oo9

Don't Forget Me

Word Count : 1724


I woke up on that concrete floor.

“She’s awake.” This was Inguk’s voice.

“Give her more beating, Hoya.” I didn’t even care who said it.

“I’m done.” He said in a firm tone.

“But...”

“No buts. Now leave.”

Chaser’s members made some noise, protesting about how light my punishment was according to my fault.

“I SAID GET OUT!” They shut up immediately.

“LEAVE. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.” One by one left their place. I remembered the last ones are Shindong and Siwon. I always knew they hated me.

“Inguk, Jia, help me bring her to my apartment.” He still had his back me. I couldn’t move my body at all. I feel someone lift me up, I just give in. Now that there’s no Chaser’s members around, I know Hoya wouldn’t be that mean.

***

Once again I woke up. Now on a coach in a familiar room with purple wallpaper.

“You wake up?” Hoya was sitting on a couch that paralleled with mine, forming a L shape.

“Yeah.” I shifted my position.

“Does it hurt?” I laughed.

“Of course it does, moron.” He looked down.

“Sorry for that, Jiae.”

“Don’t mind that, Hoya. It’s alright. It is your responsibility.”

“Hey, we’re not on the basecamp. No ‘Hoya’-ing me.” He scolded me. I only chuckled.

“Yeah, yeah, Oppa. But really, it’s unavoidable. You have to do it since you are the leader. You have to keep Chaser in it’s way.” He stood up and moved to sit by me.

“But looks like I overdid it.”

“Oppa, it’s okay. I already know this when I decided to interfere. I come prepared.” I smiled. He ruffled my hair.

“Now tell me the real reason you decided to mess with Bangtan.”

“They almost Eunmi, Oppa.” He looked shocked.

“I just can’t let them have their way.” He smiled. “You are a great sister, you know?”

“I’m not. Now, what did Bangtan’s guy told you.” “Who?”

“He introduced himself as Taehyung. He told me to memorized his name because I’m so gonna get trouble.” I unconsciously pouted. Now it’s Howon-oppa’s (Hoya’s real name) turn to laugh.

“His name is Taehyung, Jiae. His code name is V, though. I’m surprised he told you his real name.” He ruffled my hair.

“Well, in our private conversation, there’s me, Inguk and Jia alongside RapMon, Bangtan’s leader and both of his trusted subordinates, V and Jungkook, it’s obvious that he has hots for you, Babygirl.” I pinked.

“Yah, Oppa! I’m serious here!”

“It’s true! We’re actually friends and I always know that you’re just his type, Jiae. Strong but also a sweetheart, someone who he can relied on but on the same time could rely on him.” I pinked.

“You should tell him my gratitude for his praise later then.” Howon-oppa just nodded.

“RapMon told me you’re interesting, too. He said that he always underestimated our Queen of Street Fight but after your fight with V, he knew you’re a great fighter.” “How come?”

“You don’t fight only for yourself. They want to get to know you better, you know?”

“Too bad they can’t do it. I’m quitting, remember?” His face stiffened.

“You’re serious about you quitting Chaser?” I nodded.

“Why?”

“I would only be a burden for Chaser in the future, Oppa.”

“Your headaches?”

Once again I nodded at him.

“What about your headaches, Darl?” There’s no point lying to Howon-oppa. He wouldn’t let me quit without a good reason.

“It worsened. To the point where I passed out because of it. I passed out for three freaking days, Oppa! Three freaking days!”

“Whoa, whoa. Easy there, Baby.”

“Don’t ‘baby’ me!” He laughed. “I end up at the hospital for three freaking days, Oppa. What if I passed out in a fight? Wouldn’t I be the weakness of Chaser? I don’t want that.” He circled his arm around me and leaned his head against mine.

“Chaser meant so much for me, Oppa. It’s Byunghee-oppa’s legacy, it’s your gang now. It’s a place where I felt accepted. Chaser is my family. I don’t want to be the cause of Chaser’s breakdown, Oppa.” I leaned on his shoulder.

“I know.”

“You meant so much for me too, Oppa.” He chuckled.

“Of course! I’m your first older brother. I would be offended if I don’t mean anything for you.” I smiled.

“Yea. Thanks for all of things you’ve done with me, Oppa.”

“Out of nowhere, I want you to list all of those things, Little Sis.” He patted my head. I laughed.

“Well, you were the one who picked me up after I fought with my neighborhood’s boys. You took me to Byunghee-oppa’s place and asked him to treat my wounds since you don’t know how.”

“I remember that. You cried so hard when I told you I was going to get you to Byunghee-hyung’s place.”

“I cried because of many things, Oppa! It’s not because of I’m afraid of Byunghee-oppa.”

He gave me a look.

“Okay, I was afraid of him. But it’s not the only reason.” I puffed my cheeks.

“After that, you said that you’re interested in me because I never cried except for that one. You taught me how to fight and boxing. You gave me the older-brother figure that I’ve never had. Byunghee-oppa gave me the father-figure, though.”

“You did pretty well at boxing back then. Too bad Byunghee-hyung doesn’t give you permission to keep doing it.”

“Boxing was fun. Too bad I couldn’t do it anymore.” I puffed my cheeks.

“Why?”

“I lost my gloves.”

He laughed heartily. “Poor you!”

I punched him lightly. “Byunghee-oppa doesn’t give me permission after I ended up at the hospital because of YOU beating me up to pulp. You forgot that part, Oppa?”

His laughter died. “Mianhae.”

“Don’t mind it.” I laughed again.

“I remember us three going everywhere together.” I said once again, remembering how Byunghee-oppa looked like mother chicken with Howon-oppa and me tailing him everywhere.

“Mostly like we tailed him everywhere. Remember that one time when he’s getting sick of you? He snapped at you, telling you to go home and away from his flat but you’re so thick-headed that you sit in front of his door. The next day you fell sick.” We laughed. Byunghee-oppa’s face from that time is so priceless.

“He’s so panicked the next day because I caught a fever, am I right?” Howon-oppa nodded while restraining his laughter.

“Come to that, you still hated hospitals, Jiae?” I just hung my head low.

“It took Byunghee-oppa away. Of course I still hated it. Every single time I’m in there, the only thing in my mind is how he passed away in that white building named hospital.”

Two years ago, Byunghee-oppa had dengue fever. He was admitted to the hospital but in the end he passed away. I loved him very much as he was one who loves me like his own daughter and sister. He cared for me, he held me close and  listened to my problems. He and Howon-oppa were always there in a brighter phase of my life. His death was... something I couldn’t just accept.

“I remember him telling us, Jia and Inguk to continue Chaser, how he begged me to take over his place in case something happened and not to drag you too deep in case you found your true fate. In the end, he knew you the best.” I tilted my head, facing him this time.

“Really?”

“What? He knew you the best? Of course, Babygirl. You’re an open book for him.”

“No! The one that he begged you.”

He laughed. “It’s not begging, actually. More like private words from man to man. He asked me to be Chaser’s leader. I asked him why didn’t he pick you? Honestly, you were better than me and gang members respected you more than me. He said that he believed that I’m the one to be the leader and you’re the one who need not to be too involved in these whole things.” He touched the tip of my nose.

“He told me that someday, you will have to quit this underground world. He’s preparing your way out. He even told me to protect you. Really, he loves you very much.” He patted my head.

“Yeah, he’s my Dad.” I teared up remembering every tiny details about him.

“I don’t think it’s only in that way, Babygirl.”

“Don’t ruin the moment, please, Oppa?”

He laughed. “But maybe he’ll be happier if you forgot his confession and keep thinking of him as an oppa.”

I only nodded. “Even you don’t read me the way he did, Oppa.” I chuckled.

“Hey! I have Eunji, okay? Of course I couldn’t read you like that old man did back then.”

We laughed.

“Now, don’t you ever think you’re not loved, okay? You’re loved by Byunghee-hyung, me, Jia, Inguk, Eunji and even those Bangtan boys.” I giggled.

“You took great care of me, Oppa. I’m forever indebted to you.” I rested my head on his chest.

“Just live your life normally, Baby. Fall in love with a guy who really loves you and live happily ever after, okay?” I nodded once.

“Don’t fall in love with that... I forgot what your ex’s name is.”

“Bang Yongguk, Idiot.”

“Yeah. That Yongguk type of guy. I hated how you look after you broke up with him. No, I hate his existence after all. I’m sure Byung-hyung hates him to the core, too. The point is for you,” he squeezed my nose, “not to ever fall for that worst kind of men, the humiliation of menfolk.” I chuckled.

“You’re the best Oppa I could ever had, Howonnie-oppa.” I hugged him tight.

“I’ll pretend I never heard that, then. Byunghee-hyung would be furious somewhere.” We laughed.

“Now, I’ll go get your uniform from the washing machine. Do you want me to give you a ride home or do you want to stay here for a night?” He tapped my temple lightly.

“Could I stay, please?”  I could feel his nod.

“Really?”

“Yes, of course. Because I had this uncomfortable feeling that you would go somewhere far. So, we’re in the need of BSBN!”

“What?” I was... busted?

“Yeah. Brother-Sister-Bonding-Night!” He exclaimed.

“Yah, Oppa, you know what? You sounds so gay.” And we’re laughing til we finally dozed off.

***

-to be continued-


I invented an idiom! XD

I already use that to my so-called older brother and he's laughing a lot. LOL

anyways, I won't update next week since I'll have my midterm exam starting this Friday until next Friday.. T.T

Wish me luck since I really need this for my scholarship, okaaay? :)

thank you for reading and expet my next update~

Ciaooo!!