Chapter Nineteen

Fate (B1A4 fan fiction)
The music started playing.
 
"Well, here we are again
I guess it must be fate
We've tried it on our own
But deep inside we've know
We'd be back to set things straight." Shinwoo oppa sang the same time Miss Kim Mei Li entered the chapel.
 
Kim Mei Li and her soon to be husband Park Kyu Won have been boyfriend and girlfriend for 8 years now. Today is their 8th year anniversary, actually. This song is a big part of their relationship. Like most couples, they've gone through a lot of rough times and even breakups along the way since they started dating years ago. Through it all though, both of them have just always ended up back in each other's arms, they know that they're meant to be together forever.
 
"I still remember when
Your kiss was so brand new
Every memory repeats
Every step I take retreats
Every journey always
Brings me back to you." I sang.
 
The wedding's motif is white and gold. White for purity and gold for elegance. Bridesmaids are wearing the same dress design - an AX Paris gold fishtail floor length dress, London gold sequin one shoulder dip hem dress or Evangelina white fitted strapless high-low dress while the bride is wearing a Unique Strapless White And Gold Wedding Dress By Designer Krikor Jabotian. The dress's elegance made the bride look more fabulous.
 
B1A4's coordi noonas made me wear an Ivory/Gold cocktail dress that covers just half of my thighs, gold Aldo platform wedge sandals, Swarovski Crystal bracelet and necklace and completed my get up with a gold (again!) oasis glitter clutch bag. Shinwoo oppa is dressed in a shiny white tuxedo, gold bow tie and black pointed leather shoes.
 
The priest asked the guests if someone's against the wedding.
 
"Why are you grinning like that?" Oppa asked beside me.
 
"I can just imagine someone barging through the church doors, shouting 'Stop the wedding!' like the ones we watch on the cliché television dramas." I whispered, giggling.
 
The bride and groom exchanged vows and rings.
 
"What if I told you
It was all meant to be
Would you believe me,
Would you agree
It's almost that feelin'
That we've met before
So tell me that you don't think I'm crazy
When I tell you love has come and now.." I sang in a hushed manner, just like a background music for the perfect occasion.
 
"A moment like this
Some people wait a lifetime,
For a moment like this.." I trailed off, oppa was harmonizing beside me with a few more other back up singers.
 
We've practiced these songs for 3 days, perfecting our timing and harmony. The bride gave Shinwoo oppa and I a total of 2 solos each and 3 duets.
 
"You can now kiss the the bride." The priest announced.
 
The groom lifted Mei Li's veil.
 
"Some people search forever,
For that one special kiss
Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime,
For a moment like this." I belted out at the same time the newly wed couple kissed.
 
The 30 or so guests erupted in a round of applause, screaming 'Congratulations!' simultaneously. Wow, they must've practiced that a lot.
 
I continued singing while the they took pictures with the couple.
 
The reception dinner was held at a garden-like place near the church where the wedding was held. It was like Beast's garden - a long line of red roses, spacious (a hundred or two guests will fit here), white and gold chairs, tables, a mini stage for us singers, another stage where the couple and their parents are assigned to sit and a very long line of buffet table topped with delicious looking different cuisines - American, Japanese, Mexican, you name it.
 
"Sometimes love can hit you every day
Sometimes you can fall for everyone you see
But only one can really make me stay
A sign from the sky
Said to me.." Oppa sang beside me. He was asked to sing while people starts to eat.
 
I motioned for the other singers to eat first since it's my turn to sing after oppa, then our second duet.
 
 
"If there were no words, no way to speak
I would still hear you
If there were no tears, no way to feel inside
I'd still feel for you
 
And even if the sun refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my heart until the end of time
You're all I need my love, my valentine." I sang, a minute after Shinwoo oppa finished his solo.
 
The crowd chanted 'Kiss!', tapping their forks on the wine glass's side making clinking sounds.
 
"Ladies and Gentlemen, the newly wed couple Mr. and Mrs. Park Kyu Won. Let's give them a round of applause. The bride and groom will now start their first dance." The emcee announced.
 
 
"My love, there's only you in my life
The only thing that's bright." Oppa sang as the couple stand on the center.
 
"My first love, you're every breath that I take
You're every step I make." I sang, looking at Shinwoo oppa who's smiling down at me.
 
"Guys, you should take a break first. Jin Ro and I will take your spot for a while." Min Ja said, pointing at the long buffet table.
 
We thanked the two of them and get our food.
 
"Oppa, what time do you think we will be home tonight? I'm afraid of going home really late." I told Shinwoo oppa.
 
"Didn't Manager Yang tell you? We will spend the night in my family's house. I asked Mr. Kim yesterday and he approved of it." Oppa said.
 
What?! Did I heard that right?
 
 
---------
 
 
The wedding reception ended at exactly 9:00 in the evening. Everyone is exhausted but had a great time with the new husband and wife. The couple will be flying to Jeju Island in half an hour for their honeymoon.
 
Coordi noonas are going to stay in a small inn few blocks away from Shinwoo oppa's house along with our managers. The noonas handed me a bag full of days worth of clothes when we went outside of the venue to get in the van. I changed the dress into a gray panda sweater, cream leggings, white vans and put my hair in a messy bun.
 
I remained quiet the whole time until we reached a cute white and sky blue ranch bungalow 15 minutes later. What? I'm trying not to die from nervousness here, you know? My heart is still pounding inside my chest painfully since Shinwoo oppa told me about visiting their house.
 
"Omo, is this your house, oppa?" I asked excitedly, following oppa out of the van.
 
"CNU-ssi, Crystal-ssi, just call us if you need anything, okay?" Manager Hoon called after us. We said yes and waved at them goodbye.
 
The cute house is really dark and it has no sign that there's someone inside.
 
"You didn't tell them?" I asked oppa.
 
"Ani. Maybe they just went somewhere. Come on." He shook his head, opening the door with his own keys.
 
The Shin residence is small but it can make you feel at home. It has 3 rooms, kitchen, bathroom and living room. There's nothing much to see, just a warm house fit for a small family.
 
He entered his room holding our bags while I lied on the comfortable couch in the living room.
 
"Tired?" Oppa asked, walking back to the living room.
 
"Yeah. And hungry. I couldn't eat earlier because of what you said. I still have butterflies in my tummy and my heart's beating hundred times per minute." I said, pouting.
 
"Mainhe. What do you want to eat, then?" Oppa asked, sitting on the couch beside me.
 
"I want pancakes and bacon." I grinned.
 
"Pancakes and bacon for dinner? Alright, let's see if eomeoni have pancake mix and bacon. I'll cook your weird dinner." He said chuckling, stretching his right hand for me to hold.
 
Our cooking session turned out to be a food fight. Pancake mix and eggs was spread all over the floor, our face and clothes. Half of the bacon was burnt and the other half is the only edible ones. I have 2 raw eggs on the top of my head that slide down the length of my hair and down to my sweater sleeves. Shinwoo oppa has a pancake mix face mask and traces of the egg's yolk on his white T-shirt and hair.
 
"Okay, kids, that's enough." A soft voice spoke suddenly, followed by a giggle.
 
I froze on the spot where I was standing.
 
"Eomeoni! Noona!" Shinwoo oppa ran and engulf the 2 ladies in a bear hug, spreading more mix on the floor.
 
His mom looked at my direction and smile.
 
"Eomeoni, my girlfriend, Crytal." Oppa said, pointing at me.
 
"Hi." She greeted me.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo! Crystal-imnida. Good Afternoon. Er, good evening. I'm sorry." I bowed politely and gave them an uneasy smile.
 
"Haha. Silly child, you don't have to be nervous, Crystal. Can I call you by your name?" His mom asked.
 
"Nae, Ma'am." I replied, biting my lip.
 
"Oh, hush, dear. Call me eomeoni if you want." She said, hugging me.
 
"Omo, Crystal-ssi, you're really pretty!" Oppa's sister gushed, eyeing me from head to toe. Oppa snickered behind her, earning a glare from his sister and mother.
 
"Okay, sorry." Shinwoo oppa raised both of his hands and covered his snickers with a cough.
 
"Thank you, um.. unnie?" I said, the last part sounded more of a question than a statement. "Sorry for the mess, too, eo-eomeoni." I stuttered.
 
Unnie squealed like high schooler who got asked out by her hot crush when I called her unnie, saying that she want me to be her sister in law. What? Seriously, unnie? Tsk. I want to tell her that we just started dating like 3 weeks ago, but yeah, okay. Whatever floats her boat.
 
I started picking up the trash and wipe the table as well as the 3 talk about how much they missed each other.
 
"Crystal, dear, let Shinwoo do that. Come on, let's go to the living room. Let's get to know each other more." Eomeoni said in that sweet voice of hers.
 
I looked at Shinwoo oppa who just nodded and gave me the infamous eye smile of his.
 
"Crystal-ssi, do you have clean clothes?" Unnie said, pointing at my pancake mix clad sweater and leggings.
 
"Yes, I do, unnie. Would you mind if I take a shower? Oppa cracked a raw egg in my hair." I said, puffing my cheeks like a puffer fish.
 
"Coz I heard egg is good for your hair!" Oppa shouted from the kitchen.
 
"Yeah! And pancake mix is a good face mask." I shot back.
 
Eomeoni and unnie laughed at us. I excused myself and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. 15 minutes later, I exited the bathroom wearing a French cream knitted jumper, black sweatpants, wool slippers and hipsters glasses and sit beside unnie on the sofa.
 
"You still look pretty without make up." Unnie said, pinching my cheeks lightly.
 
"Thank you." I grinned.
 
Eomeoni, unnie and I talked about stuff like how did oppa and I met, Shinwoo oppa and I's work, the wedding we just attended and other stuff. Eomeoni and unnie told me oppa's embarrassing stories and showed me his baby pictures. Shinwoo oppa's face is bright red from shame. Eomeoni gives me this warm feeling that makes me like her so much. She's a joyful person, easy to talk to and very kind, too.
 
"Eomeoni, where's abeoji?" Shinwoo oppa asked out of nowhere.
 
"He'll be home late from work." She replied.
 
"So, Crystal-ssi, we've been talking about random stuff. Tell us about yourself, too." Unnie said, putting her chin on the back of her hand.
 
"Alright. My name is Crystal Yu-Ri Han but my friends call me Crystal or Yu-chan. My mom is American and my dad is Korean. My parents had us at the age of 19. I had a twin sister named Christine who had a 4 year old son Ronan. I grew up in Los Angeles, California, went to Philippines when we were 10 and went back to LA after scouts discovered me on a cosplay event where my sister dragged me and I won 3rd, too. I have an adopted son named Luke. His parents gave him to an orphanage near my house back in Cali. He's the cutest little thing you will see." I paused, smiling at them.
 
"Why do you always use past tense, dear?" Eomeoni asked.
 
"Eomeoni, don't go there. No." Shinwoo oppa warned, looking at me with sad eyes.
 
"It's fine, oppa. Uh, eomeoni, they died few months ago." I replied.
 
"Omo, I'm so sorry, Crystal. I didn't know." She said. Her eyes are full of sympathy and hugged me like a loving mother would do to her daughter.
 
 
 
 
 
----------
 
 
I updated! :D