o14

Don't Forget Me

Word Count : 1537


Few days passed without any problems at all since Lee Sungyeol’s busy with his real work at the hospital and I hadn’t met Yongguk at all. Most probably Lee Sungyeol’s proceed my check-up results. I guess he’s a doctor after all. I remembered how his colleagues looked at him when we’re in the hospital. Admiration and stuffs. Maybe he really is a great doctor. But this doesn’t mean I admit that he really is the right doctor for me.

 

Talking about Yongguk, I haven’t seen that Hyosung- and Himchan-bastard.

 

What a stupid jerk, that Yongguk. He’s a smart guy but in the end he can’t point out that his ‘beloved’ girlfriend is cheating on him.

 

“Ahjumma, a pack of sandwich, please.” She smiled as she gave me the pack and I gave her the money in return. I walked to a desk to have my lunch as I spot something unpleasant. Well, it’s unpleasant for me.

 

Two tables away from me, there’s Eunmi with her gang, alongside Woohyun by her side, laughing so freely. She’s happy. She’s happy even without me. She would be even happier if I didn’t come to the world.

 

I saw a green lunch-box in front of her. Green is her favorite color. It must be Jinsil’s packed lunch in that lunch in that lunchbox. I never ate Jinsil’s homemade food. I wonder if someday I could eat my mother’s food.

 

But I guess I won’t. I’m not worthy of her homemade food.

 

I ate my sandwiches as quick as possible then took my leave.

Don’t Know What You’ve Done to me,

Just Like That jibeo chiwo nan sarang ttawin anhae, I Came Back, Yeah

 

I took out my cell. It’s Lee Sungyeol.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Ji, I’ll need you in the hospital later today.” I frowned.

 

“What do you need me for?”

 

Silence.

 

“I got the test result today. Please, Ji, you need to come to the hospital about this.”

 

“It’s bad, right? My test result?” He kept silent.

 

“Okay. Just pick me up whenever you’re free.” “You might need some clothes to change since I don’t know when I could bring you back home.”

 

“I don’t have any home, Sungyeol. And don’t call me Ji.” I cut the phone line without waiting for his answer.

 

So, my result’s bad. I am sick.

 

Is there any worse things that could happen to me?

 

***

HUEEKK

 

I threw up on the basin.

 

I felt someone holding my hair back and massaged my nape.

 

“You’ll be alright, Jiae.” I glared at the guy.

 

“ you, Lee Sungyeol!” He just smiled and massaged my nape.

 

“You said everything would be okay and I end up at this state today. How could you call all of this throwing up okay?!” I screamed at him.

 

“Ji, calm down, okay. It’s just the side-effects from the pill.”

 

“I’m not eating the pill anymore.” “Jiae!” “What?!”

 

“It’s only been two days. Please, don’t stop consuming the pills now. It would only worsened your current condition.”

 

“I. Don’t. ing. Care.”

 

“Do you want to die?! Really, Jiae. I’m worried about you like this and you just shake it off? Do you really want to die, Jiae?” He sounds angry. Really angry.

 

“I told you I want to die, Sungyeol.” He looks at me with are-you-serious look on his face.

 

“Shut up, Jiae. I’ll leave you alone for a moment. I need to go get some air. Don’t you dare leave the room.” He walks out the bathroom door and few seconds later, everything blurred.

 

Bathroom’s floor’s tiles and a pair of black shoes.

 

“Jiae!”

 

And at that moment, I out. Is this the end?

***

-Sungyeol’s POV-

I was this close on walking out the room when I heard something’s falling.

 

I have a very bad feeling about this. Don’t tell me it’s Jiae.

 

God, don’t tell me it’s Jiae.

 

I ran towards the bathroom and she’s lying on the wet floor.

 

“Jiae!” I carried her up and put her on the hospital’s bed. Just when I wanted to go outside, calling a nurse to give her IV injections, her hand clutched into mine.

 

“Don’t leave… Don’t leave me…” I turned my back, facing her. Is she awake?

 

“Don’t… hate me.” She whispered.

 

She’s sweating all over and her body starts to shake. She must be having a bad dream.

 

“Don’t want that…”

 

I held her hands and brush some hair away from her face.

 

“What don’t you want, Ji? Tell me.”

 

“Home… hate… hurt…”

 

Home? Hate? She hates her home? Or was it her family who hates her?

 

Wait, hurt?!

 

“Jiae, Jiae, wake up.” She doesn’t bulge.

 

“Ji! Ji, listen to me! Wake up!”

 

“Jiae, tell me where does it hurt. Jiae.” She then put her right hand on her chest and crouched into fetus position.

 

Her heart.

 

I pat her head carefully.

 

“Ji, you’re a strong girl. You’ll be fine. You’ll get through this, Ji.” I brush few more strands from her face and just then I realized that tears streamed down her face.

 

My heart broke at the sight.

 

“God, Jiae.” I hugged the lying figure tight.

 

“Jiae, please don’t cry. Don’t cry. It’s just a bad dream, don’t cry.” She didn’t let out any sounds but tears kept streaming down her face.

 

She said she doesn’t want to go home. So be it. I won’t let her go home. I won’t let her go back to where there’s no one wanted her.

 

***

-Jiae’s POV-

I woke up to a eerie white room with the smell of medicine everywhere.

 

Oh . I’m in a hospital.

 

“You woke up?” Lee Sungyeol walked in with a tray of food on his hands.

 

I looked at the tray on his hand and raised my eyebrow. ‘What the heck is that?’

 

“This? This is our dinner, Ji.” He said happily as he put down the tray and pull a chair close to the bed where I lied.

 

“Our?” I raised my eyebrow.

 

“Yes. I thought you wouldn’t want to eat alone so I ordered some food too.” He began to set up the tray on a small table that usually used to eat on bed. I didn’t even know where did he got it.

 

“A nice porridge with egg-rolls and kimchi. They wouldn’t let me sneak some good food for you, unfortunately, Ji.” I eyed the food, uninterested.

 

“And yeah. I knew you won’t eat your food no matter what, so, I prepared a reward for you.” He smiled suspiciously.

 

He raised a medium-sized-bottle of strawberry milk. I pouted.

 

“You always use this dirty trick, Lee Sungyeol.” He grinned.

 

“It never gets old. Now, eat and I’ll give this to you once you finished your food, Jiae.” I just rolled my eyes at him and grabbed my spoon.

 

Jalmogo isseumnida~” He clapped his hands and start eating his share of porridge. What a childish guy.

 

Jalmogo isseumnida.” I whispered the sentence and eat quietly.

 

He stopped eating once he heard the whisper.

 

“What?” I kept quiet and put a spoonful of porridge and egg-roll into my mouth.

 

He then smiled and continue with his food.

 

A part of me was relieved that he didn’t ask any further because there’s no way I would say that there’s this strange nice feeling when I heard someone say a simple ‘jalmogo isseumnida’ to me. It is strange.

 

“Hey, Jiae.” “Hm?”

 

“How about staying in the hospital for awhile? You don’t have to go home on daily basis.” I kept quiet. Not coming home… I won’t meet any of them. Jinsil, Eunmi nor Sunam. It sounds tempting not to see that woman. But, am I ready?

 

“Or maybe you could stay on mine?” I looked at him. “There’s my parent as well and such so you could be sure that I won’t do anything funny to you, Jiae.” I smiled at him.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Means you’ll stay on my house?” I just shrugged.

 

“Okay, I’ll take you to your house to take your clothes tomorrow. How about that?” I just nodded once and finished off my porridge.

 

“Now my strawberry milk.” He chuckled and opened the bottle’s cap before giving it to me.

 

“Thanks.” “No sweats.” He smiled.

 

“Now do you want to spend a night over here or to go to my house?”

 

I bit my lip, mulling over the idea.

 

“I think I’ll stay in here. I don’t want to give your parent a heart-attack because you suddenly brought a girl home, Lee Sungyeol-ssi.” He chuckled.

 

“I got it. Now, go to sleep, Jiae. You need more rest.” I lied down on the bed.

 

“You’ll go?”

 

Wait. Did I just sound like I don’t want him to leave? Did you really say it, Jiae?

 

“I have to do my duty-call. I have to check a few patients.” He smiled.

 

“I’ll go back here after I’m finished, okay? Don’t worry, you won’t be alone. Just get some sleep first, okay?” He smiled and ruffled my hair.

 

I don’t even know what possessed me but I nodded at him.

 

“Have a good sleep, Jiae. Don’t let bed bugs bite.” I rolled my eyes as he left the room.

 

What possessed me to be so good to him, really.

 

***

-to be continued-

 


OMG! I'm back! :*
thanks for waiting for this, guys!
No, i haven't forgot this story. I'm just a little bit busy and lazy
To be honest, guys, I divided this story by three part. and part one of this story is close, though. 
and don't hate me for making Yongguk kind of mean in this story. I'm his fan, honest! Too bad he looked like a perfect fit for this role. XD He's kind in the reality, though.
 
by the way, guys, I currently work on another project with my friend slash ex-classmates (since we already graduated, :3). It starred Oh Sehun from EXO-K
This is like our first collab AND our very first EXO fanfic.

緣分 [Fate] 

we're kind of nervous since EXO fandom is kind of.... well...

Support us there, guys! 

Thank you for reading and expect my next updates, guys!

xoxo, nath89

heidy