Chapter Seven :)

Fate (B1A4 fan fiction)

 

"You wake her up." Someone whisper-yelled.
 
"You!" Someone replied.
 
I opened my eyes to see two people arguing who will wake me up.
 
"You're awake!" Jinyoung oppa exclaimed.
 
I nodded slowly, giving the boys a tight-lipped smile.
 
"Happy-" They started singing but stopped when I sat up from the floor and dashed to the bathroom. I quickly washed my face and brush my teeth.
 
"Mianhe." I apologized. "You can start over, guys. I can't let you talk to me when I haven't brushed my teeth or wash my face yet. I'm really sorry."
 
"Happy Birthday to you!
Seng-il Chook-ha Ham-ni-da
Seng-il Chook-ha Ham-ni-da
Sa-rang-ha-nun Oori Crystal-ssi
Seng-il Chook-ha Ham-ni-da" They sang in unison.
 
Sandeul oppa or should I call him Sandeul since we're the same age now? Anyway, he was holding the stack of pancakes in a large plate. It smells really nice and topped with chocolate chips and lots and lots of sprinkles!
 
"Wow. Thank you!" I bowed. "I'm going to eat now. How about you, guys?"
 
"It's for you. We'll be fine." Baro said.
 
"Nonsense! It's really yummy. Line up, I'll feed you." I said.
 
They lined up, Baro was the first in line, next is Sandeul, Jinyoung oppa, Gongchan and Shinwoo oppa.
 
"What time are we leaving?" I asked, looking at the wall clock.
 
"At 9:30. We still have an hour left." CNU oppa replied.
 
"Are you going to take a shower or you already did?" I asked, again.
 
"I already did. You and Jinyoung are the only ones left who haven't taken a shower yet." He said.
 
"Can I take a shower first, Jinjin oppa?"  I requested.
 
"Sure, go ahead." Jinyoung oppa replied, nodding.
 
I went to my room and took the stuff I needed before heading to the bathroom. It didn't take me long to do my daily shower routine. 20 minutes later, I exited the bathroom wearing my outfit to the amusement park, my hair was blown dry and only a small amount of eyeliner and gloss painted on my face. (http://www.polyvore.com/amusement_park_with_cnu/set?id=90183563)
 
"Shinwoo oppa, can I French braid your hair? I saw some of your pictures on the Internet and it looks really good on you." I explained, hoping that he will agree.
 
"Okay. I don't mind." He shrugged.
 
I pushed him to sit on the couch before I run off to my room to get my bag, beanie, glasses and the stuff I need to do oppa's hair. Baro, Gongchan and Sandeul are fooling around to make themselves busy. Before the clock strikes 9:30, we were all ready to start our busy day.
 
We dropped off first Jinjin oppa and Sandeul on the WME building. Sandeul said that he has something to do first before he goes to his musical practice. Next is Baro and Channie baby to the hospital, and lastly, Shinwoo oppa and me. I asked the Mr. Hoon, the driver, to drop us off on the nearest park with rental bikes.
 
"CNU oppa..?" I trailed off.
 
"What is it?" He said, looking at me.
 
"Why are you so quiet? You only talk to me if I asked a question or something. You don't like me?" I asked.
 
"Ani. I'm really quiet at first but I'll warm up on you later on." He smiled timidly.
 
"Why do you move so slow?" I asked again.
 
"Why? Are you in a hurry to go somewhere?" He asked me back.
 
"No, it's not like that. If you haven't noticed, we always walk behind the others, finish the food last and takes most of the time to do something." I explained.
 
"Now that you mention it, you're right. I thought you were just walking beside me all the time so I won't look pathetic." Shinwoo oppa said.
 
"You don't look pathetic, oppa. Okay, from now on, I will help you to release the fun, outgoing CNU." I announced, fist bumping the air.
 
A day with Shinwoo oppa is just starting but it's really great, I'm telling you. Racing, talking and laughing is what we just did on the park, stopping from time to time when fans are asking for an autograph or picture and the cycle repeats.
 
Talking to Shinwoo oppa about anything and everything didn't bore me. I don't really know how a few hours can makes us closer than before.
 
"Oppa, are you hungry? Lets go eat. I'm dying of hunger. Please, feed me." I joked, acting as if I'm going to faint.
 
"But zookeepers always says not to feed the animals." He said, laughing at his own joke.
 
"Neon neomu geochil geoya. At least I'm a pretty animal." (You're so harsh) I replied, sticking my tongue out childishly.
 
"I'm just kidding. You don't look anywhere near an animal. Come on, lets eat at this restaurant I know with really delicious food." He said, walking beside me.
 
Shinwoo oppa said that it was just 2 blocks away so we decided to walk. It feels like an eternity passed before we reached the said restaurant. Why? If you don't know the answer, then I'm going to tell you this once. We walked really slow, like a turtle's pace. My stomach growled several times while we were walking and he kept on laughing at me.
 
"Please order for me? I have to go to the ladies room." I said, excusing myself.
 
