Chapter Eighteen :)

Fate (B1A4 fan fiction)
🌟 Crystal's POV 🌟
 
 
"We're going to get some food. What do you want me to get you?" Shinwoo oppa asked me.
 
"Uh.. bento box, sushi and strawberry flavored bubble tea, please? Thank you, oppa! You're the best." I said, giving him 2 thumbs up.
 
I saw a Japanese food stall by the escalator earlier when we went down here so I thought of eating Japanese food today. Gongchan, Baro and Manager Yang decided to stay with me and the little boy and they listed the food what they want to eat.
 
I smeared a good amount of alcohol on the boy's arm and massage it.
 
"Can someone ask the cutie's name? Please?" I asked no one in particular.
 
"Eroom e mo ya?" (What's your name?) Gongchan asked, sitting across the boy.
 
"Kim Joon Ri-imnida." The boy replied timidly.
 
"Wae dangsin-eun honjaga? Eommaneun eodiibnikka?" (Why are you alone? Where is your mom?) Baro asked.
 
"Ulineun baeghwajeom-eseo bunliiss-eo." (We got separated in the department store.) The boy replied, his tears are ready to spill.
 
"Sshh. We'll find your mom." I assured the boy, wiping his tears.
 
"Thank you, Miss Crystal." The boy replied.
 
"Did you just speak in English?" I asked, looking at the boy incredulously.
 
"Yes, miss. I'm still studying how to speak korean well." Joon Ri nodded.
 
"Oh, don't call me miss Crystal. Noona will do. How'd you know me, anyway?" I asked the little kid.
 
"My noona likes you a lot. She was really happy when she saw you on tv with MBLAQ's Cheondung. She always watch the video of you and CNU hyung singing on the street." He explained.
 
"Ta-da! It's all gone. Do-" I was cut off by the loud Paging System.
 
"The speaker says that whoever is shopping with Kim Joon Ri, they can get him here at the food court with us." Baro translated.
 
I just nodded and rubbed more lotion to Joon Ri's arm. The others came back few minutes after with our food. Joon Ri is happily eating his burger and fries, listening to us talk.
 
"Oh, Joon Ri, where is your sister? Did she went here with you?" I asked the little kid, who I learned to be in second grade.
 
"No. Noona is in the hospital. She's sick." The happy boy a second ago turned sad once again.
 
"I'm sorry. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to her?" I said, draping an arm around Joon Ri's shoulders.
 
"Umma said she have a stage 2 lymphoma cancer. We went here to buy a gift for her. Today is noona's birthday." He explained.
 
I looked at the boys who are looking at the little kid with sympathy.
 
"I know what you're thinking. I'll ask the manager hyungs if we can visit Joon Ri's sister." Shinwoo oppa whispered in my ear, squeezing my left hand.
 
"Are you serious, oppa? Oh my gosh. Thank you! It means a lot to me that you are willing to sacrifice your free day to visit her." I whispered back.
 
"I'm not just doing this for her. Imagine the happiness Joon Ri and his mother will feel seeing the girl happy to see you. She will forget that she's sick for a few hours that we will spend with her." He explained.
 
"You have a point there. But still, thank you. This is why you guys are branded as good deed-dols." I replied.
 
Shinwoo oppa talked to the boys and managers in hushed voice.
 
"Joon Ri!" Someone called behind us.
 
Joon Ri turned and run to the lady who looks like she's in her mid-thirties.
 
"Mom!" The boy yelled, hugging the lady.
 
They talked for a few seconds before turning to us.
 
"Thank you so much for taking him with you. I don't know what I will do if I lost him." The mother said, bowing multiple times.
 
"Oh, no, it's nothing. Joon Ri is such a nice boy. I'm glad Baro and Sandeul are the ones who found him." I replied, smiling at the little kid.
 
"Omo, Crystal-ssi, my daughter loves you. I wish she's here with us to see you in person." The mother said, clutching both of her hands.
 
I walked in front of the mother and told her Shinwoo oppa and I's plan while the boys play with Joon Ri.
 
