Death

Meet Me Halfway (Season 1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know some of you guys thought that the story is about to end...

But I could honestly tell you right now, 

This is just a beginning of something new ;)

And I'm really excited about it :) ENJOY~~

 

Chapter 35 - Death

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

“…will you please be my girlfriend?” The moment it escaped my lips, I thought my knees turned into jelly. My heart is beating furiously inside my chest as I hold onto her hands as if my dear life depends on it.

 

Please say yes, please say yes. I chant in my head like a mantra as I continue to gaze at her with all the hope in my eyes—

 

 

But I suddenly feel that I was out of air – I couldn’t breathe. My eyes turned into saucers as I watch her snatched her hands back.

 

No…

 

No…

 

 

But I thought…

 

 

. . .

 

 

Did I expect too much? Or was I too fast?

Did I catch her off guard? Or maybe she think I’m not worthy for her?

 

No. No. No.

 

This can’t be—

 

“Dara…” I whisper as I try to reach for her but she step back.

 

Damn it. Damn it.

 

No. This is not happening.

 

 

“Yah.. Kwon Ji Yong.” I heard her mutter as she held the lock & key inside her hands. “W—what do you think you’re doing?”

 

What?—

 

What do you think you’re doing?

What do you think you’re doing?

 

Those words keep replaying inside my head like a mocking bird.

 

What the hell do you expect Kwon Ji Yong?

 

 

“Y—you filled this very corner with all your locks.” She said keeping her gaze at the locks in front of us and placed her hands onto her chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s not how the Locks of Love work. You Pabo.”

 

As soon as I heard the word pabo, I don’t know why but a smile suddenly crept on my face.

 

I know, I shouldn’t take this as a compliment. I was called a pabo – Heck, it wasn’t a compliment but here I am smiling like a fool already.

 

Oh goodness.

 

You’re driving me crazy Sandara Park. I thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Regardless, I would love to be the girlfriend of the Kwon Ji Yong.” She said as she smiled at me.

 

Without hesitation, I immediately grab her to my arms and embrace her tightly.

 

“Yah… for a moment, I thought you’re going to say no.” I said under my breath as I smell her familiar scent.

 

God. I could smell her all day.

 

“I was scared Dara!”

“Yah. Can’t breathe Ji—”

“Oh. M—mianhe.” I muttered as soon as I let go of her.

 

Then I saw her grabbing something from her bag – it was a marker.

 

 

“Well… I should write something here right?” she asked not looking at me while scribbling something onto the lock I gave her. “There.” After writing she step towards the lock and clung it to one of the locks in the corner but before she could even lock it, she rashly remove her necklace - The anchor she bought from the night market and tie it to the lock.

 

 

“From this day on, I’ll be your girlfriend Kwon Ji Yong. I promise to be with you always, to support you and love you with all my heart.” She said while tying the necklace. “Likewise, I’ll take care of you… and protect you to the best of my ability. You can always lean on me…” When she completely locked it, she then turn to face me with a smile.

 

“And just like an anchor, I promise to keep you grounded when the rest spins out of control. I’ll always be with you Jiyong. So let’s stay strong like an anchor. Neh?” She continued and step towards me. “Nado saranghaeyo Jiyong Oppa.”

 

 

~*~

 

 

“Yah. Call me Oppa again!~~” I whined like a child while we walk towards their doorsteps.

 

You guys just don’t know how I wanted to squeal in delight - Right. Kwon Ji Yong you sound so gay – When she called me Oppa.

 

But yeah, just like the troll that she is. She didn’t call me Oppa afterwards.

 

“Don’t. Want.” She hissed as she fasten her pace – not even bothering to take a glance at me.

 

And yeah, did I told you that she’s back to her nonchalantly self? Yeah I know, she’s my girlfriend already. But ack! She still acts the same.

 

Nevertheless, I’m still happy.

 

SANDARA PARK IS OFFICIALLY MY GIRLFRIEND.

 

 

“Seriously Jiyong, stop smiling like a madman. You’re creeping me out.” She said as we stop on their door.

“Yah! Aren’t you supposed to be sweeter now girlfriend?—” I said with a smug on my face which immediately met with her palm. “Yah!!”

“Stop annoying me. I’m going now.” She said and was about to turn but I immediately pull her.

 

Right. This is still Dara.

 

 

“Thank you for today.” I said softly as I caress her hand. “Thank you for trusting me… Thank you for being mine… You just don’t know how happy I am right now. I know you’re not really into these things but hearing those words from you a while ago makes me feel glad. Honestly, I’m beyond glad… Thank you and…” I continued as cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead. “Saranghae Dara-ah…”

 

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~~~~~” I heard Bom squealed on the other line after I tell her everything that happened today. “Omo. Omo. I’m so happy for the two of you Dara!!”

“Thanks Bommie-ah~~”

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH~~~~~ I thank all the angels up there and all of my ancestors! I never knew this day will come. I could cry a river because of too much happiness!—”

“YAH!! What the hell Bom?” HAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

“But seriously, I’m really happy for you Dara *sob* after all the hardships you went through. Finally, everything is going well in your life now.” Bom said in her tears. “You’re now with Jiyong and your Mom is already here – you now have your family Dara... I’m so happy for you…” Bom said while choking on her tears.

 

Aish chincha.

Bom is such a cry baby.

 

“Yah… Stop crying arasso.” I said – as I try to compose my voice co’z I’m feeling the building lump in my throat.

 

What Bom said is entirely true…

 

After all the lonely years I spent alone…

 

Finally, I’m seeing a brighter side of my picture.

 

I have friends… I have Jiyong and I have a family.

 

“But… Honestly, thank you Bommie-ah… I owe it all to you. You’re my strength ever since. Your there since the beginning.”

“Yah! Of course I’m your best friend! So tell that to Kwon Ji Yong. If ever he do something stupid again he’ll finally taste the wrath of the Bominator.”

 

 

 

 

“D—did you just say Bominator?”

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

 

“ANDWAEEEEEEE~~”

 

 

~*~

 

 

It was already Sunday in the afternoon when umma suddenly approach me while we’re having a tea-time on our backyard.

 

“Yah. Why do you keep on fidgeting with your phone Dara.” She said as she nod towards my phone. “I’m already having a headache hearing your taps.”

“Eh?” I asked acting confuse on what she’s saying.

“Yah Dara-ah~~ I know you’re so in love right now but hello, stop day dreaming—” she teased.

“UMMA!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter