oo5

Don't Forget Me

Hey there, readers... :) this is me again~ X) well, updated and enjoy the new chapter~ 

 


 

Word count:1915

 


"HELP! Someone help me!” Eunmi’s voice getting louder. I must be on the right way.

“HELP! ANYONE!”

In a split second, I could see their back, gang members who attack Eunmi. Heck. They’re Bangtan. Hoya will kill me if he found out that I mess with that gang.

“Stay away from me!” Eunmi’s voice was getting raspy. She’s scared.

Should I help her? But if I beat those Bangtan boys, Hoya will beat me up instead. He didn’t want any problem with the one of the most notorious gang in Seoul.

But she is my sister. Eunmi is the only sister I had.

She needs to be okay.

“I think you need to back off, guys.” I managed to say it in a menacing tone.

“And who are you?”

“You don’t know me? Too bad, then. Stay away from that girl, or else...” They don’t move an inch.

. So I have to fight, then.

I kicked one of the gang members and shoved him to the side.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from that girl?” I held another one of them by their shirt. They look frightened.

“Back away, I said.” I move myself in front of Eunmi. I know they’re going to explode any second.

“When I said go, run away as fast as you can.” I whispered to Eunmi’s direction. I could feel she’s nodding at me.

“Who do you think you are to mess with us, Bangtan?! Huh!” One of the guys walk in my direction.

“Me? I heard people calling me Queen of Street Fight. I don’t know if you’re familiar with the nickname.” I replied, tried to buy some time for Eunmi to catch her breath. She’ll need a long run.

“Queen of Street Fight? You? Tch.” The guy who was walking towards me spit.

“I think they overrated you, woman. You look like a crap.” I frowned.

? No one ever call me . No one from underground.

“Aren’t you the crap? You even act like one.” His facial gesture changed. Uh-oh, it’s the time.

“Run!” I whispered to her. She doesn’t move. !

“Let’s end it here then.” That same guy throw a punch which I easily dodged.

“Eunmi, run!” I shouted as I kicked one guy on his stomach.

I keep dodging and punch one and another while shouting at Eunmi to run but she doesn’t move an inch. Is she an idiot or what?

“Run, idiot!” Once again I shouted at her and tackled one guy. Just then, a guy held Eunmi.

“Stop your move or I’ll do something to this girl.” He hold a pocket-knife on his other hand. Holycow!

I immediately stop all of my moves.

“Good girl.” “What do you want?” I swear I could see his smirk.

“Seems like you fancy this girl, huh?” I growled at him.

“ off from that girl, dude.” His smirk become wider. “Okay, I’ll let this girl go.” I waited for the price.

“If you agreed to be ed by us.”

“Go yourself.” He raised the pocket-knife.

“Stop!” He looked at me with total fascination.

“Hit me, punch me, kick me or slap me but let the girl go.” I said it.

“I only want to you, woman.” I look at him straight in his eyes. “It won’t do you any good. Take it or leave it. That girl you held doesn’t hold any price either.”

He smirks and finally let go of Eunmi. She collapsed almost immediately.

Yeah, here we go. I’ll get some good beatings.

One of the guys hold both of my hand and the guy from the earlier starts walking toward me. “If you try to fight back, the deal is off.” I only look at him on his eye. Seconds later, I could feel the punch.

It’s painful. Punch by punch, kick by kick.

“Isn’t it painful, woman?” I don’t answer to that. He gave his friend some sign and I could felt hands that supporting me before is gone. No good news.

He grins and punch me on my stomach multiple times.

“Painful, woman?” “Just hit me until you’re satisfied then leave me and the girl alone.” I whispered under my breath.

“Okay then.” He punched me once again until I hit the ground then kick me mercilessly. I expect no less from a gang member.

“I’m done. You better be thankful that I’m not on my bad mood today.” I rolled my eyes.

“Oh, by the way, my name is Taehyung. Remember it carefully because I’m sure you’ll get few troubles later on.” Yeah, he so gonna tell Howon about it.

“Let’s go.” He finally walks away along with those Bangtan boys.

I do my best standing up and walking straight toward Eunmi. “Are you okay? Can you stand up?” I ask her softly. She shakes her head.

“This is a lesson. This is Bangtan’s territory. You shouldn’t pass this territory again, got it?” She nodded. I smiled at her and ruffled her hair.

“You’re not hurt, right?” She shakes her head. “Scared?” She nod once.

“I’ll be here, don’t worry.” Just then, she passed out.

Great. Now I have to carry her. She’ll have my blood stains on her uniform. Jinsil would be furious.

I only could sighed and piggy-backed Eunmi all the way home.

 

***

 

I opened the door and carried Eunmi into the house. A maid came my way and helped me to lay Eunmi on the nearest sofa. I smiled at her sleeping face. She looked so peaceful.

SLAP.

Yeah, it is a slap. Jinsil just found a perfect timing to slap me.

“Damned child, now you drag MY daughter into your dirty stuff? How dare you!” I kept quiet.

“And how could you let her be hurt like this? She has blood all over her! What are you again? Oh yes, a good-for-nothing child.” She kept saying those hurtful words.

“Yeobo, it’s enough. Jiae already know her mistake.” A baritone voice - Sunam’s voice - could be heard.

“Mom?” Eunmi just woke up.

“Eunmi, darling, are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere? What happened, dear?” Jinsil bombarded  her with questions.

