Twenty Three

Hospital Room 114

It’s been almost a week when he stopped going to the hospital. He kept his words to her mom but he always felt guilty and ashamed for abandoning her without having any clue why he disappeared all of a sudden. He just can’t stop thinking about her, he just started to zoned out when he’s dancing, talking with the members. Heck! He even zones out when he’s in the bathroom. He can’t even eat properly that’s why his been losing 3kgs in six days. The members tried to talk to him but he would just shake them off and said that it was nothing. But they always knew that it’s about Sojin. Duh. He’s crazy for her.

He was on his bedroom as he was busy reading a manga and to keep his mind off for a while. But every time he stops himself from thinking about her, she would just suddenly pop inside his mind and that’s driving him crazier. D.O then entered their room as he dried his hair with a towel. He noticed Kai that was staring into space as he sighed, feeling sorry for his best friend. He tried calling him but it seems like he couldn’t hear him. So, he ‘accidentally’ kicked his leg that was hanging by the bed. He was surprised as he shook his head and turned to the person who disturbed him from his thoughts.

“Oh. Kyungsoo.”

“Aren’t you coming?” He asked as he searched inside his drawer.

“No. I’m not in the mood anyway,” He answered as he turned his back towards him. “Come on, Kai. Loosen up.”

“Not today, hyung,” He said as he tucked his head beneath his pillow.

The door suddenly opened as D.O turned around to acknowledge the person. Chen’s head suddenly popped in as he stared at him with his big saucers. “What is it?” He asked as his eyes suddenly landed to Kai, “There’s someone who wants to see Kai right now.”

Kai removed the pillow as he heard his name being called. He turned to look at D.O as he gave him a curious look, not knowing who might be the unexpected guest. “You have a visitor,” He said as he cocked his head towards their front door. “Who?” He asked as he shrugged. “Go check it out,” He ordered. He sighed and stood up from bed as he slightly fixed his hair.

“Living room,” Chen said when he saw Kai coming out from his room. “Thanks,” He answered as he flattened out his sweater.  He heard voices from the living room but there is this one very familiar voice. “Oh! Kai is . . “The sound of Chanyeol’s voice started to drift away as his eyes landed on the girl that is sitting in their couch. She turned around only to meet eyes with him.

“Sojin.” He softly called.

She stood up as she approached him to his very spot as stood there frozen still surprised by the sudden visit of someone. He watched as she walked towards her. “I.. I can…” He stuttered as he tried to find the right words to say.

“Shh.” She put her finger on his plump lips as his eyes widened. Before he could predict what was going to happen next, a balled fist was pressed on his abdomen as he clutched his stomach and let out a moan. The members were also shocked at her sudden action.

“What the he—“He stopped when he saw her teary eyes. She bit her lip to suppress her tears as she just glared at Kai. His eyes soften as he sighed. She turned around as she wiped her eyes with the sleeves of her coat.

“I’m sorry, Sojin,” He said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. She harshly looked at him as she intensely glared at him. “I’m sorry,” He muttered as she sniffed. She drew forward as she started slapping his whole body.

“No! You’re not sorry! How can you betray me? I hate you, Kai. I hate you! You’re so heartless! Selfish! You bastard! You’re so mean!” She cried as he tried to shield himself from her continuous slapping. The members just watched the two fight even though half of them are enjoying it. “Let me explain. Please.” He cried out.

“NO!” She blurted.

“Please,” He begged. “Don’t make this hard for the both of us.”

“Hard? You’re the one who left me!” She yelled. Kai didn’t have any choice as he grabbed both of her hands and crossed it together. “Let’s talk,” He said. “I don’t want to,” She retorted as her eyes were already red. “I’m sorry if I had to do this,” He bent down as he wrapped his arm around his waist and quickly placed her on his shoulder. Her eyes widened as he slapped his back, “Yah! Put me down!”

“Sorry to bother you guys. We’ll just take this in my room,” He said as their eyes widened. “What does he mean, Hyung?” Sehun whispered to Suho hyung. “Are they going to do it? Is that it?” He added as he slapped the young male’s arm. “Yah! Sehun!” He scolded.

The door slammed as he placed her down on his bed. She was shocked as she looked around. “Yah! You’re not planning anything, right?” She asked as she crossed her arms across her chest. He leaned down, “Why? Do you want me to?” He smirked as she suddenly shouted. He quickly covered his mouth as he hushed her down. “Don’t scream. The members might think that we’re doing something else.” He whispered as she nodded.

She sighed as she placed her hands on her lap. “Why?” She asked as he looked at him with her puffy red eyes. “Why did you leave me all of a sudden?” She softly cried as he sat next to her. He cupped her cheeks as he wiped away her tears, “Don’t cry, Sojin. Please.”

“I can’t. It won’t stop.” She sniffed as he chuckled at her cuteness. He pulled her into a hug as he slowly lay down on the soft mattress. He rubbed her back as he calmed her down.

“Are you okay now?” He asked after a few minutes.  He peeked at her as she slowly raised her head wipe her eyes. She nodded as she lifted her body away from him. “I’m sorry about your sweater,” She said as he looked at the tear-stained shirt that he have on. “It’s okay.” He chuckled as the two of them sat up.

“I’m sorry about what happened back there,” She said as she looked down. “I..I was just upset and..” He placed his hand on top of hers as she looked at him, “It’s okay, Sojin. I know why you did that and I probably deserved it.”

“Then can you tell me the reason?” She asked as he sighed. “Don’t get mad, okay?” He asked as she nodded.

“Promise?”

“I promise.”

Kai then started to tell her about what happened last week ago as Sojin listened to him intently. How can her mother to that to her? Taking away her only happiness was already selfish enough.

“So, she told you to do that?” She asked as he nodded. “You’re not mad, are you?” He asked as she shook her head. “I’m just a bit upset,” She answered. Because of the sudden turn of events, he just realized that Sojin is inside their dorm and not at her hospital room, a place that she needs to be at right now.

“Wait, how did you come here anyway?”

“I called your manager.”

“Did your mother allowed you to come here?”

“No. I escaped.” She calmly answered just like it was a natural thing for her to escape.

“What?! Are you crazy?” He blurted as she softly laughed.

“Relax, Ahjussi. My mother is in Singapore right now and I told Nurse Jung to cover for me while I’m gone.” She explained as he nodded. “Woa. You’re really good.” He praised her as she smirked. He started to slide down on his bed as he slowly lied down on his bed with his head under his crossed arms. “How long will she be gone?” He asked as he looked at her, still sitting. “Uhm. . a week.” She muttered.

He noticed that she was nervous as he poked her arm. She flinched from his touch as she nervously looked at him. “Why?” She turned to him but quickly looked away. “Why are you nervous all of a sudden?” He chuckled.

“It’s. .it’s my first time to be in a boy’s bed.” She stuttered. “You just noticed that just now? You’ve been in here for an hour now.” He teased. She tensely stood up, “Really? Let’s go outside then. It’s more. .” He grabbed her wrist as she stopped. “Wh-what are you doing?” She anxiously asked as he looked down. “Let’s stay here for a while.” He muttered. “But. .”

“Please.”

She sighed as she sat on her bed. “Lay down,” He ordered as she carefully lay on his bed. He his side as he placed his arm under her head. The two of the just stared at each other, trying to be comfortable.

“I’m sorry, Sojin. I really am.” He muttered as she nodded. He softly tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear as he kissed her forehead. “You won’t do that again, right?” She asked as he smiled at her and nodded. “I was really scared when you didn’t show up the next day,” She said as she closed her eyes and memories of it flooded her mind. She slowly opened her eyes as she stared at his face.

“But you’re here,” She placed her hand on his cheek as she smiled. He held her hand that was on his cheek as he placed in on his lips and gave it a kiss. He suddenly eyed at her lips as he looked at her, “Can I?” She nodded as he slowly leaned it. He pulled her closer as he captured her lips. He pulled away as he leant his forehead against hers.

“I missed that.”

“Me too.”