oo2

Don't Forget Me

Here is new chapter, everyone. Sorry for the delay~~~

 

 


 

 

“Jiae, sweetheart, Mommy loves you very much.” In front of me, there’s a woman cradling a girl while she sat on a wooden rocking chair. It was a very sweet sight even if I couldn’t see the woman’s face. Only if I could have that moment. Once was enough.

“Jiae loves you too, Mommy. Soooo muuuch!” She formed a big circle with her arms and giggled. I giggled along with her. Her name was Jiae too. How sweet.

“But Mommy, why do I never seen Dad?” That little Jiae doesn’t know her father either? This must be a total coincidence.

Suddenly, the woman’s face revealed. She’s Cho Jinsil. She smirks evilly.

“Really? You really buy that, Jiae? You really thought I’ve loved you? Not even in your dream!” She then stab the little girl with a knife. Right on her heart. Right on my heart.

“NOOO!!!” I panted heavily as I got up from my slumber.

“It’s just a dream, Jiae. It’s just a dream.” I tried to soothe myself, but heck! I didn’t sound convincing, even for myself. My breaths were shallow, my whole body was drenched in sweats.

‘Jiae, it’ just a nightmare. A nightmare.’ I mumbled to myself. But I myself realized that the nightmare was too real to be just a nightmare. Too real to the extent that I actually afraid that it’s going to happen right after I stepped out of the room.

Just then I felt everything blurring. Everything’s turning upside down. I felt like throwing up. It’s more like everything spinned and someone smashed my head onto a big rock. Suddenly everything I saw was darkness.

Help me. Please, anyone, help me.

“YAH! WAKE UP, ! LOOK AT THE TIME!”

I got up and looked around me. This room was kind of foreign, but familiar at the same time. I know that this room was mine but why does everything seems different?

“!”

“Could you shut up?” I murmured and somehow, that voice faded away. Maybe she’s tired of calling me names already. I shrugged while opening my dresser.

I got my uniform for the day.

Wait. Today is Wednesday, right? Or no?

Or is it Thursday?

I finally ended taking the Wednesday’s uniform.

Well, who knows if today is really Wednesday. Even if I wear my uniform wrong, no one will care.

I just walked into the dining room when I heard my family’s chat. Well, I didn’t even know how to address them anymore.

I sat myself on the furthest seat possible from them, munching toasts for my breakfast.

“Sweetie, you don’t have any plan for tonight, right?” I overheard them. ‘I never go out on night-time. Well, except for some emergency reasons.’ I replied to her on my head.

“Nope. Why’d you ask, Mom?” She smiled at the sweet-girl.

“Your father’s invited his friend and his family over for dinner tonight. He wants you and their son to meet up, though. You can make it, right, sweety?”

‘I never interested in match-making.’ I replied in my head, again.

“Mom, I don’t want any arranged marriage, okay?” She pouted. “But okay... I’ll be here for you and Dad.” She smiled and Jinsil starts patting her head. I clicked my tongue. She never do that to me.

“Really? Why’s that, Eunmi? Does uri princess already have someone at heart?” She asked her, teasingly.

Suddenly everything’s spinning. I can’t feel ground under my feet.

My stomach did not feel well, it’s spinning as well. I felt nauseous. The toast I just swallowed tasted like it’s stale. I ran to the toilet right away, emptying my stomach.

“Jiae-Agassi, are you alright?” A maid in her fifties patted my back, trying to soothe me. I shook my hand, signed her that I’m alright.

“Should I make you some warm drink, Agassi?” She asked with uneasy tone on her voice. She’s worried. I washed my mouth with some water and smiled at her.

“It’s okay, Ahjumma. I’m okay.” She stared at me. I knew she didn’t buy my answer.

“Ahjumma, could you fill my tumbler with warm water instead? Anyway, Ahjumma, tell those people on the dining room that I was in hurry. If they ever asked.” I massaged my temple, trying to get the unwell feeling away.

