o15

Don't Forget Me

Word Count: 2149


“Could I go to school today?” Sungyeol throw an are-you-kidding-me look at me.

“I miss Soojung’s infirmary’s bed. Besides, I don’t know when could I go to school again, right?” He just sighed.

“You sounds like you really wanted to go to your school, Jiae. I could just teach you about everything you need to know here. You don’t really need to go to that school again, you know?” I bit my lips. He sounded like he doesn’t like the idea. But I want to go to my school.

I need to check up on Eunmi. I need to tell Soojung that I won’t be coming to school for the future since seems like Lee Sungyeol wouldn’t let me skip treatments. I don’t know when could I check on Eunmi again. Or maybe Yongguk.

I don’t even see the points of me having to go through all these treatments. I’m fine with dying. If I really died, maybe I could meet Byunghee-oppa again.

“Do you like going to school, Jiae?” I shook my head.

“It’s the only place where I could watch over Eunmi. I’m a useless sister. Oh right, she doesn’t even acknowledge as her sister, but I want her to be okay.”

He then pats my head.

“Okay, I’ll reschedule your treatments today.” He turned his back at me, getting a bottle of something I don’t know.

“But if anything happened to you while you’re at school today, I’ll withdrew you from the school.”

I stared at him.

“What the hell, Sungyeol? You’re not even my family member! What right do you have to just withdrew me from school?”

“I am your doctor. I have rights to take every steps needed to assure that my patient’s okay.”

“No, you don’t.” I stomped my way out of the hospital.

“Miss, you’re not allowed to go out without permission of your attending doctor.” A nurse came up to me with a worried face but I could care less.

“Move out my way. I’m not spending any more second in here.” She shivered under my cold-tone.

“Let her be, Nurse Han. I’ve given her my permission.” I glared at Lee Sungyeol before I start glaring at the poor nurse. Her bad luck meddling with my bad-side.

She took some steps backward.

Just when I’m about to go out, a hand held me still.

“You’re going with me, Jiae. No buts or you’re stuck in here.”

“Whatever.”

He dragged me to his car and opened the passenger side’s door for me.

“Hop in.” I rolled my eyes but still taking my seat.

Heck, what did I do wrong to have this… rock-headed idiot doctor tailing me.

***

I was about to open the door when Sungyeol held me, again.

“I’ll pick you up at lunch, okay?” I just scoffed.

“Be safe, Jiae. Don’t do anything reckless.”

I gave him cold shoulder and slammed his door without even saying goodbye. My bad but this is what he got after being too nosy.

I have my own life. I rule my own life.

“Hey, Jiae, how’s your treatment goes?” I turned my head just to see Soojung-unnie being there.

“How’s the treatment?” I scoffed at her.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” She chuckled.

“Anyway, how could you end up out here, Unnie? Shouldn’t you be at the infirmary?” I frowned but she just smiled.

“Sungyeol asked me to wait for you.” I rolled my eyes at the name of Sungyeol. She throw me a questioning look.

“Don’t talk about him. He’s ruining my life.” Soojung-unnie laughed at my words. Whats so funny with my words?

“What?” She ruffled my hair.

“He’s not ruining it, Jiae. He’s trying to fix it.”

“Don’t. I don’t want to talk about him, Unnie.” She smiled once again before taking her steps.

“Come on. I have some strawberry milk stored at my office.”

“You’re trying to bribe me?” She laughed louder.

“Oh, please, Jiae. I know you love them. Anyway, your P.E teacher came looking for you yesterday.”

I raised my eyebrow. It’s the first time one ever look for me.

“Teacher Song?” Soojung-unnie nodded.

“Yeah. Seems like he desperately needs a score for your report card since he can’t fake it this time with Headmaster Kim everywhere.”

“Oh, I see. Today is my class’s P.E. class, right?” She chuckled.

“How the heck should I know, Ji?”

“For God’s sake! How could you use that at me too?”

“It’s cute. Oh, for your information, your PE clothes are in my office. You could use them today if you have to.”

“Thanks.”

“You’re very welcome, Ji.” I glared at her. “Stop it.”

“Arrasoyo, Ji.” I sigh and rolled my eyes.

“Do what you want.”

“Aww… What a cute girl…” She cooed.

***

I got changed to my sportswear after re-checking my time-table and find that my class does have P.E class today.

I walked to the gym, sitting on the furthest benches, waiting for the teacher.

“Oh! Cho Jiae you show up!” He said it in a rather delighted tone. I just smiled at him.

He’s like the only teacher who doesn’t treat me like trash other than Soojung. Call it that he deserves my respect.

“What should I do today, Teacher Song?” He rummaged his folder, looking for something.

“Could you do heavy sports today? I’m thinking about scoring you based on one basketball match today. Mixed team, of course.” He looked up at me.

“Do you think you could do it?”

“I don’t want to trouble you more than this, Teacher. I’ll do it.”

“Okay, now let’s wait for others to come.” I nodded and sat on the bench. Unconsciously, I started to think about how life would still goes on even after I’m gone. Well, nobody said that I’d die. But Lee Sungyeol’s action is enough, right?

“Teacher Song?” He turned his head, facing me.

“Could you help Doctor Jang with my funeral when I died.” He furrowed his eyebrow.

“Why do you talk about death so suddenly like this?” I smiled.

“I just think I’ll die in the near future. You’re one of few that didn’t really despised me like others do, Ssem. Could you do this one last favor for me?” His lip twitched as he ruffled my hair. One action I didn’t expect to happen.

“How could I hate you? I’ve seen enough of you to conclude you’re not bad, Jiae.”

“Thank you, Ssem.” He smiled.

“Ssem, I need to leave before lunch, would it be okay for you?” He shot me a questioning look.

“A friend would fetch me by lunch. I don’t think he’ll like it if he saw me doing sport, Ssem.”

“Should I take you out the game?” He sounded worried.

“It’s okay, Ssem.”

“Look at what we had here. The of the school.” A voice came from the gym’s door. The owner of the voice is of course, without no doubt is Bang Yongguk.

“What are you doing over here, ?”

“Yongguk, watch your words!” Teacher Song yelled at him and he just snorted.

“Where’s all your friends? We’ll take scores today. That’s why we have Jiae here today.”

“Yeah, whatever. I already lost my mood for playing just by seeing your face.”

Okay, that hurt.

“Just stand over there, Yongguk.”

Well, undoubtedly, Teacher Song’s disappointed by Yongguk.

Well, he used to be a very good team player, good kid. He changed after he broke it off with me.

Soon, my classmate arrived at the gym with confused expression written on their faces. Well, it counted as rare to see me attend classes, moreover, Physical Education.

“Gather up, kids.” Teacher Song clapped his hands, trying to get the students’ attention back.

“Today I’ll take some scores for your mid-term report. I’m going to split all of you into two big team. How many are all of you again?”

“twenty three, no, it’s twenty four with Cho Jiae, Ssem.” One of the student answered.

“Okay, I’ll split you guys into team of twelve. Six from each team will play for a game consists of three quarters with one spare player. Other six from the same team will play the next game. Same with the first team, one spare player.” He looked around the students and furrowed his eyebrows.

“Moon Ara and Cho Jiae go to the first team. Lee Daeun, Choi Dabin, go to the second team. We’ll have Lee Jeonguk on first team.” He looked at Yongguk for a while before he placed him on the second team. He easily splitted the crowd into two different team.

“Remember, guys, this is your last scoring for this mid semester. I’ll take the score based on your performance. Now get moving, guys!” Teacher Song clapped his hands.

“Oh! Bang Yongguk, Cho Jiae, Moon Ara, Lee Jeonguk and Choi Dabin, you guys have to be on the first game. I need to take few scores for you guys.” I only nodded. This should be done before lunch.

I did some warm ups before Teacher Song asked us to gather up.

“Three quarters, okay? Decide on the player’s position by yourselves. Tell me when you’re ready.” I nodded.

“You guys decide on your own. I’ll take whatever left.” A girl named Moon Ara, I think, nodded.

“Lee Jeonguk, you’re tall, so could you do the center position?” The tall guy nodded with a big smile on his face.

She had no problems assigning positions and lastly she glanced at me.

“Hey, Cho Jiae-ssi, could you do the offense with me?” I smirked at her.

“Bring it on.” She smiled.

“Okay. Ssem, we’re ready.” Teacher Song nodded and once again, we’re gathered at the center of the court.

Lee Jeonguk did the jump-ball and fortunately, we got the ball. I dribbled the ball towards their basket but got stopped in the middle.

“Not so fast.” I catched the ball and look around.

Just then I saw Moon Ara waved a little. I passed the ball and pivoted to get away from the guard.

“Ara, over here!” I shouted and she passed it to me. I shoot the ball and it got in.

“Not bad.” I grinned as Ara high-fived me.

***

Twenty minutes passed. My team still have the lead with Yongguk’s team catching up not very far behind.

I dribbled the ball as I scanned the court for my team members. Just when I passed the middle line of the basketball court, a figure came up to me, guarding me.

. It’s Bang Yongguk.

“, get away.”

“Dream on.” I tried to get away from him but it’s useless. I saw Lee Jeonguk and passed the ball to him but another , he hadn’t pass the line. Back-ball policy. Damn.

Bang Yongguk smirked.

“Give me the ball, .” I rolled my eyes as I take my position, guarding him.

Just when I intended to intercept his passing, my body just won’t follow my order. I just froze on the spot.

Bang Yongguk easily get past me and dribbled the ball to my team’s basket, earning another to point.

“Hey, Jiae, are you okay? Need replacement?” I shook my head.

“Just go on, Ara. I’ll be fine.”

My team’s offense began again. Jeonguk passed the ball to another guy from my team and he dribbled the ball rather slowly. He lifted his point finger. It’s a sign that he wanted us to do fast-break. I need to run to second team’s side of court.

Just then, I felt my surroundings spinning.

“Jiae, watch the ball!” I knew the ball was going to my direction but my body just won’t move. My head hurts so bad.

I realized that the ball hit me before Ara catch the ball. Teacher Song then blew his whistle.

“Take it easy, guys. It’s just a friendly match. Cho Jiae, are you okay?” I wiped the sweat from my forehead before signing an okay to him.

It was a throw-in for my team. Ara got the ball and signing for me to go near the basket. I jogged but then collided with another figure.

Bang Yongguk.

“.”

Once again my surrounding spun around. My knees went weak and I fell.

“Jiae! Really, do you need replacement? You looked really pale.” I felt Ara’s hand on my shoulder. I shook my head.

“I could handle this. We’ll win this game.” I smiled at her and struggled to stand.

“I’ll be fine. I’ll be by the basket. Pass it on to me.” She nodded and jogged to the side of the court, taking the throw-in ball from Lee Jeonguk. I gulped when I looked around. Everything didn’t look right on my eyes. Spinning around, it makes me sick.

“Jiae!” I saw Bang Yongguk smirking at me and I just felt nausea. I ran out from the gym, ignoring Teacher Song’s calling. I need to be out of here.

***

-to be continued-


Sorry guys :( 
I don't even know what to say. I'm sorry for the really late update.

I hope you enjoy the update, guys!

'til next time!

xoxo, nath89

heidy