The restaurant is really nice. It has white square tables, black comfy chairs, a bar on the far corner and glass walls to witness a beautiful scenery. Why haven't Mom decided to live here instead in Philippines and California? I wonder what would I be doing today if I have lived here for my whole 21 years life.
 
"The food is here." CNU oppa said, snapping me out of my thoughts.
 
The waiter placed our food on the table one by one including my favorite tteok and korean fruit salad.
 
"Oppa, why are there only chopsticks and a small spoon on the table?" I whispered right after the waiter left.
 
"Why? What's wrong with it?" He asked.
 
"Don't laugh, but.."
 
"But what?" He asked again, more curious now.
 
"I don't know how to use chopsticks." I mumbled, covering my face.
 
He chuckled and said, "Okay, how about I'll feed you using chopsticks and you feed me with those spoons. I'll teach you later how to use chopsticks."
 
I nodded happily but didn't touch any food in front of me.
 
"What is it now?" CNU oppa asked with 'irritated' voice, but failed.
 
"It looks really pretty to eat." I whined.
 
He reached for his chopsticks and took a kimbap, dipped it in soy sauce and asked me to open my mouth. I complied and reached for the spoon to feed Shinwoo oppa.
 
Half an hour later..
 
"I think my tummy's going to explode." I groaned after we finished all the food on the table.
 
"Lets walk first so you wouldn't feel too bloated." Shinwoo oppa suggested.
 
We walked back to the park before oppa called Mr. Hoon to take us to the amusement park.
 
"How come you went to Seoul alone? Where is your family?" CNU oppa asked, making a small talk.
 
"They died 2 weeks ago." I whispered.
 
"I didn't know. I'm sorry." He bowed.
 
"It's fine. I went here to see Appa. He's the only one I have now. Well, except Luke." I explained.
 
No one spoke for a minute. The air between us got awkward all of a sudden. Why is life like this? One minute you're laughing and having fun and just a matter of seconds, you will be sad again.
 
I couldn't bare to go on for another second with the awkward silence lingering between us so I spoke after the driver drop us off in the front gate of the amusement park.
 
"We shouldn't be awkward with each other since you're the only one who knows this besides Nana and Appa. Just because I told you that, it should make us even closer now, don't you think? It only means that I trust you." I said, smiling at him.
 
"So, lets go? Where do you want to go first?" He said, smiling.
 
We walked to the booth near the entrance to buy tickets.
 
I can't understand a thing the man was saying so I let CNU oppa to do all the talking.
 
"Lets ride the teacups first." I said, laughing.
 
"Tea cups is.. this way. Come on." CNU oppa said, draping his arm over my shoulders, pulling me beside him.
 
The teacup ride is so.. unexpected. I haven't been to an amusement park since I was 12 and this is the first time I rode it. The teacup is spinning slowly at the beginning but as time passes by, the the ride operator kept on applying more power on the said ride.
 
"W-why you are spinning?" CNU oppa asked.
 
I laughed at him but stopped suddenly, covering my mouth, saying, "I feel sick." I mumbled.
 
"I'm not riding those spinning teacups anymore. Where do you want to go next?" He said, clutching his head.
 
"Lets go to the 4D theatre! I heard Iron Man 3's on." I said, standing straight.
 
So we did.
 
A woman on the right was handing out 4D glasses and the other one on the left was taking the glasses from the people who are finished watching. We sat in the middle part of the theatre to see the movie clearly without craning our necks from the very front.
 
The seats move side to side, forward and backward at the same time with the movie to have more impact for the audience and makes it more enjoyable.
 
We also tried the Bumper cars, the coin-operated airplane and the small rocket ship and carousel. What? It's really fun, you know. We both tried the coin-operated kiddie rides and asked a person passing by to take our picture. We received weird looks from some parents who saw us but we just laughed it off.
 
"Are you afraid of heights, oppa?" I asked.
 
"Yes. Why do you ask?" I replied.
 
"Me too, lets try the Viking and Drop tower. I want to overcome my fear of heights and it looks fun." I requested.
 
"Are you serious? I'm not riding those. I'll just wait here." He said, shaking his head.
 
"Please? Just this once. I promise." I said, raising my right hand.
 
I tried and tried and tried so many times to ask him to go with me but I got nothing. I stuck my tongue out at him before walking to the viking's direction.
 
So what if he didn't want to go? Tsk. I shouldn't have insisted on going here without the others. I'm sure one of the boys would be willing to ride Viking and Drop tower with me.
 
"Fine. Just once, okay?" Oppa called behind me.
 
I stopped walking and turned around.
 
"Really? Thank you, oppa! You're the best! Whoop whoop." I replied.
 
I waited for him to catch up with me before I grabbed his hand and pulled him to run with me.
 
The Viking ride was awesome! It feels like you're going to fall from the swaying force. Oppa and I was squeezing each others hand the whole time until our knuckles turn white.
 
I think Shinwoo oppa and I screamed the loudest when we rode the drop tower. Like the teacups, the gondola or the seats with belts was being lifted to the top was slow, few seconds after it reaches the very top of the tower, it will unexpectedly fall really fast. Like when you're asleep and you just felt like you're falling? Yes, that. It feels like my stomach dropped to my feet. I will never ride that thing ever again.
 
"Oh! Baro texted me, he said that we should go now. They're asking me to get something from the WME building. Last ride?" CNU oppa said, putting his cellphone back on his pocket.
 
"The Ferris wheel, please?" I asked, simply.
 
The Ferris wheel is the best right? Most girls or most people prefer to ride it at night but I love to ride it at sunset. The different colors of the sky, red, purple and orange. It's the most beautiful scenery in the world.
 
I asked CNU oppa if we can take a picture together and he agreed right away. The picture turned out to be perfect! We are both smiling at the camera and the sky was orange and yellow with a hint of purple.
 
We didn't stay long after we got off the ride.
 
"Oppa, what do you name a dog that has no legs?" I asked.
 
"What?" He asked, scrunching his eyebrows.
 
"It doesnt matter, he isnt coming when you call him." I replied, giggling.
 
"Haha. Good one. Do you know what animal asks 'Why?'? He said.
 
I shrugged, letting him answer his own question.
 
"A monkey."
 
"Why?" My eyes widen as soon as I realized what just happened.
 
Mr. Hoon and Shinwoo oppa laughed at my stupidness, making me laugh too. We exchanged jokes on our way to the WME building.
 
"Come with me. I'll show you something beautiful on the rooftop." Oppa said, pulling me out of the van.
 
We ran four flights of stairs before we reach a door with a big red 'exit' written on top of it.
 
"Why is it so dark? I mean, I know it's night time but aren't there any light?" I asked.
 
"Hold on. I'll turn on the lights." He said, letting go of my hand.
 
As soon as the lights , confetti fell from the ceiling, people jumped up screaming 'Surprise!', startling me.
 
"If I have a heart disease, I would've died on this spot right now on the night of my 21st birthday." I said, putting my hands over my chest.
 
They laughed, singing Happy Birthday.
 
"Thank you!" I bowed.
 
The party wasn't that big but I don't mind. There are few guests including some WME employees, Halmeoni Kim, Rin, Li Joon, Baby Luke, the Boys, someone's friends, a pair if reporter and photographer. Grandma Kim is Appa's mother. She treats me like family and bakes us cookies when we were still young. Rin and Li Joon are twins. They're both guys and 2 years older than me. They're like the big brothers I never had.
 
The twins hugged me before pulling me to a room, giving baby Luke to the boys. There are two pretty unnies in the room where the twins pushed me.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo! I'll be your hairstylist tonight, I'm Hwang Na Ra and this is Ho Ae Sook. She will help you with you're dress.
 
"Hello. I'm Crystal Han. Nice to meet you." I replied.
 
"Please sit here. I'll do your hair really quick." Na Ra unnie commanded, pointing at the chair in front of her.
 
Unnie didn't take 10 minutes to do my hair in a side swept bow with curled tips. Ae Sook unnie lead me to the far corner of the room to choose a dress I would like to wear. There is probably 15 to 20 dresses maximum hanging on the rack. I started looking at the dresses one by one. Red sequin waist mixi dress? No. Peach high low studded dress? Eh. White and blue ombré dress? I'm not going to a prom. Baby blue chiffon dress? Perfect! I also picked a cream colored flats to go with it. I don't care if it doesn't match, I just don't want to wear heels. End of conversation.
 
5 more minutes and.. I'm done! (http://www.polyvore.com/fanfic_21st_birthday/set?id=90565052)
 
As I exited the room, CNU oppa was waiting for me outside while his bandmates are busy playing with Luke, music started playing at the background and flashes of cameras blinded me.
 
As the night goes on, I've learned that some of the guests Appa invited are from different companies of some sort, wanting me to endorse their products. Few friends of the boys including Sungyeol of Infinite, Jeongmin of Boyfriend and.. I forgot the four other idols. Mianhe. I'm not that good at remembering korean names.
 
Jinyoung oppa, Sandeul, Baro and Channie apologized to me in the middle of the party, thinking that I was upset because they gave me lame excuses. I just laughed and told them that it was fine since they were planning a birthday slash welcome party for me.
 
Appa allowed us to drink alcohol since this is a special occasion. The boys and I drank Soju along with their idol friends. Soju is a very popular alcoholic drink here in Korea, also known as South Korea's rice wine. Its taste is comparable to vodka, though often slightly sweeter due to sugars added in the manufacturing process. It is much stronger than beer or wine but not as strong as vodka or gin. Hmm.. It tastes really good.
 
We played spin the bottle and truth or dare like teenagers. The soju was pretty strong so I didn't know what happened on my surroundings after drinking a few shots.
 
 
 
--
Hello! :)
 
I didn't notice that Li Joon is the name of the member of Mblaq but spelled as 'Lee Joon'.
 
Anyway, I saw this video on YouTube few days ago and some fans are blaming Sandeul when Jinyoung fell. It looks like he tripped on his own foot. I feel bad for Deullie getting blamed. Who would trip their friends on purpose while practicing? Not Sandeul, right? Watch this if you haven't seen it yet http://youtu.be/_60lCc_BQQk
 
Comment? :)
Do you think the story moves too slow?