Epilogue I

Path of the arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Chaerim…give this to appa.” Yoona whispered to her daughter.

Yoona was in the kitchen making food, that Taecyeon taught her in the first few years of their marriage.

Chaerim’s eyes sparkled when she saw Yoona’s written note. She did not know how to read yet, but the words looked so pretty on the paper. She could not wait to join school so that she could write like her mother.

Yoona bit her bottom lip in excitement as she saw her daughter rush unknowingly to her father with a note in her hands.

Taecyeon was home. It was a weekend but he was on his laptop finishing up some work that he did not complete. Generally weekends were his days off, but he needed to submit a report on Monday so he was working to meet the deadline.

“Appa?” Chaerim called out. He turned to see his daughter waiting by the door. “Eomma said I must give this to you.” She happily skipped towards him.

Taecyeon lovingly gazed at their older daughter. She was nothing like them. Chaerim was loud and colorful and bright. Nothing like Taecyeon and Yoona. She brought life into their quiet lives.

“What is this?” He smiled at his daughter as she comfortably took her place on his lap, staring at the paper with words. He opened the note and instantly smiled at it.

Take a break. You can help me in the kitchen if you want.

Yoona would do small things that would brighten his dull, monotonous life. And this was one of it. And things like this led their love grow.

“Appa, what does it say?” Chaerim curiously asked. Looking from the paper, to her dad, then back to the paper.

“Eomma says that I should take a break.” Taecyeon answered, smiling at his daughter. She had Yoona’s doe eyes. She had Yoona’s smile. She was Yoona’s replica.

“Yes. Appa should take a break.” Chaerim his lap to face him. “Appa should come out of this room and buy me chocolate.” She giggled at the last part. Chaerim and chocolate were inseparable.

“I will take a break. But not now. Appa is busy.” He smiled at her. He watched her nod in understanding. Chaerim was never demanding. She never got bored. She always found something to entertain herself.

Taecyeon pulled out a piece of paper and started writing a reply for Yoona.

“Give this Eomma?” He whispered to her excitedly. He watched C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter