oo6

Don't Forget Me

please, enjoy. :)

 


Word Count : 2090

 


 

“Bang Yongguk.” I didn’t dare looking up.

“His parent is the ambassador of Korea so they travelled a lot and left him to us for time being.” I heard Sunam explained it on Sangguk’s place. How could I never knew that back then? Oh yeah, I’m just a bet, I don’t have any right to know about his family.

“...Jiae.” I looked up.

“Where’s your manner? Greet Yongguk properly.” That’s Jinsil. I slowly stood up when Yongguk snapped.

“Since when do you have manner, Cho Jiae? No need for that. You’ll only make me lost my appetite.”

“Yongguk.” Bora-ssi warned him. My lip unconsciously formed a sad smile as I sat down.

“So, how’s your day, kids?” Sangguk-ssi tries to break the ice. Well, you see why.

“Not bad, Ahjussi. I just hang out with a friend,” Eunmi stole a glance to Woohyun, “and being treated food and sweets! Oh, we borrowed some classics too.” She smiled brightly. Once again, I feel envious of her. Her smile could lit up the whole town while I myself can’t smile without resenting few someone.

“Mine’s too, Dad. Nothing unusual. Ice cream parlor, library and help Mom at home.” Woohyun shook it off.

“Well, my day is good, Samcheon. Since I don’t have to see my archenemy at school.” I could feel Yongguk’s stare burn a hole on my face.

“Come to that, I just remember that all four of you attended the same school!” Bora-ssi squealed.

“Lovely.” Jinsil added, rather insincere in my opinion, since there’s me in there.

“Do you all close with each other then? Or by chance heard any rumors about the other?” Bora-ssi looked enthusiastic.

“Well, I heard Eunmi is pretty popular among the senior and sophomore,” Woohyun said. Okay. There obviously something going on between them.

“Awww... My little princess already grew up...” Jinsil cooed while patting Eunmi’s bangs.

“Momm...” She laughs.

“I heard a certain someone being in a gang, making her whole class being called wild children. She hardly ever attended class and when she does, she irks the teachers off. Do you have any idea who she is, Woo? Eunmi?” Once again, I could feel the cold glare he sent me.

“Maybe just a gossip, Guk. Don’t talk about something like that on the dining table anyway.” Woohyun tried to joke.

“Y-Y-Yeah. We’re not done eating anyway...” Eunmi added.

I could literally feel the tension.

“I’m done.” I stand up from my seat.

“Jiae, you haven’t even eat the main course.” Sunam calls me out. “It’s okay... Ahjussi. I need to do something outside and skipping few dishes won’t hurt.” Yeah, because I skipped too much already.

“I’m sorry, everyone. Please, don’t be bothered.” I bowed and leave the dining table.

Yes, best decision for everyone, Jiae. Good job.

I took my baseball cap and goes to the front door. There’s no maid near the front door since all of them are busy preparing dinner. Makes it easier to snuck out.

I walk to our complex’ park. It’s not very luxurious. It only has few slides and swings. Well, there’s others too, but my favorite is the swing. I always came here when I know that I’m not wanted at home. This park might be far from Heaven, but this park is my Haven in times like this. I seated myself on a free swing and start swinging myself.

It’s not very bright where I was since the only light is the street-light. This whole park is eerily quiet at this time too. But what can I do? Keep swinging until I finally could feel a little bit... lighter and stronger.

I keep swinging, trying to swing myself higher and higher. This way, I could almost feel like flying, like the birds I saw from the school’s rooftop.

Flying.

Minutes pass and now water drops are falling from the gray sky.

“Damn, you always chose the best time to fall.” I stopped swinging and just sit there. Letting the baseball cap protecting my eyes from the water-drops.

 

“Yah! Cho Jiae! What are you doing soaking in the rain alone? Come here!” A well-built man held an umbrella.

“I just want to feel the rain, Guk.” Jiae smiled at him, not wanting to move from her seat.

“Jiae, come here and share my umbrella.” “It’s already small enough for you, Guk. It’s okay, really.”

“Oh, come on, Baby. Come here and I’ll take you home, okay? I don’t want you to fall sick.” Yongguk sounds so desperate, makes her chuckles a bit.

“I won’t fall sick, Guk. Believe me.” In the end, Yongguk comes to Jiae, holding the umbrella near her.

“Are you okay, Jiae? Is there anything you need to talk to me?” He seemed worried. The girl just shake her head. “I’m okay. I just...need some time to clear my head off.” She said while  smiling at him. He stood closer to me. Now, the umbrella covers me too. Now, my tears would be seen.

“Are you... crying, baby?” Jiae kept quiet. “Problems at home?” She hung her head low. He then removes some hair from her forehead and her cold cheek.

“You have me, you know. I won’t make you fall sick like the rain does. Come crying to me won’t hurt, Babe.” She hugged him tight. “Thanks, Guk. It means alot, really.” Yongguk just smile and the back of her head.

 

Dear God, if You still loves me, would You take those memories from me? Would You erase those memories? It hurts. It really hurts.

A single teardrop falls from my eyes, blended with the water drops. Slowly, the teardrop turns into a sob.

I can’t. I can’t cry over him anymore. I don’t deserve to cry.  I deserve the pain. Jiae, you deserve all this pain.

I stand up and began walking, leaving the park.

Out of nowhere, the nasty headaches comes back. Shoot. Every single things are turning their back against me. I got dizzier and dizzier. I couldn’t even see the road.

Then, everything just happens too fast. Last thing I could remember is I fell and there is a young man shook my body like there’s no tomorrow.

