Twenty

Hospital Room 114

“I’m leaving now.”  He said as he picked up his bag and hurriedly left the practice room. “Yah! You need to at least rest.” Suho shouted but the latter male already left.

“Kai is really into Sojin, huh?” Kris said as he wiped his neck with a towel. “Yea, but he’s a total loser.” Sehun said as he drank from his water bottle. “Yah! Kai is not a ‘total’ loser. Just mild.” Chanyeol snickered.

 

She saw Sojin by the garden that was located at the back of the hospital. He slowly approached her as he watched her peacefully observing that was everything around her. And he suddenly realized that she’s alone. He smiled, “Finally! Some alone time.” He thought.

“It seems like you’re in peace.” He said as she recognized the voice without even looking at him. She smiled, “You’re here.” He sat beside her as she scooted to give him some space to seat. “Yea. It just happen that I passed by.” He lied. “That’s sweet of you.” She softly giggled.

“What are you doing here?” He asked. “I don’t know. I just felt like coming here.” She answered as she closed her eyes and the wind passed by, disheveling their hair. He just stared at her face as he unknowingly reached for the strand of hair that was stuck on her face and she slowly opened her eyes. She turned her gaze towards him and didn’t bother his sudden action. He gulped as he nervously tucked it behind her ear.

The two stared deeply into each other. His gape suddenly diverted into his soft, plump, pink lips but he stopped himself from pulling her close and kissing those lips of hers. “I. . .” They were interrupted when somebody cleared their throat. The two pulled away from the intense staring contest. “Sorry to bother you guys, but Mr. Nam is waiting for you right now Ms. Kang.” Nurse Jung said who just suddenly popped out of nowhere.

“Oh! Yes. I’ll be right there, Nurse Jung.” She said as she bowed towards us and left. Sojin awkwardly looked at him and cleared , “We better go now.” She said and he nodded.

 

Sojin was scheduled for an important appointment and the boys where left waiting for her in the lobby. The two just sat there and embraced the silence that was lingering since the two were in there.

“So, Kai.” He started off as he didn’t paid attention to even look at him and he just kept himself busy with his phone. “What is your relationship with Sojin?” He asked as he looked at him and just stared at him. “Why are you even talking to me?” He codly said as he just chuckled. “Come on, Kai. I know you really hate me because I just suddenly popped out of nowhere, but at least let me change that impression of yours towards me.” He said as he just sighed.

“Uhm, let me guess, you’re one of her friends in pre-school?” He asked as he didn’t answer. “Long lost cousin?” Still no response. “Ex-boyfriend who tries to get back with her?” Still, nothing. “A suitor.”

“Why does it even matter to you anyway?”

“Because, I’m curious. “

“Why is that?”

“I like her.” He didn’t budge or anything because it was pretty obvious anyway. Taehyun chuckled when he noticed that he wasn’t interested at his sudden answer. “Okay, I don’t. I once liked her, but she doesn’t feel the same way. Well, a typical one-sided love.” He shrugged and that caught his attention.

“You? What is your relationship with her?”

“I met her in this very hospital. We became friends and I suddenly fell in love with her. She was unlovable, you know? She’s so sunny. So optimistic and so fragile.” He said as he agreed with every word he said.

“You like her, right?”

He didn’t respond as he just looked down. “I can see it.” He said. “Because that is how I look like when I was falling for her.”

“I came here because I wanted to spend my remaining days with my first love. Yea, I know, it’s a bit cheesy, but I want to have good memories before I leave.”

“Why are you leaving?”

“Personal stuffs.” He answered. “Why aren’t you coming back?” He asked as he shrugged. “I don’t think I can come back after I leave.” He said as he sighed.

He placed his hand on his shoulder and gave it a pat. “Take care of her, okay?” He smiled as he shoved his hand away. “Yah!  Where do you think you’re touching? We’re not even close. Of course, I’ll take care of her even though you won’t tell me.” He harshly answered as he chuckled.

“Of course you will.”