oo3

Don't Forget Me

I'm back! sorry to keep you waiting, subscribers~ ehehe... i forgot to update last week, but here it is. Enjoy!!!

 

 



 

I walked my way to the rooftop, hoping there would be no one over there. I just need to be alone.

I pushed the door to the rooftop and the sky greeted me.

How I love those great blue sky.

I laid on the ground, watching the blue sky. Sometimes, there would be birds flying here and there and when they do, I actually envied them. Why? Easy, they are free. They could fly wherever they want to go. They don’t care about any other people.

Someday, I really want to fly on the sky like them. Leaving school, leaving home, leaving Jinsil, Sunam, Eunmi and... Yongguk.

Yongguk was one of the list of people I love. Yes, was as in he wasn’t there anymore.

The reason he was on my list? I dated him back then. For few months.

To be honest, really really honest, those months probably are the best months I’ve ever had. Even if it didn’t turn out well. Those moments are still fresh in my memory...

 

Flashback

(Korea, a year and few months ago)

A guy with blonde hair ran, chasing a girl with fierce expression.

“Cho Jiae, wait for me!” He tried to grab the girl’s wrist but his effort was in vain. She turned her back at him, staring at him with the scariest glare possible.

“You, didn’t I tell you to back off? I want to be alone. Are you deaf?” She said. The boy didn’t flinch and took her wrist instead.

“Nope. I just don’t want to be with you. Is it wrong enough?” He smiled. Jiae’s surprised but she didn’t let any expression shows up on her face.

“Yes. Who are you again?” She frowned.

“My name is Bang Yongguk.”

“Okay. Bang Yongguk-ssi, could you get lost, please? I’m not in the mood of playing with you.” Jiae shunned Yongguk’s hand and continue her steps.

“Just you wait, Cho Jiae! I’ll make you fall in love with me!” She didn’t turn her back but what he didn’t know was that her cheeks pinkened.

Every single day of the following weeks were almost the same. Yongguk chasing Jiae wherever she go, making her lunch, try to take her backpack for her even going out to see her gang. He’s been chased out of course.

That first day of the week was not a very different day.

“Jiae, just let me bring your backpack for you. It’s heavy, right?” Yongguk walked on her side. Jiae stopped her steps and stared at Yongguk.

“You sure are deaf. It’s my thousandth time telling you to get lost yet you’re still here.”

“Nope. It’s just I like you that much.” He said proudly. Jiae grimaced and started walking again, leaving Yongguk behind.

“Try your very best, Bang Yongguk-ssi. I’m not falling for anyone.”

“Really? So if you fall for me it would be your first? I would be your first?” She stopped walking and stared at him again. After not so long time, she continued her steps, leaving the guy alone.

‘. How could he read it so fast? Damn.’ She said inside her mind.

The next day was rather a calm day. Jiae was walking without any noises beside her.

‘Well, it’s eerily quiet today. Like calm before the storm.’ She thought.

Jiae then walked to her locker to put take some books needed for classes later. Just when she opened the locker up, a lot of pink notes fell from her locker.  She looked around and there’s no one suspicious. Now she’s suspicious since no one ever gave her a letter, let alone using pink notes.

She took some of them, wanting to check whether it is another hate notice. It’s weird to think about, though. Making hate notice using pink notes.

She’s extremely surprised when she reads the message.

I love you, please go out with me. BYG

She took another one and it’s a very same message.

She took another one and the message still doesn’t change.

‘Oh God. What’s happening?’ She asked herself while sorting her thoughts. Well, her heart raced and it’s really normal since it is the very first time she got so many ‘i love you’ notice.

She tried really hard to resist the urge to smile. Well, gangsters don’t smile, they smirk.

She took all of the pink notice and shook it to her locker and lock it.

“Damn you, Bang Yongguk. Damn you for messing with me in this way.” She whispered to herself on a  low tone. She then walked to her class, trying to ignore the warm feeling that crept up her heart.

That day passed without Yongguk creeping around Jiae. Well, that’s something new since for a few weeks, Yongguk was pretty much glued to Jiae’s side.

The next day, he didn’t appear either. Jiae is kind of worried but she just shrugged it off. She walked straight to her desk, afraid that there will be something else waiting on her locker.

She’s flabbergasted right when she enters her classroom. There’s a mountain of things on her desk. She quickened her steps to her desk. She initially thought that it’s zonk prepared to terrorize her but what surprised her is that all of those things are chocolates. In various type, shape and flavor.

She took a chocolate and read the card pasted on it.

I love you, really do. BYG.

She swear that she could feel her cheeks reddened. She doesn’t really love chocolate that much but with tons of chocolates on her desk with message ‘I love you’ doesn’t happen everyday. It’s pretty much the very first time for her.

She then turned to a girl who sits beside her.

“Who put those chocolates on my desk?” She asked in a very low menacing tone. The girl gulped, “Bang Yongguk-ssi.” Jiae didn’t bother to say thanks. She seated herself on her desk and shove all the chocolates on her drawer.

“, Bang Yongguk. Keep messing with me and be prepared for the consequences.” She whispered to herself. Again.

The rest of the day is pretty normal for her. No Bang Yongguk around her. No one dare to raise their voice against her. No one would want to eat lunch beside her.

Last period of the day is Physical Education. Sure, the teacher won’t make her do sport if it’s not very important since the girl already threatened the teacher. It works somehow but she still have to change to her P.E uniform and sit on the bench. She could do anything she liked, though.

After the lesson ended, what awaited her just caused another heart-attack for her.

There’s a bouquet of red roses popped out from her backpack. She could swear that there’s nothing on her backpack when she leaves them before lesson. ‘Why does the flower there, now?’ She asked herself.

Jiae then pulled out the bouquet and looking for the card, even though she was pretty sure about the sender.

There’s 24 roses here that stands for 24 hours of me thinking of you. Now you know that you never leaves my mind. Please, accept it. BYG

She, once again, in a dilemma whether to be offended because of his way on terrorizing her, or be flustered because finally, there’s a guy who want to give her a bouquet of roses.

All the girl could do was to take a long sigh and bring the roses home. At least, finally she could get roses.

The day changed and she has to go to school again. She sigh all her way to school, thinking about this bothersome guy named Bang Yongguk. What a distraction.

She walked to her locker, preparing her heart if there’s gonna be more surprises.

Well, there’s none.

Smile crept up on her face but who knows how she really feel deep down.

Jiae then went to her class, still preparing her heart if the said guy is waiting for her.

Still none.

She seated herself and try to focus on her book. Just then, Jiae realized something that’s not hers.

A pink post-it.

She never have post-its. Let alone pink.

Jiae opened it carefully and there’s this messy handwriting.

Cho Jiae, I’m waiting for you at the back of the school building.

You better come soon because I know you want to beat me up and I’ll be gone soon~

BYG

Without her knowing, her face lights up. She goes her way to the back of the building, half-hoping that the big guy would be there.

And yeah. Another surprise.

A life-sized teddy bear is waiting for her to pick it up.

And this time she just let herself be drowned in her delight. She hugged the teddy-bear tight, inhaling the perfume. Just then she found another post it.

You like it, right? You’re starting to like me too, right?

She pinked and answered no on her mind.

Well, enjoy your surprise for today, princessa.

BYG

Jiae flustered at the word ‘princessa’ but just shrugged it off and carry the life-sized teddy-bear to her class.

On her way back, she heard faint music coming from the school’s radio.

‘So, listeners, today we’re booked for the whole day.’

‘Really? I never heard the school’s radio being booked for a whole day.’ She thought.

‘That way, we gonna put music especially for someone named Cho Jiae.’

“What?!” She hissed. “What kind of joke is this?!” She murmured.

‘Well, our prince named Bang Yongguk and here’s his message, Cho Jiae, enjoy your day being a princess, signed, your prince. Well, it’s kind of romantic, though. Our prince also preparing songs to be played for the whole day and here’s our first song; 1440 by Huh Gak. Enjoy~’

‘Damn you, Bang Yongguk. Who do you think you are to play with me?’

Just then, the song’s heard on the whole school.

 

하루 1440번

(1440 times a day)

계속 니가 생각나

(I keep thinking of you)

내가 좀 집착이 있나 할 정도로

(To the point where I think I’m obsessed)

가만히 TV를 보다

(I quietly watch TV)

계속 니가 생각나

(And I keep thinking of you)

드라마 여주인공들보다

(More than the female leads in a drama)

떨리는 맘은 놀이기구를 타고

(My trembling heart rides a rollercoaster)

니 얼굴보다 좋아서 땅을 보는 건 아냐

(I’m not looking at the ground because I like it better than your face)

간지러워 했던 말은 내가 다하고

(I’m saying words that tickled my insides before)

내가 좀 이상해졌나 봐

(I think I got a little strange)

 

널 이렇게 사랑한 나보다

(More than me who loves you this much)

나를 사랑하는 니가 됐으면

(I hope you will love me)

내 머리속에 사는 그대가

(You, who lives in my head)

하늘 위를 걷는 날 봤으면

(If only you can see me walking across the sky)

널 이렇게 바라본 나보다

(More than me who looks at you)

나만 바라보는 니가 됐으면

(I hope you will look at me)

너를 기다리는 지금

(I’m waiting for you right now)

이상한 떨림이

(With this strange trembling)

나를 더 설레게 해

(It makes my heart flutter)

오늘은 뭔가 될 거 같은 DAY

(Today, it seems like something will happen)

 

이렇게 너를 사랑하는 나보다

(More than me who loves you this much)

날 사랑하는 니가 됐으면

(I hope you will love me)

너를 기다리는 지금

(I’m waiting for you right now)

하늘에 감사해

(I thank the heavens)

니가 내게 있으니

(That you are here with me)

니가 나를 보며 웃고 있으니

(That you are smiling at me)

 

She smiled to herself, listening to the song.

‘Maybe, just maybe, this guy is different.’ Jiae thought to herself, hugging the massive teddy-bear.


 

-to be continued

 

 


 

 

Like I've already said... if you're here for Sungyeol, you need to patiently wait.. :')

See ya, readers~