“Mom, I’m okay. I overstepped some gang’s territory and they almost beat me up. Jiae took the hits for me. It’s alright, Mom.” She smiled at Jinsil. Well, it’s some heartwarming words from Eunmi for me.

“Don’t cover for her, Eunmi. She threatened you to say these, right? Whose blood is this?” Jinsil pointed at blood-spots on her uniform.

“This is hers, Mom. I’m okay.” Keep saying that, Jinsil won’t believe you anyway. She loathes me to the core.

“Shut the crap. You won’t believe me, you won’t believe her either, what’s the use of explaining?” I said in a low-tone.

“Okay, just have it your own way. I lure her to my gang’s territory, making them wants to hit her but got hit instead. Satisfied?” I stormed off to my room, leaving them alone.

Yeah, Jiae deserves to be alone.

“Agassi, do you need help with your wounds?” The same middle-aged maid comes to me with a worried-face.

“I’m okay, Ahjumoni. Just bring some ointment to my room. These will heal soon, don’t be worry, ahjumma. ” I smiled at her. Yeah, I don’t have any right to make other worried for me. I don’t deserve them.

 

***

 

Days passed, nothing unusual happened.

I rarely attended my classes and spending my time either in the rooftop or Soojung-unnie’s office instead.

I always avoided meeting a specific Bang Yongguk so that he can’t insult me in any way he could.

Jinsil, Sunam and Eunmi keep avoiding me which is better for me than some hurtful words.

Oh, my headaches getting severe. Lucky me, those severe headaches always occurred when I’m in the rooftop or my room.

“So, Eunmi, you don’t have anything planned for tonight, do you?” Jinsil asked.

Eunmi looked like she was thinking hard then shook her head.

“Why, Mom?” “Aniya, your dad’s friend and his family going to come later and I want to introduce you to them. Is that okay with you?” She smiled at Eunmi and Eunmi only nodded.

“Great! Make sure you go home right away, okay, Darl?” She patted Eunmi’s head. I could only swallow my toast. ‘I want to be introduced too. I want you to introduce me as your daughter too.’

I took my leave, taking another toast and my tumbler. I couldn’t take their private conversation anymore.

 

***

 

As soon as I entered the house, Jinsil warned me with menacing tone not to ruin her dinner. Yeah, sweet thing from a woman who bore me.

I entered my room and throw myself on the bed. This life of mine is getting tiring.

I get up and goes through post-its on my wall. Soon, I found a heart-shaped one. I don’t remember having a heart-shaped post-it.

 

Candle-light dinner with Gukkie for our one month anniversary. He’s the sweetest.

 

Next to it is a polaroid photograph of Bang Yongguk hugging me and kiss my temple. On the polaroid photograph, there’s my handwriting. I love this guy. He loves me back.

I laugh at my own silliness. How could I believe he really loved me back then?

You’re so gullible, Jiae.

“Agassi, Madame wants you on the dining room.” “I’ll be there soon, Ahjumma.”

I left those notes and changed into a dark-green t-shirt and navy-blue jeans.

I take my time walking down the stairs, going to the dining room. There goes another perfect family.

“Jiae, sit over here.” Sunam smiled at me and points at an empty chair beside Eunmi. I seated myself.

“So, Jiae, Eunmi, this is Nam Sangguk, my friend.” Eunmi smiled at him, I only lower my head to greet him.

“And this is his wife, Nam Bora and that’s their son, Nam Woohyun.” I look at Eunmi’s reaction before actually greeting them. She flustered when Sunam said the name ‘Woohyun’.

“So, this is my daughter, Cho Eunmi and...” “Jiae.” I finished for him.

“Yeah, she’s my sister.” Well, that’s the FIRST time Eunmi actually calling me a sister.

“Oh really? Sunam, I thought you only had one daughter.”

“Yes, Sangguk-ssi, Jiae isn’t my daughter. Her parent is going somewhere so we took her in.” Jinsil shows up from the kitchen with a smile on her face.

“Oh, I see.” Nam Sangguk-ahjussi nodded.

“What a pretty daughter you had, Jinsil.” Nam Bora-ssi added while looking at Eunmi. Well, I could tell that she fancies Eunmi.

“Thank the Heaven above, I guess.” Jinsil laughs and Eunmi’s pinked.

“Mom...”

“Well, you have a fine son as well, Bora.” Jinsil points his chin at Nam Woohyun. The guy only smiles a bit.

“Well, he does have some good genes.” They both laugh.

“You know, Bora, right now I’m thinking of matching them up.” Jinsil whispers to the woman but it’s still audible.

“Mom! I’m sixteen!” “Yeah, Eomma! I’m eighteen! I had the right of choosing my own girlfriend.” Say Woohyun while looking at Eunmi. Something’s going on here.

“Uncle, Aunt, sorry I’m late. My car broke down on my way here.” A familiar voice could be heard. I only know one guy with this voice.

God, please, don’t let it be him. God, please tell me my mind was just making things up.

“Oh, Yongguk! It’s okay, take a seat next to Woohyun, then.” said Sunam.

“Eunmi, Jiae, that’s Sangguk’s nephew and Woohyun’s cousin, Bang Yongguk.”

God, why did you do it to me?

 

 

-to be continued-


 
Please wait for my next update and kep reading~~ *bows*