Eleven

Hospital Room 114

She stared outside the window as droplets of rain hits the glass. She started to draw scribbles on the clear, glass window with her fingers as she traced the tiny droplets on the other side. She bit her lip as she looked around the room. Knowing that no one is there with her inside the room, she slightly opened the window as she slowly put her hand out to get some of that clear, liquid crystal from the sky. She had a satisfied smile on as she put her other hand out.

A sudden gasp was heard when someone ran towards her. “Ms. Kang! You’re not allowed to do that!” She scolded as she quickly draws back her hands. She stepped back as Nurse Jung hurriedly closed the window. “Ms. Kang, how many times do I have to tell you that you shouldn’t open the window when it’s raining? You might get sick.” She scolded as she looked. “I’m sorry, Nurse Jung. I just—“

She sighed, “I understand you, Ms. Kang. But, please, don’t disobey your mother’s order.”

She bit her bottom lip as she nodded. She held her shoulder as she smiled at her. “There’s a delivery to you. Why don’t you go and open it up.” She said as she beamed. “There is?”

“Hm. It’s right there.” She answered as she cocked her head towards the table. She turned around but got surprised when he saw someone standing by the door. He was more shocked when he was caught by her. “Uh..” He stuttered as he tried to make an excuse.

“Ahjussi, have you been standing there for awhile now?”

He gulped as he opened his mouth to talk, but no words came out. Well, he had been standing there for awhile, when she was being scolded by Nurse Jung because of what she saw doing when she came inside her room. When she said awhile, it means he saw everything.

“No. I just got here.” He said as she gave him a smile. “Oh! Okay!”

“Mr. Kim, come in!” Nurse Jung said as she pulled him inside. He curtly bowed as he let himself be dragged by her. “I’ll leave you guys right now. Just call me when you need anything.” She said as she walked towards the door. She briefly stopped as she turned towards him, “Oh, and Mr. Kim, don’t let Ms. Kang near the window.” He responded with a nod as she left the two inside.

He raised an eyebrow as he looked at her curiously. “What is it?” She asked as she sat on the couch and placed the notebook on her lap to answer the number where she left off. “What was that awhile ago?” He asked as she shrugged.

“What are you doing?” He leaned on the backrest of the couch as he tried to look at the papers that were sprawled out in the couch. “Homework, and he gave me a lot.” She puffed her cheeks and blew the air out as he quietly chuckled.

“I have to finish these within 3 days.” She pouted. “Do you want me to help you?” He asked as she gave him a curious look. “What?” He cocked an eyebrow. She abruptly stood up, “Who are you and what did you do with Jongin?!” She accusingly pointed a finger at him.

He never helped someone, or offered a help to anyone because he’s a selfish spoiled brat who only knows to think of himself. She was really shocked when he offered her a help that he even accused him of someone else.

“I’m Jongin, and only Jongin.” He said as he shoved her hands away. “Impossible? Jongin is selfish! He never offered a help for someone. Never!” She blurted, giving him a double. His lips twitched as he resisted himself from yelling at her. “Yah! Wh-what do you mean selfish?” He asked as calm as possible.

“Nothing.” She quickly answered as she ran away. “Yah! Get back here!” He cried as he tried to catch her. She suddenly stopped running when a loud grumble of the sky was heard outside. His chest bumped onto her back as he balanced himself just in time. “Why did you stop?” He asked.

She stepped towards the window. “Yah! Nurse Jung told me to keep you far from the window.” He said. “How does it feel like?” She suddenly asked as he gave her a curious look. “What do you mean?”

“How does it feel like to be outside?” She asked as she placed her hand on the glass window. “How does it feel like to be under the rain?”

That’s when he grew more curious. Seeing the longing in her eyes as she watched the rain outside. He was more curious now. He wanted to know why they were acting this way when she just opened her window. He wanted to know more about her.

“It’s okay.” He shortly answered. He grabbed her hand as he removed the lock of the window.  “Ahjussi! What are you doing?” She worriedly asked. “Trust me.” He smiled as he opened the window. He grabbed her other hand as he placed both of her hands outside the window.

She watched as drops of rain came down on her hands as she slightly smiled. “The rain symbolizes sadness.” She muttered. “Why is that?” He asked as he stood beside her. “It’s a secret.” She said as he chuckled.

“You’ll know the reason someday.”