Chapter 7

Misunderstandings and Truths

It has been one month since donghae and hyukjae began living together. Thanks to donghae's attempts at friendship they have gotten slightly closer but not by much. Donghae though has for some reason become really determined to be friends with him especially after what kyuhyun said about hyukjae not hating him.

"why do you suddenly want to be friends with hyukjae?" siwon asks confused.

"why not?" donghae replies while he solves a problem. Siwon,henry and donghae are together at siwons house working on homework after school.

"because you are just asking for trouble." siwon remarks while focusing on his paper.

"he is not as bad as you think."donghae answers.

"you say that but we ended up with extra homework because of him –“

“Though the teacher was kind of asking for it” siwon interrupts.

“but he also punched someone not long ago." Henry continues.

"ah yeah I asked him about that he said the guy tried touching his or something so he punched him" exclaims donghae.

"He still went too far he almost broke the guy’s jaw.if you make him mad he really might go after you."siwon adds.

"he won't...at least I do not think he will he would have already if he was going to" donghae smiles " I really annoy him alot.” he laughs remembering how he has been teasing hyukjae recently. Donghae is not one to tease others but for some reason it is really fun to tease hyukjae to him. “Plus sungmin and kyuhyun even said he does not seem to hate me"

"if you say so" siwon says questionably then keeps working.

The next day after school

            Donghae just finished soccer practice early and was catching the bus home when it started downpouring.'Luckily it did not start until I got on the bus good thing practice ended early' donghae sighs.He reached the apartment and went in but it was empty.Usually on school days hyukjae is home before him because he stays late but this time he was not. Donghae just figures he went somewhere and starts making dinner. After about 15 minutes donghae hears the door click.

"about time food will be done soon where have you be-" donghae stops his sentence short when he turns to see a drenched hyukjae standing in the doorway.

"what happened to you?" donghae asks concerned.

“Damn rain.” hyukjae mumbles and starts walking to the bathroom.ah! that’s right he drove his motorcycle like usual today donghae laughs realizing hyukjae got caught in the rain because of that.

The next morning, Friday, hyukjae was sleeping soundly until he hears some noises. Who could it be? I'm alone. He complains still mostly asleep.He gets up and walks out of the room rubbing his eyes sleepily. My body feels heavy. The noise stops and he opens his eyes.'Oh yeah thats right he lives here now.' he reminds himself. It has been over a month but I'm still not use to having him being here.He is staring at me again.It feels weird.

"why are you staring?"he ask sleepily.

"I-It is N-Nothing."donghae stares looking somewhat flustered then smiles should I tell him he looks like a little kid who just woke up? He holds a laugh "I'm heading to school you should get ready"

Hyukjae sighs and looks at the clock.'CRAP! School starts soon I woke up late. He then heads back to room and gets dressed. He grabs his motorcycle keys and heads out.

Hyukjae reaches school and heads to class feeling a little dizzy but not paying much mind to it.I didn't eat breakfast maybe that is why. In class he barely pays attention to what the teachers are saying but has trouble focusing. Half the day went by and it was after lunch. Donghae ate lunch with hyukjae again well more like forcibly sat with him. Hyukjae only eats in the cafeteria when kyuhyun and sungmin are busy. Donghae noticed hyukjae did not eat much and considering hyukjae was like a bottomless pit it was strange but he did not say anything.

After lunch Hyukjae was coming out of the bathroom when would you know it jung-won and his friend were coming in. Jung-won glares at hyukjae then smirks.

“well if it isn’t mr.I-am-rich-and-can-do-what-I-want.” jung-won begins to instigate.

“Not today jung-won” Hyukjae tries to walk past.I caught a damn cold this and I do not want to deal with these guys and really what is this guy’s problem with me anyway?

The guy with jung-won blocks hyukjae and pushes him back.

“you know I really cannot stand you. Actually I do not think anyone can. It is bad enough you fight with students and get in trouble but that was not enough was it? Last year you got that teacher fired just for doing his job now the teachers will not say anything to you either. Damn rich brat.” Jung-won hisses out.

“Do you have some personal grudge against me?”hyukjae asks shocking jung-won. “are you kidding? damn right I do ,you attacked my friend and got my uncle fired his wife even divorced him because he lost his job. of course I have a personal grudge.” Jung-won shouts back.

Hyukjae was confused for a second then it clicked his uncle was Mr.Kim, the teacher from before. Hyukjae starts feeling sick remembering something he rather forget at the thought of that name. Not wanting to continue this argument hyukjae starts getting mad.

