17

Path of the arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taecyeon came to pick up Yoona. He kind of expected Yoona to be waiting for him, but her mother told him that she was still not ready.

Mrs. Im smiled to herself when she saw Taecyeon. She knew about their little movie date. And to be honest, she was thrilled at the little progress that was being made between the two.

“So how is work Taecyeon?” She decided to start up a little conversation to make his wait less heavy. She could see he was because fidgety as he would often look away, his eyes searching for Yoona to enter.

“Umm...it is going well.” He answered absent minded.  He tried his best to pay attention to what she was saying. But it was hard. The wait was hard.

“That’s good, that’s good.” He gave a small nod as she was speaking.

He clasped his hands and truly forced himself to keep his attention on what Mrs. Im was saying.

“How is Hyesung?” Mrs. Im inquired, trying to bite the small knowing smile that kept appearing.

“She is good.”

“I heard she was pregnant.” Taecyeon nodded. It was true. Hyesung recently found out that she was pregnant. He was honestly happy for his brother and Hyesung. He knew how much happiness this news had given them.

“Yes. She is pregnant.” Taecyeon had finally eased down into paying attention to Mrs. Im. The conversation made him a bit more comfortable.

“Anyways, do you want something to drink?” Mrs. Im spoke as she was getting up.

“Oh...no no. I am fine.” He shook his hands, not wanting Mrs. Im to be bothered.

“Okay then. I will be in the kitchen. If you need anything just call me.” Mrs. Im smiled before going to the kitchen. There was nothing for to do in the kitchen, but she wanted to observe Yoona’s and Taecyeon’s interaction without her presence. Would they be different?

Taecyeon sighed and stared at his hands. Yoona was taking a while. Did she even know that he was here?  

Yoona arrived a few seconds later. She was shocked to see Taecyeon sitting, waiting for her.

“Taecyeon-ssi?” She called out in a small voice. She felt slightly guilty when she saw him turn around. She did not want him waiting for her.

He got up to receive her.

“Were you waiting for long?” Her brows tensed emoting a guilty face.

“Oh no. I just got here.” Taecyeon lied. He saw her feeling bad that he was waiting.

But those words were not real assurance. She knew that Taecyeon was probably saying them just to make them feeling better.

There was a small silence. Neither knowing what to say.

“Anyways, should we go?” Taecyeon spoke up. Yoona nodded.

“Let me just tell Eomma I am going.” Yoona looked in his eyes, waiting for the unspoken permission. When she saw Taecyeon give a small nod, she rushed off to the kitchen where her mother was ‘cooking.’

“Eomma, I am going now.” Yoona informed her mother.

“Alright. Have fun.” Mrs. Im gave her a warm smile, her eyes following her daughters exit. Yoona was happy. She could tell. Even if their small exchange of words would be considered awkward to any other,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter