oo4

Don't Forget Me

Well, I forgot to tell you guys that I don't even know why do the first two chapter rated as M. Maybe some cursing language. *laughs* But really, according to my current plot, there won't be any ual scene. 

So, here it is, guys. Enjoy your reading. 

 


 

Word count :1599 words

 


My heart still ached if I remind myself about those days. Well, it’s very silly, to be honest. Silly in which I was silly, being naive and all of that. How could I believe that someone will love me afterall? Moreover, his-type of person; jocks, kingkas with looks and fame. I wouldn’t be loved, end of the story.

I reached up and traced the clouds’ paths on the sky, wondering why wouldn’t it rain now since it’s dark already. The sun’s still shining but there were too many dark clouds over the sky.

Just now, I really want to laugh at myself, remembering another moments. Bittersweet, but they’re pretty much my sunshine.

Suddenly, the rooftop’s door opened. I could feel my heart beats faster. It wouldn’t be good if I got caught by another teacher. Jinsil would beat me up.

“Aren’t you supposed to attend your class, Young Girl?”

Well, that was a very familiar voice. Seconds later, I could hear footsteps nearing me.

“Right, Jiae?”

I turned my head and smirked while looking at her face.

“Way to go, Soojung.” Out of nowhere, she ran to me and hugged me tight.

“Do you feel sick? Or have you passed out somewhere? You eat your food regularly, right? What time did you sleep last night?” She bombarded me with questions. Yeah, great. Just the way she is.

“Slow down, Soojung-unnie. I can’t even hear all of your questions.” I hugged her back.

“I’m just worried.”

I unconsciously smiled. “I know that.”

“Are you dizzy? You could sleep on infirmary.”

I shook my head. “You don’t have to do that. I don’t want to burden you any longer.”

She patted my hair.

Well, this must be confusing. Since when Cho Jiae, the Queen of Street-Fight, would be so polite to someone, let alone to actually let anyone hug her freely. But this one was an exception.

“I insist. I bought extra lunch for you AND I’d like to see you eat. I don’t believe that you eat something at all since you’re too skinny.”

“Whatever you say, Soojung-unnie. Do you have aspirins? My head hurts.” She nodded and took my hand.

Well, her name is Jang Soojung. She was the school’s doctor and you could say that she’s my friend. My only friend. So, to cut a long story short, I saved her from gang fights and she’s persistent enough to care about me. She genuinely cared for me and she was the one giving me medicine for last few years. Jang Soojung is more likely a family member than my own family.

Not so long afterwards, we already stood in the infirmary.

“How many do you think you need now, Jiae?”

“Three? Or four.”

She took a few aspirins and placed it on my hand. “Really, Jiae, you should get a full medical checkup soon. Those headaches are not something normal, you know.”

I just gave her a slight smile and took the aspirins. “But I’ve had them since a very long time ago. It became normal for me. No biggies, Unnie.”

She put a glass of warm strawberry milk in front of me.

“Warm milk? What are you taking me as? A pre-schooler?”

She shrugged. “Since you can’t take care of your own body, you’re not that different from a preschooler, Jiae. Moreover, strawberry milk is your favorite. Just drink that.”

Soojung was across the room by the infirmary’s beds, tidying them up. School’s doctor’s stuffs.

I rolled my eyes and gulped it down in one go.

And the truth is... Soojung-unnie is right. Strawberry milk is my favorite.

“Jiae, to be honest, I am concerned with your health lately. You get those headaches very often. I guess sometimes everything’s spinning. Am I right?”

“Are you an oracle?”

She pinched my cheeks playfully. “It’s pretty obvious. Back to the topic, I am worried that it is vertigo.”

I played with her penguin plushie on her desk. Don’t ask me why she had a penguin plushie on her desk, I want to know too.

“Vertigo? Disease where you can’t see vertical lines?”

“Pabboya!” She pouted and kicked my leg softly.

“Vertigo is sort of balance disorder. You could feel everything’s spinning off like everything in your head, right?” I only nodded once.

“It fits with one of types of vertigo, pseudovertigo. It could caused by concussion and things.”

I got dizzy with so many science.

“Spare me the details. I don’t want to know so much about that, Soojung-unnie.” She only laughed.

“The main question is I won’t be dead because of what? Vergo?” She chuckled.

“Vertigo, Jiae.”

“Yeah, whatever it is.”

“I guess so. Unless you get the attack while crossing the road.” I looked at her rather intently now since it’s not something true for me.

“What?” I still didn’t break the eye-contact.

“Wait, don’t tell me you’ve ever had those nasty headaches while crossing the street.”

“A very crowded street, yes. And yeah, these headaches are nasty.” She only patted my head.

“You should get full-check up, Jiae. I am truly worried.”

“Don’t be.” I smiled. Someone like me don’t deserve anyone to be worried over me.

“If it’s about the bill, I could settle them...”

“No. It’s okay, Soojung-unnie. I am okay. I don’t like hospitals so please, don’t push me.” She shot me a sad-smile.

“I will be okay, unnie.” She didn’t say anything so I know that she wouldn’t decide anything against me.

“So, I like the idea of getting some rest. You’ll be cool if I get enough rest, right?”

“Well, I don’t think you could attend your classes with heavy headaches like those. Just sleep then, dear. I’ll go talk to your teachers.” She was about to walk out of the room but I stopped her.

“Don’t bother. They’ll feel rather happy if I’m not on their class. Just stay, unnie.”

She stopped her steps.

“Don’t say things like that, Jiae. You’re not like what they think, I know the best.”

“Leave it as they are, Soojung-unnie. It’s fine by me.” I laid my head on the pillow and all I saw was white. I drifted off.

***

“... Jiae. Jiae, wake up.” Someone shook my body.

“Who are you?” I ask it as matter of fact since I didn’t feel like opening my eyes at all.

“Don’t who-are-you-ing me, Jiae. It’s already late, let’s go home.” When I opened my eyes, there she stood with a guy next to her.

Well, it’s her husband, Jang Dongwoo.

“Oh, you came, Dongwoo-ssi.” The mean-looking guy smiled rather widely.

“Yeah, picking this cutie up.” He nudged Soojung’s arm, making her blush.

“So, Jiae, pack up your things. We’ll give you a ride home.” He circled his arm around Soojung’s shoulder.

“Oh? There’s no need, Dongwoo-ssi. It’s okay by me. Just go on a date, you two.” I chuckled. I could feel their stare.

“What? You two will pass as a newlywed couple. Go on dates. I’m okay by my own. I’m a gang member after all. I’m used to walking home alone. Don’t worry.” Dongwoo looked at me like I’m the strangest thing possible. Coming from him, it’s not even counted as insult since he’s as strange as me.

“But you’re a girl, Jiae. And it’s Thursday night. We don’t go out on Thursday night.” I ignore the details. Really, who would want to know about their date schedule?

“I could protect myself. You know what, you two sounds like parents.” I laugh but they don’t. They look at each other and shifted their gaze to me.

“That’s not an insult, you know. I’m glad that two of you cares about me but I’ll be fine.” I assured them.

“Okay, I’ll go first. See you tomorrow, Soojung-unnie, Dongwoo-ssi.” I pick my backpack up (maybe Soojung-unnie get them from my class because I don’t remember bringing my backpack here), waved a short goodbye and left before they insist on driving me home.

The school’s dark; very dark and eerily quiet.

It would be embarrassing if anyone found out that Cho Jiae is not very fond of darkness. I could bring seven big guys down but afraid of darkness. It’s not something to be proud of.

She hold onto Yongguk’s arm tight, making Yongguk look at her, puzzled.

“Just keep walking, Guk.” She tries to avoid Yongguk’s gaze. Yongguk smiled at her and patted her head.

“Are you afraid of darkness, Sweetheart?”

“What?! No! Of course no! That’s a nonsense, Guk!” She shot up and accidentally met Yongguk’s eyes. She practically shrink. It doesn’t slip Yongguk’s eyes. He chuckles and ruffles Jiae’s hair rather lovingly.

“Sure, sure, Sweetheart.” Jiae pouted. She refuse to say anything.

“But don’t worry, Jiae, I am here to protect you. Don’t be afraid of the dark because it fears me.” Jiae laughs right away.

“Guk, it sounds foolish.” “But you laugh, sweetheart.” “True much.” They just walk down the street then.

 

Memories.

Yeah, good memories from good days. Bang Yongguk in my mind is Bang Yongguk from that time, no matter what he does now.

“AAA!” I heard screams. My senses sharpened.

“STAY AWAY FROM ME!” The scream’s heard again. I don’t want to believe in my hearing but it just sounds like Eunmi. She won’t be here, outside, alone at this time of day, right?

But what day is it again?

‘And it’s Thursday night....’

Crap! It’s Thursday. Eunmi must go out for her piano course. I ran toward the voice right away. Eunmi must be in danger. What do that girl think, going out alone at night? Stupid girl!

 

-to be continued-

 

 


 
Well, I am a troll. *laughs*
please, wait for my next update and thank you for reading.