“move now before I get pissed and you end up like your friend in the hospital” hyukjae then starts walking to leave again. His head hurts and he feels dizzy.

The next thing hyukjae knew a sharp pain hit the back of his head when he was thrown back hitting into a wall. Before he could respond jung-won and his friend had hyukjae pinned to the wall and were hitting him.

“you will not be so cocky when I kick your hyukjae!” jung-won spits out with anger in his voice.

Hyukjae tries to free himself but he did not have much strength due to his condition. Suddenly he starts to panic as jung-won holds him against the wall. It was happening again he was remembering things he did not want to. Hyukjae snaps and quickly head butts jung-won getting him to release him.When the other guy tries to lunge at him hyukjae quickly dodges and slams the others head into the nearby sink.The guy falls to the ground grabbing his head in pain. Jung-won now pissed off lunges at hyukjae and swings his fist he hits him in the mouth. Hyukjae just stands there as the blood drips down the side of his now busted lip and glares at jung-won. Jung-won was honestly scared hyukjae looks like he will kill him it was not a normal glare. Jung-won runs into the hallway but when he steps out of the bathroom hyukjae kicks him hard in the back causing him to fall to the ground. Some students in the hallway see this and someone screams.

 Donghae,siwon,henry,and heechul were finishing lunch in the cafeteria but walk out when they hear a scream. Their eyes widen when they see someone suddenly fall hard to the floor. They then see hyukjae standing in front of the guy. He grabs him and starts punching the guy hard repeatedly. Watching hyukjae hammer away at jung-won donghae couldn't take anymore and steps in he might seriously kill this guy donghae fears.

"HYUKJAE! that is enough you will kill him!" donghae shouts and grabs hyukjae's arm.

" off!" hyukjae growls trying to pull his arm free. Donghae holds tight not letting go.

"NO! you are going too far how can you act this way?"donghae yells back. "Calm down!" he says demandingly. Siwon, Henry, Heechul and even donghae are surprised at how donghae sounds.

Hyukjae just glares at donghae then slowly releases the guy who falls to the floor. Hyukjae snatches his arm away from donghae.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!!" siwon,henry and heechul all yell at donghae once they walked outside.

donghae just groans from the loud yelling."I thought he would kill him otherwise.”

"he could have killed you!" henry argues back.

donghae just sighs.

"who knew donghae could be so intimidating?"heechul breaks the tension.

They all look at donghae who is shocked too.

"yeah where did that come from I wonder." donghae awkwardly laughs.

At that time Sungmin and kyuhyun appear walking to them.They arrived barely before donghae stopped hyukjae so they saw what happened.

"hey about what happened back there." he looks at donghae in the eye."thank you for stopping him that is twice now you helped him. I'm not entirely sure what happened but if he was like that he might have really hospitalized that guy."

"well he probably broke the guys face so I'm sure he will be in the hospital." heechul replies nonchalantly. The others just glare at him as if saying shut up.

"that guy is crazy." siwon mentions.

sungmin frowns" he is not"

"how can you say that after he attacked someone like that obviously he has problems he should be locked up" siwon says angrily.

"You are wrong hyukjae-hyung does not attack someone unless they do something first!" kyuhyun shoots back with anger."that guy must have deserved it."

"He really is not a bad person." sungmin says to donghae “you live with him you should know that.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyukjae is walking through the halls after the fight. He feels even worse than before.My body feels heavy thankfully there is no one in the halls since classes will start soon. Everything starts looking blurry. He crouches down and holds his head.

Donghae was walking down the hallway thinking about what just happened. Argh! I do not know what to think. It is true he does not attack people for no reason but he definitely went too far. I cannot figure him out at all. Is he like siwon says? Sungmin is his friend he would know him better. Donghae was mentally battling with himself on what to believe. Donghae looks ahead and sees hyukjae crouching over holding his head. Did he get hurt?

"hyukjae, are you alright?” he calls out.

Hyukjae recognizes the voice without having to look. Great why is it him?

"I'm fine" hyukjae mumbles out and stands holding the wall. Donghae is now standing next to him and looks concerned. I should check if he has a fever but he does not seem to like being touched so maybe I should not.

“hey you look really pale.” Donghae sighs when he gets no response. He then crouches down in front hyukjae his back turned towards him.

"get on I will take you to the infirmary."donghae says. hyukjae looks at him dumbfounded.