“Algesseumnida, Agassi.” I sighed, trying to suppress this weird nauseous feeling. It had begun years ago and getting worse by time. What’s going on with me, actually? Ahjumma comes back with my water-filled tumbler.

“Ahjumoni, I’ll get going. Could you please lock my room later? There’s no need to tidying it up, too.” I got my tumbler and bowed at her. I wore my sneakers and leaving the house, the family. Well, it’s better for me to be away from them, I know.

 

***

 

I walked into my class in light step. Well, I’m early today. It’s an achievement.

I smiled to my own self and then I look around. The class is empty. I’m sure that I saw few students when I came in.

No one made a comment about me being early. Weird, because they always made one when I’m late. Well, as expected from my haters.

I took my seat and got a novel from my backpack. It’s a classic, Pride and Prejudice. I never had time to finish reading it and time like this is just perfect to do it.

Not so long after -for me, suddenly there’s a hand pulling my book.

“Get your hands off my book.” I said with fierce tone.

That hand didn’t let go of my book.

“Are you deaf? Or you couldn’t understand what I meant with get your hands off?” I was annoyed.

“Oh, neither of them, . Neither.” I look up and met the face I wouldn’t forget all my life. Him, Bang Yongguk.

“Bang Yongguk, get your ing hands off my book.” He smirked.

“Isn’t it my little present? I never thought you’ll keep it, .” He kept that smudging look on his face, making me want to punch him on his face.

“It’s mine. It’s up to me about what to do with my property. You had no right, Bang Yongguk-ssi,” I pull the book hard, makes he has to let go of the book. “Or do you still want to have the right of messing with my belonging?” I spat while shoving the book into my backpack.

“Me? You think too highly of yourself, dirt.”

“Yeah, sure. I am a dirt. But ironically, I’m way more famous than yourself.”

His face tensed. “As the Queen of Street Fight. Not famous in pleasing way, I see. Now I see how low your standard is.”

I smirked. “Really? Sadly, you fell for this low-standard dirt. You even chase her around like a good puppy for months.”  I tapped his cheek lightly.

He took my hands away from his cheek roughly. “You’re not over that, are you, Jiae?”

I look at him, tried to be expressionless.

“You’re not over the fact that I date you only because of the bet. Am I right?”

I kept quiet.

“You’re just a bet, Cho Jiae. Oh! Shall I remind you of how much you’re worth? Fifty thousand won. Fifty thousand won it is.”

He emphasized the ‘fifty thousand won’ in every sentence. I don’t even know how to feel, let alone to react to his statement.

Does he really think that I completely clueless about the bet? No. I know it all along. Well, I knew it at the end of our so-called-relationship. But still, I always knew that all his doings while we’re ‘dating’ are fake. There’s no way someone like Bang Yongguk would seriously fell in love with me. There’s no way I’ll be loved by anyone.

I leaned forward, stealing a kiss from his lip. To be honest, I just did it to see his reaction.

He almost immediately pushed me with all his power.

“YOU !” It shot right through my heart.

“? Really? Isn’t it what you’ve always tried to do back then? I’m letting you do it now, Bang.”

“! You’re still not satisfied after you almost make Hyosung break up with me, now you want to make her hate me? Go to hell, Cho Jiae!”

I only form a bitter smile. So, he’s one of them. Them, who are not able to see that I’m already living a hell now.

Just now I realized that we’ve been surrounded by my classmates. I glared at them and they immediately turn their back, sitting on their respective seat.

“Thanks for that, Bang Yongguk-ssi. Too bad that I can’t go to Hell anymore.”

“Yeah. You’re that evil that even Hell is too good for you.” He snorts.

‘True. But what I meant is how could I go to Hell when I’m living it now?’ I added them in my head.

Yeah, people like them wouldn’t understand my Hell anyway.

 

-to be continued-

 


 

So, I just want you all to know that Sungyeol is one of the main character. He will show up, but not for now. Maybe three more chapters. B elieve me, you'll love Sungyeol over here because I already head over heels for him here~ wahahahaha~

See you next time, Readers~

XOXO