Will I leave just like this?

***

I felt weird.

I tried opening my heavy eyelids and light strikes out. Too bright.

I covered my eyes with my left hand as a reflex. After few seconds, I finally could recognize the room. This room’s wall painted in white. There’s this medicine smell everywhere.

. This must be a hospital? How could I end up here?

“Miss? Miss, you finally woke up?” A young man in white rushed into my room. Wait. ‘Finally woke up’?

“How long was I out?”

“May I ask your name?”

“How long was I out?”

“May I have your name first?” He asked again in a firmer tone.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Fine. Name is Jiae. Now, how long was I out?”

“Three days.”

“Damn!”

“Language, Young Girl.”

“How could I end up in here?”

“Don’t you remember?” He tilted his head to side. Once again, I rolled my eyes.

“I...remember getting nasty headaches and get dizzier and dizzier. Last thing I remember is I passed out somewhere and I thought someone was shaking my body like there’s no tomorrow.”

“Great! Well, yeah. You passed out in front of my car. I thought I hit you for God sake! I was so panicked since you just passed out there. And nasty headaches?” He made himself comfortable by leaning - could be called sitting - on the side of my bed.

“You could always leave me there. Worst thing is I died. And yeah, nasty headaches. Headaches that always come when it totally unnecessary.”

“Yah! I’m a doctor! How could I leave someone who need help to die out there?” He shouted and I kept quiet. “I never say I need help.”

“Now, let me ask you. How worse are these headaches of yours?” I wanted to snap at him but he sent me a glare and I couldn’t say no.

“Intense. Sometimes I was petrified and just passed out. Sometimes everything is spinning around..”

“That’s pretty severe, you know.”

“None of those that aspirin can’t do.” I chuckled at my own words. Aspirins are for sure magical pills.

“Have you seen any doctor?” I nodded. Soojung-unnie could pass as a doctor. “My school’s doctor. She only suggested me to get more rest and more nutrition.”  

“Well, I think you need some full check-ups.” I threw a glare at him.

“No.” He rolled his eye.

“Alright, but answer my questions.”

Now it’s me who’s rolling eyes at him.

“Do you have those so-called-nasty-headaches often?”

I nodded once.

“Since when?”

“Few years ago. Five years or so.”

He frowned. “Getting more severe since then?”

I nodded again.

“Is it only headaches or any other things followed?” I thought for a bit.

“Well, sometimes I pass out or I get drowsy. And like I said, sometimes it felt as if everything was spinning around.” He kept frowning.

“I see. You really need to do check-up, Jiae.”

“I already said no.”

He looked at me for a bit then reach out his hand to pat my hair. I dodged his hand.

“No touching. And by no, I mean no.” I spat out. He sighed.

“This could be a severe disease, you know?”

“Haven’t you got it that I don’t care?” He smiled in a rather defeated way and stood up.

“Aite. Now you have to go home.” He opened the drawer and took my clothes from it. I just realized that I was wearing the hospital’s clothes all along.

“Get changed and I’ll drive you home.”

“You don’t need to drive me home, Sir. I’ll be fine by myself.” I tried to keep my tone cold as usual.

“Well, you’re missing for three long days because of me. I need to explain things to your parent, don’t I?” He winked at me.

“Ew.” That’s my reflex.

He laughed, “Okay, Missy. Now you get changed. I’ll wait outside.” He closed the door behind him.

So, he looks like a good person. Or maybe he’s a good person. I don’t know.

***

“So, this is your home.” He stated.

“Not home, just a house,” I said while pushing the front door open.

Inside, there’s Jinsil, Sunam, Eunmi and if I’m not mistaken, Woohyun, on the living room. Why don’t I find it surprising, him being in the house.

“You’re back early.” Jinsil stated. I could feel the doctor beside me looking at his watch right away.

“Who is that, Jiae?” Sunam asked.

“Hello, Sir. My name is Lee Sungyeol. I’m a doctor at Seoul Hospital.” He bowed while I’m looking at him. So, his name is Lee Sungyeol. I forgot to ask his name earlier. Good thing he actually telling it to Sunam.

“What the hell have you done this time, Jiae?” Jinsil tried to suppress her anger and shame. I know. I could feel it.

“No, Ma’am. She does nothing wrong. Three days ago, I accidentally hit her with my car. She’s been unconscious for three days. She didn’t bring any kind of identity with her so I was unable to inform you about her being. I’m deeply sorry.” He said with a rather sincere tone.

Wait. I passed out. How could he change the fact?

“Oh, you’re out for three days? How could I not realize?” I just shifted my gaze to any other place possible but Jinsil’s eyes.

“Or maybe you just threatened him to tell these excuses for you not returning home for three days?” Her word hurts like hell.

“No, Ma’am. I could give you a prove that she’s really in the hospital for these three days,” said Sungyeol.

“Or maybe you’re admitted to hospital because of that gang of yours again. Good thing you get yourself hurt this time, not dragging my daughter along with you and return her with bloody clothes.”

“Mom...”

“Just say whatever you want, Jinsil. I’m tired of explaining things.” I threw her a glare.

“Lee Sungyeol-ssi, I think it would be better for you if you stop explaining things to her. It would be useless. She won’t believe in you, anyway.” I said while I walked to my room.

“Ma’am, she’s really sick those three days. Please believe in me and note that I think she need some treatment right away.” I still could heard him talking.

This Lee Sungyeol guy is a rock-head I guess.

 

-to be continued-

 


 
Sungyeol's here~~~ 
enjoy and please wait for my next update!
XOXO