Chapter 3

Misunderstandings and Truths

Chapter 3

            Even though the first day of school was rougher than it should have been the next two weeks went by smoothly.No fights,no extra homework, everything was great. Donghae joined the soccer team,he has always loved soccer.He got along better with heechul and hangeng now too. He found out that hangeng was part of the dance team and that him and heechul are apparently dating. Donghae really was not surprised by that considering how heechul acts completely spoiled by hangeng. Everything seemed good that was until he went home.

"what do you mean dad got transferred and we have to move"donghae says shocked.

"I am sorry honey but it just happened I know you want to finish school here." his mother replies feeling sorry.

"Is there really no way I can stay here? I want to finish highschool here with siwon and henry. I can live on my own I'm already 16." Donghae begs.

"honey it's not that we don't trust you but it's dangerous to live alone. I’m sorry." his mother responds.

"Please, I'll do almost anything." donghae was serious too he hates moving all the time but up until now did it for his parents but he was old enough now.

"Let me think about it."his mother says and walks out.

Donghae sighs and goes to his room falling to his bed."I really don't want to leave."

            The next morning as soon as he wakes up he hears his parents talking.

"so he does not want to leave.I can understand that."donghae's father says.

"neh...but I'm against him living alone so-" he hears his mother say but cuts her off.

"Mom please I really want to stay what do I have to do!"donghae burst out and walks over to his parents. His mother looks at him sternly.

"Eavesdropping is bad donghae and if you are going to do it wait until I finish what I say." his mother scolds.

"anyway as I was saying my best friend has a son who lives nearby and lives alone, even though he has lived alone for a while she still worries so I asked her if she would care for my son to move in with him if there is room." his mother says to his father.Donghae feels hopeful even if it meant living with a stranger he could stay great!

"Mom I love you" donghae shouts and hugs her tightly.

Donghae's little brother walks out."can I stay too?" he ask.

"No way you are too young!" both parents respond and the younger pouts.

"no fair."

            Between helping his family pack, packing his stuff, school, and soccer practice the rest of the week flew by.It was Friday now.

"so it is today isn't it?the day you move in with your mom’s friends kid." siwon ask.

"yeah...I will go with my parents and brother to airport after school once they leave I'm heading to his house." donghae says.

"Are you nervous what if it is some really weird guy? or maybe some crazy person?" henry asks. He always has such weird ideas. “I cannot believe you did not ask the person’s name”

"It has been hectic I forgot. I guess I’ll have to make it work I don't want to leave again hopefully this guy is easy to get along with and not crazy." donghae sighs even though he was actually nervous too.

            Donghae just watched his family leave at the airport. It was around 7pm now, he was headed to the address his mother gave him. He did not expect what he saw. This cannot be right, this place is too expensive! Donghae could not believe it. He knew his mom's friend was rich but this apartment building was huge. Donghae stopped staring and went in locating an elevator he headed to the 8th floor and looked for the room number given. Spotting the number he pressed the door bell, holding his breath. He knew the person went to his school but forgot to ask the name. When donghae was about to press the bell again the door opened. Donghae just stares at the red head in front of him.

"Are you just going to stand there?" a voice breaks the silence.

Hyukjae stands there in front of Donghae annoyed that the other was only staring at him. What is his problem? hyukjae thought to himself, even though was also surprised to see the guy from the shopping center in front of him. Hyukjae is against the idea of living with someone but his mom basically forced him to agree.

“ ah! No sorry.” Donghae responds and looks away.Hyukjae stepped aside letting donghae in. Donghae walks in then looks around amazed. The place is huge. Hyukjae watches donghae.Maybe he will change his mind and leave soon.

"I have somewhere to go so let us make this fast. You are free to use all the appliances here. Don't steal anything. Don’t break anything. Don't enter my room. Clean up after yourself if you make this place messy I'll kill you!" hyukjae says glaring at donghae slightly on the last part.

Donghae looks at hyukjae a little annoyed and admittedly a little scared by the  glare he was receiving .This guy’s rudeness knows no bounds.calm down donghae you know he is capable of being nice. donghae tries to convince himself.

"I don't plan on being friends with you so stay out of my business and I will stay out of yours. As for food I haven't gone shopping so there is nothing here if you want something go buy it yourself. I’m not going to pay for everything just because I’m rich!" hyukjae says not even looking at donghae as he finished putting his boots on.

"Yah! Don't you have any manners?" donghae suddenly shouts.

hyukjae looks at him sharply and suddenly as if letting everything out donghae starts ranting.

"I'm barely in the door and all you do is start spouting commands and threats shouldn't you at least welcome me or ask my name? anything you brat!"he says angrily.

'Crap what am I doing pissing him off' donghae curses at himself. I just seriously couldn't stand him talking like that as soon as I walk in.Well I already said it so better stand my ground.'

 Hyukjae stands there slightly stunned and annoyed.This bastard as soon as he sees me he looks upset but he tells me I have no manners! are you kidding me!? Hyukjae mumbles in his mind.

“Why should I be nice to people who do not deserve it. Also I do not want to be your friend so why should I care about your name, I doubt I will remember it.” Hyukjae says matter-of-factly.

Donghae stands there shocked.No wonder people do not get along with him. Though this is the most he has ever heard hyukjae talk.he just sighs. Can we really live together? Come on donghae you can do this! He mentally cheers himself.

“like it or not I live here too now and we should try getting along. You are going to be stuck with me and why do you suddenly assume I want you to pay for everything if anything we should split the cost of food and stuff.” Donghae states.

            Hyukjae glares at donghae. “we will get along as long as you leave me alone also you probably thought because I’m rich I will pay for everything, most people do, but you are wrong.” he says as he walks over and grabs something from the cabinet. “here." he hands donghae a key then points to a door "that is a house key and your room is that one. I’m going out if you leave lock the door I won’t be back until late." he says quickly and walks out before donghae can react.

This guy really! I've heard the rumors about him but did not believe them but looking at it now maybe they are all true.Rude, arrogant, goes out partying, and other such rumors. Donghae mentally complains.