oo7

Don't Forget Me

update! yeepee! enjoy, all~


 

Word Count : 1329

 


-Eunmi’s Point of View-

We were having this family time alongside with Woohyun when Jiae came in. Yeah, I don’t call her ‘unnie’ since Mom had been telling me about how unwanted she is from the day I understand words.

Back to the topic, she’s coming in and there’s someone beside her. Strange thing.

“Hey, Eunmi-yah, she’s so pale.” Woohyun-oppa nudged me.

Now that Woo-oppa mentioned it, yeah, she’s pale.

“I think?” He only kept quiet.

“You’re back early.” Mom stated with a cold tone. Believe me, it’s not even the coldest tone she would use at her. I’ve heard much.

As Mom said that, I could see the unknown guy look at his watch alongside Woohyun-oppa.

“It’s freaking eight, Eunmi. How does that count as early?” He whispered.

“Umm... Jiae usually would be back around ten or so, Oppa. She always hangs out with her gang until late at night.” I explained with a hushed voice.

“Who is that, Jiae?” Yeah, Dad! You could read my mind! Who is he?

“Hello, Sir. My name is Lee Sungyeol. I’m a doctor at Seoul Hospital.” The so-called-Sungyeol-guy bows at Dad.

A doctor? What had she done this time?

“What the hell have you done this time, Jiae?”

Gosh! Do I have some unseen bond with my parent that they always asked what I want to ask? No need to answer, it’s a rhetorical question for your information.

“No, Ma’am. She does nothing wrong. Three days ago, I accidentally hit her with my car. She’s been unconscious for three days. She didn’t bring any kind of identity with her so I was unable to inform you about her being. I’m deeply sorry.”

Well, it sounds like truth.

And wait. Unconscious for three days? Really? I thought she was with her gang or whatever it is.

“Oh, you’re out for three days? How could I not realize?”

“Or maybe you just threatened him to tell these excuses for you not returning home for three days?” It’s the most probable thing.

“Eunmi, is your mother always that scary?” I shook my head.

“Nope. Only to Jiae.” He gave me a questioning look.

“Mom hates Jiae, Oppa. I’ll tell you later, okay?” Woohyun-oppa nodded and shifted his gaze the the couple.

“No, Ma’am. I could give you a prove that she’s really in the hospital for these three days,” said Sungyeol.

“Or maybe you’re admitted to hospital because of that gang of yours again. Good thing you get yourself hurt this time, not dragging my daughter along with you and return her with bloody clothes.”

Uh-oh. That incident again. Mom would never forget that incident, wouldn’t she?

“Mom...”

“Just say whatever you want, Jinsil. I’m tired of explaining things.” She glared at Mom. Not a strange thing coming from Jiae.

“Lee Sungyeol-ssi, I think it would be better for you if you stop explaining things to her. It would be useless. She won’t believe in you, anyway.” Jiae looks rather... desperate, defeated. She looked sad. Was she faking it? Mom always told me not to believe in her. Jiae then walked away.

““Ma’am, she’s really sick those three days. Please believe in me and note that I think she need some treatment right away.” Wow, how could she make a doctor speaking things like this for her?

“Treatment? What do you mean, Lee Sungyeol-ssi?” Dad became stiff.

“From what I get earlier, she’s showing symptoms of vertigo. But I couldn’t be sure since I couldn’t convince her into taking full checkup.”

Oppa,” I elbowed Woohyun-oppa. He turned to me. “Ne?”

“What’s vertigo?” He frowned like he’s trying to remember things.

“If I’m not wrong, it’s kind of disease where people get disorientated like lost their balance, sort of thing.” I chuckled a bit because Woohyun-oppa looked like he’s not sure of it himself.

“Hey! I’m not Einstein, you know.” I only laughed in the lowest voice possible.

“You see, even a doctor like you couldn’t convince her to get full checkup. She lied to you too, Young Man. Open your eyes and see the truth.”

Yeah, Mom is always that harsh to anybody who believed in Jiae’s lies. Mom thought that everything that came out from Jiae’s mouth were lies. It’s kind of cruel, really.

“I’m sorry, Ma’am, but I’ve been handling patient for years and from my experience, no one could fake symptoms that she had.” Mom’s expression hardened.

That only mean that Sungyeol-guy itched Mom’s nerves.

“Are you really sure it’s vertigo?” Dad asked once again. Lee Sungyeol shook his head.

“I can’t be very sure, Sir. She need to take the checkup. And to my observation, whatever it is that she had, it’s not just a mere cold or headaches. It’s more severe than that.” He added in serious expression. Now I’m not sure if he’s faking it up because Jiae’s threat or it really was the truth.

Oppa, do you think he’s saying the truth?” Once again I leaned to Woohyun-oppa’s side and whispered to him. He raised his eyebrow at me.

“Of course. He’s a doctor, after all. It’s like work ethic? Why? Do you doubt him, Eunmi?”

“Maybe he’s told to tell those.” “Who would get benefit by him saying all of this, Eunmi?”

Now it strikes me. How could these lies benefitted Jiae? She already know neither Mom or Dad or even me would believe in that.

“I couldn’t be sure, Sir. Don’t you know about her symptoms?” Dad looked like he doesn’t anticipate that question.

“What that has to do with you?” Asked Mom.

“It’s just you sound like you don’t know anything about her symptoms. It’s pretty severe, Ma’am. Don’t you realize it?”

Umm... This Lee Sungyeol guy knows how to pick a fight with Mom.

“It’s doesn’t have anything to do with you whether I know of those or not. Now you get out of my house!”

See? He brought the beast out of Mom.

“If so, I’ll take my leave, then. I’m sorry to disturb your... family gathering, Sir, Ma’am.” He bowed and walk out the door.

Wow. What a guy.

Mom just left the living room after he’s gone from sight. I guess Mom’s really irked. Dad followed after her not so long after.

“So, would you tell me the story?” Woohyun-oppa shifted his position. I then shifted my position as well to make myself comfortable.

“Would you promise me that you would tell no one about this, Oppa?” He nodded vigorously.

“Okay... Well, Jiae is actually...” “Yes?”

“She’s really my older sister. Half-sister though. Mom had her before she married Dad.”

“Wow. She really is your sister?” I nodded.

“How could your mom hates her so deep when she’s your mom’s daughter, Eunmi?” I scratched the back of my head.

“Well, she didn’t want her from the beginning. You get what I mean, right, Oppa?” Woohyun-oppa looked like he did some hard time thinking. I chuckled.

“I see. But if she didn’t want her, why did she kept her alive? Why didn’t she abort it?”

“I heard that it’s because of my deceased Grandfather. I heard that Grandfather loved Jiae so much even before she’s born.”

Woohyun-oppa only nodded.

“Now, why isn’t she listed in your family’s identification card? Why don’t the public knew that you’re not the only daughter?”

“You have so many questions, Oppa!” I laughed at him. “Hey! I’m being serious here, Missy!”

“Well, Mom never register her as her child. She only register her and my Dad’s name to make Jiae’s birth certificate. I don’t really get it either, Oppa.” He nodded again.

“It’s too much thinking for you, right?” He asked in rather playful tone.

“Yah! You’re the one who had a hard time digesting what I’ve told you, right?” He flushed.

Oh, Woohyun-oppa is so precious.

“Smart alec.” I only laughed.

Maybe Woohyun-oppa doesn’t need to know why Mom never believes in her and why I stopped dancing. Or maybe he’ll know eventually.

-to be continued-

 


 
Well, the main POV is for sure is Jiae's but there would be some circumstances where I would use other people's POV~
sooo, mind telling me what do you think of it? I don't bite, don't worry. :)