o13

Don't Forget Me

Word Count: 1760


-Sungyeol’s POV-

I slung Jiae’s backpack’s stripe before I rang the bell. On third attempt, finally someone opened the door.

“Who are…” Cho Sunam’s standing there. Question’s written all over his face.

“I’m sorry to disturb you at this hour, Sir.” He nodded cautiously.

“I’m here to take Jiae’s home. She’s in my car.”

“What happened?”

“I took her and few colleagues out for a drink. She drank few glass of soju and got drunk.” He frowned his eyebrow.

“Nothing happened, Sir. She just say things about her school and health.” He then nodded.

“You should take her inside.” I nodded as I went back to my car.

I opened the passenger door and glanced at her face. She looked so innocent, vulnerable. I don’t understand why people hate her. Why don’t people understand her.

“Can you believe it? My birth-mother hates me because I am alive. She hates me. She loathes me.”

“All I do is living. Am I wrong? Tell me where I messed up. I’m just another child who needs love. Okay, love is too much. It’s enough if she doesn’t hate me. Stop cursing me. Stop telling me hurtful things. I’m still human.”

“I don’t want to live anymore. I don’t want to feel this pain anymore. Take these away!”

I sighed.

Now I don’t want to let her go back to Cho’s resident. She’s suffering in there.

I carried her bridal style and walk to the door. Now, it’s not only Sunam who’s standing in there. On his side is his wife, Cho Jinsil; Jiae’s birth-mother.

“What does she do this time?” She remarked with a rather mocking tone.

“Ma’am, please let me take her to her bed before I tell you about that.”

“He’s right, Jinsil. Jiae needs rest. Sungyeol-ssi, her room is on second floor, furthest door from the stairs. The only white door.” I nodded, taking Jiae to her room.

I open the door and greeted by bunch of post-its. Well, bunch is an understatement since almost all of her wall’s covered with post-its.

I laid her on her bed, taking her shoes off and cover her with her duvet. She shifts her position, snuggling to get a comfort.

“Sleep well, Princess.” I brushed her hair softly.

Just when I want to walk out from her room, a frame on her desk caught my eyes.

It’s a family photograph. Cho family photograph. Without Jiae in it.

Why did she keep a hurtful thing like this?

My eyes caught another photograph from her wall. Polaroid photographs.

And most of them are either Yongguk’s photographs or them as a couple. They looked so happy. Jiae looked so blissful. You are a jerk, Bang Yongguk.

I manage to find a photograph of Jiae’s smiling to the camera. I took it from the wall, hiding it on my wallet. One picture won’t hurt.

Finally I closed her door and walked downstairs, where Cho Sunam and Cho Jinsil was waiting for my explaination.

“Now explain.”

“She finally agreed to take full check up, Ma’am. We were celebrating and got carried on.”

“I won’t pay for that.” She said. Well, expected from her.

“I’ll pay for it, Ma’am.”

“Ma’am, I’m sorry for being rude but could I ask for a favor?” She frowned.

“Could you take care of Jiae for time-being? She’s not exactly on her best condition, Ma’am.” She snorted at my favor.

“Don’t play the pity card, Doctor. It’s your job as a doctor, not mine. She’s not anybody in this house. She’s just a free-loader, a dead-weight.”

I clenched my fingers.

“Then, if she does need further treatments, could you give me permission on taking care of her on your behalf?”

From the edge of my eyes, I could see Sunam’s fidgeting. I didn’t understand why.

“You wanted to take her away? Sure. I’ll be in ecstasy if you do that.”

“Thank you, Ma’am.” I bowed at her.

“I’ll get going now if you excuse me.” She nodded rather cockily and I’m having my way out.

I, Lee Sungyeol promise to take Jiae out of this house. Even if she’s not my lover, my sister or whatever, I’ll take her.

I would take care of her.

-Jiae’s POV-

I woke up in my room.

How did I get to my room? I remembered Lee Sungyeol making me drink those alcohol, but what actually happened afterwards?

Knock-knock.

Must be ahjumma. There wouldn’t be any other person who would knock at my door.

“It’s not locked, Ahjumma.” A second later, the door’s opened.

Agassi, please take some medicine and this.” I raised my eyebrows. What does “this” means?

“It’s ginger tea, Agassi. The man who brought you home last night give me the recipe and said that I should make this for you to lessen your hangover after-effects.”

Man who brought me last night? Hangover?

Ah… So I got drunk in the end. Was Sungyeol-ssi the one who brought me home?

“Was it Lee Sungyeol? The one who brought me home last night, Ahjumma?” She smiled and nodded a bit.

“Agassi, I’ll prepare your breakfast. Come down and eat before you go to school.”

Gomapseumnida, ahjumma.

I lied on my bed once she’s outside. Well, it’s not even my fault. It’s his fault for making me drink. I’m under his supervision.

I got up with throbbing head as I prepare for school. I grabbed my other set of uniform. It’s a relief that my school only have one kind of uniform because I didn’t even remember what kind of uniform that should be worn today. At least I wouldn’t wear wrong uniform.

***

Ahjumma, I’ll get going.”

Agassi! Please eat the breakfast first.” I scratched the back of my head. Cho Jiae doesn’t really eat breakfast.

“Please, Agassi. this also was Lee Sungyeol-ssi’s order.” I rolled my eyes at his name. Great.

Arasso, ahjumma.” I walked to kitchen’s counter and there it was. Scramble eggs with some rice.

I took a few bites before beaming. It’s salty and a little bit spicy. Just like how I loved it. Ahjumma remembers.

I’m grateful for that. At least one person knows how I like my food to be done.

Gomapseumnida, ahjumma. I’ll get going,” I took my tumbler and hurriedly left before she shove some lunch into my backpack.

Oh, reminder for myself. Thank Lee Sungyeol for bringing me home last night.

***

“You were drunk? Jiae, you’re underage!” I covered my ears.

“Well, that’s exactly what I told him.” She just sighed.

“To think that he’s a real doctor.” I chuckled.

“At least he brought me home. No biggies, Unnie.” I kicked my shoes and lay on the nearest bed.

“That’s called common sense. And when will you take the check-ups?”

“Later today. He said he’ll pick me up after lunch.”

“Let me know when the results out.” I just nodded and drifted to sleep.

 

“How’s it going with the Queen, Yongguk?”

“Queen?” “Yeah, Cho Jiae.” Then someone scoffed.

“She’s a waste of space, not a Queen.” “Ouch. But you do love her, right?”

“Love?” Another scoff could be heard.

“It’s just for the bet, Dude. I wouldn’t even get close to her if it’s not for the money.”

The cans on my hand just had their ways off to the ground.

“Who’s that?” I took a step backward before he walked to my direction.

“Oh. Cho Jiae. You heard it.” I shook my head.

“It’s not true…” He laughed.

“It’s true, Baby.” An excruciating pain shot through my heart.

“No. It must be a lie! You said you loved me. You said you’ll never leave.”

“Well, accept it, Cho Jiae. You were just a bet. I never loved you.” He smirked.

“You’re not even worth being loved. Waste of space.” He walked off with his friends following behind with pitying eyes casted on me.

It echoed.

‘You’re not even worth being loved.’

No, it’s not true. It’s not true.

 

“It’s not true!” I woke up with throbbing head and sweaty body. I was still in the infirmary.

It’s just a nightmare. It’s just a nightmare, Jiae.

“/Gwenchanayo chagi?/” It’s Yongguk’s voice. He can’t be here.

I turned my head to where the voice came from but it’s empty.

Idiot, Jiae. You’re an idiot. What did you expect?

I hit my head but the pain lingers on my heart. What a pathetic fool I am, really.

I got down from the bed and put my shoes on. Some fresh air may do.

Just when I jumped off the window to the school’s backyard, a kissing couple caught my eyes. No, it caught my eyes not because of the kiss but the one who’s doing it.

It’s Hyosung.

“Himchan-oppa, what should we do with the money this time? Another trip?” She said while hugging the taller man.

“Nope. We should save it up to buy our couple ring later, Hyo. Real gold with diamond maybe?”

“Rings?”

“Yup. You’ll need to break up with the jerk later, Hyo. We’ll get married after we’ll graduate, okay?”

“Ne!” She nodded vigorously. “Oppa, saranghae!” They giggled.

I turned my back and walk away. I am right. I am ing right.

She really played Yongguk’s heart. She really does use Yongguk’s money for her boyfriend.

Himchan. Kim Himchan for God’s sake! How could he do it to his own best friend?

One second later, I bumped into another person. I got up and tried to walk away but that one person blocked my way. And to be honest, I’m not in the mood of playing.

“Get lost.”

“You have appointment with me, so my answer is no.” Then I looked at his face. Oh, it’s Lee Sungyeol.

“You looked pissed, Ji.”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” He smiled and ruffled my hair.

“Don’t be in such a bad mood, Ji. Smile suits you better.” I dodged his hand.

“Get away. I’m not in the mood for playing, Lee Sungyeol.”

“Manner, Lady.” He said in a rather stern voice, earning an eye-roll from me.

“Would you smile if I treat you strawberry milk?” “I’m not that cheap.” He laughed and circled his arm around my shoulder. Geez, who does he think he is?

“Don’t be like that, Ji. I’ll treat you some sandwiches too. Some carbohydrate will make your hangover better.” I just stared, throwing a what-the-hell glare at him.

“Live with it, Lady. After that, we’ll go to the hospital to get you tested.” I rolled my eyes for the nth time.

“I hate hospitals.” “Live with it, Lady.” He laughed.

***

-to be continued-


Jjan! Sorry for being absent for such a long time.. T-T

I actually have saved few chapters during my absence but i thought that it would be better if I uploaded it one by one.

kkk~

anyway, hope you enjoy the updates and expect the next update

XOXO, nath89