"Really? You're an angel sent from heaven! I don't know how will I repay your kindness. Soo Jae is in room 618 of Asan Medical Center." The lady, Eun Moon exclaimed, tears falling on her pale cheeks.
 
"We'll be there, Mam. But lets just keep this a secret. I have some errands to run before going to the hospital." I said, hugging Joon Ri's mother and biding our goodbyes.
 
The boys bought some more stuffs they need while Shinwoo oppa and I bought gifts for Joon Ri and his sister.
 
"Yoboseo?"
 
"Hi, Appa! I'm calling because I have to ask for your permission. I met this little boy about 6 or 7 years old and he said that his sister have cancer. I feel bad for the kid. I can see in his eyes that he really loves his sister dearly so the boys and I decided to pay her a visit at the hospital she's in. Can we go? Please, Appa?" I asked. My straightforwardness left Appa speechless for a moment.
 
"Sure, princess. I know nothing can change your mind when it comes to helping other people." Appa teased.
 
"You bet! Thank you, Appa! See you tomorrow." I said before hanging up.
 
I gave Shinwoo oppa and Manager Yang thumbs up and happily climbed up the van. The whole group met at the parking lot after an hour of shopping individually. The drive took us more than half an hour cause of traffic.
 
Hospitals are the worst place in the world besides cemeteries. Who likes those white walls, floor, nurse uniforms - everything in the hospital anyway? Nobody, right? Soo Jae - Joon Ri's sister's room is in he other side of the building from the elevator.
 
"Knock knock!" Gongchan knocked on the room 618's door happily.
 
The mother, Eun Moon opened the door with a big smile plastered on her small pretty face. She motioned for us to follow her quietly inside the room.
 
Is Soo Jae sleeping? Huh. I caught a glimpse of Joon Ri who is sitting on the hospital bed happily telling his sister a story about something.
 
"Soo Jae, you have a visitor." Eun Moon said, cutting off whatever Joon Ri is saying.
 
"Who is it?" A small hoarse voice asked.
 
"Please come out behind the curtain." The mother asked us.
 
Well, that's our cue. The 6 of us emerged behind the green curtain that divides the big room into two while Manager Yang record everything with my video camera on the side. We sang Happy Birthday to a shocked teenager.
 
Soo Jae burst into tears after the song.
 
"Soo Jae, what's wrong? Weren't you happy to see us?" I asked, sitting beside Joon Ri on the bed.
 
"I am. How'd you know today is my birthday? Me?" Soo Jae asked.
 
"Well, a little birdie told me that my lovely fan, Kim Soo Jae, is turning 14 today. Since I'm not doing anything productive today, I decided to ask the boys if they want to go with me here to see you." I winked at the giggling little boy beside me.
 
"That's right! And we brought gifts, too!" Jinyoung oppa said, earning excited nods from the others.
 
"Yeah. We will have the best birthday party in the history, right, Joon Ri?" Baro said, messing with the boy's black bowl cut hair.
 
"Lets start our mini party for the pretty birthday girl!" Sandeul exclaimed.
 
Gongchan lit the number candles '14' on top of the white chocolate Oreo cake. We sang the birthday song again to start the party with good vibes since Soo Jae cried earlier. I don't know anything about what the boys planned to entertain the birthday girl so I stayed beside Shinwoo oppa the whole time. Oppa and I bought a charm bracelet and a cute pink bear dressed in a white T-shirt with a print on the front saying 'beautiful' and peach tutu. The two of us bought the cake, Dduk Bok-kee, a couple of traditional korean birthday foods including Miyeok Guk - a seaweed soup that Koreans usually serve on birthdays and lots and lots of tteok. I would never get tired of eating rice cakes for the rest of my life.
 
Each 1 of the boys performed something for Soo Jae. Jinyoung oppa, Shinwoo oppa and Ducky-ah sang, Baro made an on the spot rap and Gongchan did a couple of magic tricks that left us speechless from amazement.
 
"Noona! Noona!" Joon Ri called, waving his hands to grab my attention.
 
"What is it?" I asked the little kid, who's jumping up and down.
 
"Can you sing for us? Please?" Joon Ri requested, batting his eyelashes at me.
 
"Sure, hun. What song do you like?" I asked again, motioning for him to sit on my lap.
 
"Noona likes your song Ronan. She told me that there's a story behind it. Can you tell us the story after singing the song?" He said, looking up at me.
 
"Okay." I replied shortly before clearing my throat and tapped my guitar app.
 
"I remember your bare feet down the hallway
I remember your little laugh
Race cars on the kitchen floor, plastic dinosaurs
I love you to the moon and back" I sang, strumming the virtual guitar strings at the same time.
 
"I remember your blue eyes looking into mine
Like we had our own secret club
I remember you dancing before bed time
Then jumping on me, waking me up" I continued. The song brings back too many memories.
 
"I remember your bare feet down the hallway
I love you to the moon and back" My voice cracked at the last part of the song.
 
"Are you okay?" Shinwoo oppa asked worriedly, rubbing my back.
 
I only nodded as an answer to his question.
 
"I'm so sorry, Crystal-ssi. Please don't mind Joon Ri." Eun Moon apologized.
 
"It's fine, unnie. Joon Ri, since you asked me to tell you the story, you must pay attention, okay?" I asked.
 
The boy nodded.
 
"Alright, the song was inspired by my nephew who was named Ronan by my mother." I started the story.
 
"Why, noona?" Joon Ri asked when I paused.
 
"Ronan means little seal. My unnie likes seals and we often visit aquariums to see them when we were young and Ronan is really small when unnie gave birth to him. I don't even get why unnie likes seals so much. They are just like a bigger version of a new born mouse. Anyway, Ronan was diagnosed last year with neuroblastoma, which is one of the most common forms of cancer in infancy. He fought the illness for 6 months before passing away in June last year just a week before his 4th birthday." I continued.
 
"Ooh! Ronan's mother is your cosplayer twin, right, unnie?" Soo Jae asked.
 
"How'd you know? Never mind, don't answer my stupid question. Yes, she is." I replied.
 
"You have a twin?!" The 4 boys chorused, shock written on their faces.
 
Whoops. I might've forgotten to mention that to the other guys. I've mentioned Christine unnie to Shinwoo oppa and told him that we're twins so he wasn't that shocked when Soo Jae asked about her being Ronan's mother.
 
I grinned apologetically and scrolled through the pictures on my phone to show them what my sister looks like.
 
"Waaah. She looks more like Jinyoung hyung's twin." Baro joked.
 
"I know! She must be adopted and Jinjin oppa is her real twin." I played along, chuckling.
 
Time sure flies real fast. Manager Yang told us to bid our goodbyes because it's already time to go home. It's already 8 in the evening. Wow. We've been here for 6 hours. We left the hospital after I promised to visit again soon.
 
Blinding flashes welcomed us just outside the hospital.
 
"Crystal-ssi! CNU-ssi! Are you guys dating?"
 
"Yes!" Shinwoo oppa answered clearly.
 
How did they even know where we are? Security and managers formed a circle to protect us. Reporters push each other to get a good picture of us and continued asking stuff about oppa and I's relationship like when did we start dating, etc., hoping to squeeze some juicy stories from us and post it on the internet. Deep sigh.
 
Shinwoo oppa was holding my hand on our way to the van until I felt someone dug their nails on my right arm and kicked me from behind. I fell on the asphalt ground, scratching both of my knees in the process.
 
As shocking as this may sound, Shinwoo oppa reacted quickly and scooped me out of the dirty road, muttering profanities at the person who pushed me.
 
All of us sighed when we reached the van.
 
"Aish! Look at what they did to you!" Oppa exclaimed, you can notice that he's pissed off by the tone of his voice.
 
Blood trickling down my arm and my knees are red and purple, covered with bruises. Manager Yang was about to speak when his phone rang.
 
"Mr. Kim! Yes? What can I do for you?" Manager Yang asked. Him and Appa talked for a while before turning to me with a huge smile on his face.
 
"Eh.. Why are you smiling like that?" I asked awkwardly.
 
"Oh, sorry, Crystal-ssi. Mr. Kim wants us to drop by the company first. He have a good news for you but didn't give me more information." He explained.
 
We stopped by a drug store on our way to the company to buy band aids and alcohol to treat my arms and knees.
 
"What happened to you, princess?" Appa asked the very second we walked in in his office.
 
"Reporters happened, Appa. Someone scratched my arms and kicked me." I shrugged.
 
"You need to be careful. Do you want me to hire bodyguards for you?" He asked again.
 
"No! Appa, no. Please." I said, shaking my head.
 
"If you say so. Okay, I wanted to talk to you about this offer.." Appa started.
 
 
----------
 
 
 
Sandeul, Gongchan and Baro was fast asleep on their seats, Jinyoung oppa is texting someone on his cellphone and Shinwoo oppa is playing Dumb Ways To Die on my cellphone when Manager Yang and I got back from Appa's office. The boys washed up one after another when we got home since they still have to practice early tomorrow.
 
"Hey, oppa. Why are you still awake? Aren't you tired?" I asked when I saw Shinwoo oppa lying on the couch.
 
"I am. I just want to talk to you before going to sleep. Come here." Oppa answered, tapping the spot on the couch beside him.
 
I lied beside him and his chest serves as my pillow with his left arm draped around my shoulders.
 
"What to you want to talk about, oppa? Hmm. You smell good. I can stay like this forever." I said, taking a big whiff to prove my comment.
 
"I can, too. Well, we didn't have that much time the whole day just the two of us. So, tell me, what did Mr. Kim told you?" He asked, holding my hand.
 
This small gestures makes my heart warm all over and it feels like it's going to burst with happiness.
 
"Appa told me that there's a tv drama offered for me. They want me to be the lead actress of this new fictional show. The writer called and thanked me several times. I was really confused back there but the writer told me that she made the story specially for me because she wouldn't have gotten that fantastic idea if she hadn't watched the show we guested in with exo. Remember when I said I was a good writer I would right another version of the The Little Mermaid? Well, the writer did and KBS approved to do a drama with it." I elaborated what Appa told me back in his office.
 
"That's great! Did you said yes to them?" He asked.
 
"Not yet. They are still thinking about who suits best the prince role among the 12 exo members since the idea came from their song. They will call me after a week to give me updates about the show." I said, meeting his gaze.
 
"You know, I've never thought that having a girlfriend will be this great. Late night talks, she's fun to be with, acts like an umma, little things will mean a lot to her if someone special gave it to her, can light up an entire room with her smile, can pull off anything coordi noona's wants her to wear even if it's a sack or rug, makes me do and eat weird stuffs.." Oppa trailed off, staring right into my eyes.
 
"Really? Do I know her? Is she prettier than me? Wow, she's so lucky to have a boyfriend like you." I teased.
 
"I don't know. Do you know someone named Crystal Han? I guarantee you, she's the most beautiful girl for me with or without make up." He said, playing along.
 
"Lucky. Well, I have a great boyfriend. He cooks better than me, listens to me rant non sense things every time, nags like an umma, moves slower than a turtle, doesn't look good doing aegyo, can be lazy sometimes, he can make me smile with the thing he does to his eyes.." I giggled.
 
"Yah! Are you praising me or insulting me?" Shinwoo oppa said, glaring playfully at me.
 
"I'm praising you, Your Highness. You must feel special because I like you even if you have that attitude. It makes you you, right? I mean, you wouldn't be my boyfriend if you don't have those traits. The aegyo thingy is just a joke. You still look good doing the cute act." I said, poking his side.
 
"Yeah, yeah. Goodnight." He said, closing his eyes.
 
"Goodnight, oppa." I replied, snuggling further to oppa's warm embrace.
 
 
 
 
 
 
----------
 
I totally forgot about f(x)'s Krystal. Crystal's name wasn't intentional, just so you know. Sorry for the days' wait. My classes are so boring that they actually drain my energy and the reason for my lack of ideas. Soo Jae came from the name of my Chinese classmate Sung Hae :D