Chapter Thirteen :)

Fate (B1A4 fan fiction)

 

Okay, here it goes..
 
"Remember when I told you that my family died? Mom and Christine unnie were murdered. Our own father shot them straight on the heart before he shot himself on the head." I broke down.
 
Shinwoo oppa hugged me, letting me cry on his chest.
 
"I'm sorry." He said quietly.
 
"What are you sorry for? I can remember that day vividly when he abused my mother for the very first time. We were only 9 at that time. He was always with his friends, drinking, banging girls half of his age and smoking pot. My mom doesn't want us to grow up with a father like that so she demanded a divorce. He got mad. He punched, slapped and slammed her head on the wall shouting profanities at her, saying that she is a no good wife, he only married her because of her money and threatened her- well, us. He said that he will kill us all if she tried calling the police." I paused, hiccuping.
 
"Mom thinks that her bastard of a husband will just stay calm if she didn't talk or ask him something, keeping us from his beatings. Every time he comes home, he wants us to treat him like a good father and the king of the house. My mom cooks delicious foods for him, massage his aching back, make love with him against her will or she will be beaten to a pulp. Few weeks after I turned 10, my father went home earlier than he usually does. He acted like a kind father. He gave me a bag filled with my favorite candies and asked me if I want more gifts. Being the kid I am, I agreed and followed him upstairs to their room, thinking that he has changed. Mom was picking up unnie from her cheer leading practice and I decided to stay at home and watch cartoons. When we reached the master's bedroom, he pushed me on their bed and ripped off my clothes. I was so shock, I couldn't even react or run out of the room. Thank heavens, mom and unnie came home at the same time, saving me from being by my own father." I continued telling the story.
 
"What?! That bastard.." He said, stopping abruptly. I smiled at him. I can feel his body trembling in so much anger.
 
"Thank you for listening, oppa. I don't like to burden anyone with my own issues but Cheondung oppa told me to talk to someone to ease some of the pain in my heart. It means a lot to me."
 
"Ssshh. Don't cry." He said softly.
 
"Mom came home with 2 policemen. Sneaky, right? Later, she explained to me that I turned out to be the bait. I didn't get mad at her for doing that to me since she's just hiding on our neighbor's garden and its for our own good so she called the police earlier that day. Mom heard my father talking to one of his friends that he'll do something to his children so she planned it ahead of time before it happens. Days after our dad was put into the jail, she decided to migrate in the Philippines. We moved into a 3 bedroom house in a small village. That is where I met Cheondung oppa." I whispered.
 
"I'll always be here for you." He murmured on my hair.
 
I didn't reply, instead, I enjoyed the warm and secured feeling with his arms draped around me.
 
 
 
**CNU's POV**
 
 
 
*Flash* *Flash*
 
 I opened my eyes and spotted Sandeul holding his Polaroid camera.
 
"What are you doing? What time is it?" I asked, rubbing the sleepiness off my eyes.
 
"How did you two manage to sleep in that kind of position? It's rather uncomfortable if you ask me." He replied, shrugging.
 
Two? Wha-? I looked down and saw Crystal hugging my torso with her head on top of my chest, sleeping peacefully. We were sitting on the corner, hugging. Oomph. My back.
 
"And its already 7:30 in the morning. I don't know why Baro and Jinyoung hyung didn't wake you up." He said.
 
"Excuse me. Where are they?" I asked, carrying Crystal bridal style.
 
Ooh! It rhymes! Anyway, I laid her on the couch and went to the bathroom to wash up.
 
Eotteokhae? How can I compete with Cheondung-sunbaenim? They've known each other for 11 years now while I just met her over a month ago. Aha! I need to spend more time with her to know every little thing she likes and dislikes. Get to know each other more. She said she trusts me, right? That's a plus point for me. I didn't know such a bubbly and pretty girl experienced that life when she's still young.
 
"Hyung! I'll get going now, okay? Bye!" Sandeul knocked on the bathroom door.
 
"Take care." I shouted and continued my shower.
 
I walked out of the bathroom 10 minutes later and saw Crystal who's still lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling.
 
"What's so interesting about the ceiling?" I asked jokingly.
 
"Good Morning, oppa. I'm sorry about last night. Does your back hurt?" She asked, worry plastered on her face.
 
"Nah, I'm fine. The cold water ease up some of the knots on my back. Want to go with me to the company?" I asked.
 
"Sure. I'll just take a shower so we can go."
 
 
 
**Crystal's POV**
 
 
I watched the choreographer teach Shinwoo oppa and Gongchan the new dance routine for their comeback later this year. Jinjin oppa and Baro are in the taping for their shows and Sandeul oppa is still practicing for the musical.
 
*Knock knock*
 
The door opened and the twins entered with Luke on Rin oppa's arms.
 
"Oh! My baby!" I squealed, interrupting the practice.
 
"Mianhae." I apologized and shut the practice room door quietly behind me.
 
Li Joon oppa handed me a bag of milk bottles and another bag with Luke's clothes in it. I asked Appa if I can bring Luke to the house and take care of him for two weeks or more. I feel like I'm giving the twins and Grandma Kim a burden since I'm his mother.
 
"Halmeonim doesn't mind taking care of him, you know? He keeps her busy the whole day." Li joon oppa said, patting my head.
 
"I know. I just feel like a bad mother for not visiting him since the day I lived with the boys." I replied, lightly pinching Luke's chubby cheeks.
 
"We'll get going now. I still have to drop off Joon at the university and I also don't want my girlfriend to wait at the cinema." Rin oppa said and kissed Luke and I's forehead.
 
"Thanks a bunch, twin oppas. Take care!" I said, taking Luke's small hands and waved goodbye at the two.
 
I went to Appa's office to avoid disturbing again Shinwoo oppa and Channie from their practice.
 
"Oh, you're here! I was just about to call you. The clothing line, Barbie's, called and they want you to be their new model. What do you say? I can arrange a new manager for you, if you want." Appa offered.
 
"Really?! When?" I asked excitedly.
 
"It'll be on Saturday." He replied, looking at the calendar.
 
"The variety show is on Friday. Okay, sure. Appa, would you mind if I ask you to let me join WM? I'm not applying as a trainee, though. I mean, I will just do some endorsement, model and I want to study how to speak korean fluently so I can do an audition for some small parts in a movie or tv drama if there's a chance." I requested. "It's fine if you don't want. I won't force you to let me in."
 
"Jinjja?! Omo. I thought you wouldn't ask! Of course, I want you here. I will just tell my secretary to prepare the contract." Appa said, leaving me in the office.
 
My phone beeped. I reached my short's front pocket to read the message.
 
From: Shinwoo oppa
Where are you? Lets grab some lunch.
 
I tapped the reply button.
 
To: Shinwoo oppa
I'm here @ Appa's office. I'll just meet you downstairs. :)
 
I sent the message before looking for a sticky note and a pen.
 
'Went to grab some lunch with CNU oppa and Gongchan. I'll sign it later, Appa. -C'
 
I wrote and left the office with look sleeping on my arms.
 
 
-----
 
 
Gongchan lead us to a big tent-like eatery just a block away from the company building.
 
The people eating at the eatery are mostly ahjussis and ahjummas so we're all safe from their fans, especially Luke is with us.
 
Both guys ordered ramen and pork, I ordered kimchi fried rice in a small bowl which consists a fried over-easy egg, tiny cubes of ham and roasted seaweed. I also ordered a sweet potato and mushed it in a plate to feed Luke.
 
"So, do you have anything else scheduled for today?" I asked.
 
"Um.. none that I know of." Shinwoo oppa answered, munching the last pork strip on his plate.
 
"Yes. My parents are coming to see me." Gongchan beamed at us.
 
"Wow. Good for you, Channie baby!" I exclaimed, patting his head.
 
"Waa. I'm jealous!" Shinwoo oppa said, fake crying.
 
"Do you want to come with me?" The maknae asked the both us.
 
"I'd want to, but I also don't want to crash a family reunion. Have fun, though." I smiled at him.
 
"True. We'll be fine on our own." Shinwoo said.
 
"Are you sure?" Gongchan asked.
 
"Yes, we are." Shinwoo oppa and I confirmed in unison.
 
"Okay. I'll leave now, then. See you later, unnie, hyung." He bowed.
 
"Take care!" I hollered after him.
 
"So, what do you want to do or where do you wanna go?" Shinwoo oppa turned to me after Gongchan disappeared from the entrance.
 
"Uh.. why me? I feel like doing a.. duet cover maybe?" I stated- well, more like a question.
 
"Cover which song?" He asked, tilting his head.
 
"It's all good is the best song, I guess? It's Ne-yo and Cher Lloyd song." I smiled at him.
 
Shinwoo oppa didn't answer right away. He pulled out his phone from his jean pocket and searched the said song. His hands tapping his legs along with the rhythm of the song. I waited patiently for his answer. My hands turned clammy. To be honest, I've never heard someone tell me no. It's not like a brat or something, but if I suggested something, nobody has turned me down. Yet.
 
"Helloooooo?" CNU oppa waved his hands in front of my face, chuckling.
 
"Y-yes?" I stuttered.
 
"Why do you look so scared? I said lets hit the studio. The song was good and the meaning, too." He told me.
 
"It's just that.. I was really afraid to hear you say 'no'." I replied honestly.
 
"Why would I say no? Besides, it's fun singing a duet with you. Lets go?" Shinwoo oppa asked, carrying Luke.
 
 
-----
 
 
We practiced the song 5 times before a staff played as a cameraman and director and recorded it with the camera provided by the company. I left Luke with the kind assistant unnie.
 
"Wow. You sing the song perfectly. The both of you have an amazing chemistry." Ahjussi praised us. Appa nodded his head and gave us two thumbs up.
 
"Juh gi yo." Secretary unnie entered the recording studio and whispered something on Appa's ears and gave him the phone.
 
Appa stood up and left the studio to talk to the person on the other line. Secretary unnie followed behind him.
 
"How come I didn't know that the both of you had a street performance?" Appa asked us with pure seriousness in his voice, entering the room.
 
"Mianheyo, Mr. Kim." Shinwoo oppa bowed.
 
"Appa! It's my idea. Please, don't get mad at him. It's all my fault." I said, with my right hand raised.
 
"Why are you so nervous? I just asked you. Actually, the Chinese-korean actress Kim Mei Li and her fiancé wants the both of you to sing on her wedding next month. She saw a video of you singing at the street. Mei Li-ssi personally called to ask if you want the job." Appa explained.
 
"Are you serious?!"
 
"Jongmal?!
 
We exclaimed in unison. Shinwoo oppa's eyes are ready to pop out of his skull from shock while I was jumping up and down from the excitement.
 
"Today is added to the long list of best days in my life." I said.
 
"We will do it, Mr. Kim." Shinwoo oppa replied, more calmer than before.
 
We accepted the job and celebrated Shinwoo oppa and I's first 'gig'. Shinwoo oppa called Channie and Sandeul-ah to tell them the great news and I called Jinyoung oppa and Baro. The four of them are really sad because they can't come to celebrate with us. It's fine, right? They've been coming home really- I mean, REALLY late lately so it's understandable and they are tired at the end of the day.
 
 
 
-----
 
 
What do you think? :)