Eighteen

Hospital Room 114

"Pay up!" Sehun ordered as he raised his hand in front of Tao. He gave him a looked as he raised his eyebrow, "Huh? What for?" He smirked, "I just won from one of our bets."

"What? Chanyeol-hyung confessed that he's gay?" He retorted a bit loud as everyone shot them a look. "Yah! Yah! Yah!" Chanyeol blurted as they both laughed. "No, that's not it." He answered as Tao tilted his head, "Then, which one?"

The talk of the day came in right on time as he entered the room. All of them clapped as they walked towards him to congratulate him for the achievement that he made a few days ago. "Wha-what's up with you guys?" He gave them a curious look as Kris slung his arm around his shoulders. "I heard what you did with Sojin." He softly whispered as his eyes widened.

"WHAT?! HOW DID YOU GUYS KNOW?!"

"We heard it from a bird." Kris snickered. "By bird, you mean Luhan hyung?" He cried as he gave him a death glare. Luhan stood there innocently as he rubbed his neck, "I had to. We're one, right?" He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, hyung but, you don't have to tell them everything. We still have boundaries to everything."

"Sorry." He muttered.

"So, you two are dating now?" Sehun asked.

"No."

"What? Then Luhan told us that you two kissed." Xiumin suddenly blurted. He grew more furious as he looked at Luhan with an intense glare that could already passed through Luhan's head. "Oops." Luhan meekly smiled. "Yea, we kissed but, we didn't confess anything with each other."

"How? How can that be? Well, it's straight to dating since you two kissed." He just shrugged, "I don't know." Kris sighed, "If you don't asked her now then, you'll always be friends and nothing more."

 

"Ask her okay. Goodluck!" They cheered for him as he went out from the van. This mark his first visit to her after the kissed they both had. His heart started to quicken as he entered through the glass door. He breathed in and out as he walked through the white hall that leads to his destination.

He gave two knocks on the metal door as he waited for someone to answer. As soon as he heard her voice, he grew more nervous. He opened the door and he was greeted by the most beautiful scene that his eyes ever laid on. He started to feel relaxed as he heard his name being called excitedly.

"Oh! Jongin. . .Ahjussi!"

Right at that moment, all of his thoughts about them being together immediately died. That one word that shot his confidence down. She still thought of him as a friend then. "Oh! Hey." He weakly greeted as she tilted her head. "Are you okay?" She worriedly asked as she checked his temperature. "I'm fine." He said as she removed her hand from him. She smiled, "Turn that frown upside down, Ahjussi!" He smiled even though that word already stabbed him so many times. "Better."

 

"Ahjussi! Ahjussi!" He cried as he talked to his pillow. "After that kissed she still calls me 'Ahjussi'. Aishhh! Why did I even do that? Of course, nothing's gonna change. I just kissed her. Just kissed her!" He blurted as he ruffled her hair a million times. "I should've just confessed to her." He sobbed. He just voiced out all of his frustrations s were listening just outside his room.

"Woah. Kai must be frustrated right now." Sehun muttered as they all nodded. "Poor, Kai."

 

"Okay. I'm going to walk straight towards her and asked her what we really are." He thought as he waited for the elevator to stop on his floor. The door opened, "Fighting!"

He saw her sitting at the cafeteria while reading a book. He nodded as he ready himself. He quickly took his steps towards him but something stopped him from continuing. A guy sat beside her. A guy sat beside. . Sojin. And. . . they know each other. He looked down and turned around. His confidence died down within an instant.

"Jongin Ahjussi!" He stopped on his tracks as he battled his thoughts if he will turn around or not. He just ignored her and acted like he didn't hear her. He continues his steps as her voice died down.

 

It has been weeks and the two haven't seen each other yet. s were all worried because Kai was always gone just after practice but, now he has been hanging out with them everyday. The member grew tired of Kai always being around that even on their rest day he insist them to go out or do something. That's why the member thought that they need to step it up now.

"Hyung! Let's go out!" He sat beside Luhan who was busy napping on the couch. He stirred, "Go away, Kai! I'm sleeping."

"But, hyung. . "

Luhan couldn't take it anymore as he harshly stood up from the couch and threw the pillow. "Aish! Yah! What's wrong with you? It's our rest day and you kept asking everybody to go out! We can't even afford to have one day all to ourself because of our schedules and we can't even spend it because of you. It's not all about you, Kai. Can you atleast give this small amount of time to us?"

Kai just sat there, shocked at Luhan's sudden blow. All the members gathered in the livingroom when they heard the sudden burst of frustrations of Luhan. Suho couldn't stand it anymore so he decided to drop it, even though Luhan already did it first.

"Kai, let's talk." He softly said as he sighed. He stood up and followed him to the small balcony. "I know Luhan just dropped a big bomb to you but let's face it, Kai, we're all tired. So, why don't you tell me what's going on? Is it about Sojin?"

"Remember the time when you guys told me that I need to confirm what our relationship really was." He started off. "Well, when I was on my way to the cafeteria, I saw him with someone else. She was smiling and it feels like she's better of without me. Maybe, the kiss was just nothing."

"So, you stopped visiting her?" He asked as he nodded. "I don't know, Hyung. I think I just need to forget all about it just like what she did." He explained. "Well, you haven't try asking her about it so why are you giving up all of a sudden?" He asked as he tried to boost his confidence. "Look, Kai. Sojin is a great girl and you can't afford to lose someone like her. You're there now. Why are you stopping just because of a guy? Come on, Kai. You're better than this." He said as he tapped his back and left him thinking for awhile.

 

"Ahjussi!" She excitedly called him as she quickly ran up to him, leaving his friend behind. "Did you miss me that much?" He joked as he had a cockly smile on. "Yah! Where have you been?" She continually slapped him on his arm as he winced in pain. "Why weren't you answering my texts or calls? You're so mean!" She said as tears were forming in her eyes.

His eyes suddenly softens as he tried to stop himself from hugging her. "Well, I thought you were fine with him so I stopped visiting you." He teased. "Him?" She asked as she raised any eyebrow. He cocked his head to the side as he pointed towards the direction of the person he was talking about.

She turned around as she saw the guy she was with moments ago. "Oh. That's Jaehyun Oppa." She said as his eyes bulged out. "Oppa?!" He blurted as she nodded. "Let's go!" She said as he dragged him by his arm.

"Oppa! I want you to meet Jongin Ahjussi." She introduced. "And Ahjussi, this is Nam Jaehyun." The two did a handshake as they were introduced with each other. "Nice to meet you." Jaehyun said as he nodded. "You, too."

This is harder that what he expected.