“No way. I said I am fine.” Hyukjae starts walking away somewhat wobbling. Ugh! what is with this guy does he really think I will let him piggyback me what a joke.

“I am trying to help you quit being stubborn you obviously are not fine so just accept my help.” Donghae walks in front of hyukjae and stops him. “the infirmary is downstairs do you really think you can make it?” he looks at hyukjae concerned.

Hyukjae ignores him so donghae comes up with another idea. Hyukjae sees donghae smirk. Why is he smirking? Hyukjae wonders.

"Look you cannot walk you can barely stand either you get on my back or I'll carry you bridal style.you pick." Donghae blurts out.

"You wouldn't dare." Hyukjae hisses back.Is he kidding?like I would let him.

"oh really" donghae smiles "you can't really fight back right now."

Hyukjae stands wide eyed. Is he serious? Knowing how persistent he is he probably is serious? ! I do not have a choice.

“Fine. turn around" he retorts feeling himself blushing. Donghae smiles seeing Hyukjae blush and turns around, back into the former position. Hyukjae groans and climbs onto his back.

"I thought you would say that." Donghae laughs and stands up starts walking to the infirmary." You are really light considering you eat like a pig."

"shut up!" hyukjae wraps his arm tight around donghae’s neck choking him.

"yah! I was kidding" he chokes out and hyukjae let go. So violent donghae complains.

Donghae can feel Hyukjae’s breathing get heavier. 'He really is sick. They are downstairs and almost to the infirmary.

"hyukjae." donghae speaks but no response. Hyukjae shifts and now Donghae feels hyukjae’s hot breath on his neck. He shivers. Come on donghae stay calm no weird thoughts besides you are supposed to be upset with him remember. He tries to not focus on the weird feeling he feels with hyukjae.

 "omo hyukjae! what happened?" The doctor asks as soon as she sees donghae walk in carrying hyukjae.

“I think he has a high fever from getting caught in the rain yesterday” donghae tells her as he lays hyukjae down.

“this boy he never tells people when he feels sick until he gets this bad.” The doctor sighs.

Donghae looks a little confused I thought all the staff disliked him and were afraid of him? “um do you know him?”

“of course he is my sons friend actually he is like a son to me.” She smiles.”oh my son is sungmin you are donghae right I heard about you.” She continues talking as she checks hyukjae.

“how do you know I am donghae?” he asks.

The doctor laughs. “just a guess I heard you were handsome sungmin was right.”

Donghae blushes and looks away.” Thank you. Anyway is he ok?”

“ His fever is really high but I gave him some medicine he just needs to rest.” She answers. Hyukjae starts shifting then opens his eyes to see the doctor standing next to him.

“hmm auntie” he speaks up sleepily and sits up.

“hyukki how many times have I told you to come see me if you even start feeling sick” the woman starts lecturing. Hyukjae just groans while donghae cannot help but laugh at the scene.Hyukjae then looks to donghae.

“why are you here still?” he asks coldly.

“do you not remember who carried you?” donghae remarks.

“I did not want you to” hyukjae says simply.

Donghae grins “you seemed comfortable enough to fall asleep on me” hyukjae feels his face get hot.

“are you blushing now?”donghae teases.

“I am not I have a fever.” hyukjae retorts.

“ahem” the doctor coughs to get their attention. “when you two lovers are done fighting you should call a taxi to take you home so you can rest.” She chuckles.

Donghae and hyukjae feel startled and look away from each other abruptly.

“yah! How can you say that” hyukjae says angrily. The doctor just ignores him and looks at donghae.

“can you go get his items from the classroom for him” she asks.

Donghae nods and walks out as the doctor follows.

“thank you for bringing him here he has trouble trusting people and does not say thank you much but I am sure he is thankful. I am glad you seem like a good person donghae so I will trust hyukjae to you please watch out for him.” The doctor says sweetly. “He seems to like you.” She laughs.

“w-what? How do you see that he is always rude to me.” Donghae asks. first kyuhyun now sungmin’s mother. Why do they think that?

“oh dear if he does not like someone it is obvious and you would never be able to lay a hand on him and he would completely ignore your existence.” She answers. “also I heard some students saying you stopped him while fighting shortly before coming here if he did not like you he would not listen to you.” She assures donghae.

Donghae went and got their bags from class and left with hyukjae in the taxi. Hyukjae left his motorcycle keys for sungmin to drop his bike off later. When they made it to the apartment donghae carries hyukjae again this time hyukjae did not put up a fight or complain.