oo8

Don't Forget Me

Another Updatee~ Enjoy and sorry for the delay...


Word Count: 1580

 


 

I sighed and knocked on the infirmary’s door. I was sure Soojung-unnie would be more than furious that I hadn’t show up at school for three days and gave no information to her.

“It’s Jiae.”

The door opened in a second and there’s this hand pulling me into the room.

“H-Hey!” In a matter of second, I was already seated in front of Soojung-unnie’s work desk.

“No ‘hey’ing me, Jiae. Now explain.”

See? It’s exactly like I thought it would be.

“Um... So... I fall unconscious in front of a car four days ago.” “WHAT?! YOU’VE BEEN HIT BY A CAR? I’M SO CALLING DONGWOO-OPPA.” She slammed her desk and reaching for her cellphone. I sighed and rolled my eyes at her.

“Who says that I’ve been hit by a car, unnie?” She raised her eyebrows. “And no need to call Dongwoo-ssi. What do you two want to do, really, unnie?”

She put her cellphone down. “Call a police to arrest him?”

I rolled my eyes. “So, I passed out in front of the car. Unfortunately, he is kind enough to get me to hospital and there was I lying unconscious for three days. I could die otherwise.”

“Your word, Jiae.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

“You don’t know how it felt to die, Jiae.”

“Like you know, unnie.”

“Think of those you’ll leave if you died.”

“You? Dongwoo-ssi? You know my family wouldn’t care about it.” She kept quiet.

"Am I right?"

"Okay, forget about it. Now tell me why did you passed out. It's very unusual for someone to just passed out like that, you know?"

"I'm running some fever. I was standing in the rain." I made up that story, obviously. Or else, she would pester me to go get full check-up at hospitals. Only God knows how much I hate hospitals.

"Now you know why do I forbid you soaking wet under the rain." I'll just say yes to everything she said. "But now, you tell me why the hell did you passed out." ! How could she read it?

"It's not because you caught cold, is it?" She narrowed her eyes.

"It is!"

"Tell me the truth, Jiae. It's because your headaches, am I right?"

“It really is because I caught cold, Soojung-unnie. Why wouldn’t you believe in me?”

“Why don’t YOU believe in me, Jiae? If it’s because your headaches, you really have to go to hospital. What if it is a serious disease, Jiae?” I sighed. Soojung always care too much for me but sadly, I don’t deserve all her care and worry. I don’t deserve any form of affection.

“Then so be it.”

“Jiae...”

“If I’m fated to die, I’ll just die. Everyone died everyday. I won’t be a very different case. Don’t worry too much, Unnie. I’ll be fine.” I smiled at her and walked out from the infirmary.

Just then, I got a text.

 

From : Hoya

Jiae, gang members are looking for you. Why didn’t you come to the basecamp these few days? Come after your classes. Don’t ditch.

 

Great. Why can’t I get a single day off?

 

To : Hoya

Kay. Wait for me.

 

Now, let’s see what I’ll get on the class.

I opened my class’ door and walked to my own seat.

“Still have the nerve to show up, ?” A baritone voice was heard from behind me. I knew who it was. It must be Bang Yongguk. Who else?

I took out my books and placed them on my desk.

“Are you deaf?”

“I don’t see any reason for me to talk to you.” Once that one sentence came out from my mouth, he threw all of my books from the desk. I just looked at him.

“Can’t you just get lost?”

“Oh, Honey-bear, don’t waste your time on this... waste of space. She’s disgusting.” A girl crept up, hugging his arm. Hyosung.

Yongguk tilted his head, now looking at his girl. “You’re right, Babe. She’s disgusting.” He threw me a look. I just scoffed.

“Now let’s go before you catch her... disgusting-ness.” She hissed at me and pulled Yongguk’s arm, leading him to her seat.

‘Hah, disgusting? Me? You’re the one who cheated on your boyfriend with another guy with his money and you call me disgusting?’ I thought to myself.

Yes, I know the fact that Yongguk’s little girlfriend is a cheater, a who only used him for money. But  I now don’t have any right to meddle with his business. Let him deal with his own business. I don’t want to care about him.

I took out my ‘Pride and Prejudice’. I haven’t had any time to finish reading this one. Just then one photograph fell out of it.

It was Yongguk’s photograph. [ click here ] Yongguk didn’t even realize that he’d been photographed. He’s reading a book with huge headset covering his ears. A smile completed his figure. Yeah, he was perfect.

Was.

I smiled bitterly as I hid the photograph in between my book’s pages. This should remain a secret.

And the rest of my class was not interesting at all.

***

I stood in front of an abandoned warehouse. It is Chaser’s basecamp, my gang’s basecamp.

I could feel intense glares being shot at me as soon as I entered the warehouse. I guess I’m no longer welcomed here.

“Jiae. You’re here.” A voice heard from the front. Hoya’s voice.

“You called me here.” I sounded cold. Yes, no one should know that Hoya and I have more than this gang-member thing.

“Why didn’t you show up these past days?” I clicked my tongue.

“Personal problems.”

“You dare saying personal problems?! After what you almost done to our gang, you dare to say that?!” Another voice shouted at me.

“What have I done, exactly, Shindong?” I smirked. He looked pissed. Good. I need to look strong over here.

“You almost triggered a war between us and Bangtan! Don’t you realize that currently, they are stronger than us?!” His friend, Siwon, shouted at me this time.

“Why? You admit that Chaser is a weak gang? Or are you scared to fight them? I don’t know that there’s a coward in this gang.”

“You!”

“Stop this, won’t you?” Hoya’s voice was full of authority that those guys fell silent almost immediately.

“You, Jiae, even though you are strong, you need to think about this gang’s survival rate. We lack many things right now. We can’t just fight them. What do you take this gang for? Fools?” I hung my head low.

“And you, Shindong, Siwon, it’s not like yourself to judge your own family like that. Don’t wreak your anger on your own family member.” They just gritted their teeth.

“You owe us explanation, Jiae. Why did you beat Bangtan’s boys?”

“Like I said, it’s personal.”

“Jiae.” It’s a warning.

“He had my sister. I can’t let him have his way with my little sister.”

“You know that it breaks our rules to involve personal problems with the gang, don’t you?”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“What are you sorry about?!” Siwon shouted.

“I’m sorry for endangered our gang by almost triggering a fight with Bangtan.”

“Just it?” Said Shindong in a mocking tone.

“Also for breaking our rules.” He smirked.

“As much as I want to forgive you, Jiae, we still have to do it in the old-fashioned way.” Yeah. It could only meant beatings. Hard ones.

“Just skip this and give me my punishment, Hoya.”

“No fighting back.”

“Got it.”

He stood up along with his right and left hand people, Inguk and Jia. They have this guilty look on their face. They’re close to me, that’s the reason.

I stood still as they began ramming their fists into me. Kick and another kick. Inguk punched me on my ribcage while Jia kicked my knees, making me kneel in the middle of the room, in front of the gang members.

I didn’t even know how long have it passed since they began hitting me but my body had already given up. I tried to keep standing but either Jia or Inguk would kick my knee, making me kneel over and over again.

Hoya lifted my chin and squeezed my cheek, making me face the faces of Chaser’s members.

“You see, Jiae. They are your family members. Do you now know what would happen if the fight with Bangtan happened? You yourself know what Bangtan’s boys could do.” He rammed his fist once again.

“Answer me!” Great, my head’s spinning.

“Yes.”

“Next time this happened, it wouldn’t be this light, Jiae.” He said in a warning tone.

“Don’t worry, Hoya. There won’t be any other time.” He looked at me with questioning look. Yeah, this is the time. I’ll say it this time.

“I’m out of the gang.”

“What do you mean?” I smirked since gangsters always smirk.

“Just that. I’m quitting Chaser. I’m going out of this gang.” He punched my face almost right away.

“This is far worse than that, Jiae.” There’s some disappointment in his voice.

“Do I look like I mind, Hoya? Beat me up more if this isn’t enough but you heard it. I’ll still getting out of this gang.”

He shook his head and kicked me hard on my stomach. He then turned his back and left.

“It’s up to you two, Inguk, Jia.”

The last thing I remembered was the voice whispering to me, “I’m sorry, Jiae.”

-to be continued-
 

Sorry for the delay.. T^T 

I was so busy with my school cup since I am the part of student body so... yeah...

Keep reading and please wait for my next update~

Subscribe, jutheyoooo~ <3