Epilogue II *new*

Path of the arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Umma!!!” Chaerim ran into the house, dropping her school bags. “I am home!!! Umma!!!”

Yoona smiled at how excited her daughter was to be at home. She was a naturally a quiet and patient girl, but at home she would be bursting with colors.

Getting her to attend school is difficult for Yoona, who had to deal her daughter in tears every morning. It would tear her heart to pieces when she saw her daughter wanting to avoid people. But with sweet words and promises, she managed to get Chaerim to attend school.

“Look what I made today!” Chaerim grinned as she ran all the way back to get her bag.

“She has been excited to show you. She won’t even show me.” Taecyeon took off his coat and placed the car keys on the stand.

“Does it hurt your pride? That your daughter chooses her mother?” Yoona wore a slight teasing smile as she took Taecyeon’s briefcase and put it away, allowing him to freshen up.

“I won’t lie.” She heard him speak for the bathroom. “It does hurt my pride.” She had to laugh at that. “Anyways, what’s for lunch?” He asked as he stepped out.

But the question wasn’t answer as Chaerim rushed back with a paper in her hands and Yoona telling Chaerim to eat first otherwise her beautiful painting would be ruined.

 

 

 

 

“So what is it you want to show Rim-ah?” Yoona pulled her daughter on her lap.

Taecyeon was resting for a while, lying done on the bed before rushing to work. Yoona and Chaerim soon joined him, because although he wanted to rest, Yoona knew that he would pick listening to Chaerim’s stories about school any day.

“I made this painting!” She was excited as she showed them the painting for her family. “This is appa, this is umma and this is Rimmie.” She pointed at each of the characters and wore a bright, proud smile.

 “And who is this Rim-ah?” Yoona pointed at the figure next Chaerim.

“This is pet.” Chaerim announced proudly, not noticing how confused Yoona and Taecyeon were.

“What do you mean darling?” Yoona asked patiently. Chaerim looked up with a sad face and turned her body so she could hide in her mother’s embrace.

“Everyone in my class has a pet. Rimmie wants to.” Yoona noticed how she addressed herself in third person. Chaerim often did that when she was sad, upset or scared.

“Do you want a pet?” Taecyeon spoke as he lifted himself from his lying position to stand up.

“Yes appa, I want a pet very much!!” She jumped away from Yoona and into her father’s arms.

Yoona had to laugh at Taecyeon’s triumphant smile, but she better not to. Not when Chaerim was feeling sad over not having a pet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter