Chapter Fourteen

Fate (B1A4 fan fiction)

 

"Places! Places, everyone! We will be airing in two minutes!" An ahjumma shouted, waving her hand.
 
Gongchan, Shinwoo oppa and I stood behind the curtains on the right side and some guests are waiting on the other side to be called.
 
We've been invited in the variety show called 'Daily Idol'. It'll be aired around the world so most staff and hosts here are speaking in English. Jinyoung oppa and Sandeul are in the company and Baro's still in Busan filming Reply 1994.
 
"Please welcome Exo, B1A4 and Crystal Han!" The host said.
 
Both groups of people emerged from the back and sat on the seats circling the big round table on the middle of the stage.
 
The 5 guys from exo introduced themselves as Xiumin, Chanyeol, D.O., Suho and Kris.
 
"I'm going to ask Crystal-ssi and CNU-ssi first. Are you two dating?" The girl host asked.
 
"Eh? Why?" I asked. My heart pounding inside my chest painfully.
 
"Because you're holding each others hands." She replied simply, pointing at out intertwined hands.
 
Both of us untangled our hands.
 
"Aniyo. I tripped just outside my designated dressing room and Shinwoo oppa helped me." I explained.
 
The hosts - Kyun young oppa and Hye An unnie (they want us to call them oppa/hyung and unnie/noona) talked to the boys of exo first and their first album XOXO which was released 2 months ago. Next, they asked about the B1A4 boys and their solo schedules.
 
"Well, well, well. Look who decided to visit us. Everybody, the human barbie." Kyun young oppa exclaimed, earning a chuckle from us.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo! Crystal-imnida." I bowed.
 
"Omo! You really look like a real barbie, Crystal-ssi and the outfit, too. Did you dyed your hair or is it a wig?" Hye An unnie gushed beside me.
 
"Can you speak Korean, Crystal?" Kyun young oppa asked.
 
"Kamsahamnida. I dyed it white blonde yesterday and the stylist unnie made me wear this barbie dress. She told me that she was really honored to dress me up, unnie. Um, not yet, oppa. I only know a few words but I'll start studying soon. " I smiled at them timidly.
 
As usual, they asked me the same questions 'What do you think about our country?' 'How about living with 5 guys?' blah, blah, blah.
 
"Crystal-ssi, we heard that your favorite past time now is doing a cover of korean songs. Why is that? Do you feel oblige to learn korean songs or you decided on your own?" Kyun young oppa asked.
 
"It's on my own, aside from the fact that I'm half Korean, I also want to learn everything about Korea and KPop. Some songs are really catchy even though I stil have to search for the English lyrics, and especially the meaning of the song is really important, too." I replied.
 
"What's the latest korean song you memorized?" Hye An unnie asked.
 
"It's Baby, don't cry by EXO. I got touched by the meaning of the song. If I were good at writing stories, I'd want it to be published and have a tv series or even a movie with more twists than the original The Little Mermaid story." I said.
 
"Wow. That's a really good idea." Kris said.
 
The others agreed, too.
 
"Crystal-ssi, can you rap for us?" Hye An unnie requested.
 
"In English or Korean?" I asked.
 
"Anything you like." Kyun young oppa said.
 
"Eodukeomkeomhan gotongui geuneul wi ibyeorui munteoge naega muchamhi
Neomeojyeodo geumajeodo neol wihaeseoramyeon gamdanghal teni
Uh, daesin nareul julge birok nal moreuneun neoege
Don`t cry, tteugeoun nunmulbodan chadichan useumeul boyeojwo baby" I rapped in a chipmunk voice, motioning for the exo boys to continue the song.
 
"Woah. Daebak!" Kyun young oppa clapped along with the audience.
 
"Where did you learn such imitation, Crystal-ssi?" Hye An unnie asked, amazement was written on her face.
 
"I learned it on my own. I was looking for videos on YouTube when I saw B1A4's Beautiful Target in a chipmunk version. I got intrigued so I watched it. Next thing I know, I can imitate alvin and the chipmunk's voices. I learned from Cheondung oppa the Pokemon and celebrity imitations." I explained.
 
"I heard Cheondung-sunbaenim's also known as the imitation king." Suho said.
 
The other boys nodded in agreement.
 
"Aside from the meaning of the song you just rapped, why did you decided to learn it?" Hye An unnie asked again.
 
"Oh, it's simple. I love the blending of their voices, especially the one who rapped. I'm guessing it's Chanyeol-ssi. His voice is so smooth and really deep, you can actually drown especially when he said Baby. I bet fans got pregnant with that voice." I joked.
 
"Kamsahamnida." Chanyeol-ssi bowed, laughing.
 
"I have another question, Crystal. Why do you keep on looking at Xiumin?" Kyun young oppa asked.
 
"Do you know each other?" Hye An unnie seconded.
 
"Aniyo. Am I really that obvious? Haha. You see, I have a of cute things, and even people. When I saw him sat down, his cuteness caught my eyes. I saw pictures of him on some blogs but he's even more cute in person. I was like 'omo! oppa's so cute! I have to pinch his cheeks' on the inside. It's really hard holding back from pinching his cheeks, you know?" I said, sheepishly.
 
They all laughed at me.
 
"How'd you know exo? I mean, have you meet a member before or..?" Hye An unnie asked me.
 
"Ah, I was filming a movie in Disneyland when they went there. I keep on hearing exo the whole day but I didn't get the chance to look them up in the Internet until recently when I met one out of twelve members Tao-ssi at the diving meet on Gongchan's birthday. Now that I remembered it, they sang Hawak Kamay when they went to Philippines, right?" I said.
 
"Nae." Suho replied shortly.
 
"Ha.. hawa- what?" Kyun young oppa asked.
 
"Hawak kamay or hold hands. It can be translated as holding holds, too." I explained.
 
"How'd you know that, Crystal-ssi?" Hye An unnie asked.
 
"I can speak Tagalog/Filipino fluently and a bit of Japanese and Chinese, too. I lived in the Philippines for over 4 years, I guess. I got discovered there but I went back to LA afterwards to pursue my dream as a singer." I answered honestly.
 
The hosts asked us more questions and we answer it in return.
 
"Ah, I have a mission for Crystal. Lets see how close you and Cheondung are." Kyun young oppa challenged.
 
"Sure." I replied.
 
Oppa asked one of the staffs to call Cheondung oppa and handed me the phone. I tapped the speaker button and waited.
 
Cheondung oppa's phone kept on ringing.
 
"Yoboseo?" Cheondung oppa answered, breathing heavily.
 
"Woah. Sang Hyun, why are you breathing heavily? Are you doing something? Huh?" I teased.
 
"No. I was doing push ups, you dimwit. Why are you talking to me informally?" He shot back.
 
"Ouch. I'm hurt. You know how much I love teasing you, oppa." I replied.
 
"So, why are you calling me, barbie? You need something?" He asked.
 
"Cheondung, it's Kyun young hyung. We are going to ask you questions about Crystal and vice versa to know how close the two of you are. Is that okay?" Kyun oppa asked.
 
"Sure, hyung." Cheondung oppa replied.
 
"Hi, Thunder-ssi. Okay, first question. Who is Crystal-ssi's first love?" Hye An unnie asked.
 
"That's easy. She haven't been in love yet until recently. When we were still young, she kept on telling me that she will marry Rain-sunbaenim in the future. But when sunbae got a girlfriend, she cried for days, saying that he cheated on her." Cheondung oppa said, laughing.
 
The audience and the other guests laughed along.
 
"Yah, Cheondung! Unnie asked who's my first love not tell them my embarrassing stories! Babo. I want to wrap my hands around your neck right now." I scolded, pouting.
 
My statement earned more laughter.
 
"Haha. Next question is for Crystal. Who is Cheondung's first kiss?" Oppa asked.
 
"A fish." I replied, laughing.
 
"Yah! It was your fault I kissed a fish!" Cheondung oppa said.
 
"Why-why did he kissed the fish?!" Unnie asked, laughing.
 
"Everybody knows that he and Dara unnie have sleep paralysis, right? One night, we had a sleep over at their house. I thought he was dead so I called his mom. I was really upset that day and he told me he will do anything just to make it up to me. I saw a frozen fish in their kitchen and told him to kiss it and he did." I explained.
 
"Aah. So, Cheondung, who is Crystal's first kiss?" Kyun oppa asked again.
 
"Me." Cheondung oppa answered shortly.
 
"Ooh. Why? When did this happen?" Hye An unnie asked.
 
"It happened the same day with the fish incident 10 years ago. She was laughing at me and I got irritated so I kissed her." He explained.
 
We bid our goodbyes to Cheondung oppa after the 7th question oppa and unnie asked. They turned to both groups of boys and talked some more so it wouldn't be unfair for them.
 
They showed their talents, too. Exo's D.O. and Chanyeol sang Nothing on you, Xiumin oppa and Suho oppa did a dance of a girl group and Kris oppa rapped. Gongchan showed us his helicopter and gorilla imitation. Shinwoo oppa sang a few lines of a Justin Timberlake song.
 
 
-----
 
*knock knock*
 
"Yes?" I asked before opening the door.
 
"Hi, Crystal-sunbaenim." Suho said.
 
The five exo members stood outside my dressing room, smiling at me.
 
"Hi. Please, call me Crystal. Anyway, what can I do for you?" I asked, smiling back at them.
 
"Uh.." Chanyeol said. He's scratching the back of his neck, chuckling nervously.
 
I waited for someone to answer.
 
"Can we take a picture with you?" D.O. asked shyly.
 
"Sure. Should we do a group picture or one by one?" I asked.
 
"Can we do both, Crystal-ssi?" Kris oppa asked.
 
"Okay." I agreed and ushered them inside the dressing room. Gongchan and CNU oppa went to the room after they changed their outfits and joined us. It would be kind of a nuisance for the staffs if we stood outside and take photos, right?
 
CNU oppa's cellular phone rang suddenly. I got a good glimpse of his phone and saw Cheondung oppa's name. Eh?! Why is he calling Shinwoo oppa? To tell you the truth, those two have been acting weird since the day we had picnic. They want to spend the day with me. For example, if I spent the entire day with Cheondung oppa, CNU oppa will ask me to spend the day with him tomorrow and the pattern goes on.
 
"Xiumin oppa!" I called after the group.
 
Xiumin oppa turned and smiled at me.
 
"Yes?" He asked.
 
"Can I pinch your cheeks? Just once, oppa. I will love you forever in return. It's fine if you don't want to." I replied.
 
The boys and stylist unnies laughed at me.
 
"What? I can't help it. He's just too cute!" I giggled.
 
"Sure. In one condition." He replied, chuckling.
 
"Omo. Jinjja?! You're not trolling me, are you? What's the condition?" I exclaimed excitedly.
 
"Of course, not. I have to pinch your cheeks too so it will be fair." Xiumin oppa said.
 
I nodded eagerly and walked to where they stand.
 
After we pinched each others cheeks, we bid our goodbyes and gave them our good lucks for their careers.
 
 
-----
 
 
I've been watching A4 practice for 2 hours, trying to perfect their dance moves. Baro said he will be coming home tonight and he will spend the whole day here tomorrow practicing and composing songs. Luckily, Luke has been sleeping the whole time and nobody interrupted the boys.
 
"Noona." Gongchan said, grabbing my attention.
 
"Yes?" I asked.
 
"Who do you like?" Sandeul oppa asked.
 
I was taken aback by his straightforwardness with the question. Should I tell them that I like their hyung? No. Shinwoo oppa might hear it. Gah. Why is it hard to be a girl? You can't just walk up to the guy you like and ask him out on a date.
 
"Why?" I asked instead.
 
"We just want to know." Jinyoung oppa shrugged.
 
"Crystal, do you have something to do tomorrow?" Shinwoo oppa asked.
 
"Yes. Tomorrow's the photo shoot for Barbie's." I replied.
 
"After that?" Oppa asked again.
 
"I don't have anything better to do after." I pouted.
 
"DoYouWantToGoOnADateWithMe?" Shinwoo oppa asked in a hurry like someone's chasing him and turned out as a big word.
 
What did he just say?