14

Path of the arranged marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taecyeon was waiting in front of Yoona’s university. Patiently. Occasionally check for the time. Then checking his phone because he was not sure if his watch was telling the truth.

He was sitting on his car, waiting for the one person. He took out his phone to start playing with it. It was a good way of killing time.

After some time he got bored of playing the game so he just put it away, folded his arms and took a deep breath.

The wait was painfully long. The anticipation was awfully burdening.

---

Yoona was walking to the library. She hated walking alone. Because it was then her mind drifted off to someone. And whenever that did happen, a certain sadness filled her that maybe she won’t be good enough for me. That maybe she will never be good enough for me.

She thought it would be quicker to take the shorter route through the car park but an unexpected surprise awaited her.

Taecyeon

---

Taecyeon was still staring at nothingness when Yoona came to him.

“ Taecyeon-ssi?” He turned and saw her.

She was simply wearing a shirt and jeans, but how did that make her look so beautiful. Her hair tied back in a low pony tail. Her eyes were widened in surprise while was curled into a smile. She was clutching onto a few books and her bag was slung on her left shoulder.

He saw her. He noticed her.

“ Yoona-ssi.” There was an awkward tone in his voice. He did not expect Yoona to come from a different side. “Are you free for lunch?” It took up a lot of courage to say those five words.

“I am.” She gave a small nod. “But if you don’t mind, could you wait for me? I needed to return these.”

“I will accompany you.” He blurted with a speed that he shocked himself. He felt embarrassed but when he saw Yoona smile, all vanished.

---

“I will accompany you.” He blurted with a speed that surprised Yoona. Yoona was filled with gladness. Although instead of thinking about him in the aloneness, she was walking with him.

She gave a small nod and noticed how his cold face lit up like a child. She found it cute.

She heard stares and whispers as she walked through the corridors. There was a certain pride when she heard them and felt them. Taecyeon was going to be hers. Although they were still on an early awkward stage, it felt good that he was hers.

Yoona stopped when she realised how possessive her thoughts were sounding.

---

Taecyeon concentrated to make a complete a fool of himself.

“So how your day?”

After Hyesung told him, ordered him, to go out with Yoona for lunch, he immediately searched the internet for possible conversation subjects for a date.

Yes, a date.

He did not know about Yoona, but in his mind, in his heart, it was a date.

“It was good.” Yoona answered softly. There was a small pause.

Don’t be afraid of silence.´

He remembered reading that. But for some reason he did not want silence. He liked hearing her soft voice.

“How was yours?” Yoona spoke up, taking Taecyeon by surprise. He liked that he asked how his day was. He liked that she had given a chance to hear her voice. He liked it all.

“It was good.” They both smiled at the similarity of the answers.

He liked this. He liked walking to the library with her. He liked the small talk they had between them.

---

Yoona liked the smiles they shared. She liked that Taecyeon asked her about her day. She liked it when his face brightened when she asked about his.

The silence was seemingly becoming somewhat comfortable between them.

“So what do you want to eat?” She heard his question and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter