The Wedding

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10 - The Wedding

 

SCHOOL WEEK

 

“Let’s do our best seniors! This will be our last School Week! Give your best shot!” I said as I dismissed our batchmates from our last meeting for the school week.

 

It’s Monday – First day of our School Week. That’s why I’m little tense and stress, co’z this is it. All the planning and preparation we made. This is all be it.

 

“Don’t worry. Everything will be fine.” Sohee said. “You did great facilitating everyone.” She assured me.

“I hope so. I hope everything will run smoothly.”

“Chill. Have fun. Still, its our School Week. You should at least enjoy yourself.” She said and waved goodbye.

 

Maybe she’s on her way to the booth assigned to her.

 

She’s right. I should go and have some fun. I shouldn’t be stress. I planned everything well, we planned everything well.

 

Well, if youre wondering what a School Week is. It is the day when the school was founded – we have bazaars, booths, some rides and a lot more. Anything that our school Darien could offer—

 

 

 

I was just surprised when suddenly I was blind folded and handcuffed.

 

“Sorry Mr. President, but we have to get you.” The voice on my side said as she holds my handcuffs – in the tone of her voice I’m sure she’s feeling afraid of what she’s doing.

“I’m really sorry President, but the girl’s really desperate--” another girl added.

“Shut up. We’re not supposed to say anything about the requestor.”

 

Don’t worry, I’m kind of used to this. Every school week it will be around 10-15 times that I will end up like this – to the Marriage Booth.

 

If someone wants to get married at you, he/she will pay certain amount. Then, the booth holders will look or more like hunt the groom/bride – forcedly. But if you’ll get married, you have the opt to blindfold your partner or not. Its the payer’s choice.

 

But in my experience, in a rate of 9 out 10 – I’m always blindfolded.

 

I tried to escape a lot of times but in the end, I pity the booth holders since they’re the one who will be blamed if they’re not successful.

 

“Don’t worry, its all good.” I assured them

 

We walked for about 3 minutes, I could feel that were somewhere near the fields.

Then we stopped. Maybe were in the booth already—

 

 

“HE’S HERE!!! OMO!!” I was surprise by the sudden scream of girls on my side.

“YAAAAAH!!!” Aiiish. I think my ears are about to bleed—

 

 

 

 

“So let’s begin the ceremony...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

WHAT.

 

 

 

That voice.

 

 

 

 

“Dara??” I said – still blindfolded.

“Shut up Jiyong. You’re in the middle of ceremony.” She said seriously. What the . Don’t tell me. “You’re the priest?” HAHAHAHA! Seriously? Cant they get anyone to do this?? “You got to be kidding me--”

 

 

 

When suddenly someone punch me in my side—

 

 

“Ouch--”

“Yah!!” The voice in my front shouted – maybe my fake bride.

“Do you want to continue this ceremony or what?” Dara asked irritated.

“D-deh. Of course.” My fake bride immediately said.

 

 

 

 

“Ehem.” Dara cleared . “Do you, someone too desperate to pay 20000 WON to marry this stupid guy on your left--”

“DARA?!” I glared.

 

(Author’s Note: I’m not really sure with the Korean currency mehehe.)

 

“YAH!” the fake bride protested.

“You’re disturbing me! Do you want me to name you or what?” Dara muttered.

“O—Of course not! Go! You may continue.”

 

 

“Do you really want him to be your fake-husband in the stupidest and... well uh--... just plainly stupid... Uh--- ‘til you vomit and die?” WHAT?

“I do--”

“Seriously Dara, don’t you have any script or what for this thing?” I said.

“This is what you call impromptu mister Tsk— just say the same thing.” She hissed obviously annoyed with what she’s doing.

“Fine fine.” I said – doesn’t really care at all.

“You may now kiss the bride--”

 

“YIEEEEE!!!” another scream from my side – maybe they’re my fake bride’s friends.

“I don’t want to.” I said.

“Just in the cheeks President! Please????” another voice said.

“I just don’t want to.” I insisted.

“Aw. Poor you.” Dara dramatically said – maybe to the fake bride.

 

 

 

THIS GIRL IS SUCH A MEANIE.

 

“The ceremony

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter