to look at the voice’s direction...

 

Its Sohee...

 

“I should leave.” Dara muttered as she stepped back away from me.

“B—but...”

“She’s waiting.” And just like that she left.

 

End of Flashback...

 

 

This is now or never. I chanted like a mantra in my head.

 

I need to say it now.

I need to confess to her now... While everything is still certain... While my feelings are still certain... While my mind is still certain.

 

I don’t care about what might happen. I just want her to know.

 

In just 5 minutes I reached the convenience store in the intersection. I immediately went inside and look for her...

 

 

 

 

 

But there’s no sign of her.

 

Where are you Dara?

 

 

 

Tss. Maybe she just need to fix something. She’s on her way. I thought, as I sited in one of the chairs in the side.

 

5 minutes...

 

 

 

10 minutes...

 

 

Maybe she just took a bath...

She’ll be on her way right after... I thought.

 

 

 

20 minutes...

 

Maybe she’s preparing to leave and she’s on her way already... That girl is always late anyway. I thought.

 

30 minutes...

 

 

 

Maybe she’s not coming?...

 

 

 

No. This cant be.

 

**

 

I decided to waste no time and just go straight to her apartment. Just when I was about to reach her place I noticed the familiar black car...

 

 

Seunghyun’s

 

 

 

So I hide myself first in the nearby tree.

 

I know this is practically stupid, but I don’t want hyung to know that I’m here – it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter