Chapter 16

Misunderstandings and Truths

*beep beep beep beep* an alarm rings out.

Hyukjae mumbles incoherently as he reaches over to the side table where the beeping is coming from he grabs the clock stopping the alarm and dropping it on the floor. Donghae holds his laugh watching hyukjae as he climbed over him to get the alarm turning it off and laying back down against him.wonder how long until he realizes he is laying on my chest? donghae wonders mentally. It did not take long for hyukjae to realize his pillow is not as soft as it should be. He opens his eyes and looks up at donghae as donghae sports a huge grin.

“Morning hyukki I think you broke my alarm clock.” Donghae quickly kisses hyukjae’s lips wrapping his arms around him. Hyukjae, only half awake remains still. Unable to resist donghae kisses hyukjae again. This time hyukjae kisses back. Donghae smiles and rolls over so hyukjae is beneath him. He stares down at hyukjae. Giving in to temptation donghae leans down trails kisses on hyukjae’s neck. Hyukjae moans feeling donghae’s hand trailing down to his squeezing it.

“you are too y looking when you wake up hyukki.” Donghae whispers next to hyukjae’s ear then nibbles on it. He then moves to claim hyukjae’s lips working one hand up to hyukjae’s hand holding it as he deepens the kiss. He pulls from the kiss both panting and places his mouth on hyukjae’s jaw trailing back up to his ear moving his other hand from hyukjae’s up to his waist pushing his body closer to hyukjae’s. 

“h-hae...” hyukjae pants out moving his free hand between donghae and himself. “hmm” donghae moan next to hyukjae’s ear holding him tighter his hand sliding under hyukjae’s shirt moving upwards. “hae…stop” hyukjae moans as donghae on his neck not listening hyukjae pushes against donghae’s shoulder. “no..hae..stop!” hyukjae says his voice getting louder with each word. Donghae freezes and pulls back his eyes meeting hyukjae’s that at this time show a hint of panic. Donghae panics and releases hyukjae sitting up. Realization hits donghae and he understands why hyukjae looked panic. how could I forget he was almost . Donghae scolds himself.                                                                     “sorry hyukki I didn’t-“ Donghae feels guilty and lowers his head.

“don’t apologize.” hyukjae stops donghae from apologizing and sees how guilty donghae looks. He sighs. “I just don’t like being held down hae.” Hyukjae says standing up. Donghae’s eyes widen and he grabs hyukjae’s wrist. Hyukjae turns to him and donghae grins.

“Then it’s not the touching but being held down, does that mean we can do this again as long as I don’t do that.” Donghae beams. Hyukjae blushes and pulls his hand away. “I-I d-didn’t say that!..I am going to make breakfast” hyukjae storms off embarrassed.

Great! next time I will make sure not to hold him down then I won’t have to stop! Donghae blushes at his own thoughts. He is so adorable when he is embarrassed! Donghae giggles. He jumps up suddenly and dashes out the bedroom door as if just remembering something.

“hyukki!!!” donghae shouts causing hyukjae in the kitchen to jump slightly at the sudden yell and turn to donghae who just busted out of the room. “I want chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast!” Hyukjae just stares blankly.

“hae did you really run out here just to tell me that?” hyukjae laughs when donghae nods at his question. “you are like a little kid.” Donghae pouts.

“like you have any right to say that.” Donghae complains mumbling.

“I heard that.” Hyukjae snaps hearing donghae’s mumbling. “ you really don’t want those pancakes do you?”

“hyukki I was just kidding you’re the best.” Donghae walks behind hyukjae wrapping his hands firmly around his waist hugging him. “I know” hyukjae responds. Such a brat! Donghae thinks smiling.


Donghae and hyukjae have been dating for 2 months now, known each other for around 5 months, and things have been going smooth except for the occasional argument or fight when donghae becomes too possessive and annoys hyukjae or hyukjae gets mad at donghae’s habit to smile and be nice to everyone, mainly girls who flirt with donghae. Hyukjae knows that is how donghae is but still gets slightly jealous when it happens.

Hyukjae kept his promise to hyuna and took donghae to visit his sister’s house about a week after they ran into them at the store. Donghae got kicked a few more times when he teased hyukjae while there and hyuna got upset, but in the end hyuna and donghae got along and played most of the time. Donghae got to see pictures of hyukjae when he was younger that Sora showed him as she told embarrassing stories until hyukjae threatened to never come back if she did not stop. They promised to visit again when they could but it is a long driving distance.

Hyukjae finally gave in and joined the school’s dance team. Actually between donghae, hangeng, kyuhyun, and sungmin all bothering him to just do it he was getting annoyed and just gave in to shut them up. He was reluctant still on the first day knowing he is not too well liked by some classmates and figuring there will be problems among the students on the dance team but to his surprise it was the opposite he was happily welcomed a little too happily welcomed by one member in particular, Hyoyeon.

Flashback:

Hyukjae follows behind hangeng and enters the practice room with him.

“Everyone this is our new member, lee hyukjae.” Hangeng introduces him.

There were a total of 4 people in the room and that time even though there are more in the dance club. The shock on their faces was obvious but there was no hint of discomfort or anything like that in their eyes.

“hey welcome to the group!” a chubbier guy says showing a friendly smile. “I’m shindong, a third year student.” Hyukjae just nods slightly at him. Hyukjae does not like meeting new people.

“omo so cuuttee!” a voice squeals out right after he nods. He looks at the source of the voice and before he knows it is being hugged tightly by a girl with long blonde hair. He struggles but can’t get free. This girl’s grip is amazingly strong! He thinks as she loosens the hug and steps back holding his shoulders. “My name is hyoyeon, a third year like shindong!” the girl cheerfully voices. “And I am claiming you as my cute dongsaeng so call me noona.” She then hugs him again. “Welcome to the dance team hyukjae.”

 “sorry about her, she has a problem with anything she finds cute.” Hangeng pries hyoyeon away and informs a confused looking hyukjae. Hyoyeon just pouts. The other members sigh knowing her personality then introduce themselves.

“I’m taemin, a first year student.” a younger boy politely speaks up.

“I’m amber, also a first year.” A girl with short black hair and dressed like a boy introduces herself. “Don’t expect us to go easy on you just because you are a second year.” She grins.

Flashback end:

Donghae was happy for hyukjae finally joining the dance team but at the same time unhappy for a few reasons: one, the number of people at their table has grown again some days when they decide to join them for lunch. Two, which is actually the main reason is that hyoyeon has become attached to hyukjae and is always hugging him. Donghae knows that hyoyeon only sees hyukjae as a little brother and is not jealous about that but the fact is that hyukjae’s attention goes elsewhere besides him and he does not like that. However, donghae figures hyoyeon reminds hyukjae of his sister and that is why he lets her hug him and seems to like her company but that still does not mean he is happy about it.

They had a short break for a week and donghae went to visit his family. Donghae invited hyukjae to go with him but he refused because his parents were coming to see him during that week. Even though both were happy to see their families they missed each other. It was more obvious on donghae’s part because he constantly called and texted hyukjae but hyukjae always replied and really did not mind it. They decided to not inform their parents just yet about them dating.When donghae finally came back home he stuck to hyukjae for the next two days more than normal constantly hugging him and kissing him.

They have been back at school for almost 2 weeks. Hyukjae and donghae get out of the car and start walking towards the school.

“DONGHAE-OPPA” a loud voice yells from a distance. Donghae turns to see who is yelling and is shocked when two arms quickly attach to his. Donghae only sees a mess of dark brown hair until the girl raises her head smiling.

“y-yoona!” donghae stutters out caught off guard. “why are you here?”

“I am going to school here now we get to see each other again oppa!” the girl giggles. Unaware of the extreme death glare a certain red head is giving both of them, but mostly the girl hanging on his boyfriend. Hyukjae clears his throat calling for their attention.

“ah! Hyukki this is my childhood friend yoona.” Donghae quickly explains seeing how upset hyukjae already is.” She is like my little sister.” He adds hoping hyukjae will not get the wrong idea.

“oh! Sorry I did not know you were talking to someone. Who is this?” yoona asks while donghae gently pulls his arm away. Yoona pouts but quickly hides it with a smile when donghae looks at her.

“This is hyukjae, my boyfriend.” Donghae tells yoona placing his hand on hyukjae's waist and pulling him closer. Yoona looks at hyukjae then donghae and does it again.

“what? Boyfriend? Oppa since when have you been gay?” yoona asks sounding completely surprised her voice rising with each question.

“I do not think it should matter whether someone is a boy or girl if you love them. I hope you will not think different of me.” Donghae sounds slightly disappointed and worried. He really cherishes yoona as his little sister.

“of course not. How long have we known each other.” Yoona tries to compose herself after finding out this news. She glances at hyukjae and hyukjae swears he can see a look of disgust in her eyes before she looks back to donghae and smiles. I don’t like this girl! Hyukjae mentally notes.

“I’m really happy to hear that.” Donghae smiles wide and hugs yoona. Donghae then glances at his watch and turns to hyukjae. “hyukki I need to talk to the soccer coach before class so I will meet you in class ok.” Hyukjae nods and donghae runs off. Hyukjae starts to walk away when he hears yoona’s voice.

“Disgusting!” her voice is not cheerful like earlier. Hyukjae stops and looks at her. “Do you really think he loves you? Oppa is not gay do not lie to yourself. I do not know what you did but I don’t accept it.”

I knew I would not like her.“why should I care what you accept?” hyukjae says his face unconcerned.

“you know donghae-oppa cares for me more than he does you if I tell him to he will leave you.” She says grinning confidently. This guy because of him all my hard work of moving here is going to be wasted. No! I will not let some boy have donghae- oppa. Even if this guy is good-looking donghae likes girls more, me more!

Hyukjae sighs. “I doubt that he would leave because you say to.Did you not hear him? he sees you as a sister that is all so stop.” Hyukjae then turns around not wanting to deal with her also knowing he might lose his temper with her and donghae will get mad.

“he belongs to me not someone like you! I will make him leave you !” yoona insults hyukjae. Hyukjae’s anger rises as he hears her words. He turns back around. Yoona flinches slightly at the pissed off glare hyukjae has when he looks at her. If looks could kill she would definitely be dead right now.

“The only reason you are not laying on the ground with a broken jaw right now is because you are a girl.” He growls out walking towards yoona who steps back unconsciously. “ But I am not above hitting a girl if she deserves it so whatever you think you are going to do. Don’t!” he stops walking when yoona stumbles back falling on the ground. Hyukjae walks away before he gets any angrier.

Yoona sits on the ground. How can someone who looks like that be so scary? What kind of person can have a look like that I really thought he would kill me... I won’t give up though no way just you wait lee hyukjae. Yoona smirks standing up. “Donghae-oppa will hate you when I am done.”

Yoona started to join them during lunch much to hyukjae’s dislike. He ignores her mostly but she keeps clinging onto donghae and that really makes him mad but the fact that donghae lets her bothers him more. The others at the table can see the dislike between the two but do not say anything.

“oppa can I come visit your house this weekend we can watch movies like before.” Yoona asks tugging at donghae’s sleeve.

“um sorry but you can’t yoona.” Donghae responds slightly uncomfortable because hyukjae is giving him the no-way-in-hell look and also yoona does not know they live together.

“but why we always use to play at each other’s houses siwon, henry, me, and you. I want to see your mom and dad too.”yoona whines. Heechul lets out a snicker at this girls horrible whining. He likes hyukjae and this girl is kind of annoying even though she acts nice heechul does not seem to like her. Yoona rolls her eyes at heechul when she hears him.

“that is…I do not live with my parents now they moved but I stayed to finish school.” Donghae tries to explain. He actually wants to spend time with yoona, she is like a little sister of course he does, but he knows inviting her to the house is a bad idea because of a certain short tempered guy beside him.

“oh but I do not see why I can’t come then.” Yoona pouts. Donghae is about to answer but is interrupted.

“because he lives with me and I don’t like you.” Hyukjae says flatly. His straight forwardness does not shock anyone except yoona who looks at him mouth open.

“hyukki!” donghae scolds. “That is too much.” Hyukjae shifts his gaze back at his food ignoring donghae’s scolding.

“Do you really live with him?” yoona turns to donghae. He nods. “then have you two…” she pauses not wanting to hear the answer if they have already slept together or not.

“oh I am sure they have done all kinds of naughty things.” Heechul says as if reading her mind. Yoona looks at him horrified which make heechul happy but quickly changes to a calmer look when donghae faces her.

“heechul-hyung!” donghae yells his face turning a light shade of red. Meanwhile hyukjae smiles slightly watching yoona’s expression constantly changing.

They decide to let the topic go and start talking about other things because donghae did not want to continue the conversation. After lunch donghae grabs hyukjae to talk to him.

“look I know you do not like her but please try to get along with her I really care about her as family and I want you two to get along.” Donghae almost sounds pleading.

“not going to happen.” Hyukjae answers straight away. Donghae sighs.

“aish hyukki you do not even want to try.” Donghae becomes impatient not understanding how hyukjae cannot get along with his cute dongsaeng.

“fine.” Hyukjae tells donghae and watches his face brighten as he hugs him. “thank you, thank you.” Donghae chirps. Hyukjae only said it to make donghae stop asking knowing full well yoona has no intention of getting along with him.

The next week hyukjae got into two fights, normally that is not too rare, but recently he has gotten into fewer fights. Donghae asked hyukjae what happened but he just said they bothered him so he beat them up. Donghae is happy to see yoona trying to be friendly with hyukjae but hyukjae ignores her. He can’t understand why but figures he just need time to warm up to her.

Hyukjae and yoona have their silent fight behind donghae’s back. Yoona constantly trying to get donghae’s attention and hyukjae purposefully doing things to make her mad. When he sees yoona he intertwines his fingers with donghae’s and watches yoona become angry or when donghae pecks him on the cheek and yoona sees it he smirks behind donghae’s back at her.

Just you wait lee hyukjae! Soon enough donghae-oppa will not even want to look at you. yoona becomes more determined when she cannot seem to make donghae leave hyukjae even though she has definitely asked donghae more than once saying how mean hyukjae is to her and asking how donghae can like someone who says such bad things to her.

Wednesday:

Hyukjae is heading to his locker when he smells something. He tries to ignore it but it gets stronger. He opens his locker and almost gags at the smell he steps back quickly seeing a dead fish sitting in the bottom of his locker. ing sick! I think I am going to throw up! Who the hell did this? Hyukjae curses while covering his mouth and nose. He walks closer when he sees a piece of paper.

[Disgusting, just like you.] That I have had it! Hyukjae knows now who put it in there. She is the only person who would dare to do something like that and he was wondering why she seemed happy a little while ago when he saw her now he knows.  Hyukjae quickly grabs garbage bag from the nearby janitor closet and wraps the fish tightly trying hard not to inhale the stench and sprays a large amount of deodorant into the locker to hopefully kill some on the smell.

Donghae, yoona, siwon, henry, heechul and hangeng are at the lunch table. Donghae notices hyukjae walk behind him his face showing anger holding something yoona looks back smiling widely until hyukjae opens the garbage bag and drops the dead fish on her lap. She screams and jumps up as the rest quickly cover their noses from the smell grabbing their trays of food away.

“What the hell hyukki?!” donghae shouts as he watches the fish fall to the ground.

“Why don’t you ask her?” hyukjae grits out. “she put that damn thing in my locker.”

Donghae turns to yoona who is freaking out not expecting to have a stinky dead fish dropped on her in front of everyone, the smell clinging to her clothes.

“Did you do that yoona?” donghae asks in a serious tone. Yoona starts crying.

“oppa I didn’t I swear.” Her tears falling down her face. Donghae does not know what to think. “I really didn’t! He probably just assumed me because he does not like me.” She continues sobbing. By now most of the cafeteria is watching.

“Stop lying it is really annoying.” Hyukjae says staring down yoona. Donghae gets upset at hyukjae’s antics and grabs him by the wrist.

“We need to talk.” He turns quickly to the others “help her find some clothes to change please.” He says the proceeds to pull hyukjae out of the cafeteria.

In the hallway donghae pulls hyukjae to where no one is and turns to him trying to control his temper.

“What the hell was that hyukki?” donghae asks releasing hyukjae’s wrist.

“I already told you she put that in my locker so I returned it to her.” Hyukjae answers as if he did nothing wrong and to him he did not.

“how do you know it was her? Are you 100% sure?” donghae wants to believe hyukjae but he can’t imagine his innocent yoona doing something like that.

Because she left a note calling me disgusting just like she did the first day we met and you left and since Jung-won doesn’t bother me anymore she is the only one who would dare to do it. Hyukjae thinks but decides better not to say that donghae probably will not listen anyway. “I just know alright.”

“Did you see her do it?” donghae pushes for a better answer.“no.” hyukjae replies. “then you do not know for sure yet you just did that hyukki. I thought you were better than that.” Donghae shows disappointment towards hyukjae.

“She is lucky I have not done anything until now and you are saying I am in the wrong. Why don’t you open your eyes, hae? She is not your innocent little sister.” Hyukjae shoots back before walking off. “I’m eating lunch with kyu and min if I see her again I might hit her.”

Donghae returns to the lunch room sighing. The others ask what happened but donghae just lowers his head not wanting to talk about it. What has gotten into hyukki? Donghae apologizes to yoona for hyukjae’s action and she smiles accepting it saying not to worry.

Student council room:

“What a surprise to see you here hyung.” Kyuhyun says when hyukjae walks in and plops down on one of the seats pouting. “Did something happen?”

“I fought with hae.” Hyukjae answers back.

“About what?” sungmin asks sitting beside kyuhyun. Hyukjae rolls his eyes. “oh could it be that yoona girl again?” hyukjae nods. “That girl I am going to teach her a lesson she will not forget.” Sungmin stands up but hyukjae stops him.

“I already did.” Hyukjae informs and they look at him as if saying, continue. “I dropped a dead fish on her.” Kyuhyun and sungmin’s eyes widen in shock before kyuhyun burst into uncontrollable laughter and sungmin remains awed.

“a dead fish?” sungmin asks not understanding. Hyukjae explains what happened and kyuhyun, who did stop laughing, starts again. “Why don’t you tell donghae what she has been doing to you hyukki you know about-“

“Stop.” Hyukjae interrupts. “just forget it I do not want to tell him.he probably wouldn’t believe me anyway he seems to take her words over mine.” Hyukjae feels hurt at his own words.

After lunch donghae, siwon, and henry take their seats in class. Hyukjae walks in sees donghae and proceeds to ignore him making his way to his seat. Siwon glances at donghae and hyukjae. One is sighing, the other looks annoyed. Henry and siwon glance at each other as if wondering if they should say something because they know something they should tell donghae but at the same time if they do it will hurt their friend yoona who they have all cared for. They decide to stay quite hoping everything will just settle down on its own between hyukjae and yoona.